• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Fraggle Rock, how did the Gorgs expect to live past their current generation without resorting to incest? There were only 3 of them in the entire show, ever.

Sandman7

BenjaminBirdie said:
I do love that this tree has truly reached legendary status. I expect everyone to make it a Multiplayer Waypoint in as many games as possible.

All spawn points in multiplayer games will be called 'Doom Trees' due to players popping-in at random intervals.

borghe said:
Fraggle Rock

they are dozers.

Doozers lol :D Dozer was the dead fuckwit from The Matrix :lol :lol

DZ_FR_012s.jpg

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Speaking of Fraggle Rock, how did the Gorgs expect to live past their current generation without resorting to incest? There were only 3 of them in the entire show, ever.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get anymore devastating.

I am so fucking depressed and creeped out right now.

OverHeat

« generous god »
SuperEnemyCrab said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
prettyvacant77 said:
Doozers lol :D Dozer was the dead fuckwit from The Matrix :lol :lol

DZ_FR_012s.jpg
god. damn. it. :(

your childhood memory > mine

at least I remembered that fraggles liked eating their buildings. On that note, I always wondered what they tasted like and wanted to try one myself. oh, and I loved how the trash heap was just a shit talker who just happened to get things right.

SuperEnemyCrab said:

And what exactly did Junior Gorg do with the "fwaggles" when he caught one??

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This is somewhat unexpected. At first, I hated the fact that this thread even had to exist. Now it has been the source for so much comedy that I don't want it to end. We don't get threads of this hilarity level that frequently anymore

Doubledex

Banned
Darunia said:
This is somewhat unexpected. At first, I hated the fact that this thread even had to exist. Now it has been the source for so much comedy that I don't want it to end. We don't get threads of this hilarity level that frequently anymore
Yeah, "game reviewers" are tellin us, there is a difference and all these avarage joes are tellin' us "there is no difference"
Comedy gold :p

Dabanton

SuperEnemyCrab said:

If i remember correctly we never really saw outside of there garden so maybe there were other gorgs about.

TheDuce22

Banned
I havent been following this thread. Whats the finaly tally on the differences? The PS3 version runs at a lower resolution but the 360 version has more popup?

OverHeat

« generous god »
TheDuce22 said:
I havent been following this thread. Whats the finaly tally on the differences? The PS3 version runs at a lower resolution but the 360 version has more popup?

Right on!

clav

Anyone who has a core can confirm this?

I heard from my friend that the pop ins are EXTREMELY noticeable if you play this game on a core and memory card. (No hard drive)

The pop in issue disappears with the hard drive on.

Dabanton

TheDuce22 said:

I'd wait until the end of the week for the 'final' verdict.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Kabuki Waq said:
dudez i remember holding down a button to erase my cache to run oblivion well...what was that whole process again?

access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X.

jmd494

artredis1980 said:
On amazon

4. GTA IV 360 version
5. GTA IV PS3 version
6. GTA IV 360 special edition
8. GTA IV PS3 special edition
Interestingly enough:

14. PS3 40GB console
52. Xbox 360 20 GB console

No other PS3/360 consoles in the top 100.

If Amazon is a good metric for sales (which it isn't), AND if the other 360 SKU's aren't selling that much (considering they are AT LEAST 87 slots below PS3, then PS3 is going to have a good month in the USA.

dfyb

Banned
commariodore64 said:
Nice.

DotCal's past reveals a hankering for 360 bashing...
yes, he must have fabricated the pop-in himself!

you guys are seriously :lol

as explained last night, pop-in isn't going to happen the same way every time. it wasn't that consistent on the ps2 GTA games and it isn't going to be consistent on GTAIV. so posting an example of it not happening does not in any way debunk the fact that it DID happen before, and COULD happen again.

it's already been established that the ps3 version has pop-in to some extent -- but it is also established that the 360 version does have MORE pop-in to a significant degree.

Sandman7

TheDuce22 said:

My advice: If you are going to surgically attach your eyes to your 103'' HDTV, get the PS3 version, otherwise you might see Fraggles and wonder how Gorgs reproduce.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Kabuki Waq said:
dudez i remember holding down a button to erase my cache to run oblivion well...what was that whole process again?

up up down down left right left right a b select start

True answer: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X

Hypno Funk

I love the motion blur effect which occurs when travelling at high speeds, looks ace.

Both versions look ace, but if there's a 60+ page thread on nit-picking the hell out of pixels and noticing differences between the 360 and PS3, I dread to think what will happen when people compare the 360 version with DLC and the PS3 without.:lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Justin Dailey said:
Interestingly enough:

14. PS3 40GB console

If Amazon is a good metric for sales (which it isn't), AND if the other 360 SKU's aren't selling that much (considering they are AT LEAST 87 slots below PS3, then PS3 is going to have a good month in the USA.

Amazon has been that way all year basically.

FIREBABY

dfyb said:

as explained last night, pop-in isn't going to happen the same way every time. it wasn't that consistent on the ps2 GTA games and it isn't going to be consistent on GTAIV. so posting an example of it not happening does not in any way debunk the fact that it DID happen before, and COULD happen again.

it's already been established that the ps3 version has pop-in to some extent -- but it is also established that the 360 version does have MORE pop-in to a significant degree.
:lol :lol Keep grasping. You've almost got it.

OverHeat

« generous god »
dfyb said:

Well if the 360 version was running at 630p like the PS3 version it would have less pop up.....

Bailout.gif :lol

Kabuki Waq said:

For Bioshock you would just hold down LB and RB while the game booted up. Not sure if that was just for that game in particular though.

Justin Dailey said:
Interestingly enough:

14. PS3 40GB console

AMazon has always been a good estimator of sales just days before its release

dfyb

Banned
OverHeat said:
Well if the 360 version was running at 630p like the PS3 version it would have less pop up.....

Bailout.gif :lol
maybe. but it's not, and there is no 630p option for the 360 version. so i don't see how that is relevant.

ThatHurt

Justin Dailey said:
Interestingly enough:

14. PS3 40GB console

by your logic wii fit.. the mario cart game and the nintendo wheel will out sell gta.. I mean they are #1 #2 and #3
Funny how these change every hour.

Baker

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
IGN, 1up, and Gametrailers DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THE POP-IN AT ALL. Can we please take that to mean something? Maybe just at least a little...?

I didn't mention that I have a dill pickle wedged in my anus right now, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Tieno

dfyb said:
wait, you seriously think he created the pop-in....? what the fuck :lol
No, afaik it was a review copy. The other gifs are from a retail copy.
That tree was probably a glitch/bug.

Banned
Darunia said:
access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X.
For Oblivion you just held down A when it was booting, if I remember correctly. (same with Morrowind)

To clear the cache for other games, and remove all patches, you can use that code though.

TheDuce22 said:
It seems that the review build has more pop-up than the retail version though, so there may not be as much/any difference between them now.

zig

dfyb said:

Agreed except for the significant degree part. Every comparison has said the 360 has slightly more pop-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom