• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibbOAYeNS7S47W.gif

Styles

you mean you were actually in there and I missed it? ;___;

Girls today I have gone to the DARK SIDE. FORGIVE MY FLOPULOUS
fVkU3.gif
fVkU3.gif

IMAG0064.jpg

its the BLACKOUT of Playstation I CAN'T. IT'S BEAUTIFUL FML

fVkU3.gif
fVkU3.gif

Waiting for the AC3 bundle, or whenever the white version gets released. :D

Bladenic

I'll pick up a Vita probably. I told myself I wouldn't get either Vita or 3DS but it's gonna get harder. Probably will get Vita when Ys comes out in MERICA tbh.

Also Mob serving that truth tea. Haters can keep hating, RihALLAH will continue selling respectable amounts of albums while slaying the singles charts with the catchiest jams possible.

I don't wanna shade Christina, but call me when she posts another TOP 5 hit. And besides Bionic, Back to Basics wasn't exactly a huge success either. Sold respectably, but still far off from before.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Also Mob serving that truth tea. Haters can keep hating, RihALLAH will continue selling respectable amounts of albums while slaying the singles charts with the catchiest jams possible.

lol, respectable. Rihanus will keep flooding the market until some shitty song sticks.
only 2 hits after sending 5 from Talk The Flop and still cannot even crack the top 10 best selling songs

all those #1s and nothing to show for it
carmen_electra_meet_the_sparta.gif

Bladenic

lol, respectable. Rihanus will keep flooding the market until some shitty song sticks.
only 2 hits after sending 5 from Talk The Flop and still cannot even crack the top 10 best selling songs

all those #1s and nothing to show for it
carmen_electra_meet_the_sparta.gif

I can't with you Marius. I mean sure I could quote your posts when you stan for Rihanna but whats the point? Come next week you'll be stanning again.

Also I still cant get over the fact that Bieber released a PERFUME instead of COLOGNE. Honestly though, what kind of marketing genius...

Given your terrible taste in female artists, I'm pleasantly surprised by your male picks.

A lot of the great synthpop bands of the 80s don't get much love in this thread, though. SOME even applaud insults to New Order.
qiAa2.gif

Given your terrible taste in female artists, I'm pleasantly surprised by your male picks.

A lot of the great synthpop bands of the 80s don't get much love in this thread, though. SOME even applaud insults to New Order.
qiAa2.gif

I'll ignore your shade to the GODDESS ALL REALITIES™ and agree with you on New Order. They're also one of my fave bands. Euro synthpop 4LYFE.

Depeche Mode must be added to that list also tbh.

Even though they obviously won't, I really want No Doubt to return to the dance/punk/ska thing they did on Tragic Kingdom. The album had a lot of gems; it's a shame the biggest single, "Don't Speak", was so awful.

"Just a Girl" and "Spiderwebs" are eternal jams. And Gwen is looking better than ever.

I just wish they would ditch the nu-pop thing and get back to their power pop roots.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

qiAa2.gif

Are you trying to drag ME? I LOVE New Order. I just also have the GOOD TASTE to admit that CAN'T GET BLUE MONDAY OUT OF MY HEAD is a great MASHUP.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
you mean you were actually in there and I missed it? ;___;

Girls today I have gone to the DARK SIDE. FORGIVE MY FLOPULOUS
fVkU3.gif
fVkU3.gif

IMAG0064.jpg

its the BLACKOUT of Playstation I CAN'T. IT'S BEAUTIFUL FML

fVkU3.gif
fVkU3.gif

How DARE you insult Blackout like that. Vita is the XTINCTA of consoles.

Nemesis_

OKAY, so now I'm done with this

l.jpg

I think Madonna is a great performer and has some genuinely catchy tracks but just as I begin to like her I am reminded just of how much of an absolutely HEEJUN she is and I begin to like her less >_>

My recording of this tour is obviously one where there were a few issues, she's just walked off stage after Where's The Party and hasn't realised that her microphone is still on. She's just screamed to someone GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY as she's getting dressed and then we've heard her bitch about how it's SO FUCKING HOT IN HERE. Then at the end someone gave her a shirt and she complained about how HOT IT WAS SO SHE DIDN'T WANT TO PUT IT ON. What kind of BITCH. ;_;

Like A Virgin is much more listenable to me with this middle eastern twist too. I don't care for the song outside of this performance. >_> The way that song leads straight into Like A Prayer is perfect and really well executed. I liked it VERY MUCH. The OH MY GOD thing she did just before she started reminded me of Girl Gone Wild's intro - that's intentional, right? watching the tours also gives me a bit of a look at Madonna's non single tracks which I've never ever heard or wanted to hear before which I suppose is nice but none of this stuff holds any nostalgic value so it doesn't appeal to me much (outside of Like A Prayer). Hanky Panky's introduction also reminds me of Some Girls from MDNA. =/

The second act of the tour was a bit weird, most of the songs I hadn't heard before and most of it was apparently derived and/or from her performance in the Dick Tracy movie which was really where she lost me for a while. I would be lying if I said I didn't tune out during most of this performance. Then she came out with Material Girl where she FORGOT THE LYRICS and then yelled at the audience saying IM HOT OKAY?!@1. I guess my recording really is not the best one. LOL. I remember reading somewhere that Madonna hated Material Girl and I am not sure if she chose to sing it like an idiot for this tour because she hates it or just for some kind of theatrical effect. >_>

The recordings from the Truth or Dare documentary are such good quality and look amazing on Bluray, I kind of wish someone just recorded the whole thing and would release it at some point. MAYBE AFTER SHE DIES? #MJBadTour

Either way, good tour, a HUGE STEP UP from both The Virgin Tour and the Who's That Girl tour. You probably just can't see it on my recording, but it's so bizarre how the beginning of the tour had a staircase in the middle and what looked like all these pistons and cogs and gears and now haflway through we're somehow jumped to an altar with all these candles. How did it change so dramatically in such a short amount of time or is there something I'm missing? =P

Generally speaking the opening of the show and the "church" themed act were superb, all the songs were performed kind of well and they all flowed well into one another and many of the flows made logical sense. The middle was a boring mess as far as I'm concerned while the final third of the show was a return to GREATNESS.

Not looking forward to the next one, The Girlie Show, but we'll see how it goes. >_>

My recording of this tour is obviously one where there were a few issues, she's just walked off stage after Where's The Party and hasn't realised that her microphone is still on. She's just screamed to someone GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY as she's getting dressed and then we've heard her bitch about how it's SO FUCKING HOT IN HERE. Then at the end someone gave her a shirt and she complained about how HOT IT WAS SO SHE DIDN'T WANT TO PUT IT ON. What kind of BITCH. ;_;

iQISzGXbOXep2.gif

Trigger

At20X.gif

Not here for stale Vita shade, but I am here for more No Doubt. They're one of the few artists that I can say I've never been disappointed by, and your crusty faves wish they could look as good as Gwen.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I think it's clear to anyone that Madonna has always been and always will be, a total egomaniac bitch with the emotional depth of a piece of wood. Part of her appeal tbqh.

Nemesis_

So Nicole Scherzinger has been announced as the fourth X-Factor judge.

Nicole-Scherzinger-Best-Photos-3.jpg

I don't know what this means or it's implications but I know EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT IT so HERE YOU GO, POP-GAF

cQWoX.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Robyn is playing Austin City Limits next Thursday, yay. Definitely looking forward to seeing the performances once they hit youtube and/or PBS if they're airing it live. Hopefully they have a good hairstylist on hand...
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Trigger

Robyn is playing Austin City Limits next Thursday, yay. Definitely looking forward to seeing the performances once they hit youtube and/or PBS if they're airing it live. Hopefully they have a good hairstylist on hand...
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Robyn is sticking with that terrible hairdo for better or worse.

B9Zpt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom