• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 |OT| Boring, but still bigger than E3 (18:30 ET // 15:30 PT // 23:30 GMT)

FranXico

Congratulations to Naughty Dog for the recognition of all their hard work and sacrifices.

Same goes to Sean Murray too, he earned his forgiveness a long time ago. All because he worked hard for it.

So no Elden Ring, I take it?
tenor.gif

O-N-E

I think we need to forget about Elden Ring.

From experience, anticipating one game for a prolonged period of time has caused a negative association with said game that's tough to shake off.

Elcid

Banned
You want Sony announcements but get Among Us, Fall Guys, GTA V Online, and FortNite announcements.
You want Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Ghost oF Tsushima to win awards, but Last of Us 2 steals all of them.
I had to shut off the stream a few times and just fast forward to it later, especially the "latinx" shit.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The gaming industry in now officially the new Hollywood. People patting each other on the back. This is the first awards I've ever watched that I had no interest at all in anything that was shown.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
No really any big reveals at all. I'm blanking on anything to get hyped about. I don't know if I'm sad for TGA or because there was no exciting new next-gen games.

iorek21

Okay, so...

TLOU2 is certainly Game of the Year, not only because of its quality, but also because of its controversy. I mean, it was the game that got everybody talking about, some good things, some bad things, and I think that ultimately weighted in its favor.

As a technical achievement, TLOU2 is simply amazing, as for creative choices... well, you can answer that for me.

Top Bottom