• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelsonroyale said:
seriously people are trying very hard....

To be honest, 630p or whatever, virtually every view has given the very slight nod to ps3... cant people accept it and leave it, or must they try keep on trying to find obscure ways to disprove what has been stated...?

Everybody who has played the 360 version has said it looks excellent, cant it be left at that???

The problem is, for the rest of time, we will look back on the one defining characteristic of a video game (resolution) and it will forever read: 630p.

I can tell my children I didn't lower my standards for Sony or anyone else.

I played GTA4 in 720p. Damn right I did.

OverHeat

« generous god »
CoG said:
Uh oh. That's the worst possible thing to say to a Kuro fanboy.

The kuro is the ultimate display of last year and if I did not buy my set in 2006 (kdsr60xbr2)

I would have bought a PDP-5010FD (1080p) in a heartbeat

jaaz

Death Dealer said:
He doesn't need evidence to state an opinion. How could it be ? Because there is more to graphics than the native resolution.

Yeah, it's not the size of the pixels, it's how you use them!

Of course, I don't have THAT problem. Just saying. :0

Haunted

Davidion said:
Damn, even the Gamecube is getting dragged into this one. :lol
I love Free For Alls.

And could somebody finally tell me which version the respective screens in darkx10's post belonged to, please?

Variable

Does anyone have a link to that Charles Manson gif of him going crazy during an interview? That pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole thread.

PortoG

gregor7777 said:
The problem is, for the rest of time, we will look back on the one defining characteristic of a video game (resolution) and it will forever read: 630p.

Lol :lol

But how many people know the truth about the resolution in PS3 version ? :D

JayDub

dfyb said:
wow

guess it depends on how you percieve "significant"

i was talking more along the lines of "significant enough to notice" -- if it was less significant than that, nobody would notice the difference. but it doesn't seem to be night and day, no.

Like someone said, keep grasping. Oh, and dont think for a moment that adding ":lol " after every sentence is going to get you any points.

"Significant enough to notice.." well hey, every review says that they noticed it on the PS3 too did they not?

You do know that, as an unwritten rule, reviewers are required to say something, ANYTHING, that is a flaw. It seems like you just took one sentence from every review, "If we were forced to pick out a flaw, it would be that the 360 version has slightly more pop-in than the PS3 version," and ignored ALL the other statements.

Some reviewers went as far as to CONFIRM that they are nitpicking.

Anyone has a link to the "Top Ten things Fanboys Do" list? This guy will fit every bullet point.

CoG

OverHeat said:
The kuro is the ultimate display of last year and if I did not buy my set in 2006 (kdsr60xbr2)

I would have bought a PDP-5010FD (1080p) in a heartbeat

I know. Which goes to the point that resolution is not everything. A 1080p Vizio is still going to look like crap compared to a 768p Kuro.

nib95

Banned
qirex99 said:
bitter tears indeed...

:lol :lol

Bitter tears? What?

So the PS3 version looks better, runs better, has far less pop-in, less load times and so on, and somehow it's still bitter tears? Am I understanding this logic correctly?

Tieno

Haunted One said:
mt1114812009.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMb8Csll9Ws&feature=related

OverHeat

« generous god »
CoG said:
I know. Which goes to the point that resolution is not everything. A 1080p Vizio is still going to look like crap compared to a 768p Kuro.

Well I dont think my 1080p KDSR60XBR2 ISF calibrated set look like crap compared to the 768p Kuro ;)

Banned
MidgarBlowedUp said:
Yep, just like RE4 on PS2 had 33% MORE pixels than the GC version. Still, the GC version looked better. It was the superior version.
Actually, the PS2 and Wii versions are just scaled, aren't they?

Glaciadluz said:
Lol :lol

But how many people know the truth about the resolution in PS3 version ? :D

As I think I've mentioned previously in this very thread, the key here has always been the Gamestop employee.

I'm sure enough of them read here, so they'll know about the PS3 version's fatal flaw by the time customers are in the stores looking to make their purchase, but just in case I wouldn't be against you going around to your local game stores with a printout just to be sure.

Salmonax

I, for one, am very pleased that I'll be playing the True HD™ version on the 360. On a positive note for all gaming enthusiasts, the sub-HD console war just got a lot more interesting. Hey Nintendo, make room for Sony!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Victrix said:
I'm pleased that this thread is on track to exceed the official thread in a matter of days. thisisneogafdude.gif

Wait til the NPD Sales version of this thread. There will be blood.

Barakov

gregor7777 said:
As I think I've mentioned previously in this very thread, the key here has always been the Gamestop employee.

I'm sure enough of them read here, so they'll know about the PS3 version's fatal flaw by the time customers are in the stores looking to make their purchase, but just in case I wouldn't be against you going around to your local game stores with a printout just to be sure.

Fatal flaw? :lol

Jea Song

Did the right thing
If I said, the only reason why I refuse to buy the xbox 360 version, is because fear of my xbox recieving the RROD sentence...would that be a legit reason?

danwarb

Haunted One said:
I love Free For Alls.

And could somebody finally tell me which version the respective screens in darkx10's post belonged to, please?
I think the blurrier one on the left is PS3.

StevieP

Banned
Salmonax said:
I, for one, am very pleased that I'll be playing the True HD™ version on the 360. On a positive note for all gaming enthusiasts, the sub-HD console war just got a lot more interesting. Hey Nintendo, make room for Sony!

Shit like this should be banned. How did you enjoy Halo 3 and CoD4?

First off, TrueHD is a Dolby certification for audio. Second, the only version that will be able to scale up to 1080p or higher will be the PC version.

Sandman7

gregor7777 said:

We must fight against all those trying to belittle us. Regardless of RROD, WE SHALL OVERCOME!

Davidion

Jea Song said:
If I said, the only reason why I refuse to buy the xbox 360 version, is because fear of my xbox recieving the RROD sentence...would that be a legit reason?

I wouldn't mention it again, people may begin issuing death threats.

artist

Banned
Salmonax said:
Bitter tears, it is!

Salmonax said:

Well, that's not completely accurate:

resolution_GTA4_chart.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
StevieP said:
Shit like this should be banned. How did you enjoy Halo 3 and CoD4?

First off, TrueHD is a Dolby certification for audio. Second, the only version that will be able to scale up to 1080p or higher will be the PC version.

He was joking. Crimeny.

jaaz

Salmonax said:

360 version is 1080p native confirmed?!?

Jea Song said:

Why do you keep that frightening nest of horrors around if you don't want to use it? It's just as likely to grow teeth and eat your fun playing Gears Of War 2 as it is Grand Theft Auto 4.

What if that B3D guy is wrong in counting pixels in just this one instance? Man, that would be epic. Another 5K posts at least??? That would be epic fun.

MirageDwarf said:
What if that B3D guy is wrong in counting pixels in just this one instance? Man, that would be epic. Another 5K posts at least??? That would be epic fun.

The fact that apparently this is all based on a screen shot posted on IGN makes me wonder... a bit.

Baker

Banned
gregor7777 said:

I just preordered over lunch (PS3) and the manager didn't say anything. He just laughed because I kept telling him I wasn't going to buy it for the past four months.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Do you think if the devs had delayed the PS3 version for a couple of more months that they might have achieved true 720p ?

jaaz

Spy said:
I'm not speaking for any side but who cares if the Playstation 3 version is 630p if it looks better?

First Rule of Comparison Threads: Do not bring logic and common sense into the thread.

Second Rule of Comparison Threads: See the first rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom