• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 Thread of Review Scores

I kinda like the House pictures but I think that's 'cause I'm attracted to Hugh.

Do you think that's because he's actually cute or am I influenced by the fact that he's a doctor?

FightyF

Banned
Ozorov said:
Gamereactor Sweden : 10/10, 10/10
Gamereactor Denmark : 10/10, 10/10
Gamereactor Norway : 10/10

Holy crap. 4 PERFECT scores, just like that!

10...perfection. Absolutely perfect. Without flaw.

Halo 3 =
200px-Curt_Hennig.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Jesus-fucking-christ, if you have to play Halo on Normal difficulty, you shouldn't be reviewing Halo. You either not an FPS player, or there is no challenge.

Tieno

Timedog said:
Jesus-fucking-christ, if you have to play Halo on Normal difficulty, you shouldn't be reviewing Halo. You either not an FPS player, or there is no challenge.
To be fair, a lot of the reviewers were put into situations by MS where they had to finish the game under a deadline.

Fallout-NL said:
Stop posting all those lame pics. No one cares.

If you answer you care. Ultra-mega LOL. It is SO easy to organise a trap on GAF. Think about how you have reacted to my posts guys and you'll discover how you were pathetics. :lol

Play more. Care less about reviews ! No doubts this game is a monster AAA, but think for a moment at your attitudes.

p3tran

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Ultra-mega LOL. It is SO easy to organise a trap on GAF. Think about how do you react to my posts guys. :lol

ok, but you
and a couple of others ;)
think about how you react to halo reviews

FightyF

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
If you answer you care. Ultra-mega LOL. It is SO easy to organise a trap on GAF. Think about how do you react to my posts guys and you'll discover how you were pathetics. :lol

Looks like you were the one reacting harshly to all the perfect scores.

Prine

Banned
I need that Halo night music vid. To scared to search on youtube incase i come accross spoilers in video titles!!!

Link please :) ??

Xirj

God damn what is with the Ars Technica review? They say they are reviewing Halo 3, but only review the SP campaign...Where's the 4 player co-op review and the multiplayer. Bah.. I usually love Ars reviews but this time the apple has fallen far from the tree.

Lakitu

st5fu
fart said:
i was writing this for the quartertothree review, but that thread got closed, maybe because it was TOO EDGY FOR GAF
i kid i kid

very well put

it's an endemic problem.

at one point, JJ and (the late-ish) Alex S. had to put things together that would keep their self-publishing business going, every other day being kind of a sanford and sons-esque big one, as all their compatriots slowed and crumbled like time lapse fruit flies. post-buyout, it's really just been JJ and millions of dollars indulging his pulpy sci-fi auteur fantasies. meanwhile, above him the xbox leadership team is pushing their corporate deadlines (recall that "deadline" was previously absent from the bungie corporate lexicon, and a byline of their buyout contract was (seriously!) that release deadlines would not be imposed), and below him you've got fat, opportunistic yes-men like the disembodied 40 gallon drum that is Jamie G's fat head, and others who have been similarly spoiled by being social kings of the hill at the most feudal software company in the world.

the old school bungie team was capable of some pretty amazing things when given the appropriate motivation. for a time, halo was the most promising strategy game in production, and looked likely to be groundbreaking in ways that still haven't been introduced to this day in its absence.

and now, what do we get? marathon 5 with marty's million dollar cinematics. great.

What are you blabbering about?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
If you answer you care. Ultra-mega LOL. It is SO easy to organise a trap on GAF. Think about how you have reacted to my posts guys and you'll discover how you were pathetics. :lol

Think about the awe inspiring horses. Try out some of these avatars I made.

horse-avatar.gif

horse-avatar-2.gif

horse-avatar-3.gif

FightyF said:
Looks like you were the one reacting harshly to all the perfect scores.

Oh shit. It was a test. I repeat: I have NOTHING against this game. I could have done this for another random game, but this thread is very active right now. And the incredible thing is that it's not the first time I've done it, but it's inevitable that every time SO many guys fall in the same stupid trap. Oh maaaaan. It's the GAF. Without common sense.

Xirj said:
God damn what is with the Ars Technica review? They say they are reviewing Halo 3, but only review the SP campaign...Where's the 4 player co-op review and the multiplayer. Bah.. I usually love Ars reviews but this time the apple has fallen far from the tree.

I've never trusted PC gaming focused sites with console reviews, especially when it's Halo ;). There's an agenda at some.

zoku88

Wow, Ars Technica really pounded Halo 3 score-wise. Not surprising, since they were prolly comparing it to all of the PC shooters in their minds. Not very fair ;)

I kid

or am I?

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

Play more. Care less about reviews ! No doubts this game is a monster AAA, but think for a moment at your attitudes.

Welcome to my ignore list.

TheDuce22

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Oh shit. It was a test. I repeat: I have NOTHING against this game. I could have done this for another random game, but this thread is very active right now. And the incredible thing is that it's not the first time I've done it, but it's inevitable that every time SO many guys fall in the same stupid trap. Oh maaaaan. It's the GAF. Without common sense.

He tricked you guys!! Dont you get it!!! If you think hes trolling or has something against HALO that means you fell for the trick.

Timedog said:
Think about the awe inspiring horses. Try out some of these avatars I made.

horse-avatar.gif

horse-avatar-2.gif

horse-avatar-3.gif
Ahahahahahahahaha! Oh, holy shit! I am in tears. :lol

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Hey. Listen, moron. The only way to remove an annoyance is to address it. Addressing something doesn't exactly mean that we give a shit.

With that said.

Be true, gentle warrior. Stay with me through the night, my fine stallion; you incredible and powerful beast.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just saw the thread, and I got too much of a headache to read through it all, but excellent job on maintaining the OP Tieno & all involved... and as expected of a great game (from personal hands-on experience in the beta plus everything else I've read about and seen, it's great to see that Bungie has pulled through in the reviews with Halo 3 - congrats Bungie!

But what's the deal with ars technica's "piece of a review"? Never really knew about this site or read its reviews but why pull a Eurogamer and only partially review a game? It's just stupid - just wait till whenever you feel its right to review the game as a whole instead of trying to make the rush of releasing the review right when the enbargo lifts... oh well...

I won't be reading any of the full reviews till I beat the game, since I bet some reviews probably dropped a few hints of spoilers here and there, so thanks for the summaries as well Tieno...

FightyF

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:

Well, it didn't look like a trap.

It looked like you were genuinely offended or taken aback by all the great scores, many of them being perfect 10/10s.

fart: Maybe these "groundbreaking" elements could be put into Halo Wars? Perhaps Halo Wars could be what Halo was originally meant to be?

LaneDS

This seems like a nice spoiler free thread to ask in regarding online co-op.

Does anyone know if you can do two (or three even?) people per console for the online co-op? Or is it one person per console, up to four people, for this mode?

Hoping to play with a buddy splitscreen and a couple other people in different locations, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Top Bottom