• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

clarky

Gold Member
Same. I actually dropped BG3 after just over 11 hours because I knew I wouldn't finish it before Starfield. Just over a week left to go!

BothPracticalJavalina-size_restricted.gif
Same. But now I have nothing to do for a week.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Same. But now I have nothing to do for a week.

I would have said play FO4 but one week is probably not enough.

Watch some of the space movies that twitter account recommended a few days ago. Interstellar and such.

edit:

See trailing tweets for more recommendations.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Pete Hines said modded will be able to add planets.

How long until we have the entire Skyrim map added to Starfield?

And I sure hope we see this modded in sooner than later.

winne.jpg

I wanna know what the modding setup for consoles will be, if at all, both FO4 and Skyrim support a very decent number of mods on Xbox (less on PS due to some arbitrary Sony restriction iirc).

-

On topic, just downloaded the Premium content, the art book and OST is 16GB, seems pretty large for just art and music tracks. But even that is locked till the early access release date :(

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Pete Hines said modded will be able to add planets.

How long until we have the entire Skyrim map added to Starfield?

And I sure hope we see this modded in sooner than later.

winne.jpg
I’m guessing custom modded ships will be one of the first things that gets done en masse. I expect to the see the Normandy pretty quickly.

There’s so much potential when it comes to mods for this game.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
In an interview at Gamescon yesterday, Phil said that Starfield felt more Oblivion than Skyrim.

I find it funny that he said that, as Starfield is the most hyped game for me, since Oblivion. And I’ve stated this numerous times.

What does that statement mean to you guys? More Oblivion than Skyrim.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
In an interview at Gamescon yesterday, Phil said that Starfield felt more Oblivion than Skyrim.

I find it funny that he said that, as Starfield is the most hyped game for me, since Oblivion. And I’ve stated this numerous times.

oblivion was xbox exclusive for a time , skyrim was multiplat at launch

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

More fun. More role playing options. Wonder and discovery around every corner.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think Phil meant that Oblivion was more about exploration from curiosity. Oblivion felt like the next evolutionary step for the Elder Scrolls series.

I think Starfield is the next evolutionary step for the genre.

Skyrim was way more fun than Oblivion to me.

Oblivion had those gates, and unkillable trolls that always used to attack me while fast travelling.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
i got it....................he meant the upgrade in tech feels similar somewhat

"So the overhaul in our engine is the largest we've probably ever had, maybe larger than Morrowind to Oblivion."

Havoc2049

This is the first Bethesda RPG for this gen. Morrowind and Oblivion were different generations so there was a greater sense of an amazing game ahead of you and awe when leaving the dungeon in Oblivion for the first time and the world opened up before you. Oblivion and Skyrim were in the same gen and the sense of awe when leaving the prison for the first time in Skyrim didn't feel as great.

Also to me me anyways and other Bethesda RPG fans have expressed this as well, the RPG elements in Skyrim felt a little too dumbed downed compared to past Elder Scrolls games, so maybe that and that trend downward is ending.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Also to me me anyways and other Bethesda RPG fans have expressed this as well, the RPG elements in Skyrim felt a little too dumbed downed compared to past Elder Scrolls games, so maybe that and that trend downward is ending.
I sure hope so. The general public has caught up I think.

MMaRsu

Gamescom is open to public today.

I guess there is some tiny little hype for this game afterall.

Bro delete that tweet that guy is lying for engagement. These are the entrance doors to the south hall. Starfield is NOT playable and this NOT the line.

adamsapple

Bro delete that tweet that guy is lying for engagement. These are the entrance doors to the south hall. Starfield is NOT playable and this NOT the line.

The original video is from this trailing account, not the guy whose tweet is in my post.

The video shows the general gamescom line but he also talks about the Starfield line.

Last edited:

Vblad88

I wish I knew what this hype is all about, Vanilla No Man's Sky meets Fallout 4 meets Mass Effect Andromeda... which part of this recipe does not look mediocre ?

Vblad88

I mean, this is just blatant trolling, right?
Eh, not really, I just... see those 3 games combined and slightly retouched, with mandatory bland looking rock structures and flashy particle effects to make sure it has "2023" release stamp on it (hello again FF16). We are excited about procedural planets or what ?

Last edited:

nordique

Eh, not really, I just... see those 3 games combined and slightly retouched, with mandatory bland looking rock structures and flashy particle effects to make sure it has "2023" release stamp on it (hello again FF16). We are excited about procedural planets or what ?

Passing judgement on a game you’ve never played? That would never happen on the internet!

twilo99

Gold Member
Are they selling more consoles because of this game? I thought that's how that is supposed to work in the console world..

naguanatak

We are excited about procedural planets or what ?
I am, yeah 😎
One thing Hello Games wanted to do but didn't is orbital physics...
If Starfield were barebones, without quests or combat...just the ability to travel to different planets, finding flora/fauna, seeing awe inspiring landscapes, stars, planets and moons rising and setting, hopefully solar eclipses would be enough for me to pay 100€ and play the game for 100hours. The last one was a dream of mine before NMS released, tracking down the perfect location for a solar eclipse. Didn't happen, I am hoping it does here.
But yeah, there are people with weird tastes. I like lonely games that are boring to others... Have no desire to play CoD or any competitive game for that matter, I don't get the appeal, but I understand that others do

Last edited:
Top Bottom