• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Any list that puts Adele before Missy is probably shit anyway tbh.

Wasn't this what Lana and her people intended with the whole "gangster Nancy Sinatra" stuff? Off to the Races, Radio, Lolita, and a few other tracks have an urban vibe to them in their production. I worry about her mixing with the hip-hop crowd, but musically it would be a natural transition.

Hell, "Off to the Races" and "Diet Mountain Dew" are almost full-on Hip Hop in my book.

B-Dex

He has a new single.
sd-splash-bg2.jpg

Cynosure

Little PERIODS .

You and ITZ keep trying this. Are you referring to her Xtina's tan leak at the Etta James tribute?

oh the poetic irony(NSFW&life)

Not only would there be more truth in nicknaming you stans "little periods", I could also call you Little RAPISTS

Britney Spearas Settles Sexual Harassment Suit

A mental case with criminal behavior, an alarming threat to society that must be locked up in an institution before she targets another victim.

Cynosure

The narrative of ETERNAL FAILURE & STRUGGLES is hyperbolic yet tinged with a dab of truth. As has been demonstrated, Xtincta has ALWAYS been the LESSER, STRUGGLING against her PEERS. The constant themes of hardship, of being over-LOOKED and over-SHADOWED that permeate her LIFE bars her from being titled CULTURAL ICON, and LEGEND by any metric. Excluding LEGENDARY FAILURE.

How many times do I have to say that the Bionic era is not her only era for it to get it through to you. You Shitney stans milked that era's commercial failure to its last drop. Like I said before, your shitty fav is not much different in that aspect. Shitney is one of the lowest selling of the pop girls.
21 - 9.3
Speak Now - 4
Born This Way - 2.2
Teenage Dream - 2.2
Pink Friday - 1.8
Loud - 1.6
4 - 1.1
Femme Fatale - 0.8

It doesn't matter if Christina flopped more, they are both flops. If a household in the slums makes a few dollars more than another, for that household to flaunt it is just sad. In terms of sales, they're both at the bottom, but Shitney is the only one at the bottom of every category. Sales is all you can use because your fave is a broken, pathetic disgrace of an artist
....and you know it:
Koodo said:
Britney is a tragic former shell of herself, who cannot dance or even muster up a tenth of the energy she used to. It often seems like she has stopped caring.

You're the polar opposite of a hipster; whereas they take pride in things that are not mainstream/successful/popular, your priority are sales figures and charts.
You're so caught up with the finances of it all that I dont think you realise you don't get a fraction of whatever Britney makes, or that Christina's life is far from having stuggles. She's made millions and is living her life lavishly, and all you can do is obsessively throw baseless, delusional, and tiredass shade.

tumblr_m1wc1wCyST1r8fe7uo3_250.gif

Kyon

Banned
Oh look another PERIOD. With FALSE receipts. Femme Fatale is already at 2.2 mill WW hun just STOP. Bionic sold 2 COPIES. Hasn't even hit CERTIFIED PLASTIC. An EMBARASSMENT. Atleast Femme Fatale debuted at #1 and produced the largest hits of her CAREER. Xtincta produced the biggest FAILURE and FLOP of her career with BIONIC. Keep TRYING.

You Xtincta stans say we are hipsters who bring up SALES but look at YOU. Doing the same. Femme Fatale may not have been her highest selling album but ATLEAST it was DECENT/STEADY and QUALITY. BIONIC will forever be a FLOP and STILL no TOUR. How DISGUSTING.

#InNeedOfNewTampons
ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

Cynosure

Cynosure

Femme Fatale is already at 2.2 mill WW hun just STOP.
tumblr_m5ofpy7zO81qcwic6.gif

Bionic sold 2 COPIES. Hasn't even hit CERTIFIED PLASTIC. An EMBARASSMENT.
whitney-lol.gif

Atleast Femme Fatale debuted at #1 and produced the largest hits of her CAREER.

Wow.....+you+re+so+dumb+that+s+a+rage+face+not+a+_cbd5477079533604f18ffda3d985d5cb.gif
Many albums debut at #1 but end up still flopping. The first week is not the only week that matters. And Britney was a much more successful artist when she didn't have hit singles, she was much more respectable then too. Hit singles don't mean shit when the album they're meant to promote does't sell.

You Xtincta stans say we are hipsters who bring up SALES but look at YOU. Doing the same.

I only do it because I know it's the only argument you value. What does it say that you care so much about sales and yet you stan for an "artist" with one of the weakest sales
ch....

Nemesis_

Pretty exciting - Blue Jeans and Born To Die have great clips and I am sure this one will follow suit.

I just hope we never get more clips like the awfully contrived home made ones for Video Games and CARMEN.

Koodo

Banned
The DALAI LANA raining nourishment down on this BARREN twenty-twelve landscape.

More excited for the National Anthem clip though.

Kyon

Banned
God I hate Lana del Ray. How fucking easy is it to bait hipster music journalists.

Hun you stan T-Swift tho...... therefore all arguments have to be SHUT DOWN.
#NoSTANDARDS
#Whew
#TRASH
#Lessor

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

On an actual serious not Peru hun :) Hipsters journalists actually HATE Lana its the total opposite of what you think lol

That mix of Summertime Sadness sounds great; I hope they release it on an EP somewhere. I might be stupid - actually, I am stupid - but I can't find the video mix of Blue Jeans anywhere. I like that orchestral opening.

National Anthem will be incredible... it's one of the most iconic and best songs on the album. It's just so over the top, I'm glad the video will be suitably absurd.

Since buying the album two weeks ago, I must have listened to it about two dozen times by this point. I've come to the point where I pretty much agree with Royalan's take:
Born To Die is a brilliant album. Maybe even the most brilliant Pop album released thus far in 2012. It does lull in parts, but when it's good it's unbelievably fresh and unique.

God I hate Lana del Ray. How fucking easy is it to bait hipster music journalists.

You are aware that "hipster music journalists" were largely critical of the album, in large part because of a perceived lack of "authenticity" on the part of the LDR machine, no? It sounds like you haven't really read many reviews at all.

You should really listen to the album. It's trash pop at its finest; an overproduced, blunt, brilliant mess.

Lana is amazing, and the haters will have to deal.

StX26.gif

Kyon

Banned
#DoubleTeamedT <3 The SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE of The DALAI LANA has brought Mob and I TOGETHER on this HEAVENLY HOUR.

#StongerThanEVER
#SoulMates

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

Peru

Only listened to what youtubes I've been linked to, but that's enough.

Ok maybe I should've said 'rock journalists', everyone who writes for Q, Rolling Stone, NME, etc. Also they are the actual (pejorative) hipster journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom