• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You would
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

tumblr_lxql05iijr1r8d8ejci.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
What... happened?

Matter of fact, I don't wanna know.

Concussion Guy, you're not welcome here. Perra stans can kindly remove themselves from this thread and not bother returning.

Majmun

What... happened?

Matter of fact, I don't wanna know.

Concussion Guy, you're not welcome here. Perra stans can kindly remove themselves from this thread and not bother returning.

Well, we also have Kesha, Mehirna and Carly stans in this topic.

Stanning for Katy is less offensive IMO.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
How'd you think I feel when you call my name
You got me confused by the way I've changed
How'd you think I feel when you call my name
My name, say my name baby

This song is slaying me rn

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You mean she's sent the US crashing back into a period of tedious backwards-facing pop?

This is why nobody in the rest of the world takes the US seriously tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's not even a good song. I could forgive how regressive it is if only it were.

[edit]It's a repeating pattern. Obviously superior progressive European pop reigns the charts for ages and then a single tedious mid-90s-esque song comes out and the US goes gaga for it and every declares it's the end of the wave of obviously superior progressive European pop and then about six months later the charts are reigned by obviously superior progressive European pop again.

What I'm trying to say here is the reason CRJ is slaying the charts is the same reason that the US doesn't have proper healthcare. Because it's a land of backwards savages.

Yes I know it went #1 in my country too. Awful countrymen tbh.

Nemesis_

Pressed foreigners tbh.

VGRhI.gif

It's a disgusting literally BASIC song that doesn't deserve ANY of the airtime it's been getting.

A true MESS.

I also find it HILARIOUS you would call other things that AREN'T this basic bitch's song "boring".

Foreigners should NOT be pressed because they have NOTHING TO DO with that abhorrent abortion of POP MUSIC

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Aphrodylie Minogoddess is posting some hilarious ancient pictures on Twitter.

ax18c6gcaaaz190gzkww.jpg

#K25blastfromthepast ... off duty bowling??

ax15dcgcmaeiuciepjxi.jpg

@Jakeshears nope, STILL don't know my way around London ... hah! #K25blastfromthepast

ax1_e7ocmaasv05bhjdu.jpg

'Red or Dead' shoes 4 eva!! Hah! #K25blastfromthepast

ax2ab3nciaaac0712jkc.jpg

Finally #lovers... Nope,I have no recollection of this AT ALL....is it Never Ending Story? LOL! #K25blastfromthepast

Bladenic

Okay what the hell? Did nobody see fit to call out Royalan on his bullshit? KOODO did but nowhere near enough.

To say one hit single from Carly Rae makes her more popular than Taylor Swift who's sold tons of albums (and she does sell worldwide, not extremely so but still) is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone spout in this thread. Taylor has had lots of hit singles (no number 1 on hot 100 but oh well). She's sold tons of albums. Pretty sure Fearless outsold like all our faves except The fame (which actually gets higher sales due to FM so prob not actually higher) and Adele. Obvs not sure on this. And im talking about recent albums.

Call me (lol) when Carly actually sells an album. And maybe has more than one hit single.

Nemesis_

In other NON-SHIT news, I am about to delve into what I am sure will become a MASTERPIECE.

vwtXd.jpg

Hopefully this will be anything BUT DOLEO

Did nobody see fit to call out Royalan on his bullshit? KOODO did but nowhere near enough.

Sometime's it's too hard, and I'm not checking for TaySNORE anyway so, well, yeah. DRAG HA, sis.

devilru

Neo Member
my my this thread is a treasure chest full of gifs

In other NON-SHIT news, I am about to delve into what I am sure will become a MASTERPIECE.
vwtXd.jpg

Saw the Stimela video earlier today, I guess doing radio dance trash didn't sell so she decided to make more interesting music (I'll take her either way though, enjoyed her first album). I'll have to give the whole EP a listen.

Nemesis_

Yeah, I absolutely HATED Dirty Talk. An ANNOYING song that POLLUTED the airwaves. Til Death was a bit more tolerable but the clip was a horrid rip off of Just Dance and that also put me off.

I love that she's BROKEN AWAY from her image and moved onto, as you said, "more interesting" music. Once everyone goes to sleep here (I can't wait till my visitors leave and I get my house back to myself) I will definitely give it a full, proper listen.

Stimela sounds great though, gives me serious Deep Forest teas ;_;

Trigger

"Nervous" would be so much better without Travis Scott. So much better.

Okay what the hell? Did nobody see fit to call out Royalan on his bullshit? KOODO did but nowhere near enough.

To say one hit single from Carly Rae makes her more popular than Taylor Swift who's sold tons of albums (and she does sell worldwide, not extremely so but still) is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone spout in this thread. Taylor has had lots of hit singles (no number 1 on hot 100 but oh well). She's sold tons of albums. Pretty sure Fearless outsold like all our faves except The fame (which actually gets higher sales due to FM so prob not actually higher) and Adele. Obvs not sure on this. And im talking about recent albums.

Call me (lol) when Carly actually sells an album. And maybe has more than one hit single.

I love Carly, but I can't hate on some good ol' fashioned Taylor stanning. She's country and pop so she tends to fly under this thread's radar.

BA2yg.gif

Majmun

Fantasea is killing me right now. As mentioned earlier, this is the perfect work-out record. For real.

I'm blasting it so hard right now

icnzn0CMgfzTK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom