• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Hmm. The backing track sounds nice but the quality is too low to let me judge it properly.

Sounds radically different from her previous stuff, though. Much BETTER at least.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Cyno was banned

igR7jIRrARoQy.gif

and who cares about Leona, Paris' new song debuts TODAY

popmusicfestival2012.jpg

Trigger

I dig the Leona teaser, but I question my taste levels since I was slayed by Marry the Night and it failed to light up the US airwaves.

Leah LaBelle was on 106th & Park . Guess any random girl from an old season of Idol can get a deal now. Excited for Camile Velasco's album.

Snagging Jermain Dupri and Pharell isn't too shabby. I wasn't impressed with the song Icicle linked earlier in the thread though. Very basic R&B.

HOLY SH!T! I love Nem's panda gifs!

The judges are Madonna, Cher and Tina Turner,

The contestants:

Katy Perry (Willam, sorta ironic and dead pan, and insanely pretty)
Rihanna (Morgan McMichaels, slutty and kinda swarmy)
Lady Gaga (Sharon Needles, obviously)
Beyonce (Tyra Sanchez, no personality but flawless runway)
Christina Aguilera (Phi Phi O'Hara, obviously)
Britney Spears (how is she NOT Tatianna?)
Pink (Raven? Kinda mean but does it in an ironic way)
Shakira (Yara Sofia?)
Adele (Latrice Royale, the mother hen and a boatload of personality to match)
Gwen Stefani (The Princess, eliminated early but people wished she stuck around)

... I WISH THIS WERE REAL.

ME TOO o_O

Madonna in Portugal after slaying Italy and Spain.

598368_353857448021054_205311793_n.jpg

The image SPEAKS FOR ITSELF *.*

YAAAASSSSSSSS. Must obey my mistresssssss.

Poor Cyno banned again. I'm slightly curious what that gif was *o*

Aslo, here for Kylie's new album tho I'm not sure I need it. I have all of her albums for the past 10 years. Guess I'll pick it up just for Timebomb.

Oh, and THIS
2a4dc-592.jpg

so elegant until you hear her meeeeehhhhhhh

One for the moneeehhhhhhhhhehehe

Nemesis_

Mine were from one source, but the others are from somewhere else. Looks like there's a FOLLOWING

I actually don't know where mine are (mine actually don't have REAL PANDAS lol) from but they were in my BANK

Hmm. The backing track sounds nice but the quality is too low to let me judge it properly.

Sounds radically different from her previous stuff, though. Much BETTER at least.
Coming from you, nemesista, that sounds like a ringing endorsement <3

TROUBLE (co-written by the impossibly talented Emeli Sande) will be Glass Heart's first single. Leona just confirmed an October release for the album.

Higher quality recording of the Hackney set. The whole thing was godly, and so much fun. Even the Aladdin pants.

And make all the horse jokes you want - when will your fave make it her cause to singlehandedly save entire animal rescue shelters? TBH after spending some time with your average hopelessly needy Gaga stans, I think it's more worthwhile to just sing and make music than cultivate terrifying faux-religions. So I don't care that Leona treats her horses better than her fans - some distance keeps her from becoming a creepy, deluded Mother Monster.

Leona%2BLewis%2Bis%2Bback%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bsaddle...%2Blet%2527s%2Bhope%2Bshe%2Bdoesn%2527t%2Bfall%2Boff%2Bthis%2Btime%2B%2B1.jpg

Flawless, effervescent beauty. #glassheart2012worlddomination

L8w1b.gif

royalan

Coming from you, nemesista, that sounds like a ringing endorsement <3

TROUBLE (co-written by the impossibly talented Emeli Sande) will be Glass Heart's first single. Leona just confirmed an October release for the album.

Higher quality recording of the Hackney set. The whole thing was godly, and so much fun. Even the Aladdin pants.

And make all the horse jokes you want - when will your fave make it her cause to singlehandedly save entire animal rescue shelters? TBH after spending some time with your average hopelessly needy Gaga stans, I think it's more worthwhile to just sing and make music than cultivate terrifying faux-religions. So I don't care that Leona treats her horses better than her fans - some distance keeps her from becoming a creepy, deluded Mother Monster.

Leona%2BLewis%2Bis%2Bback%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bsaddle...%2Blet%2527s%2Bhope%2Bshe%2Bdoesn%2527t%2Bfall%2Boff%2Bthis%2Btime%2B%2B1.jpg

Flawless, effervescent beauty. #glassheart2012worlddomination

L8w1b.gif

Cosigning that Gaga tea, tbh...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Not even going to waste my time with that fail shade. Leona has to save horses due to only having a miniscule following luckily the horse population doesn't have to hear her music so they welcome her with open arms, she could never be like Gaga not because she chooses not to but because SHE CANT. It boggles the mind how someone can win a show called the X Factor while being so BORING

ibqxaeHmAIOIAo.gif

post #997
iiQSH6PrVF9qT.gif

Nemesis_

My favourite part of that performance is when she sang Come Alive and everybody in the crowd was doing JUST THE OPPOSITE.

ZxShK.gif

Maybe ONE DAY LEONA.

Icicle

Leah LaBelle was on 106th & Park . Guess any random girl from an old season of Idol can get a deal now. Excited for Camile Velasco's album.

I think you're going to have to learn to be super appreciative for "Hangin' On" and its remix with Pras (which is pretty hot), because aside from that and her cover of Marley's "Guava Jelly", (which she manages to make better than the original), I'm pretty sure her career is over. I just saw this great slideshow on some website, which tracked down over 70 Idol finalists across the seasons to ask them if they were able to do anything with their post-show fame and what they're up to these days.

I saw this literally yesterday or the day before, but I can't seem to find it now. I DO recall the main focus of Camile's story, though, because my heart will always belong to Season 3 (My fave was Jasmine, who greatly benefitted from Camile's early exit, Sorry sis. Jasmine and Camile are both great! <3) and what really saddened me was reading that she's either working at Subway now or has had to work there since being on Idol. She said that a few people recognize her and told her that she's very talented, etc. It must be incredibly undignifying to have someone pay you a great compliment for your voice/musical ability, when you're making them a five dollar foot-long for slightly above minimum wage. Even if Camile had been the undisputed star in the group, I don't think she would have been able to win. America was not about to accept an Asian/Pacific Islander as their Idol. 8 years later, my hypothetical scenario of an asian singer being the clear standout becomes a reality, and America shows the exact same unwillingness to have asian people partake in our culture.

Perhaps I'm looking way too deeply into this, but I'm pretty sure the kids camping out for days to be on all these talent shows could not possibly see how chasing the dream can leave you worse off than you ever were before. The vast majority of the finalists' stories were about how all the they released/attempted something, it flopped, and they gave up on the dream of being a musician and do something totally unrelated now, but Camile's story really hurt.

Apologies for any and all mistakes in what I just wrote above, I know it's quite a few. I'm majorly, majorly sleep deprived right now, so my typo frequency, grammar mistakes, and nonsensical writing occurrences are at an all-time high. I will come back and edit/fix this post when I wake up.

To try and make this post seem like it isn't totally flaw-full, I present to you my favorite performance of Camile ever. Flaw-free, of course.

Camile Velasco - "Ex-Factor" (American Idol Season 3 Tour)

Bladenic

#DoubleTeamedT <3 The SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE of The DALAI LANA has brought Mob and I TOGETHER on this HEAVENLY HOUR.

#StongerThanEVER
#SoulMates

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

I stop posting for like 3 days and come back to this icant tbh esp. when I declared my new found love for Lana GOD Ray of Blessed Light

Kyon and I shared a SPECIAL MOMENT in which we were simultaneously BLESSEDT by HER HOLINESS the 34th incarnation of the DALAI LANA. Experiencing her HOLY DECREES with Kyon was a HOLY BAPTISM from which I will NEVER FULLY RECOVER.

Praise her holy name. &#8224;

1KnuX.gif

#SoulMates
#DoubleTeamedT
#StrongerThanEVER

Koodo

Banned
Not even going to waste my time with that fail shade. Leona has to save horses due to only having a miniscule following luckily the horse population doesn't have to hear her music so they welcome her with open arms, she could never be like Gaga not because she chooses not to but because SHE CANT. It boggles the mind how someone can win a show called the X Factor while being so BORING

ibqxaeHmAIOIAo.gif
It's DIFFICULT telling people to put their paws up when all you have are HOOVES.

tumblr_lyfcszIutR1r6ugkuo1_250.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
#icant with all the LLAMA love in this thread. Am I missing something? Cause I listened to some of her stuff, and I was only whelmed.

Maybe I should pull an Aaliyah and 'try again'.

#icant with all the LLAMA love in this thread. Am I missing something? Cause I listened to some of her stuff, and I was only whelmed.

Lana is an EXPERIENCE like NO OTHER.

Turn off your brain and allow the INESCAPABLE BRAND POSITIONING to take over. Also listen to the album; it's pretty easy to see why people love it.

h9k5d.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

I've never understood the appeal, either. "Off to the Races" is the closest thing she has to a compelling song, and honestly, that one rests squarely in so-bad-it's-good territory.

I've never understood the appeal, either. "Off to the Races" is the closest thing she has to a compelling song, and honestly, that one rests squarely in so-bad-it's-good territory.

That's her entire appeal!

Also: fellow Lana-bots: is this "leaked" demo of "Lucky Ones" a real thing? It just showed up on Twitter about 10 minutes ago and is making the rounds. It sounds better than the album version, frankly.

yes I'm monitoring twitter for the national anthem video leak DON'T JUDGE ME

royalan

I stopped at Radio Shack on my way home from work and they're playing the Stripped album in its entirety.

Radio Shack BETTA STAN.

She's dreadful IMO. She sounds so bored when she's singing, like.. She has no emotion in her voice... Idk, It's hard to describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom