• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
A meltdown is saying I am BOTHERED. I am simply WARNING the STREET RATS to go back to the SEWERS where they BELONG. A DECREE was in ORDER to keep them in CHECK.

EDIT: You are lucky I have enough CLASS to call her XTINA and not XTINCTA because if I were to really START there are other names I can call her by. GODNEY's spirit held me BACK from such TREACHERY

royalan

Kyon sis you can come for me if you want, but that was NOT me dragging Britney.

That was me speaking as someone who is a fan. A True Fan of Britney Jean-Motherfucking-Spears, and not just the image of Britney. A Truer fan than these phonies claiming to be her stans but not giving a fuck if she's completely dead behind the eyes, completely passionless and being strung up so blatantly that you can almost make out the strings. Her life in the control of the men around her instead of in her own damn hands. A Truer fan these fake hoes who don't give a shit about her mental well-being, who don't give not a single fuck about any of that, because none of it matters to them.

Just as long as she keeps charting.

Just as long as she continues "slaying."

Just as long as she keeps smiling while the rest of her face is frowning.

And people can say what they want about Christina Aguilera and how her albums sales don't match up to Britney and however many people "punched her out of the game", but one thing I will ALWAYS respect her for is how she fights to be HERSELF and IN CONTROL. Whenever she leaves this game she will leave it having been 100% WHO SHE IS.

Now RECOVER from THAT.

botty

Banned
A meltdown is saying I am BOTHERED. I am simply WARNING the STREET RATS to go back to the SEWERS where they BELONG. A DECREE was in ORDER to keep them in CHECK.

EDIT: You are lucky I have enough CLASS to call her XTINA and not XTINCTA because if I were to really START there are other names I can call her by. GODNEY's spirit held me BACK from such TREACHERY

What kind of DRAG

#GODTina2012ReturnToForm

You been drinking that Marius juice?

ipfm4v0sTalfn.gif

And people can say what they want about Christina Aguilera and how her albums sales don't match up to Britney and however many people "punched her out of the game", but one thing I will ALWAYS respect her for is how she fights to be HERSELF and IN CONTROL. Whenever she leaves this game she will leave it having been 100% WHO SHE IS.

Now RECOVER from THAT.

So much trutht.

tumblr_lyzcuwCSvu1qdf8w1o6_250.gif

Icicle

For making this sacred place the most #RATCHET, #SCALPEDT #MESS of a thread I've ever seen, I just wanted to express my feelings...

k3xym.gif

(Is there any sort of consensus as to which two factions have the biggest/most intense rivalry?)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kyon sis you can come for me if you want, but that was NOT me dragging Britney.

That was me speaking as someone who is a fan. A True Fan of Britney Jean-Motherfucking-Spears, and not just the image of Britney. A Truer fan than these phonies claiming to be her stans but not giving a fuck if she's completely dead behind the eyes, completely passionless and being strung up so blatantly that you can almost make out the strings. Her life in the control of the men around her instead of in her own damn hands. A Truer fan these fake hoes who don't give a shit about her mental well-being, who don't give not a single fuck about any of that, because none of it matters to them.

Now RECOVER from THAT.

So what you're saying is, Xtincta is 100% personally responsible for all her floppage and for the #mess that was Bionic?

Mumei

For making this sacred place the most #RATCHET, #SCALPEDT #MESS of a thread I've ever seen, I just wanted to express my feelings...

k3xym.gif

(Is there any sort of consensus as to which two factions have the biggest/most intense rivalry?)

In here? Or in general?

Kyon

Banned
Hun when she leaves the game? EVERYBODY AND THEIR DAMN FAVE KICKED HER ASS OUT! Xtina has no PLACE in the GAME or in LIFE. Stay SEATED. Xtina FELL APART and was looking a TRAINWRECK a few years ago or did everyone FORGET? Britney already had a MELTDOWN. She is BIPOLAR and still manages to be MORE KIND AND SWEET than your BITCH ASS FAVE who a MAJORITY of the INDUSTRY claims to he a BITCH. EXPLAIN how a bi polar woman who isn't "HEALTHY" can be KIND, not ALL IN CONTROL OF HER LIFE and STILL make more MONEY THAN EVERY FEMALE IN THE GAME . Where was Xtina on FORBES hun? Someone who has CONTROL of her life should be doing something PRODUCTIVE and trying to make money. WHAT HAS XTINA DONE THIS PAST DECADE that ANYONE can even REMEMBER besides BIONIC? A TRAGEDY. Britney in her MELTDOWN ERA had more #1'S AND SUCCESS/RELEVANCY than your "HEALTHY" FAVE. EXPLAIN THAT.

royalan

So what you're saying is, Xtincta is 100% personally responsible for all her floppage and for the #mess that was Bionic?

You know what? For better or worse? Yes. Just as she's responsible for her multip-platinum going, grammy winning, #1 charting, standard-setting albums Back To Basics and Stripped that preceded it.

For better or worse my fave is WHO SHE IS. Why? Because she is #THATBITCH

Britney vs Christina.

The ten-year battle.

Let's not, seeing as my original comment that started this had not a damn thing to do with Christina.

royalan

Hun when she leaves the game? EVERYBODY AND THEIR DAMN FAVE KICKED HER ASS OUT! Xtina has no PLACE in the GAME or in LIFE. Stay SEATED. Xtina FELL APART and was looking a TRAINWRECK a few years ago or did everyone FORGET? Britney already had a MELTDOWN. She is BIPOLAR and still manages to be MORE KIND AND SWEET than your BITCH ASS FAVE who a MAJORITY of the INDUSTRY claims to he a BITCH. EXPLAIN how a bi polar woman who isn't HEALTHY can be KIND, not ALL I'M CONTROL OF HER LIFE and STILL make more MONEY THAN EVERY FEMALE IN THE GAME . Where was Xtina on FORBES hun? Someone who has CONTROL of her life should be doing something PRODUCTIVE and trying to make money. WHAT HAS XTINA DONE THIS PAST DECADE that ANYONE can even REMEMBER besides BIONIC? A TRAGEDY. Britney in her MELTDOWN ERA had more #1'S AND SUCCESS/RELEVANCY than your "HEALTHY" FAVE.

Hmmm, but I'm not seeing an actual response to my Britney comments that attacked me for...

All I see is a tired-ass rehashing of the same Britney vs. Christina feud that was #TIRED in 2001 and is practically #MESOZOIC today.

And if Christina was was a mental mess with people lined up to hop on the conservatorship gravy train I'd be saying the same damn thing about her. I don't know how many times I have to openly proclaim my love for both of these woman before people realize that pointing out Britney's superior sales does nothing to phase me. Nor does it DO anything to detract from my comments on Britney.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Cosmic :*)

Also, unless I'm recalling things incorrectly (which is entirely possible!) B-Dex, you're Australian; she certainly charted over there and made a splash on the digital charts—despite Eurovision not being an Aussie thing.

And Robyn's Cherrytree stuff is amazing. Her acoustic version of "Bum Like You" is simply incredible. The YouTube video keeps being taken down, but here she is doing the stripped-down version to promote the Cherrytree Sessions EP.

Album version is better. All of the album versions of her acoustic songs are better. Never really here for 'stripped down' versions of songs tbh. Especially Robyn, where the backing stuff is so amazingly produced.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Xtincta stans are seriously pressed that in the middle of her breakdown Godney produced an album better than their faves did when in full control of their faculties, apparently.

220px-Britneyspears-blackout.jpg

royalan

Damn I'm late for WORK. Which is HILARIOUS that I'm EMPLOYED while Xtina is NOT.

...Now you're not even making sense.

#GameOver

Xtincta stans are seriously pressed that in the middle of her breakdown Godney produced an album better than their faves did when in full control of their faculties, apparently.

EDIT from my last post:

And if Christina was was a mental mess with people lined up to hop on the conservatorship gravy train I'd be saying the same damn thing about her. I don't know how many times I have to openly proclaim my love for both of these woman before people realize that pointing out Britney's superior sales does nothing to phase me (I own all of their albums). Nor does it DO anything to detract from my comments on Britney.

It's hilarious, you guys in your eagerness to defend Britney by slamming Christina (who I didn't even bring up) are doing nothing but proving what I just said:

A Truer fan than these phonies claiming to be her stans but not giving a fuck if she's completely dead behind the eyes, completely passionless and being strung up so blatantly that you can almost make out the strings. Her life in the control of the men around her instead of in her own damn hands. A Truer fan than these fake hoes who don't give a shit about her mental well-being, who don't give not a single fuck about any of that, because none of it matters to them.

I swear, Britney could die tomorrow and you guys would do nothing but talk about how her posthumous album is going to slay.

Don't get me wrong: I'm a HUGE fan of Britney.

But that's just it: I'm a fan of Britney. Not Shellney.

What we have now is an empty shell that people desperately want to believe is Britney Spears. Her personality is gone (and no, making "cute faces" at Simon and telling an old duet partner it's "Ok to be gay" is not personality. At this rate she'll be a more vapid judge than JLo was on Idol.) Her music becomes more and more impersonal with each album and - if I'm being honest with myself - I did not enjoy Femme Fatale as much as I wanted to, and I don't see her albums getting better if she continues recording in this state. Her performance ability, once her BIGGEST strength next to her endearing personality, has LONG been a thing of the past. Hell, she can't even muster up the strength to record a damn Vimeo ad spot with an ounce of professionalism.

The thing I've had to come to grips with during the Femme Fatale era and after was that no matter how much her people try to disguise it, and no matter how much her stans want to pretend she's A-OK. She's not.

This is a woman who can't do an interview without having questions pre-screened and have had people refuse to interview her because of it.

This is a woman who LITERALLY has had her LIFE signed over to TWO MEN.

That is NOT normal.

That is NOT a sign of a woman who is OK.

This couldn't be even further from the strong, independent performer I fell in love with in high school. And I'm getting sick of the people around her constantly thrusting her out in front of the spotlight.

I love and respect Britney and everything she's accomplished, but these days she become the POSTER CHILD of everything this industry can take away from you if you let it. She's literally been chewed up and spit out by the Fame Monster.

I want Britney to go the fuck away for a while. Be with her family. Relax so her face isn't settled into that perma-frown she's ALWAYS sporting these days. REGAIN CONTROL OF HER OWN DAMN LIFE. And maybe then she'll regain some of the genuine passion she had for her career (because she certainly doesn't have a shred left now), and then she can come back and slay like she used to.

That way I can stan for her not out of pity, but because she's being genuinely fierce again.

One of the best posts in this thread, and you hit the nail straight on the head. The heavy stanning for current Britney comes off as pseudo-apologist and over-compensated. I've been saying this ever since the FF era started: she's NOT back, she hasn't made a full recovery, and you can see it in her eyes, her body language, her empty personality, and the fact that she's not even allowed to SPEAK FREELY to the press. She needs more time to marinate (medicate?) because right now I just feel sorry for her.

So Britney's best work is the album she had the least to do with. Got it.

Mau ®

I mean, the simple truth is that OVERMEDICATEDNEY, SHELLNEY, NOFUCKSTOGIVENEY still is FAR MORE successful than Xtina.

And,uh, the latest X-Factor videos do show a Britney thats comfortable. You guys need to realize the stuff she went through is not a "go away five years and get better" thing. She'll have to deal with it her whole life.

So Britney's best work is the album she had the least to do with. Got it.

Incorrect.

After In The Zone, Blackout is the album she's been more involved with since she executive produced it. She choose the producers, rejected a lot as well ( namely Ne-YO and Timbaland). Just because she didnt write on it doesnt mean she didnt do anything for it.

Icicle

I think Kyon was referring to the fact that the The Voice is a Spring show, and how there has been little to no news about any new music/album from Christina.

It's possible she's just being a mom to her young son, but that's not something to be shading, IMO.

Majmun

OMG what happened here

T3oUK.gif

Blackout is the album that made me like Britney. I was more of a Xtina fan before. But Blackout changed the game for me.

royalan

I mean, the simple truth is that OVERMEDICATEDNEY, SHELLNEY, NOFUCKSTOGIVENEY still is FAR MORE successful than Xtina.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF ANYTHING. That has absolutely -9999 to do what we're talking about and what I said.

All this desperation to tie Xtina to this is just coming off as pressed at this point.

Damn I'm late for WORK. Which is HILARIOUS that I'm EMPLOYED while Xtina is NOT.

this is just too good, I can't deal with this

Album version is better. All of the album versions of her acoustic songs are better. Never really here for 'stripped down' versions of songs tbh. Especially Robyn, where the backing stuff is so amazingly produced.

My favorite version of "Bum Like You" is actually the pre-synthpop original version that appeared on the first run of the Swedish edition of Robyn. It's so... cute.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I think Kyon was referring to the fact that the The Voice is a Spring show, and how there has been little to no news about any new music/album from Christina.

It's possible she's just being a mom to her young son, but that's not something to be shading, IMO.

no, she is working on The Voice season 3 atm
obviously she is employed....

royalan

There's been a ton a news about Christina's new album:

Christina working with Xenomania

Christina working with Sia again

Christina writing songs with her boyfriend

And these are all recent news items. In all likelihood we'll be hearing something from Christina very soon so that it can have time to impact radio and she can actively promote during The Voice next season.

But damn I almost didn't want to reply to this because even I'M getting sick of the slightest mention of ANYTHING Pop-related by Xtina fans in this thread turning into pages upon PAGES of unwarranted, biased, unrelated, and just plain inaccurate Xtina shade. It derails any possible discussion we could ever seriously have in here (which is what I was hoping to promote with my original post on Britney), and it's becoming really fucking annoying.

Mau ®

You think that is who Britney really is?

tumblr_m3i7u7KqCK1r0jzcko1_250.gif

So you have a better idea? Please enlighten us.

If you expected the bubbly 20 year old Brit to turn up well Im sorry but she's been through MAJOR stuff: a divorce, two kids, media-scrutiny none of your faves have endured (except MJ), a lot of people have battered her trust.

People change. Things happen. Its called life.

And please, dont make it seem as if she looks miserable there. She's having fun, laughing. Miserable was the Circus interviews where it was clear she didnt want to be there. In this she looks like she wants to be there.

botty

Banned
Maybe Xtincta wouldn't get so much shade if she didn't suck so much.

Suck in what way godels?

So you have a better idea? Please enlighten us.

If you expected the bubbly 20 year old Brit to turn up well Im sorry but she's been through MAJOR stuff: a divorce, two kids, media-scrutiny none of your faves have endured (except MJ), a lot of people have battered her trust.

People change. Things happen. Its called life.

And please, dont make it seem as if she looks miserable there. She's having fun, laughing. Miserable was the Circus interviews where it was clear she didnt want to be there. In this she looks like she wants to be there.

Um...

WUCRJ.jpg

Icicle

There's been a ton a news about Christina's new album:

Christina working with Xenomania

Christina working with Sia again

Christina writing songs with her boyfriend

And these are all recent news items. In all likelihood we'll be hearing something from Christina very soon so that it can have time to impact radio and she can actively promote during The Voice next season.

Haven't heard any of these stories, and not sure if they are anything to be excited by either. I am curious to see how Christina's next attempt will fare. The various "scandals" that have happened in the past year or so make me wonder if she will receive some sort of Janet-esque blacklisting by various outlets. Without trying to sound shady, is Christina expected to be acting her real age in this upcoming album or pretending she's still in her early 20's like Britney with Femme Fatale? Something tells me she's going to go with an "Adele" sound this time around, having read nothing about the album.

Zutroy

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF ANYTHING. That has absolutely -9999 to do what we're talking about and what I said.

All this desperation to tie Xtina to this is just coming off as desperate at this point.

I think you're being too pessimistic about it.

She's been through a hell of a lot. Her confidence and trust were absolutely battered. She went into her shell, and she's never going to come out of it the same way like when she was a young, energetic and confident twenty year old.

I do however believe that being on a break for a few years wouldn't make any difference, because there's nothing to change. This is how Britney is now. And I honestly believe that she continues to make music and appear in the public not because she's made too, but because she genuinely wants too.

She has more than enough money to retire now, and could easily live off royalties for the rest of her life. If she really wanted to go on a break, I think she would.

She may not be great and look a bit awkward when it comes to speaking in public (although she never was amazing) but when I last seen her on the FF tour, she was smiling through most of it and looked like she was having fun.

Mau ®

See you're comparing a 24yo IN LOVE Britney Spears to 30yo Britney Spears. A lot happened between then and now.

Its ridiculous to think Britney would be the same woman after everything that's happened.

I dont know who is the bigger BULLY here: the people who love her music and anticipate her next album or the people who want her to get the fuck out because she's not who they want her to be anymore.

botty

Banned
See you're comparing a 24yo IN LOVE Britney Spears to 30yo Britney Spears. A lot happened between then and now.

Its ridiculous to think Britney would be the same woman after everything that's happened.

I dont know who is the bigger BULLY here: the people who love her music and anticipate her next album or the people who want her to get the fuck out because she's not who they want her to be anymore.

The way britney is now is either a facade (being PC for the camera) or due to medication. But if you want to know who she really is, look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom