• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I find it funny how I got a reputation for sending cock pics YET Ive never sent one in my life!

Meanwhile some people up in here have posted shirtless pics and nobody has said anything.

Ch...

#DoubleStandars #MadAtTheNavy #NavyCockIsBestCockTbh

To be perfectly honest it was a FUN JOKE hun I did not mean to OFFEND.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But Ive never sent a cock pic here or anywhere...

Plus he was portuguese... And a Britney stan! How could I refuse tbh?

How do you feel about British Brit stans?

cs06ee2zfd.gif

Nemesis_

KGbQQ.jpg

PREVIOUSLY:
Blond Ambition
The Girlie Show

The tour setup was much more extravagant and it's amazing how far things have come since the last show though to be fair it was eight years following her last tour. The opening song, Drowned World/Subtitute for Love was quite a surprise - her voice sounds quite intact here and almost as strong as previous albums. It's nice to hear her scrap her LOUD and SCREECHY signature sound from her older albums too. Her outfit is quite terrible, though, and this isn't a very strong opener either - I couldn't imagine being excited by this, but I never liked the song anyway. The interlude following would've been amazing - though I notice most of these things have been re-used in some of the MDNA Tour rehearsal threads. TALK ABOUT RECYCLING. Impressive Instant is quite a fast paced and cool club track that I'm surprised wasn't a single from this album.

6qUg9.gif
BQggM.gif

Candy Perfume Girl was a pretty boring song and was the first time I noticed Madge surrounding herself with cool shit instead of actually PERFORMING INTERESTINGLY, but I guess she was getting on at this point =P I totally forgot Beautiful Stranger was written for Austin Powers as well, it was interesting but it felt kind of out of place when the first three songs were so grungey and industrial. But perhaps this is a transition into the next "act". Ray of Light would've been SO EXCITING to be at but the performance in general felt quite dull for what I would envision for such an energetic song - the backdrop seemed to do more work than the actual people on stage.

IQ9iJ.gif
nDwbB.gif

The Paradise (Not For Me) interlude was amazing - the bodys hanging from the roof in the cocoons, the video and the tone were just so creepy but it worked perfectly for the song and the tone of the show. Damn if those guys weren't built either to be able to hold for so long - the light mouth stuff was fucking scary too. >_> Frozen continued the haunting kind of theme and it looked stunning and sounded much better than I thought it would live and the way she weaved it into this asian theme was quite cool, unexpected and worked well I thought. Nobody's Perfect - umm was she even singing? >_>

FVOxF.gif
9iwAQ.gif

757fp.gif

The Mer Girl medley was interesting although I enjoyed the middle of it more than the actual parts where she sang said song, the choreography in this WIRE FU battle was actually quite cool - I imagine being there would be awesome! Definitely the most interesting part of the tour so far where Madonna is actually on stage. The What It Feels Like For A Girl interlude was cool in that it fit with the asian theme but it was a bit meh tbh - what the fuck was with the weird ANIME HENTAI DEMON RAPE anime scene?

eiKO0.gif
n0UA0.gif

I Deserve It was quite pulled back from the VISUAL/SENSORY OVERLOAD of the prior act, but it once again showcased Madonna's new "sound" and it was nice to see she was actually singing. >_> She also seems quite BITCHY when she kicks shit back to people =( The line dancing in the Don't Tell Me segment was quite well choreographed too. Human Nature was a song I never really understood but now that I know it's pretty much a huge FUCK YOU to her critics from the Erotica era I kind of like it >_> "The Funny Song" was awful and terrible and I cringed the whole way through, it's on the same level as the VILE B-DAY SONG. Secret is a good song but I was expecting something more in line with the video clip. >_>

jl381.gif
2m3S3.gif

The last part of the show was quite boring, though. I was actually trying to find things to do to pass time as many of the song choices were just dreadful and/or boring. The Argentina dancer interlude was kind of "beautiful" I guess but it was quite boring, and the following songs I really don't care for at all so I just lost interest towards the end. Was it really necessary to sing What It Feels Like For A Girl in Spanish? I guess it's cool that it still manages to fit in the rhythm. La Isla Bonita followed and really wasn't a track I have ever cared for either and this rendition didn't do her any favours either. The encore wasn't even that great (another song I didn't care for - Music).

iiIbi.gif

From the beginning I can see that this tour was much more spiritually geared than her previous ones, which seemed to be more about empowerment and harboured themes of femininity. This, on the other hand, felt more like some kind of weird ethereal journey through all kinds of different worlds. The obvious move from a gritty kind of British Industrial Grunge world to western and asian influenced set pieces kind of hammer that point home. This is definitely the first time I noticed she was more HAGDONNA than MADONNA in terms of her own personal look. But I suppose a KID and AGE does that to you (mind you she looks much better NOW than here).

It's also weird she didn't play a lot of her classics again this tour - I'm still hanging out to hear LIKE A PRAYER performed as it is easily one of my favourite Madonna songs. But then again I suppose she was promoting Music and Ray of Light, not her old tracks.

Blond Ambition > The Girlie Show > Drowned World > Who's That Girl > The Virgin Tour

Joan Rivers is right though tbh. Madonna needs grow into some class. It's not empowering or subversive that she's getting her boobs out on stage to try and cause a fuss, it's just embarrassing.

I missed this.

Without saying too much I'll add: This is nothing new to Madonna. The reason people are in an uproar it's because it's Madonna. It always cracks me up the Pavlovian conditioning the media has towards her. They play into her hand every time. It's like clock work. How many times before have people told her that this or that is inappropriate? That what she does is not 'lady like'? To put is away? To act her age? Sexism now turned to ageism.

She doesn't conform and half the world hates on her, yet she doesn't care. It only emboldens her to do it more to shove people's quaint ideas of what a woman should do on their faces. But the world never gets it.

How can you not adore someone so fearless and mischievous?

Kylie was so cute "shadding" Madonna btw. I can't hate on her. She was trapped with those questions. It was funny to see her squirm but we all know who she looks up to in every sense of the word.

Also Nem, glad you're getting some education. I enjoy reading your updates on Madge's tours. It's nice to know your history so you can tell when something is derivative and unoriginal ;)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I missed this.

Without saying too much I'll add: This is nothing new to Madonna. The reason people are in an uproar it's because it's Madonna. It always cracks me up the Pavlovian conditioning the media has towards her. They play into her hand every time. It's like clock work. How many times before have people told her that this or that is inappropriate? That what she does is not 'lady like'? To put is away? To act her age? Sexism now turned to ageism.

She doesn't conform and half the world hates on her, yet she doesn't care. It only emboldens her to do it more to shove people's quaint ideas of what a woman should do on their faces. But the world never gets it.

Did you even read my post? I know what she's trying to do hun. She got away with it 15 years ago. Now she gets her tit out and it doesn't cause a storm, it causes people to say 'put your tit away gran, your desperation for attention is so strong I can smell it across the Atlantic'. Even kissing Godney caused a storm in a teacup. Now it's relegated to shade from Joan Rivers on a programme for post-menopausal women. Madonna should get the hint and give up. She'll never again cause the controversy that Gaga managed by wearing a dress made out of meat.

Recap: There's no uproar. There's four people on the internet who took notice of Madonna's desperate attempts to be Madonna from 20 years ago when anybody gave a shit.

Nemesis_

Also Nem, glad you're getting some education. I enjoy reading your updates on Madge's tours. It's nice to know your history so you can tell when something is derivative and unoriginal ;)

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

8BeND.gif

wXdqR.gif

YHGha.gif

I know what you were implying but tbh HAIR is just TOO GOOD ;)

Did you even read my post? I know what she's trying to do hun. She got away with it 15 years ago. Now she gets her tit out and it doesn't cause a storm, it causes people to say 'put your tit away gran, your desperation for attention is so strong I can smell it across the Atlantic'. Even kissing Godney caused a storm in a teacup. Now it's relegated to shade from Joan Rivers on a programme for post-menopausal women. Madonna should get the hint and give up. She'll never again cause the controversy that Gaga managed by wearing a dress made out of meat.

Recap: There's no uproar. There's four people on the internet who took notice of Madonna's desperate attempts to be Madonna from 20 years ago when anybody gave a shit.

But wasn't there SIMILAR uproar when Erotica and SEX came out? I mean that shit was worse people thought her CAREER WAS OVER

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But wasn't there SIMILAR uproar when Erotica and SEX came out? I mean that shit was worse people thought her CAREER WAS OVER

There was uproar at all when she did it before. Where is the uproar from this? Where are the people claiming her career is over? There's four queens who think that she's so FIERCE AND DEFIANT for doing it and 7 billion other people who thinks it's all a bit STALE.

Bladenic

I missed this.

Kylie was so cute "shadding" Madonna btw. I can't hate on her. She was trapped with those questions. It was funny to see her squirm but we all know who she looks up to in every sense of the word.

Lol at this post. What she does is neither "fearless" nor "mischievous." It's disgusting. As in I wanna vomit thinking at that sight disgusting.

I'm sorry but there are things that simply should not be done past a certain age. Madonna is doing this not because she's trying to be "fearless" but because she's desperately trying to get attention in any possible way she can.

She was known as a sex symbol (why that is I'll never know, she's always been ugly) and seems to still be stuck in that era, thinking she still has the right to be extremely vulgar and sexual because people want that. THEY DON'T. I mean, I guess the gays don't care, but for everyone else who hears about it, well, they don't want to. It's useless though.

Regardless of what people say Madonna is not relevant in today's musical climate. Say what you will about her tours. Yes they gross a ton, but so what? Practically every big act from the 70s and 80s who go on tour gross a shit ton of money from those tours. In terms of new music, nobody cares about Madonna anymore.

All of these acts, like flashing her ugly saggy boobs and trash talking current successful and original artists are nothing more than desperate acts of attention. Anything to get mentioned in the tabloids, to get noticed, to see her name on a (small) headline. I'm not saying she should retire (she should but whatever), but she really needs to start singing songs more appropriate for her age. It's funny how after Erotica she went through a long period of increased maturity, and that was 15 years ago. It says a lot about what she thinks she has to sing to still remain popular and shows how completely desperate she really is about keeping up with the current generation.

This is hilarious. LET'S MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT SOMETHING THAT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

Yeah, that's it. IT WAS ALL OVER THE INTERNET. IT WAS ALL OVER THE TV. It sure made you comment your nuggets of wisdom so it proves that she made you her bitch.

Be disgusted. Be appealed. Be judgmental. She got a reaction out of you and the world. It was just as predictable as always. She won. You made her point for her.

Oh, but you don't care and the world doesn't care. Right? ;)

Thanks Chris for re-enforcing my position with your insightful comments ;)

botty

Banned
Lol at this post. What she does is neither "fearless" nor "mischievous." It's disgusting. As in I wanna vomit thinking at that sight disgusting.

I'm sorry but there are things that simply should not be done past a certain age. Madonna is doing this not because she's trying to be "fearless" but because she's desperately trying to get attention in any possible way she can.

She was known as a sex symbol (why that is I'll never know, she's always been ugly) and seems to still be stuck in that era, thinking she still has the right to be extremely vulgar and sexual because people want that. THEY DON'T. I mean, I guess the gays don't care, but for everyone else who hears about it, well, they don't want to. It's useless though.

Regardless of what people say Madonna is not relevant in today's musical climate. Say what you will about her tours. Yes they gross a ton, but so what? Practically every big act from the 70s and 80s who go on tour gross a shit ton of money from those tours. In terms of new music, nobody cares about Madonna anymore.

All of these acts, like flashing her ugly saggy boobs and trash talking current successful and original artists are nothing more than desperate acts of attention. Anything to get mentioned in the tabloids, to get noticed, to see her name on a (small) headline. I'm not saying she should retire (she should but whatever), but she really needs to start singing songs more appropriate for her age. It's funny how after Erotica she went through a long period of increased maturity, and that was 15 years ago. It says a lot about what she thinks she has to sing to still remain popular and shows how completely desperate she really is about keeping up with the current generation.

tumblr_m06fcimsP21r5gvg1o1_250.gif

Bladenic

I can't with Chris dragging Madge. POP-GAF has corrupted another pure soul.

cKgAV.gif

Not that I disagree with his post. <_<

Oh, I figured. I just agreed with Godelsmetric's point.

Triggy I've always been a Madonna hater but I've kept it (mildly) hidden. I hope this doesn't affect us :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is hilarious. LET'S MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT SOMETHING THAT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

Yeah, that's it. IT WAS ALL OVER THE INTERNET. IT WAS ALL OVER THE TV. It sure made you comment your nuggets of wisdom so it proves that she made you her bitch.

Be disgusted. Be appealed. Be judgmental. She got a reaction out of you and the world. It was just as predictable as always. She won. You made her point for her.

Oh, but you don't care and the world doesn't care. Right? ;)

Yeah, right. My four posts on the internet saying that Madge needs to move on because she's not remotely as outrageous as she thinks she is clearly constitutes my being disgusting and appalled and outraged and not just fatigued with how predictable Madonna's attention grabbing has become.

I didn't know Hag stans had descended to the level of Xtincta stans who claim that the pages we spend trashing her are mere evidence of how relevant she is.

You Hag stans need to deal with your fave's death from a FATAL CAREER CRASH in 2007 and move on. Gaga doesn't need to flash a tit for relevance because the world knows she's on top of her game and will only get bigger from here on out. I found out about Madonna getting her wrinkly areola out in the same post that I read about Gaga getting hit on the head. That's how relevant Madonna is. Flashing her titties is as important to gossip blogs as is Gaga getting bonked on the noggin by an overexcited stagehand.

The queen is dead. Long live the queen.

Kyon

Banned
You had some nice singles I give you that. During your break I hope you NEVER RECOVER and NEVER COME BACK. You won't be WELCOME.

i6u7qNeJuc9FI.gif

Kyon

Banned
Translation: "I'm cut off from the man who made my career, so why even continue trying it? Bye y'all."

GOD BLESS SONY

Hilarious. This break was supposed to happen earlier but it HAPPENED so I'm good. When she comes back she will be but a memory. The world will move on to the next big thing. Artists like her need to be in the spotlight 24/7 and release 3 albums and 12 singles a year to stay relevant. She's FINISHED. Good RIDDANCE

royalan

Hilarious. This break was supposed to happen earlier but it HAPPENED so I'm good. When she comes back she will be but a memory. The world will move on to the next big thing. Artists like her need to be in the spotlight 24/7 and release 3 albums and 12 singles a year to stay relevant. She's FINISHED. Good RIDDANCE

Dat stealth shade! Teehee

Mau ®

Make no mistake baboons!! Deity Perry will come back and SLAY the world with her very own Rated R/Jagged Little Pill. She's coming for Russell's greasy, disgusting wig and there wont be a bitch in the game (except RihALLAH who she will duet with) that will stop her.

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Pop Star Scorned!!!!

katy-perry2.gif

Bladenic

Hope Katy comes back with more California Gurls and less Part of Me. Otherwise she can rot for all I care. And if she does try to pull an album dedicated exclusively to proclaiming to how strong she is and better off with Russel Brand's hideous mug then I'm done with her.

Mau ®

Actually since Firework was the biggest hit from the era and it wasnt produced by Dr. Fluke (it was done by Stargate) the assumption that she's done without him is ERRONEOUS.

I personally hope she takes up M83's offer to write and produce her next album.

Koodo

Banned
Honestly, the Teenage Dream era being dragged on for two years is downright embarrassing.

Who asked for this? Although Perra will end up with EIGHT HUGE HITS, the shit only sold about 4-5 million worldwide. Last time an album had five #1s, it went on to sell nearly 40 MILLION.

Two years of non-stop promotion and radio airplay for the album, and that's all it could move. Beyond TRAGIC.

Seems like she would have been better off dropping the era after the first year and releasing new singles through experimental EPs, as clearly people only consume her in 3-minute intervals. Doing this strategy might have also allowed her to discover a new cow to milk for the next studio album.

Actually since Firework was the biggest hit from the era and it wasnt produced by Dr. Fluke (it was done by Stargate) the assumption that she's done without him is ERRONEOUS.
That's ONE out of EIGHT. If we include her two hits from One Of The Boys (also produced by Dr Luke), that makes it ONE out of TEN.

Her separation from Dr Luke truly paints a GRIM FUTURE.

godelsmetric has a rather PIERS MORGAN-ESQUE obsession with Madonna.

Cute. Yet tired.

Meanwhile, Koodo sis, Everything Is Beautiful has taken a BACK SEAT to APHRODITE :eek:

royalan

Honestly, the Teenage Dream era being dragged on for two years is downright embarrassing.

Who asked for this? Although Perra will end up with EIGHT HUGE HITS, the shit only sold about 4-5 million worldwide. Last time an album had five #1s, it went on to sell nearly 40 MILLION.

Two years of non-stop promotion and radio airplay for the album, and that's all it could move. Beyond TRAGIC.

Seems like she would have been better off dropping the era after the first year and releasing new singles through experimental EPs, as clearly people only consume her in 3-minute intervals. Doing this strategy might have also allowed her to discover a new cow to milk for the next studio album.

That's ONE out of EIGHT. If we include her two hits from One Of The Boys (also produced by Dr Luke), that makes it ONE out of TEN.

This #TRUETEA is hot. Sip slowly.

Mau ®

Your #HATER sunglasses disable you from seeing the bigger picture. Her biggest hit of all time was not done by Dr. Luke, meaning she can get hits with other producers.

Furthermore,

Was Britney OVER when she stopped working with Max Martin and went on to work with The Neptunes and Bloodshy&Avant?

Was GaGa done when she worked with other people other than RedOne?

Think about it sis. You'll start feeling WIDE AWAKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom