• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
mabuza said:
:lol :lol :lol the title of this thread is so apt.

'tis the most entertaining thread i've seen all year. Truly epic.

mabuza

Banned
chubigans said:
0_rofl.gif

Dot50Cal said:
So, time to stir up some shit again :lol

I've been playing a review copy thats loaded onto my buddys XDK Hard Drive, but even with this, We still get pop up. Its not just minor stuff either, entire buildings do this, so do benches and other obstacles. I can't imagine what it'll be like running off a disc. Heres a gif:

Animation1.gif

With this I've lost all hope for this thread. Especially since this very thing happens on the PS3 version as well. The final copy at that.

This is def my last post in this one. Everyone just go enjoy GTA4 when you can whichever console you decide to get it on.

ypo

fortified_concept said:
Maybe they played it on a soon to RROD X360. This didn't even happen in the PS2 versions.

It's consistent with that gif posted. Shitty hardware problem or shitty game performance doesn't really matter that much I would say.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
BenjaminBirdie said:
Can you hear the dialogue throughout?

Yes. You can also turn on subtitles, which I chose to do early, because of the heavy accents on some of the characters.

mintylurb

Dot50Cal said:

I've been playing a review copy thats loaded onto my buddys XDK Hard Drive, but even with this, We still get pop up. Its not just minor stuff either, entire buildings do this, so do benches and other obstacles. I can't imagine what it'll be like running off a disc. Heres a gif:

Animation1.gif

Thanks for sending me in the direction of the PS3 version once and for all.

It's about fucking time I bought another game for it...the only ones I have are Uncharted & Ratchet, both of which I chose to come with the console when I bought it at the end of January. :lol

Banned
Dot50Cal said:

http://a.imagehost.org/dl/ff9dc1a5d8b99fb1e8ab531ed266260e/4814e5cd/0209/Animation1.gif
Ok, but if you're loading off a hard drive and seeing pop-in like that, doesn't it mean that it could be exactly the same on the PS3? And that's assuming that is a part of the game that is installed on the PS3's hard drive. (what exactly is being installed?)

MrHicks said:
so the x360 version has been the LEAD platform but it runs better on ps3?
thats unusual is it not?
Well it's possible that the delay to work on the PS3 version of the game has let them get more out of that system than the 360.

Geek said:
Yes. You can also turn on subtitles, which I chose to do early, because of the heavy accents on some of the characters.

I would hope the subtitles also write "Gim Me Dat" when Niko pulls someone off motorcycle.

Tobor

TheDrowningMan said:
Thanks for sending me in the direction of the PS3 version once and for all.
It's about fucking time I bought another game for it...the only ones I have are Uncharted & Ratchet, both of which I chose to come with the console when I bought it at the end of January. :lol

See you in the fall.

cyberheater said:
So is the PS3 version native 720p or not?

I'm sure the pixel counters at B3D will soon find out.

(and if the PS3 is less then 720p, meltdown...)

Meltdown or not, it indeed looks better, so maybe haters have some last chance to go on hating... Anyway, we shouldn't care.

Wollan

chubigans said:
If that is actual andrewfre posting..
He's actually so involved with this topic that he openly lie, he in no way should be a NeoGAF member with this evidence. That's Snah like behavior in which they make fake reports just to make their side look better. Absolute pathetic, garbage poster.

LowParry

TheDrowningMan said:
Oh yeah, I'm still swapping it for a 360 copy when the DLC arrives, provided I don't have too much else I'm playing by then.

If it's towards the end of the year, there's too much other things out there to worry about DLC.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
andrewfee said:
Well it's possible that the delay to work on the PS3 version of the game has let them get more out of that system than the 360.

well there is multi rumors i read here and on other forums as well says that Sony Studio Cambridge helped Rockstar with the PS3 ver ( if it's true there is no question Cambridge guys are tech freaks ) , there is no source yet for this story but i guess if it's true we will find it on the Game Credits .

f@luS

More than a member.
Wollan said:
He's actually so involved with this topic that he openly lie, he in no way should be a NeoGAF member with this evidence. That's Snah like behavior in which they make fake reports just to make their side look better. Absolute pathetic, garbage poster.

mintylurb said:

Yea don't forget the part where I told you I also saw a side by side of both the final 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

Nice try though :)

I don't need to beat the final PS3 copy of the game to know that the same exact pop ins people are trying to pass off as exclusive to the 360 are also in the PS3 version of the game.

Here is where things get even more interesting. The pop in people are showing in this thread with their gifs they are ever so careful to not even bother mentioning that such an occurrence doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

Everyone has an agenda.

Truespeed

Papercuts said:
IGN's Head2Head basically restated everything already known.

-PS3 has better aliasing, can't really tell unless you're viewing both at the same time

I gather you meant 'anti-aliasing'.

I wish they would have made the HDD install an option for 360 owners... at least you won't have to worry about those problems when the DLC comes out since it will all be on the HDD.

So there aren't going to be widely hyped games released in the fall? Is this all a lie?

Glad to see our public school systems need more funding.

GreekWolf

Wollan said:
That's Snah like behavior in which they make fake reports just to make their side look better. Absolute pathetic, garbage poster.
When did Snah ever fabricate evidence? Unless I somehow missed it, I always assumed that he and tjhooker were banned for incessantly trolling 360 threads with snarky remarks.

This thread alone contains as much, if not more, console trolling from both sides than those two ever engaged in.

2real4tv said:
I don't understand why their isn't alot of media of the ps3 version

To over play issues with the Xbox 360 build of the game so people think the PS3 is completely divoid of the same issues? I nailed that on my first try.

Walshicus

GreekWolf said:
When did Snah ever fabricate evidence? Unless I somehow missed it, I always assumed that he and tjhooker were banned for incessantly trolling 360 threads with snarky remarks.

This thread alone contains as much, if not more, console trolling from both sides than those two ever engaged in.
Do you not remember the Amazon thing?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have rendered the final verdict. Unless Gamespot does something to completely tear it down, which I doubt. :p

OP updated with the custom track info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom