• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Just had 'Nocturn' come up on shuffle on my phone while I was out. GODLY.

So beautiful. "Top of the City" or "Dream of Sheep" are favorites to have randomly pop up while I'm out walking in the evening... Just to echo the earlier sentiment, Aerial is definitely something of an undervalued masterpiece. Not many artists manage to successfully come back after more than a decade, let alone with a highly complex, challenging double album. I can also agree that the second disc is the stronger of the two, but it all works so wonderfully together.

I've got all of her main albums on vinyl except for this one (it's out of print and wildly expensive), and would love to get a hold of the Canadian printing of Hounds that was on marbled pink vinyl. Also:

bQkq0.jpg

2NU9w.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So beautiful. "Top of the City" or "Dream of Sheep" are favorites to have randomly pop up while I'm out walking in the evening... Just to echo the earlier sentiment, Aerial is definitely something of an undervalued masterpiece. Not many artists manage to successfully come back after more than a decade, let alone with a highly complex, challenging double album. I can also agree that the second disc is the stronger of the two, but it all works so wonderfully together.

I've got all of her main albums on vinyl except for this one (it's out of print and wildly expensive), and would love to get a hold of the Canadian printing of Hounds that was on marbled pink vinyl. Also:
2NU9w.gif
She's one of those artists who I can go a while without listening to, then one of her songs will come on and I'll realise just how damn good she is - I love her take on the world, kinda similar to Bjork's earlier stuff, how she notices the tiny day to day details. Her stuff is mixed for me in that I don't universally love it, but the good stuff is amazing. DAT PRODUCTION. Listening to Sensual World now (the track) it has such an incredible sound to it.

And yeah, Hounds is pretty much flawless - Watching You Without Me. So good.
LOL. That's actually quite hilarious.

I still like Hair if and when I choose suspend my system of beliefs temporarily.

I really dislike Hair, but live it was something else. Then again, I was slightly drunk and doped up on cold & flu.

Nemesis_

I just realised I didn't even get to experience Hair live. She replaced it with Princess Die.

I can't believe I actually FORGOT that she didn't play it, I guess that shows how much I really don't care for it.

Ollie Pooch

I just realised I didn't even get to experience Hair live. She replaced it with Princess Die.

I can't believe I actually FORGOT that she didn't play it, I guess that shows how much I really don't care for it.
That bitch.

She's in Perth now, poor girl. When are you headed over?

Nemesis_

That bitch.

She's in Perth now, poor girl. When are you headed over?

I live here hun.

I went to the hotel to meet her but she was quite a BITCH in that she only spoke to the people at the FRONT of the big line of people.

More people went t see her in Perth than any other state apparently.

Currently preparing my IDEAS to get NOTICED and BACKSTAGE ^_^

Ollie Pooch

I live here hun.

I went to the hotel to meet her but she was quite a BITCH in that she only spoke to the people at the FRONT of the big line of people.

More people went t see her in Perth than any other state apparently.

Currently preparing my IDEAS to get NOTICED and BACKSTAGE ^_^
Ahh. I thought you were in Melbourne and flying to Perth.

Pull out some choreography every time she looks at you, that'll score you a backstage pass. And cry a lot.

Nemesis_

Ahh. I thought you were in Melbourne and flying to Perth.

Pull out some choreography every time she looks at you, that'll score you a backstage pass. And cry a lot.

I feel like I should dress up or kiss my chances goodbye but I just don't have the WILL to do that.

>_>

royalan

Godel,

Since you love Scissor Sisters so much, I'm curious: Do you also love Hercules and Love Affair?

Very similar group, and I've been listening to their albums all night and getting slayed by the new-age Disco teas.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Godel,

Since you love Scissor Sisters so much, I'm curious: Do you also love Hercules and Love Affair?

Very similar group, and I've been listening to their albums all night and getting slayed by the new-age Disco teas.

OF COURSE I LOVE HERCULES AND LOVE AFFAIR WHAT KIND OF STUPID QUESTION

tumblr_leq821z8wy1qbzubjxb.gif

Blind and Raise Me Up *O*

Lear

http://i.imgur.com/bQkq0.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2NU9w.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Me too (well, I haven't bought 50 Words for Snow yet, and I have the Canadian version of The Kick Inside, which has different - and inferior - cover art). Kate Bush stan twins! I wish Aerial on vinyl wasn't so hideously expensive. I occasionally look on eBay in the hope that I'll get lucky and not have to pay > £100. I need to find a sugar daddy/a job.

The first disc of Aerial isn't quite as good as the second, but it's saved by the presence of A Coral Room, one of the most beautiful things Kate has ever recorded.

I notice [URL="http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/06/tori-amos-announces-new-album-gold-dust.html"] Tori is coming for Kate's re-imagining of old songs wig [/URL]. Always following the Queen.

Mau ®

Every now and again, a cause comes by that we as pop fans simply need to stand up to and involve ourselves within. A real opportunity to change the world for the better, to allow future generations a life far better than our own.

Well, we can't do that today, but we can send notorious irritant Pitbull to an obscure island in Alaska. Thanks to this competition:

ExilePitbullWalmartEnergySheets.jpg

The internet trolling community has taken note of this competition, and are looking to forcibly send Pitbull to the depths of an empty, icy, cold, bear-infested nowhere.

So, here's Kodiak Island:

300px-Kodiakislandmap.png

ExilePitbull-420x0.jpg

And, according to one local resident:

"It’s not a regular sized Walmart, it’s about half the size and sells all sorts of strange stuff. Bear repellant, snow shoes, hunting gear.”

The island itself is around 250 miles from the nearest city, it's reachable only via ferry, and it's home to the US's largest brown bear population. (the animals, not the homosexual men)

At the time of speaking, Walmart Kodiak has over 57,000 likes, way more than any other Walmart. Do your bit to send Pitbull to Alaska by liking the page: https://www.facebook.com/Walmart2711

WOOT for a cause gurls!!
+excited+.gif

Mau ®

BTW

Katy Perry will sell 55k Teenage Dream albums today. The movie effect, coupled with the aggressive discounts, have worked. The movie grossed 3M on first day, which is on par with the expecations the studio had. It will recoup costs over the weekend it is believed.

Not to mention Wide Awake has been #1 on and off this whole day with Call Me Maybe. Dat Katy Reign
+excited+.gif

Mau ®

Nem and I are now POP-GAF BFF's tbh.

We had a heart to heart last nite. We talked about our dicks, our loathing for alcohol, our gym routines, meh sex, my pecs and how we're rather alike tbh
yahooFlutter.gif

When will you tbh?

#Navy

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I always miss the fun late night drama in the plug.dj room. You should all move away from your lousy third world countries tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
BTW

Katy Perry will sell 55k Teenage Dream albums today. The movie effect, coupled with the aggressive discounts, have worked. The movie grossed 3M on first day, which is on par with the expecations the studio had. It will recoup costs over the weekend it is believed.

Not to mention Wide Awake has been #1 on and off this whole day with Call Me Maybe. Dat Katy Reign
+excited+.gif

Not here for you being WIDE AWAKE, tbh

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I been listening to Peacock since I got the Katy Perry album, this is such a fun slutty song

my weekend anthem tbh

Oh my God no exaggeration
Boy all this time was worth the waiting
I just shed a tear
I am so unprepared
You got the finest architecture
End of the rainbow looking treasure
Such a sight to see
And it's all for me

Are you brave enough to let me see you peacock?
Don't be a chicken boy, stop acting like a biatch

I wanna see you peacock, You peacock

carmen_electra_meet_the_sparta.gif

Christopher

I wish I could give out summonses for those listening to Katy Perry lol that should be a crime. Although circle the drain wasn't that bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom