• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

what no .5 deduction for the lousy 360 port.
all these web sites = ms fanboys

for a year every ps3 version of a game had points deducted compared to a 360 version wtf

facepalm.gif

Draft

I normally detest the score mongers, but in this case, absolutely. X360 version should get docked points for game breaking pop in.

DAMN some of the gifs are just revolting. I almost want to hold off on the game till June.

Ploid 3.0

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

for a year every ps3 version of a game had points deducted compared to a 360 version wtf

Draft said:
I normally detest the score mongers, but in this case, absolutely. X360 version should get docked points for game breaking pop in.

DAMN some of the gifs are just revolting. I almost want to hold off on the game till June.

Having live, achievements, and 360's controller = + 1.5 points automatically. In other words, the xbox version is getting cheated.

And I doubt it's that bad. Maybe bad dvd drives, and no HDD will cause this. The different hardware comments in this thread might be a possibility. If that's the case, just get another xbox if it annoying.

Kafel said:
Are there important pop-up in IGN or GT videos ?

I mean, except in Dot50Cal gifs (thx dude btw), can we see them elsewhere -in more recent versions of the game perhaps - ?

Ask people who watched the live feed for the past few days. It is rare that it is a case as bad as that it seems.

Emiru

Banned
Draft said:

wait for vids from the retail versions.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
MobiusPigeon said:
maybe the difference isnt as bad as some of the idiots in this thread are making it out to be? *gasp* could that REALLY be why? i mean again...WATCH SOME OF THE LIVE STREAMS YOU FOOLS!!!!

That's the funniest part of this. If anyone watches any of the thousands of videos available right now, it's obvious that the game looks absurdly great. Yet still there's bloodshed! Dudes this game is a dream come true... it is the game we all dreamt of as young boys. It's finally been made! The future is now! Yet still!

MobiusPigeon said:
maybe the difference isnt as bad as some of the idiots in this thread are making it out to be? *gasp* could that REALLY be why? i mean again...WATCH SOME OF THE LIVE STREAMS YOU FOOLS!!!!

true but in most cases we come to find most of the ps3 versions of games= xbox360 version with minor diff.

jet1911

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

2403251137_5be0c16ea3_o.gif

Please be a joke.

I mean, except in Dot50Cal gifs (thx dude btw), can we see them elsewhere -in more recent versions of the game perhaps - ?

I've watched over an hour of GTA4 footage and I noticed pop-in only one time. It was buildings "drawing in" in the distance.

MercuryLS

Banned
Draft said:

I've played the game off disc and the pop-in was nowhere near that bad. Honestly, I don't have an agenda. If it was that bad I'd be lambasting the X360 version without an issue. I won't lie, I prefer gaming on X360 but that has never clouded my judgements on games. I honestly think the game is having issues loading off the HDD cause it was built with disc streaming in mind, not coming off a HDD. I didn't really notice any geometry pop-in when I was playing (thought it was probably happening with far away geometry that I didn't notice), but I did notice texture fade-in many times.

At no point did I see stuff pop-in right in front of me, and I know for a fact that the hospital and dock gifs are BS (based on the disc version) cause I went to both many times during my short playtime and saw no geometry pop-up.

Emiru

Banned
Kafel said:

Nope, fishy aint it?

m0dus

Banned
I see this thread and I think to myself, 'it's not the end of society, but you can see it from here . . ."

The only thing bigger than the piles of B.S. being heaped up, page after page, is the thinly veiled, wailing, wall-pounding fanboy insecurity that drives it. I mean I actually have to sit back and wonder how many of you are going to put the game away night after night, verbally reassuring yourself in front of your pets that you bought the 'best' version?

Verily, I weep for all of the Gaming Forum tonight . . .

h3ro

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

oh boy... congrats, you just sent this one over the deep end...

Guys, this time tomrrow, I'll be walking out of GameCrazy holding the game :D:D:D:D

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Kafel said:

3 hours into the 360 version and I have noticed some pop up. Not a lot (No crashing into invisible trees yet :D ). There has been a little more texture loading though. Once again, not that often.

*EDIT*
Didn't notice any in the video reviews. Live footage over the last few days shows that popup is not the problem people want it to be.

Dot50Cal

Banned
MercuryLS said:
I've played the game off disc and the pop-in was nowhere near that bad. Honestly, I don't have an agenda. If it was that bad I'd be lambasting the X360 version without an issue. I won't lie, I prefer gaming on X360 but that has never clouded my judgements on games. I honestly think the game is having issues loading off the HDD cause it was built with disc streaming in mind, not coming off a HDD. I didn't really notice any geometry pop-in when I was playing, but I did notice texture fade-in many times.

Its happening when I run it off the disc as well dude. 1Up even says it happens:

There's some long-distance graphical fade-in as well as some street-level hazards that appear only after you hit them. Traffic will be nonexistent one second, then three cars deep when you rotate the camera back around, and then completely disappear when your wanted level gets to two or three stars
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167410&p=4

Kafel said:

Someone said 1up's reporting the same problem too. On the other hand we don't know for sure if the specific terrible popups aren't in the PS3 version too or if 1up doesn't have a screwed up X360 too.

edit: damnit beaten by seconds.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
ith3r said:
Whatever I say will be misrepresented as whining or backpedalling, so I think I'll stay out of the quote game :D

But seriously, I did it only for the lulz... And I guess it generated some extra entertainment, so I'll consider myself victorious. A bittersweet victory, if you will.

More like you just got owned and dot50cal completely ruined your plans of a thread derailment.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Here's some hard sales data for you fools.

Hopped into the local to grab Zack & Wiki plus a few DVDs and noticed a big sign as I walked in stating PS3s were all sold out. Both the GT5: Prologue bundle and the console by itself - getting ready for GTA IV?

All I know is that I'm glad I flew past my idea of grabbing a PS3 a few days before GTA hit, and instead lapped up the GT5:p bundle a few days after that came out. Last thing I wanted was to be high and dry a few days out.

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

2ew0b47.gif

u mad?

dfyb

Banned
the IGN GTAIV review podcast mentions the ps3 edge too. one or two guys prefer 360's colors, but they agree the ps3 version has less pop in.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Karma said:
How often does it happen? Is it game breaking?

No. It doesn't happen very often. Maybe once every 20 minutes Ill run into an invisible object. I try to stick to the roads and its not that bad. Its just when my car gets squirrely that I have to go onto the sidewalk.

That tree is a bastard though. Every time I come up that road the thing pops in. Its the only one I've had pop up on me every time I passed there.

MercuryLS said:
Did you play it off disc too? Or are you just basing that off the 1up quote. I guess I'll have to play it more to see if it happens, but god as my witness I didn't see pop-in that bad in my playtime. I visited many of the areas in those gifs many times too.

Dude, stop please. You're insulting me now.

Dot50Cal said:
Its happening when I run it off the disc as well dude. 1Up even says it happens:

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
MercuryLS said:
Did you play it off disc too? Or are you just basing that off the 1up quote. I guess I'll have to play it more to see if it happens, but god as my witness I didn't see pop-in that bad in my playtime. I visited many of the areas in those gifs many times too.

Well, he just said that it happens when he runs it off the disc, so I'm assuming he did play it off the disc.

I think I'm joining the group that say that the 360 performance issues is dependent on the version of the console the game is running on.

dfyb

Banned
MercuryLS said:
it's not like pop-in was consistent in the ps2 games either. most of the time it will load fine, but sometimes it will load in late depending on a number of circumstances.

h3ro

please GAF.. don't stop. my wireless mouse's batteries ran out so this is the only thread I'm looking at now, with Tab and F5 being the only things keeping me sane... <3 you GAF

Raistlin

Yoboman said:
Obviously, dot50cal has PURPOSEFULLY SABOTAGED HIS XBOX 360. If only he had the credibility around these parts of Deus Ex Machina and Emiru - then we might take him seriously

:lol :lol :lol

MercuryLS

Banned
GSG Flash said:
Well, he just said that it happens when he runs it off the disc, so I'm assuming he did play it off the disc.

I think I'm joining the group that say that the 360 performance issues is dependent on the version of the console the game is running on.

Maybe that's it, it's just weird to me to see pop-in like that. With a variety of disc drives out there in X360's, it could be an issue. At least with the PS3 it's one standard drive so there's little to worry about there.

dfyb said:
it's not like pop-in was consistent in the ps2 games either. most of the time it will load fine, but sometimes it will load in late depending on a number of circumstances.

Yeah that's true too, but with the hospital gif that is something that never changes. Every time you die that same scene comes up.

Ploid 3.0

M3wThr33 said:
Man, this is too good. I can't tell whether there's real bias or just people having fun. Either way, it just keeps on going!

This is keeping people busy until GTA is out. Both gaf teams will be tearing up online after everyone get their copy. Too bad there is no cross platform play. I'm sure both sides want to kill each other and Liberty City is the perfect place for the war.

2 360 gifs. same place. HMMMMMMMMMM WHATS GOING ON

29zbk3d922.gif

16gqy9.gif

edit OK with those last set of pics i'm outta here until some GT comparison trailers are up. this is just beyond retarded and unfunny now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Permanent bans for intentionally misleading people with slightly photoshopped screenshots, btw. Satire is fine obviously, like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom