• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.
if kotaku are full of shit should i ignore their deduction that the PS3 version of the game has the technical edge or just the deductions that put the 360 better in some area or another?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Newcomers might be a bit confused about the origin of the tree meme, Especially since all my gif's are dead links now. Heres what spawned that meme:

fucktrees.gif

Open Dir of the gifs I've posted in the thread:
http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gta4/
Rehost these if you are going to use them or bad things will happen to you.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I love how crazy this gen is, now we will get people lobbying for the 360 to get a downrez patch.

If it includes the 'install option'. Where do I sign.

Xdrive05

What makes this thread so great is how important this game is. It might be the greatest game of this gen, NAY! OF ALL TIME!

So if one version has anything over the other, a hydrogen bomb detonates in their ball sack.

:lol

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Xdrive05 said:
What makes this thread so great is how important this game is. It might be the greatest game of this gen, NAY! OF ALL TIME!

So if one version has anything over the other, a hydrogen bomb detonates in their ball sack.

If the game is as entertaining as this thread. I'll be happy.

Sandman7

Dot50Cal said:

You might also want to give the example of the 'bad things' that have happened to the person that did this. Just so it doesn't sound like an empty threat.

Xdrive05 said:

I envy single console owners sometimes (or simply not-so-greedy multi-console owners). Not having to worry about choice or all this stuff.

If I already made up my mind on which version to get, I could sit back happily and be one of those ivory tower kids who come in every once in a while to ridicule the thread.

plagiarize said:
if kotaku are full of shit should i ignore their deduction that the PS3 version of the game has the technical edge or just the deductions that put the 360 better in some area or another?

You should ignore everything from that site. Half their articles are full of sensationalistic bullshit just to get hits and the other hald are fanboy fantasies and FUD.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Sandman7 said:
You might also want to give the example of the 'bad things' that have happened to the person that did this. Just so it doesn't sound like an empty threat.

I think they'll get the drift :lol I'll be monitoring where my incoming links are coming from. If its not a gaffer thats hotlinking, then they'll need to prepare for severe consequences.

Linkzg said:
I envy single console owners sometimes (or simply not-so-greedy multi-console owners). Not having to worry about choice or all this stuff.

If I already made up my mind on which version to get, I could sit back happily and be one of those ivory tower kids who come in every once in a while to ridicule the thread.

Well i'm getting the bundle and i own a PC so looks like i'll be getting 2 copies of GTA :D

Yoboman

Dot50Cal said:
I think they'll get the drift :lol I'll be monitoring where my incoming links are coming from. If its not a gaffer thats hotlinking, then they'll need to prepare for severe consequences.
8419109b1a68db1d4590079672666e48.gif

Forsete

Nice trade off though, and I see nothing wrong with the IQ. Like with MGO it seems to have a really clean looking image quality.

Funnily enough, I was playing MGO yesterday and then popped in Uncharted for a while.. Uncharted is a 1280x720 game, but damn if MGO does not have a superior image quality.

Dot50Cal said:
Newcomers might be a bit confused about the origin of the tree meme, Especially since all my gif's are dead links now. Heres what spawned that meme:

fucktrees.gif

Wow. I hope that does not happen on PS3. :/

FIREBABY

Dot50Cal said:

fucktrees.gif

What did you think would happen driving on the sidewalk?:lol Surely not a tree popping in out of nowhere right?:D Thanks for the gifs though. I'm still picking it up for 360 though. After watching a week of streams, I'm not the least worried about a "superior version". Also its funny this morning we're playing the game of "Your problem is bigger than my problem". Or was that the game all along?

FirewalkR

When I looked at the page count I wondered how in the hell there had been so many posts since last night. Oh man I can't wait for my "superior 630p" version, hope there's a midnight launch today. :lol

norman603

Neo Member
So much for the superior version blah,blah,blah
This hd gen sucks crappy framerates,little to no aa,and now game resolution is going down
What is next, 480p game on ps3?

hd gen=major disappointment

Forsete

nofi said:
it doesn't.

Great to hear. :D I hate stuff like that.. a building pops in not such a big deal but if a TREE pops in and I crash into it 1/4 seconds after, yeah.. pretty annoying.

Dot50Cal

Banned
jaaz said:
Ugh. How often does that happen? That is, have you tried to recreate it?
That particular tree is a bastard. It does that every time I drive by there. Its cursed. As for how often, I'd say roughly every 20 minutes I get snagged on an invisible object. Just stay away from sidewalks.

cyberheater

Mash said:
Should I even bother reading this thread or is it the usual bunch of retards arguing about the usual retarded shit?

The answer is yes and yes.

norman603 said:
So much for the superior version blah,blah,blah
This hd gen sucks crappy framerates,little to no aa,and now game resolution is going down
What is next, 480p game on ps3?

hd gen=major disappointment

Yes all those 10's are lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom