• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The General Star Trek Thread of Earl Grey Tea, Baseball, and KHHHAAAANNNN

What's a good website for reviews of DS9 episodes?
I've really gotten into the show over the past few days(close to the end of season 3 right now).

Cheese throw back to Wrath of Khan with Spock and Kirk roles switched. Kirk dies ... then is brought back to life by McCoy using Khans regenerative Wolverine blood.

Ewwwwww what...

Won

No matter what garbage Team JJ threw together and tries to sell as story, Cumberbatch is still worth your money.

Can you PM me a link to the spoilers?
Just go to TrekBBS.
Cheese throw back to Wrath of Khan with Spock and Kirk roles switched. Kirk dies ... then is brought back to life by McCoy using Khans regenerative Wolverine blood.

To be more specific:
It takes place in engineering with Kirk dying from radiation poisoning, and if one comment is believed, even some of the same dialogue is used from TWoK. It is, essentially, the ending to TWoK with the roles reversed. Spock yells out "KHHHAAAAANNNNNN!" in the film, too.

Just go to TrekBBS.

Also,
it takes place in engineering with Kirk dying from radiation poisoning. Spock yells out "KHHHAAAAANNNNNN!" in the film, too.

I hadn't heard about that ... lets call it "shout out". That's even worse. I am almost impressed with the skill required to create such ham-fistery.

maharg

idspispopd
Has that set of spoilers actually been confirmed by anyone other than the rather obscure blog it seems to have come from?

Frankly, I'm disappointed that the people who *haven't* read any spoilers have generally stopped speculating now that they know that some unknown answer has been confirmed. Screw that, I'm going crackfic on this one:

He's obviously future mirror universe Picard. That's why he has a 24th Century French accent and a ship that looks suspiciously like future Enterprises in some subtle manners. He has hair for the same reason that mirror-Spock had a goatee.

Thank goodness I'm not a writer. ;)

NeOak

Frankly, I'm disappointed that the people who *haven't* read any spoilers have generally stopped speculating now that they know that some unknown answer has been confirmed. Screw that, I'm going crackfic on this one:

Maybe because some of us just want to go and see the damned movie and have our own opinion.

Season 4 Blu-Ray release date set for July 30th along with Redemption individual release

Looks like they're going to start releasing individual releases for the season enders/openers. Honestly though, who would want this? BoBW made sense since it's the highest rated episode of the series. Paramount really likes to gouge the fans.

I think it's cool they offer some of the 2 parters as one release. It's not like they are removing the episodes from the season sets.

Sure they have some exclusive bonus features, but I would hope so, since they are selling these episodes as stand alone releases.

That's why he has a 24th Century French accent and a ship that looks suspiciously like future Enterprises in some subtle manners. He has hair for the same reason that mirror-Spock had a goatee.

Yeah but... most Federation ships would fit that description. Its class of ship might even be the next Enterprise, especially since none of the previous ones have been the first in their class.

NeOak

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna see if they're gonna put the standalone release content on the complete Blu-ray set when that comes out (probably next year?)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just finished the final episode of TNG, and god damn what a finale it was. I love how they brought the whole show full circle and back to the very beginning with Q aiding Picard one last time. The glimpses into the future was a nice touch as well. I'll definitely remember this as one of the my favorite series of all time.

Now the choice is, do I finish watching TOS or move on to DS9 which a lot of you guys seem to like, even though it's somewhat off a spin-off.

jambo

Picked this up today with a $50 voucher!

DTKiYjA.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Target has this on sale for $59.99 this week. Plus, if you're interested in the Best of Both Worlds single pack, they're offering $10 off the combined purchase, so you only pay $5 for BoBW.

zoukka

Just watched the Khan episode of the TOS. What an amazing episode. A forgotten vessel, a great character with a perfect casting, suspense and some 1990 made up history :b

Is this the point where I should watch the move about Khan?

Just watched the Khan episode of the TOS. What an amazing episode. A forgotten vessel, a great character with a perfect casting, suspense and some 1990 made up history :b

Is this the point where I should watch the move about Khan?

Pretty sure he isn't mentioned again so I guess you could.

Too bad it ain't in Netflix :/

Huh? It's on Netflix instant. I watched it last night.

Anyway, cross-posting this from the STiD thread:

Okay, so maybe not STiD related but definitely Star Trek related.

A while back one of my friends gave me a DS9 poster. At the beginning of April, I learned Tony Todd, who starred in one of my favorite shows of Star Trek – DS9's "The Visitor" – was coming to Wilmington. I set out to get an autograph, and I did! Really nice guy. He told me about how his aunt, who took care of him when he was younger, died about three months before the shoot of this show. He was really, really depressed about her passing until he was given the script, and he channeled his feelings for his aunt into his performance.

g3hdquD.jpg

The writing is a quote from the episode. It says: "To Zoey – It's life...you're gonna miss it if you don't open your eyes."

Top Bottom