• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGiff

7eslVcG.jpg

The official trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is finally here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAgTiBrrDA

Previous teaser trailer featuring "The Edge of Night" by Billy Boyd.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863506&highlight=hobbit+trailer

Screencaps:

Items of note in the trailer:

Lake-town aflame
Character reactions to the descent of Thorin Oakenshield (Bilbo, Bard, Thranduil, Dwalin, Kili)
The White Council confronting Sauron and the Nine in Dol Guldur
Legolas and Tauriel discovering the war-bred giant bats at Mt. Gundabad
The armies of Good and Evil amassing
Thorin vs. Azog
Legolas vs. Bolg

Outside of TV spots, it’s quite likely that this will be the final trailer for Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth saga. It has been an amazing journey, and hopefully this final installment will deliver. For now, we have one question to answer: how shall this day end?

Don’t forget to spoiler-tag plot developments and speculation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Darklord

Banned
I'm still sad the hobbit movies look so "fake". The glowly look and the CGI orcs make it all look so cheap and shitty compared to LOTR. I'll still see it though, it looks fun.

Won

Man, Smaug got so robbed in this adaption.

Looks like Lee Pace wants to save the movie all by himself. He might even be able to do it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just watched it.

So where the fuck is Smaug?

Moppeh

Banned
Seems cool, but the battle itself is going to outweigh killing Smaug so much, it is kind of ridiculous. I still don't understand why they left Smaug's death to this final film when there is this epic battle that is going to happen right after.

Why didn't they just cut out those shitty love triangle scenes and murder the fuck out of Smaug? You know, so there was an actual climax in the second film. Did we even get any Smaug footage in that trailer? He's probably going to die 10 minutes in and movie-goers are going to forget about him by the end of the movie. I can understand a lot of the decisions Jackson has made with this film (some of these were bad, others were good), but I will never understand the point of having that idiotic cliffhanger at the end. It made that shitty second movie worst, and that decision could completely fuck up the pacing of the third film. I just don't get it.

Not to mention this all devalues Smaug as a villain. What a friggin' shame.

Should be fun, that last screencap looks really nice. The cgi in this series is overkill but that looks really stylized in a good way

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Honestly this shit is so far from The Hobbit I don't even care, I'm mostly looking forward to the added in White Council/Sauron stuff.

I'm sad to say this trailer does nothing for me, except remind me that the dwarves are just a bunch of assholes.

Plus the scenes with synchronized movements by the elves and trolls, just screams "hey look CGI!" I lost the immersive feel of LOTR.

Amazing how they don't even show smaug after the ending of the last movie, also I want to point out that this whole movie is just the last 72 pages of the book.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What what what
Saruman going head to head with Sauron? spoilers
I read somewhere (probably here) that it was galadriel that saved Gandalf and her powers completely demolished the castle, is that not true? Was really looking forward to her kicking ass

Very hyped for this final installment. I do find it a little odd that they aren't playing up Smaug's attack more considering the first two films were leading up to it. I get that the battle is bigger but marketing wise I find it quite surprising

smaug getting whacked in act 1 confirmed. why the hell didn't they just finish that part of the story in the last movie?

looks cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom