• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
i4iHdCAyqEZyM.gif

^ WOW @ that gif lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih just got done headlining Hackney. She performed all of her hits, and even J and Bey were in attendance (Bey was obviously stanning for the BAJAN QUEEN) and J and her performed Run This Town, Talk That Talk (first time ever), and then Umbrella.

She sounded and looked amazing.

#WHENWILLYOURFAVE ?

tumblr_m6493z63l11qer4s1o1_500.gif

royalan

Rih just got done headlining Hackney. She performed all of her hits, and even J and Bey were in attendance (Bey was obviously stanning for the BAJAN QUEEN) and J and her performed Run This Town, Talk That Talk (first time ever), and then Umbrella.

#WHENWILLYOURFAVE ?

You got some Youtube receipts for that return?

DMeisterJ

Banned
You got some Youtube receipts for that return?

It was a Ustream stream of the event. The BBC is playing it, so hopefully someone in the UK is recording/uploading as we speak.

I should save you some time though, because you'll probably not think she did well.

Kyon

Banned
It was a Ustream stream of the event. The BBC is playing it, so hopefully someone in the UK is recording/uploading as we speak.

I should save you some time though, because you'll probably not think she did well.

Well can you blame Xtincta stans? Their fave hasn't HEADLINED a TOUR or hell HAVE ONE to look forward to ch....

#ForeverInTheSidelines

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

jk

royalan

Not exactly true. I've often given Rih Rih credit when I felt it was due.

It's not so much her live performance ability that I shade, because she can sing and perform well when she's trying.

It's just that more often than not she's got this damn "I've already made it so fuck effort" attitude that makes her performances all the worse.

Well can you blame Xtincta stans? Their fave hasn't HEADLINED a TOUR or hell HAVE ONE to look forward to ch....

#ForeverInTheSidelines

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

Sis, you talk as if Xtina is the only fave I have.

royalan

What I wanna know is why you guys are still using yesterday's gif, tbh.

Thanks to ONTD I've been on an animal kick lately. :(

Seriously, look at this #BEAUTYFACE:

dogfacegvbjk.gif

#whenwillYOURfaves

Bladenic

#WHENWILLYOURFAVE ?

PREACH IT BRO.

Still salty Talk that Talk was not a bigger hit. Flawless song if I'm being perfectly honest.

RihALLAH this generation's biggest hit maker. Your faves, could they ever?

Also I've come to think that Lana is simply not photogenic. She looks bad in those pics. That atrocious hair is doing her no favors though.

Bladenic

1) Britney looks pretty terrible in that pic from the face down.

2) Are The Wanted trying to be relevant by saying bad things about every major pop performer out there?

Godney is shy no? And she probably didn't have time for British Boy band mega flops.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Terrible boyband heading for obscurity, news at 11... The comments on that article are hilarious, and apt, though :
ONLINE JOBS $50/HOUR

DATA ENTRY JOBS $50 to $70/hour

FORM FILLING JOB $10 to $20/ FORM

COPY PASTE LINK TO YOUR BROWSER

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

royalan

KYLIE SHADES MADONNA!

Kylie was recently on Fashion Police, and despite how much my fave STRIVES to keep it forever cute, you just KNEW being in the proximity of the #FOREVERPRESSED Joan Rivers and Kelly Osborne was going to drag some shade out of her eventually...

A long time coming, tbh...

Fashion Police has a long-standing history of coaxing usually-shy celebs to drag their peers. Let's just hope that what happened that one time doesn't happen again:

What am I saying, in this Den of Stans that's exactly what most of us hope will happen.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ciara is a grown woman. She could have kept it classy, but she didn't. And given how #MESSY Rih is, what did Ciara expect? Rih went right for the heart with talking about her flop of a career, and Ciara was thus dragged. I don't blame the fashion police at all for that one. I blame Ciara crossing the wrong one... tbh

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Joan Rivers is right though tbh. Madonna needs grow into some class. It's not empowering or subversive that she's getting her boobs out on stage to try and cause a fuss, it's just embarrassing.

JCX

I'm hyped for National Anthem *.*

The DALAI LANA is the only singer BRAVE enough to release a PATRIOTIC video in time for fourth of July, instead of pandering to INTERNATIONAL MARKETS by collaborating with IMPERIALIST Brits on a song about CHINA #LDR2012

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The DALAI LANA is the only singer BRAVE enough to release a PATRIOTIC video in time for fourth of July, instead of pandering to INTERNATIONAL MARKETS by collaborating with IMPERIALIST Brits on a song about CHINA #LDR2012

Why exactly would a BARBADIAN singer release a song pandering to AMERICAN NATIONALISM? Do you know who the Barbadian HEAD OF STATE is?

Mau ®

#WHENWILLYOURFAVE ?

It's actually true bro *.*

She sounded quite good. *.*

Although Im not a fan of her handing the mic to the audience every 15 seconds. It's become an annoying habit that started on LOUD.

royalan

Ciara is a grown woman. She could have kept it classy, but she didn't. And given how #MESSY Rih is, what did Ciara expect? Rih went right for the heart with talking about her flop of a career, and Ciara was thus dragged. I don't blame the fashion police at all for that one. I blame Ciara crossing the wrong one... tbh

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

Yeah, that Rihanna shade DID seem to come out of nowhere.

"Yeah yeah her outfit's whatever - BUT I SAW HER IN THE CLUB THE OTHER NIGHT AND SHE ACTED LIKE SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHO I WAS!"

Joan Rivers is right though tbh. Madonna needs grow into some class. It's not empowering or subversive that she's getting her boobs out on stage to try and cause a fuss, it's just embarrassing.

Agreed.

Personally, I think Kylie
and Janet
are examples of Pop stars who evolved their sex appeal with age. Both stars are just as sexy as they ever were, but in a more mature way.

And Madonna is no Mariah, who will probably die and be buried in a spandex mini, tube socks and a pair of red-bottoms...but she gets away with it because she's so cutesy about it. She's probably very aware of how ridiculous it looks, but who's gonna check her Boo? Not you.

I thought both of Madge's videos for this era walked that line of sexy and age-conscious perfectly. I mean:

zvxlb.jpg

And:

UL3tN.jpg

Beautiful, Sexy, AND Age-Appropriate. FLAWLESS.

But that being said, there are some moments on her tour that are just...come on...

Mau ®

I found out today that there's an ACOUSTIC version of Princess of China *.*

Im stanning this shit again *.*

And it's slaying the UK so hard right now *.*

So much RihALLAH slayage going on around the globe *.*

Trigger

Poor Ciara. I laugh everytime I read that twitter exchange with Rihanna. I hope Wal-Mart is still hiring in her area.

kLVxJ.gif

Also: I usually dig Rihanna's singles, and Coldplay in general, but Princess of China does nothing for me.

Mau ®

So we love to talk charts. So lets talk about THE OFFICIAL GAF POP TOP 20 tbh

1.-Phonomezer 1,118
2.-Marius_ 999
3.-Crumpet Trumpet 943
4.-Kyon 898
5.-inthezone 800
6.-SecretMoblin 736
7.-Mumei 726
8.-Koodo 670
9.-godelsmetric 640
10.-Nemesis556 638
11.-royalan 626
12.-botty 619
13.-Trigger 565
14.-Second 462
15.-DMeisterJ 440
16.-Delio 386
17.-Chris25 284
18.-Rocket Punch 267
19.-Sai-kun 237
20.-B-Dex 180

Im TOP 5 *.*

Tbh, Botty is coming for our wigs. He started posting like mid-way through the thread and is about to crack the TOP 10.

And Mariana is about to CLOCK 1000 bipolar posts. *.*

Mau ®

DMJ bro, do you think RihALLAH will release Cockiness as the next single from TTT?

She performed it at Hackney AND it recently started logging airplay.

Im personally not here for any more singles from TTT. She'll probably release a new single in the fall anyway. It's time to clear out the airwaves for a bit imo.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DMJ bro, do you think RihALLAH will release Cockiness as the next single from TTT?

She performed it at Hackney AND it recently started logging airplay.

Im personally not here for any more singles from TTT. She'll probably release a new single in the fall anyway. It's time to clear out the airwaves for a bit imo.

I would like her to, but idk if it would be cleared for radio considering how raunchy it is, and I definitely see a lot of stations not picking it up, so probably not

Kyon

Banned
So we love to talk charts. So lets talk about THE OFFICIAL GAF POP TOP 20 tbh

Im TOP 5 *.*

Tbh, Botty is coming for our wigs. He started posting like mid-way through the thread and is about to crack the TOP 10.

And Mariana is about to CLOCK 1000 bipolar posts. *.*

ibocwp1npL367N.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom