• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari"

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Unlikely. I’ve seen too many comments that insist you must not have read, or you simply don’t understand if you don’t agree with a certain narrative.

Twitter : if you think Aziz is innocent, you aren’t understanding the issues.

So everyone else is just wrong.

I think someone already said Reset closed the thread once media didn’t agree to blame Aziz.
The other forum is the worst of this forum prior to the Exodus.

I posted in that thread ‘I don’t believe victim blaming is a good term here because it’s arguable there is a victim’

‘You have been warned by penguin’ reason ‘victim blaming’

That forum is a joke on issues like this, you have to be of the mindset of the silly 23 year old girls that wrote that hit piece or you are ‘part of the problem’. You are not supposed to judge each separate incident on the available evidence/stories.

Honestly the place just feels like the 2018 version of bra burners from years gone by and I really think most of the forum is extremely socially conservative and really think some of the loudest opinions come from people with 0 sexual experience.

Its weird as I’m politically left leaning but I find the combination of left political ideals combined with extremely socially conservative attitudes to be really repellent.

luxsol

I really think most of the forum is extremely socially conservative
This is hilarious and reminds me of some guy who got warned or banned over there for saying they're as bad as the Christians and "parent groups" in the 80s who wanted to ban everything sexual and violent in the media. That was doubly hilarious because of that warning/ban.

But that's to be expected from a forum that prided itself for being content creators (regugitators of news) that made GAF popular, spending all their hours arguing online over stupid shit and hating on every little thing someone progressive should hate on like a good boy should, including calling their own members misogynists, gamergaters, racists, and trolls for not liking the new Star Wars movies because it stars a black man and female.

I think this thread is a little too much though... which isn't to say it's gone full retard right, unlike RE's threads going full tard left, but I don't think there's enough opinions for the left. Which is to say that this thread feels too one sided and i think that is keeping others from disagreeing with certain people being too harsh in their view.

I miss the more multi-sided views we used to get from 2002 to 2006 (2007?). People weren't afraid of actually expressing their opinions and being honest with their views back then. 2006/2007 is right around when we started seeing unpopular opinions being dogpiled, trying to get various members banned by pushing their buttons as hard as possible, and actually arguing with mods to get others banned. For a while, i basically saw this place as the bizarro version of 4chan, but I eventually realized that 4chan was actually far more progressive and fair than most people give them credit for (except for /pol/). RE is definitely a bizarro /pol/ at times though.

Top Bottom