• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 |OT| Boring, but still bigger than E3 (18:30 ET // 15:30 PT // 23:30 GMT)

Compsiox

Banned
The better game won, it's okay man, your life will go on.
200.gif

Chiggs

Gold Member
That Moore's Law is Dead fuckwit should be chased up the hill toward the windmill, like he's the goddamned Frankenstein monster.

Last edited:

ranmafan

What a boring terrible show once again. Every year I hope geoff keighley would listen to feedback and every year I’m disappointed. I think it’s crazy that more time is spent presenting the best YouTuber award than most of the other game awards combined. It’s a slap in the face to the developers of those games that they don’t get a chance to speak when they receive their awards. And all the surprise world premieres were to me and it seems to a lot of people terrible this year. It’s sad that the only thing that excites me was seeing Sephiroth in Smash.

I understand geoff keighley is passionate about the industry and wants to celebrate it, but year in and year out he presents an awards show that’s an embarrassment and is nothing more than a shitty e3 press conference. I’ve thought this for years but especially after seeing tonight’s show, I think it’s time for someone else to step up and make a better awards show that honors the gaming world. Because almost anything would be better than this crap we get every year.

Zadom

So many negative takes on this awards show. What exactly was expected? Have you ever seen an awards show you liked?

In thought it moved along pretty quick with some interesting trailers and found it enjoyable. Much faster paced and easier to watch than recent academy awards broadcasts.

Kinda strange they gave like every single award to TLO2 after it had such a polarizing reception, with half the fanbase hating it and the other half praising it... Plus it also kinda glorifies the crunch culture of Naughty Dog yet again. Also felt Ghost of Tsuchima was grossly under-appreciated and should have taken some of these awards, especially since unlike TLOU2, it had pretty much universal likes by everyone that played it.

Overall a rather dissapointing show tbh. The nominees and awards always dropped to the same people and the vast majority of the stuff they shown was in terms of reveals was uninteresting to me (mostly CG trailers not representative of actual gameplay and stuff that I woudn't buy). It was also missing the stuff I really wanted to see, like let's say Elden Ring or anything by Kojima.

What a boring terrible show once again. Every year I hope geoff keighley would listen to feedback and every year I’m disappointed. I think it’s crazy that more time is spent presenting the best YouTuber award than most of the other game awards combined. It’s a slap in the face to the developers of those games that they don’t get a chance to speak when they receive their awards. And all the surprise world premieres were to me and it seems to a lot of people terrible this year. It’s sad that the only thing that excites me was seeing Sephiroth in Smash.

I understand geoff keighley is passionate about the industry and wants to celebrate it, but year in and year out he presents an awards show that’s an embarrassment and is nothing more than a shitty e3 press conference. I’ve thought this for years but especially after seeing tonight’s show, I think it’s time for someone else to step up and make a better awards show that honors the gaming world. Because almost anything would be better than this crap we get every year.
The show was not the problem, there were simply no interesting new games. When fucking Sephiroth is the highlight there is an issue. And I hate Smash lol.

Top Bottom