• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Was Britney OVER when she stopped working with Max Martin and went on to work with The Neptunes and Bloodshy&Avant?

Was GaGa done when she worked with other people other than RedOne?

Think about it sis. You'll start feeling WIDE AWAKE.
Comparing Perra to Britney and Gaga?

ibuXazwyxaJCf7.gif

Majmun

I'm OK with Perry abandoning album releases. She should only release singles. Same with Rihanna.

Those two usually have great singles. But the rest of the album is full of mediocre filler.

Just saying.

JUEVH.gif

Kyon

Banned
Botty sis I LOVE you i REALLY do but your shade NEVER makes sense to me ;___;

Atleast say something with the gifs that way we have an idea lol

Lol at this post. What she does is neither "fearless" nor "mischievous." It's disgusting. As in I wanna vomit thinking at that sight disgusting.

So because YOU think it's gross, everyone should?

I'm sorry but there are things that simply should not be done past a certain age. Madonna is doing this not because she's trying to be "fearless" but because she's desperately trying to get attention in any possible way she can.

What kind of AGEISM?

She was known as a sex symbol (why that is I'll never know, she's always been ugly) and seems to still be stuck in that era, thinking she still has the right to be extremely vulgar and sexual because people want that. THEY DON'T. I mean, I guess the gays don't care, but for everyone else who hears about it, well, they don't want to. It's useless though.

Have you seen the video? That tit was out for all of one second. And what was that I heard, deafening cheers.

Regardless of what people say Madonna is not relevant in today's musical climate. Say what you will about her tours. Yes they gross a ton, but so what? Practically every big act from the 70s and 80s who go on tour gross a shit ton of money from those tours. In terms of new music, nobody cares about Madonna anymore.

Nobody? How is it that tour grosses are irrelevant but album sales are? Shouldn't the fact that people pay to come see you matter more than who's paying for your cd in this era of internet piracy?

RIAA said:
Since peer-to-peer (p2p) file-sharing site Napster emerged in 1999, music sales in the U.S. have dropped 53 percent, from $14.6 billion to $7.0 billion in 2011.

iTunes top 10 albums for the US said:
Believe (Deluxe Edition) -Justin Bieber
Welcome to the Fishbowl - Kenny Chesney
Rock of Ages (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) -Various Artists
Oceania - Smashing Pumpkins
The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (Deluxe Version) - Fiona Apple
Some Nights - Fun.
Brave - Various Artists
21 - ADELE
Up All Night (Deluxe Version) - One Direction
Looking 4 Myself (Deluxe Version) - Usher

According to this chart, in today's musical climate, Justin Beiber is the most relevant. Why aren't you bitches stanning for the Beibs?

Wikipedia - List of highest-grossing concert tours said:
1 $736,421,586 U2 360º Tour 2009–11
2 $558,255,524 The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang Tour 2005–07
3 $441,121,000 AC/DC Black Ice World Tour 2008–10
4 $407,713,266 Madonna Sticky & Sweet Tour 2008–09
5 $389,047,636 U2 Vertigo Tour 2005–06
6 $358,825,665 The Police The Police Reunion Tour 2007–08
7 $336,017,048 The Rolling Stones Bridges To Babylon Tour / No Security Tour 1997–99
8 $316,365,576 The Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour 1994–95
9 $299,520,230 The Rolling Stones Licks Tour 2002–03
10 $279,200,000 Celine Dion Taking Chances Tour 2008–09

15 $227,400,000 Lady Gaga Monster Ball Tour 2009-2011

21 $194,754,447 Madonna Confessions Tour 2006

All of these acts, like flashing her ugly saggy boobs and trash talking current successful and original artists are nothing more than desperate acts of attention. Anything to get mentioned in the tabloids, to get noticed, to see her name on a (small) headline. I'm not saying she should retire (she should but whatever), but she really needs to start singing songs more appropriate for her age. It's funny how after Erotica she went through a long period of increased maturity, and that was 15 years ago. It says a lot about what she thinks she has to sing to still remain popular and shows how completely desperate she really is about keeping up with the current generation.

The bolded is BS. Madonna isn't doing anything different than she's been doing. Anything having to do with her age is your problem, not hers. One only hopes they're half as flexible at 53 as she is.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Say what you will about Madonna, but how can you not love someone who opens a show at a football game with a song inspired by a dance trend started in gay clubs.

Mimed to hell, but that performance is one of my favourites of hers and reminded me why I liked her stuff in the first place. Top of her game, after how many years? Shit was electric.

royalan

Say what you will about Madonna, but how can you not love someone who opens a show at a football game with a song inspired by a dance trend started in gay clubs.

Mimed to hell, but that performance is one of my favourites of hers and reminded me why I liked her stuff in the first place. Top of her game, after how many years? Shit was electric.

Madonnastumbling.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You must be mistaken. I have it on good authority that Madonna has never been inspired by anything in her life. Everything she does is original.

We're 5K posts away from being CLOSED gurls!!

Fast, time is ticking oh so fast
The sound is running quick right through our hands
Beat, feel the rhythm in my heartbeat
Why don't you move your body to my body
Before we disappear

Vhywg.gif

We're on a timebomb, you might not last long
So let's just do it right now, do it come on
We're on a timebomb, before the night's gone
Let's just do it right now, do it come on

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Fast, time is ticking oh so fast
The sound is running quick right through our hands
Beat, feel the rhythm in my heartbeat
Why don't you move your body to my body
Before we disappear

Vhywg.gif

We're on a timebomb, you might not last long
So let's just do it right now, do it come on
We're on a timebomb, before the night's gone
Let's just do it right now, do it come on
Flaw free lyric selection.

ecurbj

Bieber new album "Believe" is okay in my book. Especially the collaborations he managed to get on the album. Pop/R&Bish. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I am a Belieber now lol

Mau ®

Yeah Believe is OK imo. It's really solid in the beginning, though it does bug down into too many boring midtempos.

Oh and..

image.php

*.*

Mau ®

Ha ! I fucks with Drake too. What's the problem? In fact Drake did a track on Beiber's "Believe" album.

No problem at all here tbh.

I stan for Drake. "Take Care" was my favorite album last year actually, along with Femme Fatale. *.*

Im here for a Rihanna & Drake collabo album *.*

ecurbj

Omg. You guys are toooooooooooooo funny. I might have to change my avatar. What's *.* this mean? Please fill me in. I'm new to all these emoticon signs...

Kyon

Banned
Lmao :D its an expression of "interest" "curiosity" no concrete definition was given idt. And DON'T CHANGE UR AVI *.* you can have a seat BETWEEN inthezone and I tbh

Kyon

Banned
Kyon, you're a Buffy fan? *.*

Wheeeerrrreeee haveeee you beeeennnn
allll myyyyy lifeeeeee *.*

own every season, comic, almost all the novels, and the extra books/encyclopedias some merch as well. Same applies to all the Angel section. *.* #1 stan tbh

EDIT: Oh and all the videogames even the shitty Gameboy one RIP. The one on the 1st xbox is still the superior one. Chaos bleeds was horrible and probably wasn't made by the same devs

Bladenic

I like Drake a lot (though I'm becoming increasingly embarrassed to admit it lol) but Take Care was kinda meh as an entire album for me. The songs that I really liked I REALLY LIKED and slayed me hard, but there were too many that I skip. Oh well. Best I Never Had will always be >>>> your faves tbh

And I'm totally here for Buffy stanning. Sarah Michelle Gellar was like my biggest crush. Season 1-3, 5 >>>>>>>>>>>> your faves. Which reminds me I'm still only in season 2 of Angel. Need to get back on that.

Mau ®

I'm watching the full Hackney show tbh.

RihALLAH slaying. Her Love The Way You Lie performance *.*

I need to see her on her next tour *.*

Kyon

Banned
I like Drake a lot (though I'm becoming increasingly embarrassed to admit it lol) but Take Care was kinda meh as an entire album for me. The songs that I really liked I REALLY LIKED and slayed me hard, but there were too many that I skip. Oh well. Best I Never Had will always be >>>> your faves tbh

And I'm totally here for Buffy stanning. Sarah Michelle Gellar was like my biggest crush. Season 1-3, 5 >>>>>>>>>>>> your faves. Which reminds me I'm still only in season 2 of Angel. Need to get back on that.

ily bb <3 *.*

SaintZ

In a gesture of KINDNESS and infinite LOVE, DALAI LANA uploaded to her SoundCloud account the remixes of National Anthem that are included in the new EP. Praise her.

I only like the After Life Remix but still, I prefer the original version (or one of the demos for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom