• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The High-end VR Discussion Thread (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Playstation VR)

I got my processing email from HTC as well, but when I asked they said my Vive would ship in May. So I doubt this means it's happening any sooner.

Yeah, I see a bunch of comments on reddit from people saying the same thing. Still hoping enough people cancel or whatever to be bumped up. I'm only a couple of minutes away!

Zalusithix

I got my processing email from HTC as well, but when I asked they said my Vive would ship in May. So I doubt this means it's happening any sooner.

Yeah, this must be sent to everybody. I highly doubt I somehow moved from May to first batch in April. I'd check my order using the digital river link, but it's useless for me. Can't retrieve my order - probably due using steam login while ordering originally.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
All those preorder/package sent/processed talk in the Rift/Vive threads makes me sad, but also happy for you guys. At least I finally got my hands on two Move controllers, next up: Camera. Then, the wait for October begins.

Vive preorders are being processed! Just got mine UK, looks like the guy I spoke to was truthful about some countries getting them before the 5th!

I was able to change my payment with HTC by contacting the E-Commerce department and asking for Fernando.

Also, he said I was in the earliest shipment and today would've been my last day to change my credit card without needing to move to a later shipping wave.

So FYI, if you know you need to change payment info and you're early, do it today! Call 866-449-8358, ask for E-Commerce and Fernando and he'll help.

bj00rn_

Banned
Got my email and checked my staus but still didnt see any estimated arrival time anywhere.

You are doing it wrong! Read the processing mail, kick back, close your eyes and take your time to enjoy the "it's happening isn't it.." moment

..And perhaps then check the facts and get back to reality where one or two weeks will feel like one or two years.

Lunar FC

You are doing it wrong! Read the processing mail, kick back, close your eyes and take your time to enjoy the "it's happening isn't it.." moment

..And perhaps then check the facts and get back to reality where one or two weeks will feel like one or two years.

Well should I be getting this email if I'm likely wave 2?

I got one too! According to the Email they sent me a few days ago I'm supposed to be in the second wave despite ordering no more than 10 minutes after it went live. I hope they surprise us with early shipments!

Here is the picture included for whoever is interested.

ImageProxy.mvc
In the Box
•Base station x 2
• Sync cable
• Base station power adapter x2
• Mounting kit
• Link box
• Link box mounting pad
• Link box power adapter
• HDMI cable
• USB cable
• Earbuds
• Alternate face cushion (narrow)
• Cleaning cloth
• Documentation
• Headset with 3-in-1 cable and audio cable
• Controller (with lanyard) x 2
• Micro USB charger x 2

I got one too! According to the Email they sent me a few days ago I'm supposed to be in the second wave despite ordering no more than 10 minutes after it went live. I hope they surprise us with early shipments!

Here is the picture included for whoever is interested.

ImageProxy.mvc

I think everyone is getting the emails, but they are about to start shipping out the first guys onward.

HP ENVY Phoenix 860-008na Gaming PC
Intel® Core™ i7-6700 processor
NVIDIA Maxwell GTX980Ti 6Gb GDDR5
16Gb RAM
128Gb SSD + 2Tb (2000Gb) HDD storage
Bang & Olufsen audio
DVD writer
Ports: 4 x USB 2.0; 4 x USB 3.0; 15-in-1 memory card reader
Windows 10

Winging its way to me for Thursday. £1200 till Wednesday, with both Vive and Oculus on order as well this forum and the hype it creates is costing me a fortune.

Just got to keep telling myself it's a business expense, it is.... Stop looking at me like that.... Guys.... Guys!

Just got an email from HTC that my order is processing. When I ordered it gave an estimated Ship date of May. Does that mean mine is shipping in the first wave?

Justin

Someone on Reddit just posted they called HTC and was told the email went out to everyone and nothing has changed in terms of estimated ship dates.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just got an email from HTC that my order is processing. When I ordered it gave an estimated Ship date of May. Does that mean mine is shipping in the first wave?

Yes.
No.
Maybe?

Either HTC have suddenly found a ton of units from nowhere, or more likely they are just converting everyone to a 'processing' stage en masse

artsi

Or it's just a "we've received your order" type of mail, instead of any indication of it shipping soon.

Zalusithix

Yes.
No.
Maybe?

Either HTC have suddenly found a ton of units from nowhere, or more likely they are just converting everyone to a 'processing' stage en masse

If they did manage to ship every outstanding order immediately, it'd put one hell of a dent in Oculus sales as people with later Rift orders jump ship. I really don't think this is the case, but it'd be pretty crazy if it was.

UnrealEck

Some people at Reddit actually believe he's a scalper, not having a gaming rig, etc.

That would be awkward if a Palmer signed Rift went on sale to eBay tomorrow.

He didn't even go to Alaska. That's a set in hollywood with a few rocks and sand.

Zalusithix

Awful, it would have to be some guy with absolutely no personality whatsoever.

If that happened to me I'd be much the same way. Assuming I couldn't opt out at least. Give me my unit and get the hell out. I wouldn't want to be streamed on Facebook for everybody to judge me. Not everybody wants the role of a celebrity. Particularly when there's no real benefit.

UnrealEck

I currently have an i5 2500k in my computer. How does that compare to the i5 4590? Would that be considered an equivalent?

I think the 4590 is a fair bit faster. Going by benchmarks. But in games it might not be as noticeable. Thought, it is VR, so that's an added point of interest.
They'll probably perform similarly with the 4590 getting a slight edge.

We really need a thread that explains what VR is, how it works, what we can expect.

The "other thread" seems to be spawning from 2012:

- vr is like 3d

- no one wants to put things on their faces

- it's not mainstream

- *insert stale old argument*.

Jeez.

Just wait, soon there'll be news of a theft at that guys house, and then that rift gets sold on the black market to a crazy collector.

Not sure how serious I am/not.

Still waiting on US KS unit

Zalusithix

We really need a thread that explains what VR is, how it works, what we can expect.

- vr is like 3d

- it's not mainstream

Jeez.
Other thread? The apathy one? The DOA one? The fad/flop one? There's been so many. =P People really want VR to die.

viveks86

Yes.
No.
Maybe?

If they did manage to ship every outstanding order immediately, it'd put one hell of a dent in Oculus sales as people with later Rift orders jump ship. I really don't think this is the case, but it'd be pretty crazy if it was.

You guys should do this again (in case you have already done it) and see what happens

Cyriades

Got a PS4 and VR ready PC, I'd take a $600 Oculus with much high quality VR over a $500 PSVR (w/move and camera) any day.

"high quality VR over a $500 PSVR "

What high quality? Many who played both say there's no substantial difference between them visually.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

- vr is like 3d

- it's not mainstream

Jeez.

Why would one even read "the other thread"? You know from the title what's its purpose so why would anybody interested in VR even go there?

You guys should do this again (in case you have already done it) and see what happens

Is this any different from contacting HTC's number and asking? Last time I called was a few days ago and they reaffirmed my May window (got the email today too). Some seem to think htc reps have no idea what's happening with the shipping though.

Frozone

"high quality VR over a $500 PSVR "

What high quality? Many who played both say there's no substantial difference between them visually.

I doubt this. That resolution gap and the way it renders (no reprojection) is pretty signficant imo. Built-in audio, and superior controllers make up the difference in price.

Why would one even read "the other thread"? You know from the title what's its purpose so why would anybody interested in VR even go there?

to fill up my ignore list?

To have an interesting discussion? I know, I'm crazy. xD

Still, it speaks volumes about the relative obscurity of VR to the public; even if the thread is clearly an anti-VR one.

Top Bottom