• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
#Mess

ibomJfFtDWLCD5.gif

Kyon

Banned
Weird. I saw a Kelly Rowland Best of at the bargain bin at Walmart. Is this some kind of joke? Britney has one now, Kelly and some other girls. I heard Mariah had one but I haven't researched. WHO KEEPS MAKING THESE?

PS: The Britney one contains lots of underrated which is good I guess.

SaintZ

Weird. I saw a Kelly Rowland Best of at the bargain bin at Walmart. Is this some kind of joke? Britney has one now, Kelly and some other girls. I heard Mariah had one but I haven't researched. WHO KEEPS MAKING THESE?

PS: The Britney one contains lots of underrated which is good I guess.
I swear to god(ney) that this isn't sarcasm or anything but I only know 2 Kelly Rowland songs: Stole and When Love Takes Over. I can't believe she has a "Best of" CD, lol.

I was pretty surprised to see "Anticipating" and "Cinderella" in the Britney one because I love those.

Kyon

Banned
I swear to god(ney) that this isn't sarcasm or anything but I only know 2 Kelly Rowland songs: Stole and When Love Takes Over. I can't believe she has a "Best of" CD, lol.

I was pretty surprised to see "Anticipating" and "Cinderella" in the Britney one because I love those.

<3 Brit loving . I love them TOO! :) Cinderella is one of the best songs she's ever written :"""""""""""""""")

Kelly Rowland has great songs :D I'm on mobile rn but you should check out :Lay It On Me, Motivation, Commander. Just a few of her singles.

Right? Is she gonna include her Destiny's Child songs or what?
You should check out Motivation *.*

It's like when Hilary Duff released her greatest hits album as her third album. jhgfdcfvgbh

Koodo

Banned
You should really listen to the album. It's trash pop at its finest; an overproduced, blunt, brilliant mess.

Lana is amazing, and the haters will have to deal.
Deliver the holy scripture, sis.

acj35.gif

My love for Lana has only intensified in the months following the release of the album. Her overall demeanor (she seems so clumsily adorable, and completely unfazed by the vitriol), and marked improvement in live performing have made me believe she deserves and will achieve a permanent place in this industry.

AND COMPLETELY AGREE RE: the video mix of Blue Jeans. What kind of flawnorexic symphonic introduction fit for a DEITY?

I am most moved by This Is What Makes Us Girls and hope the song will one day get the single treatment. The bridge, especially, is brimming with passion and sincerity.

They were the only friends I ever had ;_;

I am most moved by This Is What Makes Us Girls and hope the song will one day get the single treatment. The bridge, especially, is brimming with passion and sincerity.

They were the only friends I ever had ;_;

yaassss I don't know why that song doesn't get more attention. It's so cute, and it beats you over the head less than most of the other great songs on the album. That intro is perfect, and the bizarre idyllic teenage fantasies work so well with her EMOTIVE DELIVERY and the DELIBERATE PRODUCTION.

TzjOP.gif

^^^
ETHEREAL BEAUTY

Majmun

Definitely here for Lana stanning.

The Summertime Sadness mix teaser sounds......AWESOME!! I like it. Can't wait for the video. The song should dominate my summer.
D95Ht.gif

BY THE WAY

I can't ingore the critical praise for Fiona's new album. But I never listened to her stuff before. Should I jump in? I always see Fiona's name fly by in a Lana thread. Maybe I'll like it.
D95Ht.gif

-edit-

I see Cyno is banned. See you soon.

e7296.gif

wait what

KS9Yn.gif

I hope that's true

BY THE WAY

I can't ingore the critical praise for Fiona's new album. But I never listened to her stuff before. Should I jump in? I always see Fiona's name fly by in a Lana thread. Maybe I'll like it.
D95Ht.gif

Yes.

Her first album, Tidal, is the most radio-friendly and immediately accessible album she's done, so perhaps it's safe to start there. It also gives a good introduction to her lyricism and style.

When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right, her fantastic second album, was a major leap for her; it firmly established her as one of American pop music's leading auteurs, was a major critical success, spawned some great singles, and is a wonderful, creative album that can't get enough love.

The saga of Extraordinary Machine is complicated and messy (check the linked Wikipedia article for background), but the album ended up being her most personal, stripped down work up to that point. Many consider the bootleg version to be the superior work (because it is), but the album is unquestionably great and well worth a listen.

And The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do will definitely be one of the best pop albums this year. It's her most complex album, but it's probably also her best.

royalan

So, where dis new Leona single at, yo?

I ain't gonna front, I'm looking forward to it...even if she does bore me to tears most of the time.

Wk9Bi.gif

Ok, this post may or may not have been an excuse to use this PRECIOUS gif. Nobody shades like the primates.

Majmun

Yes.

Her first album, Tidal, is the most radio-friendly and immediately accessible album she's done, so perhaps it's safe to start there. It also gives a good introduction to her lyricism and style.

When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right, her fantastic second album, was a major leap for her; it firmly established her as one of American pop music's leading auteurs, was a major critical success, spawned some great singles, and is a wonderful, creative album that can't get enough love.

The saga of Extraordinary Machine is complicated and messy (check the linked Wikipedia article for background), but the album ended up being her most personal, stripped down work up to that point. Many consider the bootleg version to be the superior work (because it is), but the album is unquestionably great and well worth a listen.

And The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do will definitely be one of the best pop albums this year. It's her most complex album, but it's probably also her best.

Ok, thanks. Sounds too experimental for my taste, but will check them out. And what's up with those album titles lol

JCX

Pretty exciting - Blue Jeans and Born To Die have great clips and I am sure this one will follow suit.

I just hope we never get more clips like the awfully contrived home made ones for Video Games and CARMEN.

While I also want a real video for her upcoming singles, I really liked her copy/paste video for Off To The Races. It was up for a bit in December, but then I assume her people made her take it down b/c they refuse to let her have radio success. Also, all of the Lana stanning is great.

royalan

While I also want a real video for her upcoming singles, I really liked her copy/paste video for Off To The Races. It was up for a bit in December, but then I assume her people made her take it down b/c they refuse to let her have radio success.

I dunno. I feel that if radio success didn't happen with Blue Jeans, it just might not be in the cards for this album.

I thought Blue Jeans would smash. Especially with that video. ;_;

JCX

I dunno. I feel that if radio success didn't happen with Blue Jeans, it just might not be in the cards for this album.

I thought Blue Jeans would smash. Especially with that video. ;_;

The problem with Video Games and Blue Jeans is that, as much as I like them, they're old and already had videos. Both of those songs are also slow and plodding,not really in line with the big radio hits now.

Off To The Races, National Anthem, Dark Paradise, and This Is What Makes Us Girls all have better hooks and energy for radio. If National Anthem drops before 4th of July, she might be able to get a bit of traction.

Trigger

Did the new Leona single drop? I want to hear it.

lol @ all these horse jokes. Leona is the best looking girl out of all of our faves.

L8w1b.gif

Nemesis_

Did the new Leona single drop? I want to hear it.

lol @ all these horse jokes. Leona is the best looking girl out of all of our faves.

L8w1b.gif

I don't find her attractive at all.

I know who MY FAVES ARE mind you but I still think there are OTHER, MORE ATTRACTIVE INDIVIDUALS.

DID ANYONE RECORD LEONA. ANYONE? ANYONE... DID SHE DELIVER THE SLAYAGE UNTO OUR COLLECTIVE FAVES?
The whole set (6 songs) will re-air tonight on BBC, but here's the new track from Glass Heart.

Not a single, it turns out. Just a teaser for the fans...

I'm relieved, because even though the song is FRESH and RELEVANT, it is not strong enough to hang the hopes of an entire era upon.

werk SLAYONA, YASSSS. I look forward to more slayage this summer/fall?.

L8w1b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom