• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that Joseph Gordon-Levitt...

It is! He did some movie where he played a gay man having copious amounts of gay sex. I can't recall the name, but it needs to be watched methinks. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NGUJq-gOi...in_02_JosephGordonLevitt_BrunoAlexander06.jpg

Christopher said:
I wish I could give out summonses for those listening to Katy Perry lol that should be a crime. Although circle the drain wasn't that bad...

lol, Katy Perry is HARDLY the most offensive lady to stan for in this thread. Consider the fact that some people legitimately enjoy Ke$ha.

tumblr_lr4q9wGbi01qbs0cn.gif

botty

Banned
I wish I could give out summonses for those listening to Katy Perry lol that should be a crime. Although circle the drain wasn't that bad...

Why don't you like Katy Perry? Also, I was wondering... who is your have?

It is! He did some movie where he played a gay man having copious amounts of gay sex. I can't recall the name, but it needs to be watched methinks. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NGUJq-gOi...in_02_JosephGordonLevitt_BrunoAlexander06.jpg

So he was playing himself?
ymtdmr8m85.gif

Peru

Say what you will about Kesha.. she's clearly more interesting than Katy Perry, just by not being unequivocally dull and grey and vanilla. Written some decent tunes as well. She annoys me most of the time, but she knows what she's doing.

Say what you will about Kesha.. she's clearly more interesting than Katy Perry, just by not being unequivocally dull and grey and vanilla. Written some decent tunes as well. She annoys me most of the time, but she knows what she's doing.
Yup. I find that Slant magazine nailed the difference between Katy and Ke$ha on the head.

When I read the jokey title of "Grow a Pear," one of the songs on Ke$ha's new EP, Cannibal, I laughed out loud—and then instantly felt like a hypocrite. After all, I'd admonished Katy Perry for similar swipes at would-be suitors' masculinity. Then, after hearing the song's utterly ridiculous lyrics, I realized the difference: Perry sheepishly, some might say cynically, skirts outright offensiveness by thinly veiling her homophobia and misogyny in more palatable, PG-rated portions, serving them with a vapid pout and her tits pushed up to her chin. Perry is a good Christian girl trying to make a buck (or a whore pretending to be a good Christian girl—but whatever); Ke$ha, on the other hand, is authentic, unapologetic trash (sometimes literally: She wore a trashbag to the VMAs). Also, she uses the word "mangina."
Of course, Ke$ha Ro$e $ebert isn't any more talented than Katy Hudson Brand, and her songs aren't any catchier.
So if Katy Perry is the cocktease who leaves you with a peck on the cheek at the end of the night, Ke$ha at least gives you a happy ending.

I don't like Ke$ha's music any more than Perry's, but she's much more likeable as a person.

So he was playing himself?
ymtdmr8m85.gif

tumblr_m44dnk74tr1ruvs09o2_250.gif

Wouldn't that just be the biggest get for the gay community since Astronaut Lance Bass?

Peru said:

I agree that she neither takes herself seriously or is unaware of what she's doing, but then again I'm sure Katy Perry knows where she stands in the pop scene as well. I don't think she takes herself seriously either, and Katy writes her own stuff as well. As it stands Katy's writing seems to be a bit less amateurish than Ke$ha's penning and her go-to "jack in the jukebox" rhymes.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Peter Gabriel has been a big proponent of these recent orchestrated reworkings, too, with a pair of albums and all his concerts over the last couple of years being done this way.

Looking forward to Tori's versions (big fan, duh) but I'm scurred she's going to neglect Little Earthquakes and only put, like, "Crucify" on there. I need "Mother" and "Winter"!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I stan Ke$ha and Mother Perrysa, but who is going to check me tho?

1065.gif

both of them have release better Pop singles than your ugly faves

Icicle

Thanks for the BACK-UP, sis.

I kicked Nemesis when he was skipping other people's songs and being a general jerk. He clearly went running to Phono and told him to ban me, because he returned from an extended AFK break and demodded and kicked me without any warning whatsoever.

I merely was giving Phono his COMEUPPANCE last night.

I'm so thankful that "you" have "allowed" me back in, though. Whose ring should I kiss?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I kicked Nemesis when he was skipping other people's songs and being a general jerk. He clearly went running to Phono and told him to ban me, because he returned from an extended AFK break and demodded and kicked me without any warning whatsoever.

I'm so thankful that "you" have "allowed" me back in, though. Whose ring should I kiss?

All of them, tbh.

Group decision.

zndns5qkb8.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

you do not have to exlain yourself sis, I was there. I SAW the injustice
52b0f867.gif

Come in sistren, dont be such a holy fool
52b0f867.gif

Lear

Peter Gabriel has been a big proponent of these recent orchestrated reworkings, too, with a pair of albums and all his concerts over the last couple of years being done this way.

Looking forward to Tori's versions (big fan, duh) but I'm scurred she's going to neglect Little Earthquakes and only put, like, "Crucify" on there. I need "Mother" and "Winter"!

I do like Tori, I just felt the need to throw some shade. It seems like a condition of entry to the thread after all. As far as I know Winter is definitely in, as well as Precious Things and Silent all These Years, so she's not neglecting Little Earthquakes. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Night of Hunters is the best thing she's done for a while, so I'm hopeful Gold Dust will be suitably awesome.

Nemesis_

I actually LEFT THE HOUSE once you kicked me as I had THINGS TO DO.

I haven't spoken to anyone on POP-GAF privately (besides ITZ) for about three days now.

Meanwhile Marius is being a VILE JUDAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom