• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

No one can come for Rated R. Such a flawless album. No hate here

FMM5t.jpg

royalan

No one can come for Rated R. Such a flawless album. No hate here

FMM5t.jpg

Eh, I thought Rated R was a boring-ass album.

However, it was dark, reflective, and as personal as she'll probably ever get musically. So that made up for it...a little.

Still, I don't understand the rabid love for it.

botty

Banned
Hun, Xtina had the kind of promo anybody would dream of with Bionic. I mean, an OPRAH segment dedicated ONLY to her? MTV Movie Awards? Today's show complete segement? American Idol FINALE? VH1 Storytellers?

Sorry bew. Rihanna's LOUD promotion was far less impressive leading up to its launch. Yet iot outsold Bionic 12x.

Also, Xtina came out during a time when album sales were at their PEAK. Since then album sales have been down almost 70%.

Bionic doesn't appeal to anyone, we know this already.

However, ever since Good Girl Gone Bad, Rihanna has head steady promotion in multiple media outlets that are directed at the correct audience. A majority of the Oprah viewers are not going to buy Bionic after hearing the lead single. People care about the MTV movie awards? etc, etc.

I would also like to add, that if Xtina made albums every 6 months instead of every 4-5 years she would definitely be a bigger threat to all these lessor hoes that are running around.

Ch...

;(

s28iz9.gif

Mau ®

On another matter that should please Crumpet

"I'm going into hiding. I want to go and write songs in the woods or something. I'm gonna unplug, take my hair extensions out, feel my head again. I'm gonna unplug and recharge, if that makes any sense. I'm gonna go away. I'm sure you know it's time for me to go the fuck away." - Katy Perry to MTV News

Her album is #2 on itunes for what has been days now. The movie is definitely helping. The people going to see her come out of it WIDE AWAKE.
katy9.gif

My time is coming soon as well
katy11.gif

botty

Banned
On another matter that should please Crumpet

Her album is #2 on itunes for what has been days now. The movie is definitely helping. The people going to see her come out of it WIDE AWAKE.

My time is coming soon as well
tumblr_lwfheuee601qzbagvo1_.gif

Itunes is #WideAwake.

tumblr_m6r14nlJFs1rv7ztzo1_500.gif

"Not losing any sleep
I picked up every piece
And landed on my feet
I'm Wide Awake"

Kyon

Banned
Oh Bruises clocking (lol) again. I see the King just stays BlessedT tho the ABYSMAL number that it is set to debut with isn't much to BRAG about but STILL a 2nd #1 album in a row. RIHANNA still can't, now THAT'S the true shade.

tumblr_m6tkg7bdIU1raqay5o1_250.gif

Majmun

I actually liked F.A.M.E.
It's the only decent Bruises album. The new record is getting trashed by the critics btw

Kyon

Banned
I actually liked F.A.M.E.
It's the only decent Bruises album. The new record is getting trashed by the critics btw

That won't stop him clocking that #1 regardless. They tried tho. Still Hung up on the incident of course. If he was white no one would curr. Well America only still cares. The rest of the world stan CB. Wake Me Up is heading for that number #1 single like his last. #DroppedT

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh Bruises clocking (lol) again. I see the King just stays BlessedT tho the ABYSMAL number that it is set to debut with isn't much to BRAG about but STILL a 2nd #1 album in a row. RIHANNA still can't, now THAT'S the true shade.

TTT will have had higher debut sales though. I mean, I understand that #1s are important, but it opened at #1 with a lower number.
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
That wasn't the point As I EMPHASISED the low sales in the same reply you quoted.

#ReadingComprehension

Not the bruises stanning
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Why does it matter whether he's #1 or not with lackluster sales? What is the point? Where is the celebration? Yes, 2 in a row, two albums with a huge amount of diminishing sales inbetween. Considering he sells his albums mainly over here, 'FORTUNE' isn't gonna be doing quite unfortunately, ironically.

Kyon

Banned
DmeisterJ's obsession with Chris is more interesting than his Rih stanning tbh I don't even post as much about Bruises as him. Here for dat

#TruthTeaBags

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
DmeisterJ's obsession with Chris is more interesting than his Rih stanning tbh I don't even post as much about Bruises as him. #TruthTeaBags

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

Really isn't though. I really don't post about dude like that. I just don't see what's there to celebrate here, but you can change the subject because your post didn't make any sense anyway.

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
That won't stop him clocking that #1 regardless. They tried tho. Still Hung up on the incident of course. If he was white no one would curr. Well America only still cares. The rest of the world stan CB.

yeah people should let it go already, Rihanna did. Many Times

DMeisterJ

Banned
Remember Chris Brown's first album ;)

Run it run it~

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

I was gonna play 'Run it' in the DJ room one time, but I know Koo would have force skipped, tbh.

Is ya man, on the flo
If he ain't, lemme kno
Lemme see if you can Run it, Run it
Girl, Indeed, I can Run it, Run it

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
funny I was going to request a ban today because school starts tomorrow and I have other things to sort out so I need to eliminate some distractions, but I just cant quit this place I cant stop spreading the Gaga gospel. Surely I will be less active in the DJ room tho

Hope everything works out ITZ and you can join us here again

funny I was going to request a ban today because school starts tomorrow and I have other things to sort out so I need to eliminate some distractions, but I just cant quit this place I cant stop spreading the Gaga gospel. Surely I will be less active in the DJ room tho

Hope everything works out ITZ and you can join us here again

School starts tomorrow for me too, hopefully the lessors will pick up the pace for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom