• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
smaug getting whacked in act 1 confirmed. why the hell didn't they just finish that part of the story in the last movie?

looks cool though.

I'll never understand that move. Completely ruined the ending of the second film for me, and makes me worried the third one is going to feel rushed so that they can have Smaug's smotation AND get all the shit set up for the battle.

CGI dudes hitting other CGI dudes, comedy CGI vehicles, dwarves names nobody can possible remember vs bad guys no cares about

will watch for the Five Hours it takes to unfold

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
wait holy fuck
were they dwarf trained troll catapults?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
What what what
Saruman going head to head with Sauron? spoilers
I read somewhere (probably here) that it was galadriel that saved Gandalf and her powers completely demolished the castle, is that not true? Was really looking forward to her kicking ass

Get Edmond on the line, but from everything I remember
he was merely "driven out" of Dol Guldur by the members of the White Council.
No specifics, so they have plenty of room to make shit up, which they have availed themselves of quite readily.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Get Edmond on the line, but from everything I remember
he was merely "driven out" of Dol Guldur by the members of the White Council.
No specifics, so they have plenty of room to make shit up, which they have availed themselves of quite readily.

to be fair having rewatched the trailer
she does seem to be cradling Gandalf surrounded by the nine so she may fuck them up, but later on it seems like shes on the floor broken holding onto someone else so who knows

v interested to see if they play up the Saruman/Sauron alliance

iuxion

Already looks infinitely more entertaining than the entire LOTR trilogy, just like the previous Hobbit films.

Well, I like The Hobbit movies more than the last two LOTR movies.

Fellowship of the Ring continues to tower over them all, though.

strafer

tumblr_nbhvpxxXDR1tuelbso3_500.gif

tumblr_nbhvpxxXDR1tuelbso1_500.gif

tumblr_nbhvpxxXDR1tuelbso5_500.gif

tumblr_nbhvpxxXDR1tuelbso7_500.gif

tumblr_nbhvpxxXDR1tuelbso6_500.gif

Better than I was expecting. Sounds like Shore finally decided to give a damn for this final soundtrack.

Also, this is no longer Bilbo's story. The main character gets 10 seconds of screentime and one line. Shame.

NeoGiff

Better than I was expecting. Sounds like Shore finally decided to give a damn for this final soundtrack.

Also, this is no longer Bilbo's story. The main character gets 10 seconds of screentime and one line. Shame.

I'm pretty sure that's not Shore's work.

Necrovex

I can't wait to see how that romantic Dwarf/Elf arc ends!...Oh and I guess I'm exciting for the rest of the film too.

Already looks infinitely more entertaining than the entire LOTR trilogy, just like the previous Hobbit films.

Jesus, God no.

Soundtrack in the trailer was great. Build-up was great too. And then I saw the love interest again, Legolas and so many CG Orks that I reigned in my expectations again.

Well, it probably will at least be entertaining.

Um... I'm confused.

I thought the bad guy was Smaug. Who's the bad guy for this movie? I don't know what to expect.

Kind of book spoilers for those that don't want it answered:

He is, but multiple races want to claim the treasure that he has. Battle of the five armies.

Looks pretty terrible imho, just like the other two hobbit movies.
I still maintain that turning the book into a single, more light hearted movie, would be way better than the mess of a story they got in this trilogy.

Nokterian

This looks awesome! Can't wait to see this with my mom in december we have been going to all of LOTR movies and now the hobbit together.

jett

D-Member
It's funny how everything in the trailer has little to no connection to how DOS ended. This whole TRIOLOGY is a mess. I'll watch it out of obligation.

I have no clue about The Hobbit (or any of the LOTR books) in general, so I was shocked when the dragon didn't die at end of DOS. I enjoyed DOS much more than Hobbit 1 but I will check this out when it hits VOD

I hate going to the movies at the actual cinema

It's funny how everything in the trailer has little to no connection to how DOS ended. This whole TRIOLOGY is a mess. I'll watch it out of obligation.

But... it did. At the end of DoS, two things have happened:

1) The Dwarves have reclaimed Erebor and their treasure.
2) Smaug is flying to Lake-town to set it on fire.

Literally everything that happens in the trailer is the direct result of at least one of these things.

There are scenes in the trailer that are directly related to the events at the end of that movie, and there are scenes occurring in Lake Town which is where Smaug was headed at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom