• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Not really. Put on a good show and anyone can be on top. Ask most of your favs :)

(Breaking kayfabe (I know, horrors) for a moment, I actually think most of my faves aren't really known for putting on particularly good shows (in the way that, say, Madonna is known for putting on a good show) so much as having particularly good vocals.)

Miike Snow (aka Bloodshy & Avant: The Band) have some songs from their new album on Soundcloud.

"Black Tin Box" features Lykke Li, if that entices any of you to actually take a listen.
Djyg0.gif

Koodo

Banned
I was in class watching the war unfold live, and I had to log out of Gaf to keep my composure.

Page 30-31 will never be forgotten.

Actually, I think PopGAF should be blessed with the entire JAN TERRI video collection

Losing You
Get Down Goblin
Journey To Mars
My Little Brother
Rock and Roll Santa
Baby Blues

h_shot.jpg

Jan+Terri+jant.jpg

Jan's DEBUT OPUS "Baby Blues"

417360.jpg

1 Leanne
2 Keep on Knocking
3 Missing You (More & More)
4 I'd Like to Make It With You Babe
5 Time
6 Being Back With You
7 Fax My Love
8 Never Get You off My Mind
9 If You Want a Divorce
10 Baby Blues
11 Losing You
12 Friends

Some are missing :(

I think she has another album too. AMAZING.

JAN STAN.

jan.jpg

Is the hype dead for Madonna's album? seems like her single died with that Superbowl performance, even though it was the highest rated Super Bowl of all time

Is the hype dead for Madonna's album? seems like her single died with that Superbowl performance, even though it was the highest rated Super Bowl of all time

GAYL was prevented from charting initially because it was a free track with the album pre-orders. It's all about GGW now.

Salazar

By the way, I don't know if you don't like her or don't think of her as an idol, or just aren't a fan, but I saw some clips of this girl who impressed me:

Yeah, Ailee has fans in Kpopgaf.

She's not really a part of the variety tv side of things - which, although the idol definition is pretty vague, is kind of mandatory.

Mumei

Thanks for the explanation, Salazar.

Now then:

I think this is Christina's best live performance as of yet.

It's one take and on par, if not better, to the studio version.

And Mumei, before you tell me how "weak" and "breathy" it is, your fav hasnt since like 2005ish.
ya, I've just recently realised you're a Mimi stan.

I would never accuse Christina of being weak and breathy. It would be inappropriate and wrong of me to say that - unless, of course, we were talking about a situation which I will describe presently and mark with an asterisk.

She does, however, either have no sense of pitch or just doesn't care when singing live, has always struggled belting live without raising her larynx and can no longer even hit a Bb4 without noticeable strain, uses her throat to force power rather than having it come naturally, doesn't resonate well even somewhat high, cracks far more often than she should on high belts, performs masturbatory show-off runs without any consideration for musicality or the key or staying on pitch, cannot hit her high falsetto notes without scaling up to them in a predictable manner, and *has weak and breathy lows below the upper third octave.*

For the record, even with her low points these last seven years, Mariah still owns Christina live. And let us remember: While Mariah is no longer at her peak, she's just lost it. Christina never had it, and no amount of bad Mariah vocals from the 2000s will change the fact that she was the best.

Also, I thought it was standard shading form to use unflattering pictures of the person you are shading. For instance, if I were to use this picture of Christina:

caxWD.jpg

It would be appropriate for this post. But that was a good picture of Mariah that you used. So I don't get it.

ibzXcA6VxQmY9p.gif

In fairness, I really liked the beginning of that performance (and I was glad she managed to resist her natural impulse towards diarrhea of the mouth). It was very pretty at the beginning, especially those pretty little runs, though once she started belting the strain came out. But then I've never denied that she has a naturally pretty voice or that she could be great. Just that she isn't.

Koodo

Banned
P.S. here's the performance that audio was calculatedly separated from. She does indeed deliver an emotive first minute, but once she disengages from the mic stand, it looks (and sounds) like she has a baguette-sized stool lodged in her rectum.

Awful.

Since I try to be diplomatic, and I am not afflicted with hearing loss, I will link to the one passable performance of that song. Try not to get distracted by the anal beads passing as a mic stand.

IkaMn.gif

I'm sorry, it's still not that good. Let me link to the showstopper of American Idol Season 9 as an apology. That piano breakdown? Single handedly pulled Iceland out of recession.

Mumei

By the way, Koodo, do you think it's just me, or do you see a similarity in appearance between Joan Sutherland and Adele:

K6XbM.jpg

I got that DVD from the library today, and was rather reminded of her.

Geez what is happening now?

tumblr_lji35sjn3M1qbgj2f.gif

Just shading Christina. You and your Tribal are welcome to join us!

Delio

Oh really? Well then---

tumblr_ljcshaXrr01qhnt97.gif

Hey Moma Xtina? Did you know the band I'm in named The Wanted are headed for the top in the states? What are you doing now?

SIxz3.gif

I'm trying to host this boring ass show and keep belting out notes to save my pressed ass.

tumblr_lpz5vbJpVJ1qlxul0.gif

Well then bye bye. I got albums to sell.

Cynosure

I kind of figured you'd be mad.

She does, however, either have no sense of pitch or just doesn't care when singing live, has always struggled belting live without raising her larynx and can no longer even hit a Bb4 without noticeable strain, uses her throat to force power rather than having it come naturally, doesn't resonate well even somewhat high, cracks far more often than she should on high belts, performs masturbatory show-off runs without any consideration for musicality or the key or staying on pitch, cannot hit her high falsetto notes without scaling up to them in a predictable manner, *has weak and breathy lows below the upper third octave*, and is, to put this in stan terms, Mariah's basic bitch.

but not this mad. Damn boo.
Quite the quintessential pressed lamb.

For the record, even with her low points these last seven years, Mariah still owns Christina live.

stan bias delusion. Besides, even if that video had a point, I can never trust a note that comes out of that fraud's mouth

And my choice of that cute gif of Mimi was to show that I wasn't really trying to come after you, a message that went over your head.

c9BFN.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anyone else hear about Monica and Brandy's new video premiering on VH1 tonight? I think it may already have played, so hopefully we'll get it on YT soon!

The song is terrible. I can't believe Brandy actually utters the line "your Facebook, it all belongs to me."

"The Boy Is Mine" will remain an untouchable classic for all times, though.

SpiffyG

The song is terrible. I can't believe Brandy actually utters the line "your Facebook, it all belongs to me."

"The Boy Is Mine" will remain an untouchable classic for all times, though.
Yeah, the song isn't very good. I'm just interested to see what the video looks like. Neither have done anything worthwhile in a long time. :(

Kyon

Banned
As much of a flop as she has been. Like I said in the 1st few pages of this thread: Brandy is my 2nd fave after Britney, The Boy is Mine was my 1st cd ever. Baby one more time being the 2nd. I will always Stan for Bran like I do Brit. Human was flawless besides the flopping lol. I can't wait for the new album this year. Darkchild can sit.

SpiffyG

As much of a flop as she has been. Like I said in the 1st few pages of this thread: Brandy is my 2nd fave after Britney, The Boy is Mine was my 1st cd ever. Baby one more time being the 2nd. I will always Stan for Bran like I do Brit. Human was flawless besides the flopping lol. I can't wait for the new album this year. Darkchild can sit.
Full Moon was flawless. But I've always been more of a Monica stan. That woman is an enchantress!

Delio

aww :3

and your cute attempt at that Xtina shade shows just adorable you are.

I am no longer creeped out by your obsession to those kids. You are about their age, right? 12? 13? 14?

Aw how cute. Bringing the ages up when Xtina needs to sap from dat young talent to even keep that face going. I pray my boys never touch her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom