• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprocket

Banned
Crushed said:
Uh hello where is "630p is bs part" that you were going on about?

Those guys were just comparing screenshots and vids off the web. Not everyone there is nonbiased 100% knowledge of everything. Hell I use to post there! :lol

Dot50Cal

Banned
dark10x said:
No, I mean, how did anyone manage to play the game from the 360 HDD? Dev-kit?
Very easily.

To the guy asking where DEATH TREE is, here. If you want a fast way here, die at romans house and they'll take you to the hospital. Then exit left, and stick to the far left road. Theres also a pine tree here (a big one) that pops in as well, but its much before DOOM TREE.

DAqVwtCTv.jpg

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sprocket said:
Those guys were just comparing screenshots and vids off the web.
...and? They're screenshots. It's not like the mathematics involved magically twisted around because it's on THE INTERNET!

FrankT

Have they done the same count for the 360 version over at Beyond3d? I'm somewhat inclined to believe they both could be running sub 720p.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Just when you thought it was safe to enter the sidewalk...DOOM TREE RETURNS!!

doomtreeTHERETURN.gif

I lol'd so hard, I thought I shot past it

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Dot50Cal said:

doomtreeTHERETURN.gif

OMG, the second I get home to ImageReady I am so putting a caption on that.

What works better, "FAIL," "DENIED," "NO," or what?

sprocket

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Have they done the same count for the 360 version over at Beyond3d? I'm somewhat inclined to believe they both could be running sub 720p.

like someone else said. It doesn't matter if it does... it still looks and runs better on the ps3. People just need to deal with it.

If those pop-ins are not only there because the iso was burned bad, then this is no way only "little pop-ins" as reviewers state.

Ok, I should read the spoilers first. Sucks. ;)

pswii60

Dot50Cal said:

doomtreeTHERETURN.gif

WTF is up with that tree :lol

And ya know, this thread his hilarious n' all, but shit like that has convinced me to stick with the PS3 version, at least for the single player.

SRG01

Seriously, what's wrong with rendering at 630p? It wasn't a problem for CoD4 or Halo3. Hell, it's been known on the PC side that lower resolutions usually mean more effects.

600ish-p resolutions = the new resolution of choice! :D

Oh, and since no one brought it up, is the 360 version using eDRAM for AA? If so, aren't they paying the tiling penalty with their native 720p resolution?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Crushed said:

NO might work :lol I think I'll make a video montage of me approaching the tree in as many different types of vehicles when I wake up today. That should serve for some more comedy.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Jtyettis said:

Yes, 720P 2x AA, but the IQ in other respects is harder to quantify.

Banned
sprocket said:
like someone else said. It doesn't matter if it does... it still looks and runs better on the ps3. People just need to deal with it.

That is a matter of opinion. Many may prefer the sharper more vibrant 360 version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hellraizer said:
If those pop-ins are not only there because the iso was burned bad, then this is no way only "little pop-ins" as reviewers state.

Ok, I should read the spoilers first. Sucks. ;)
It's hardly a big deal. If this sort of thing were to occur on a constant basis, I could understand the complaints, but this seems pretty rare.

That is a matter of opinion. Many may prefer the sharper more vibrant 360 version.
There are VERY few people even qualified to make this call yet. How many people have actually compared both versions on one TV? Very few, I'm sure. How can anyone state a preference without first trying both?!

So this is more of a glitch than a pop up problem AMIRITE? Or is there many other trees of doom we just dont know about? Someone with the PS3 versioin, see if you can take us to the tree of doom.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Crushed said:
How about bouncing off the Sam Jackson/bish head and "NO" in big bold letters?

I'll see if I can get a ped to stay still while I approach it, then you can slap Bish on him :lol But not now, I really need to hit the sack. Have fun guys!

Forsete

Oh man.. watching those gifs by Dot50Cal.. I WUB the vehicle physics.

I cant wait no more! And I have to work, it will be TEH PAINZ!

Dot50cal, are there alot of pop in objects that spawn in as dangerously as this one or is this a rare occurrence? You seem to know where the specific problem trees reside... if there are only a few I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Crushed said:

THAT FUCKER CAME OUT OF NO WHERE!

Though, this sentence is only funny if you have seen The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Banned
Jtyettis said:
1280x720, 2xAA

Dot50Cal said:

doomtreeTHERETURN.gif

:lol That's ridiculous.

It will be interesting to see how that tree is on the PS3 version – it's possible that it's an issue specifically with some objects in the world, rather than it being a streaming problem.

sprocket said:
Yeah but if this 630p thing is real PS3 version "cheated" to have better pop in, AA, draw distance etc so it's debatable who is winning. And if we don't know who's winning what the point of this glorious thread?

Tieno

Patrickula said:
Dot50cal, are there alot of pop in objects that spawn in as dangerously as this one or is this a rare occurrence? You seem to know where the specific problem trees reside... if there are only a few I don't think it's too big of a deal.
I thought it was the same tree?

sprocket

Banned
Karma said:
lol no its not. more pop in is not an opinion .. better AA is not an opinion. and didnt they say that the ps3 version looks sharper and more vibrant? :lol

PS3 or 360 version: 360 for DLC, PS3 version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp

so funny! :lol

Patrickula said:

The only thing that pops-in on a regular basis (for me at least) appears to be the back-room gun shop in Broker. The fact that you can't even go in there when being chased by the police means it isn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom