• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I prefer that my faves take time between albums to allow actual growth and creative reflection. It makes the album all the more interesting to listen to, analyze and savor - like a juicy ribeye...and not a McDonalds pattie.
Hi.

Please Please Me (1963)
With The Beatles (1963)
A Hard Day's Night (1964)
Beatles for Sale (1964)
Help! (1965)
Rubber Soul (1965)
Revolver (1966)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
The Beatles (1968)
Yellow Submarine (1969)
Abbey Road (1969)
Let It Be (1970)

The%2BBeatles%2BYellowSubmarine.jpg

royalan

All I see here is people #PRESSED at the PROSPECT of a NEW RIHANNA album that is CONFIRMED to not come out until 2013, as she said herself.

Also, I like how WHYB is suddenly a non-hit when it's in the TOP 10 AND CLIMBING, not STRUGGLING like the Xtincta stan said. Getting 2M updates daily is struggling now? Pfff what was happening to Xtincta then?

Ch...

Ch...we ain't talking about Xtina right now. We're talking about all shit you said about WHYB snatching wigs, slaying the summer and summoning Cthulu. So far it's not, honey. Summer 2012 has so far been dominated by some one-hit wonders. And Xtina ain't got shit to do with it.

Mau ®

Ch...we ain't talking about Xtina right now. We're talking about all shit you said about WHYB snatching wigs, slaying the summer and summoning Cthulu. So far it's not, honey. Summer 2012 has so far been dominated by some one-hit wonders. And Xtina ain't got shit to do with it.

Funny because Summer has not even begun lol

WHYB is climbing and holding up at a steady pace. You said it was struggling. Hun, Id like to see your receipts since I've been checking up on its stats daily, so I dont see how you gonna win this.

Let's not forget Talk That Talk and Birthday Cake were not sent to pop. In fact, Birthday Cake went #1 on Urban despite no promo and no official release. The true flop here was You Da One. What a horrid song tbh..

Mau ®

Doing a quick background check, The Runners have already worked with Rih on LOUD for the songs Cheers (AWESOME!) and California King (AWFUL & MAYAH FLOP).

Mmm... please work with UK peeps only Rih. They have FRESH ideas.

royalan

Funny because Summer has not even begun lol

WHYB is climbing and holding up at a steady pace. You said it was struggling. Hun, Id like to see your receipts since I've been checking up on its stats daily, so I dont see how you gonna win this.

Let's not forget Talk That Talk and Birthday Cake were not sent to pop. In fact, Birthday Cake went #1 on Urban despite no promo and no official release. The true flop here was You Da One. What a horrid song tbh..

I ain't gonna front. No receipts. But we'll see in time...

For reference, if this album comes out before the following:

In the time Justin Timberlake has been gone Rihanna has will have released 5 albums

Since Bionic, Rihanna will have released 3 albums

Rihanna's ENTIRE 7 album CAREER has taken place while JoJo has not been able to release ONE ALBUM.

My fave is so productive. Is yours as productive as RihALLAH?

I dont think so

tumblr_li7a9hNhlM1qewmu6o1_r1_500.gif

Where's Rihanna's greatest hits album? I would buy that. Yes. I said it
CS06e.gif

St!nk is easily the most over-produced, faux badass pop wannabe of the last two decades.

Even Ke$ha could kick her ass. Or Avril.

Or Taylor Swift.
CS06e.gif
I'm okay with P!nk. She and Kelly are the only ones to come through the pop-rock-chick era last decade with SOME shred of dignity intact. She probably even paved the way for Breakaway with M!zzundastood. Although P!nk's career revitalization happened solely because of her efforts with Kelly's leftover producers, a strategy that she seems to employ to this day.
CS06e.gif

"So What" remains a stain on humanity, however.

royalan

Pink's "Who Knew" is without a doubt the best Pop power ballad of the last decade, and comes closer to eliciting a genuine emotional response from me than any song I've ever heard (including my fave's music). Her vocal from the final bridge to the end is just powerful stuff. Truly the gem of her catalog.

The rest of her stuff is good. Consistent, if unremarkable.

Pink's "Who Knew" is without a doubt the best Pop power ballad of the last decade, and comes closer to eliciting a genuine emotional response from me than any song I've ever heard (including my fave's music). Her vocal from the final bridge to the end is just powerful stuff. Truly the gem of her catalog.

The rest of her stuff is good. Consistent, if unremarkable.
Yesss, the one P!nk song on my iPod
ib1FpKgVQT1ozj.gif

Koodo

Banned
St!nk is easily the most over-produced, faux badass pop wannabe of the last two decades.

Even Ke$ha could kick her ass. Or Avril.

Or Taylor Swift.
CS06e.gif
I don't use Pink or her music, but please, if there's anything she could do is wreck any flop's ass.

Especially Keshit or Anvil.

Perra's terrified attempt at dangling off a rope shows how much ovaries Alecia has for pulling off a more complex stunt with about as much concern as getting her morning coffee.

Koodo

Banned
She might if X Factor USA turns into a cultural phenomenon like the UK version.

Seems like we can't have nice things without a sprinkle of bad.

tumblr_m4zwe8eVUe1r5bui8.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
you flops can keep trying to deny DemiGOD's ascension into the American hearts but she will keep pushing, come this fall she will be a household name and climb the charts with a 1D collab

keep trying, she aint going nowhere
iEglmtVu3qMf4.gif

Kyon

Banned
Don was at XFACTOR and came OUT. I MET HIM at the CONCERT once i always had a CRUSH. Now my dreams have come TRUE. Why is he a flop now?

b1fjps

Cynosure

It's hilarious how his retorts went beyond being just painfully stale to inapplicable random rubbish

While I wouldn't say that TTT was a flop....I definitely wouldn't consider it a smashing success or evidence of her reign. I mean, 5 singles and only one undeniable hit. Her big summer song struggling to stay in the top 10 (and a #1 showing pretty much guaranteed to not happen at this point).

I agree with Koodo. If anything I think Talk That Mediocrity's quickly fading relevance is a sign that Rihanna needs to cool it on the albums for a little while. Take some time off. Guest star on Girls next season. Do a Broadway musical. Get pregnant. Something.

∆レレ ⅰ ㄅ∑∑ サ∑Я∑ ⅰㄅ ㄕ∑◊ㄕレ∑ XTINCTA #ㄕЯ∑ㄅㄅ∑∂ ∆₮ ₮サ∑ ㄕЯ◊ㄅㄕ∑ς₮ ◊モ ∆ и∑ῳ Яⅰサ∆ии∆ ∆レ๒ㄩ㎡ ₮サ∆₮ ⅰㄅ ς◊иモⅰЯ㎡∑∂ ₮◊ и◊₮ ς◊㎡∑ ◊ㄩ₮ ㄩи₮ⅰレ 2013, Bionic, ∆ㄅ ㄅサ∑ ㄅ∆ⅰ∂ サ∑Яㄅ∑レモ.

∆レㄅ◊, ⅰ レⅰк∑ サ◊ῳ ῳサㄚ๒ ⅰㄅ ㄅㄩ∂∂∑иレㄚ ∆ и◊и-サⅰ₮ ῳサ∑и ⅰ₮'ㄅ ⅰи ₮サ∑ ₮◊ㄕ 10 ∆и∂ ςレⅰ㎡๒ⅰиб, и◊₮ ㄅ₮Яㄩббレⅰиб レⅰк∑ ₮サ∑ XTINCTA ㄅ₮∆и ㄅ∆ⅰ∂. б∑₮₮ⅰиб 2㎡ ㄩㄕ∂∆₮∑ㄅ ∂∆ⅰレㄚ ⅰㄅ ㄅ₮Яㄩббレⅰиб и◊ῳ؟ ㄕモモモ ῳサ∆₮ ῳ∆ㄅ サ∆ㄕㄕ∑иⅰиб ₮◊ XTINCTA ₮サ∑и؟

Ch...

UP4yZ.gif

ITZ:

8Tu0y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom