• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Haven't heard any of these stories, and not sure if they are anything to be excited by either. I am curious to see how Christina's next attempt will fare. The various "scandals" that have happened in the past year or so make me wonder if she will receive some sort of Janet-esque blacklisting by various outlets. Without trying to sound shady, is Christina expected to be acting her real age in this upcoming album or pretending she's still in her early 20's like Britney with Femme Fatale? Something tells me she's going to go with an "Adele" sound this time around, having read nothing about the album.

If you're a fan of Christina Aguilera and waiting for new music it's definitely something to get excited about. The possibility that I'll be jamming to a new Christina song within the next month or so is definitely something to get excited about. Don't pretend like you wouldn't get excited if producers started sending out tweets that said, "Going into the studio with Miss Jackson if you #Nasty!"

And of course Christina will act her real age. She did during Bionic. Her "womanhood" was a major theme of the album.

Nor do I think she'll be going for an Adele sound. She'll have ballads, of course (pretty much guaranteed since she's working Sia again). But she's also working with Le Tigre and Xenomania, who are more of the upbeat Pop set.

I think you're being too pessimistic about it.

She's been through a hell of a lot. Her confidence and trust were absolutely battered. She went into her shell, and she's never going to come out of it the same way like when she was a young, energetic and confident twenty year old.

I do however believe that being on a break for a few years wouldn't make any difference, because there's nothing to change. This is how Britney is now. And I honestly believe that she continues to make music and appear in the public not because she's made too, but because she genuinely wants too.

She has more than enough money to retire now, and could easily live off royalties for the rest of her life. If she really wanted to go on a break, I think she would.

She may not be great and look a bit awkward when it comes to speaking in public (although she never was amazing) but when I last seen her on the FF tour, she was smiling through most of it and looked like she was having fun.

I don't think anybody is expecting Britney to return to being the person she was 100%. That would be illogical in a very obvious way.

Speaking for myself, the thing that I still expect to see from Britney is passion. And I just don't get that from her anymore. Britney used to be so passionate about what she was doing, and you could tell that not just from her extreme drive (seriously, people think Beyonce works hard? She ain't got shit on the schedule Britney used to keep), but her bubbly and endearingly candid personality as well.
She was genuinely enjoying her career and it showed.

But Britney has none of that anymore. Her drive is gone. She puts no effort into her performances. Lets not kid ourselves; she doesn't. At all.

When Janet in her 40s is doing this.

And Madonna at 53 is doing this.

There is not an excuse big enough to house Britney's lack of presence in her own damn performances and videos.

Her personality is gone, too. Britney used to so deliciously off-the-cuff, and now she's really not. Interviews are screened. Her answers are basic at best. The comedic timing is gone. She barely has the motivation to keep an interested expression on her face. The bubbliness is gone. And don't try to tell me that bubbly personality is something that you lose when you get older. Mariah's just as endearingly bubbly and confident as she ever was (some would say even more so), and she had a mental breakdown of her own (even being hospitalized and medicated at one point).

So there go the excuses. There are none. If Britney was really here for this, I just feel that it would be more obvious. We'd be able to see it. Fans wouldn't be sitting around waiting with bated breath to see whether or not she even looks alert at the next X-Factor stop.

And while I'd like to believe that Britney would elect to take a break if she wanted to, I just don't trust the people around her. Because yeah, she has a ton of money, but if there's anything out there that can trump the reality of already having money, it's the drive to make more.

So that leaves two realities:

Either Britney is being coerced by her "handlers" (and that's literally what they are at this point) to stay in the spotlight and generate more dough.

Or she's aware that her stans are great in number and will eat up anything she does and is purposefully taking advantage of that by phoning in entire eras. And I just don't want to believe she'd do that. The fan in me chooses not to.

See you're comparing a 24yo IN LOVE Britney Spears to 30yo Britney Spears. A lot happened between then and now.

Its ridiculous to think Britney would be the same woman after everything that's happened.

I dont know who is the bigger BULLY here: the people who love her music and anticipate her next album or the people who want her to get the fuck out because she's not who they want her to be anymore.

Neither group is the bully.

If anyone's the bully here it's the people who read any slight thing as a criticism and then fly off the handle about how other people's faves - who had absolutely shit to do with the discussion or have any correlation to the topic that's worth exploring - have no place "in life."

That's bullying.

Icicle

If you're a fan of Christina Aguilera and waiting for new music it's definitely something to get excited about. The possibility that I'll be jamming to a new Christina song within the next month or so is definitely something to get excited about. Don't pretend like you wouldn't get excited if producers started sending out tweets that said, "Going into the studio with Miss Jackson if you #Nasty!"

And of course Christina will act her real age. She did during Bionic. Her "womanhood" was a major theme of the album.

Nor do I think she'll be going for an Adele sound. She'll have ballads, of course (pretty much guaranteed since she's working Sia again). But she's also working with Le Tigre and Xenomania, who are more of the upbeat Pop set.

I would say I'm a fan of Christina, but not stan status. One month until we get new music from her sounds awfully soon when I haven't seen/read anything of that sort, but hey, you're the stan here! My comment was only intended to express my own unfamiliarity with the writers you listed. No idea who her boyfriend and Xenomania are, and I only know of "Breathe" by Sia.

The song that I associate most with Bionic is 'Not Myself Tonight", which is basically what I meant by the acting younger than she is comment. That type of music does not suit her voice and is quite honestly beneath her. If she can find a nice balance of being pop-sounding without sounding Kesha/GaGa, I will be there for the next era.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
LA Reid said DEMON Levato has horns in an interview.

you need to stop with the random receipts just to throw shade at my fave or I will throw a Kyon at you

LQ2Xo.gif

botty

Banned
The song that I associate most with Bionic is 'Not Myself Tonight", which is basically what I meant by the acting younger than she is comment. That type of music does not suit her voice and is quite honestly beneath her. If she can find a nice balance of being pop-sounding without sounding Kesha/GaGa, I will be there for the next era.

Hmm... I have to agree with everything here.

SmnGa.gif

royalan

I would say I'm a fan of Christina, but not stan status. One month until we get new music from her sounds awfully soon when I haven't seen/read anything of that sort, but hey, you're the stan here! My comment was only intended to express my own unfamiliarity with the writers you listed. No idea who her boyfriend and Xenomania are, and I only know of "Breathe" by Sia.

I see what you're saying, but I don't necessarily think the "Not Myself Tonight" video is an example of Christina trying to act younger than she is.

Was it overtly sexual and raunchy to the point of being trashy? Yes. But it was so in a very adult way. Fetish, leather and bondage aren't exactly subjects popularly explored amongst the younger set. Those are usually things reserved for adult displays of sexuality. Yeah, Rihanna did that S&M video, but that was after the fact. The NMT video was very sexual, but not teeny-bopper.

Still, I agree with the rest. I have faith the Xtina isn't going to go for a Ke$Sha/Gaga sound. She's never done Gaga, and the types of producers she's working with on this new project put her beyond the scope of what Ke$ha's doing.

Didn't LA Reid NOT sign Gaga?

What he did was worse: he dropped Gaga.

But brilliant observation sis. :)

Icicle

LA Reid said DEMON Levato has horns in an interview.

Hopefully Simon CUTS her from the show soon and fills the resulting GAP with a CELEBRITY.

If he's looking for a REHAB-FABULOUS girl, hire Lindsay Lohan instead. neaux1curr bout Joe Jonas' ex.

2ML0L.gif

Who's stanning for Xtincta right now?

Watch your words, yo. It's my day off and I'm MORE THAN PREPARED to #DRAG today.

i'll stan for Christina. i'll take misused talent over fabrication any day. I could name a dozen Christina songs that give me life. Whereas the same cannot be said for most of her contemporaries.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hopefully Simon CUTS her from the show soon and fills the resulting GAP with a CELEBRITY.

If he's looking for a REHAB-FABULOUS girl, hire Lindsay Lohan instead. neaux1curr bout Joe Jonas' ex.

what does Lindsay Lohan know about music?

iSeiJ634UaMAv.gif

you are better off promoting that fave of yours that no one checks for anymore, not even the X Factor would be able to revitalize her career

Icicle

what does Lindsay Lohan know about music?

iSeiJ634UaMAv.gif

you are better off promoting that fave of yours that no one checks for anymore, not even the X Factor would be able to revitalize her career

Report back when Demi Levaho manages to go Platinum. Lindsay's first effort alone has sold millions worldwide.

xpcLW.gif

Stick to Disney Channel, Demi, where you might seem relatively successful. Obviously, Simon overspent on Britney and needed someone who would pay to be there.

ZKkus.gif

Mau ®

Lindsay Lohan had more of a "X-factor" than Demi Lovato. Lohan at her peak was alluring. You wanted more.

With Lovato you're like
brit01.gif

Mau ®

Swedish House Mafia is working with Rihanna in the studio right now as we speak.

She's coming for more hits icant. Yes!! Slay Rihalla!!

Mau ®

Wide Awake could overthrow Call Me Maybe within the next 72 hours on itunes.

I like Wide Awake but how is it summer hit material? It cannot outdo Queen Jepsen's reign!!

Cynosure

You've been cosigning lies a lot lately, Koo. What happened? Your shade used to be so airtight...:(

Xtina's bank account grows, and their state of pressed fueled delusion gets more severe.

IOmes.gif

And Roy, your Britney tea spillage for the sake of true tea instead of shade tea hit the nail on the head. Kyon's ramage of a response to it was just a Shitney stan autodefense mechanism.

kyon, my good sis, I've been actually been meaning to say this for a while, you need to cut out the phoniness. The "I like Xtina but Bionic is a massive failure. blah blah blah xtincta is homeless, blah blah Bionic flop, but I love Godtina tho" comments has to stop.

You're a full-fledged bitter Shitney stan, no need to be fake about it. Embrace that ugliness like the other two Shitney stans here have. As of now, your Xtina stan card is revoked.
You might have had Botty fooled, but I can see through your bullshit. #kyon2012

XtinaGAF
roycynbot.gif

not one of us

Cynosure

Hun when she leaves the game? EVERYBODY AND THEIR DAMN FAVE KICKED HER ASS OUT! Xtina has no PLACE in the GAME or in LIFE. Stay SEATED. Xtina FELL APART and was looking a TRAINWRECK a few years ago or did everyone FORGET? Britney already had a MELTDOWN. She is BIPOLAR and still manages to be MORE KIND AND SWEET than your BITCH ASS FAVE who a MAJORITY of the INDUSTRY claims to he a BITCH. EXPLAIN how a bi polar woman who isn't "HEALTHY" can be KIND, not ALL IN CONTROL OF HER LIFE and STILL make more MONEY THAN EVERY FEMALE IN THE GAME . Where was Xtina on FORBES hun? Someone who has CONTROL of her life should be doing something PRODUCTIVE and trying to make money. WHAT HAS XTINA DONE THIS PAST DECADE that ANYONE can even REMEMBER besides BIONIC? A TRAGEDY. Britney in her MELTDOWN ERA had more #1'S AND SUCCESS/RELEVANCY than your "HEALTHY" FAVE. EXPLAIN THAT.

When was Xtina ever rumored to be bipolar?
she didnt make the Forbes list because she obviously didn't sumbit anything to them.
B2B is the top grossing female tour of its time, grossing more than FF tour.

and Xtina never looked the tried trainwreck Britney is now.

most recent:
M4xmQ.jpg

just another to add into her long history of tragic looks.

mars-shitney-fire.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom