• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 |OT| Boring, but still bigger than E3 (18:30 ET // 15:30 PT // 23:30 GMT)

CGiRanger

Banned
Well, that was a snooze-fest of an awards show. not a single game looked remotely interesting to me.

What turned me off personally was the overall presentation of games now, and I don't mean because of the special circumstances of this year. But every game that is debuted or previewed now mostly seems to focus on flashy, empty CGI trailers with awful licensed music. Doesn't at all make me excited or interested in them.

I'm mainly glad Hades won one award (just one :messenger_crying:), as that was really the only game out of this years stack that I'd been truly happy with.

But wow, none of the "World Premiers" were at all noteworthy. No Elden Ring or Silent Hill as rumored (not that I put stock in rumors). And EA previews were short worthless trailers. "Mass Effect will return!" sorry, not excited after what happened to it.

And I am a bit displeased at how Among Us gets an award even though it released back in 2018

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah as much as I enjoyed the ME series, that final "reveal/tease" was lame. We knew a new game was coming... I would've rather the final reveal be anything else, lol.

MiguelItUp

TLOU2 swept just like it deserved to. Haters can cry all they want. Every part of that game is just so far beyond anything else that released this year.

In the eyes of hardcore fans, yes. Fine game that I felt was horribly overrated though. Clearly not the only one either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, that was a snooze-fest of an awards show. not a single game looked remotely interesting to me.

What turned me off personally was the overall presentation of games now, and I don't mean because of the special circumstances of this year. But every game that is debuted or previewed now mostly seems to focus on flashy, empty CGI trailers with awful licensed music. Doesn't at all make me excited or interested in them.

I'm mainly glad Hades won one award (just one :messenger_crying:), as that was really the only game out of this years stack that I'd been truly happy with.

But wow, none of the "World Premiers" were at all noteworthy. No Elden Ring or Silent Hill as rumored (not that I put stock in rumors). And EA previews were short worthless trailers. "Mass Effect will return!" sorry, not excited after what happened to it.

And I am a bit displeased at how Among Us gets an award even though it released back in 2018

This may sound petty to some but the way a lot of trailers are put together these days, it’s like they are all made in the same studio. Those booming sound effects used between quick cuts and fades is jarring. Movie trailers do it a lot too. No creativity there.

Well, GOT won the only award that matters, the Player's Voice. Let the people vote for all the awards next time, Geoff. We'll see how many people are actually into this woke BS.
This is just like most awards where all the smug critics/journalists who smell their own farts tell the little people how they should think.
You mean like they did for The Golden Joystiqs that TLOU2 swept? Or how about many of the numerous other GOTYs TLOU2 will win? It's already over 20. Keep crying.

kyliethicc

Bitch I'm back out my coma
Waking up on your sofa
When I park my Range Rover
Slightly scratch your Corolla

Okay, I smashed your Corolla
In the words of Kanye West

Dear Geoff,

Yo, yo, yo, yo
I use your face as a urinal
Then do the same at your funeral
Piss on your grave, piss on your grave
This one here for the executives, fuck you and all your relatives

Yeezus and Rodeo are fire

Eternal21

I hate SJW's and the whole woke culture. I love The Last of Us I & II. Been playing for close to 40 years, and have yet to find anything that comes even close to those two masterpieces. Couldn't be happier about them sweeping the awards. Another great win for Naughty Dog and Sony. Hopefully this means we'll get more gritty exclusives in the future.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Nice to see TLoU2 win all those awards including the big one but the rest of this show was awful.

ej0SjrB.jpg

Top Bottom