• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

Topher

Gold Member

That looks like flight stick support to me.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

MMaRsu

I’m sure BG3 is great, but I just can’t do tiny people CRPG stuff. It’s so unimmersive and fiddly. Even if it’s a better game than Starfield, I’m still going with Todd.

I thought bg3 is amazing, at least Act 1. But I put it down for now and will return later when im done with Starfield and the game has had some more patches.

NewYork214

I haven't been following the game super close. Doubt my pc can run it. Plan on upgrading in the somewhat near future. Watched only few trailers.

What's the basis of the story? Have they announced much?

TrueGrime

Planet to space transition

This is the option Elite Dangerous sorely needed and to a lesser extent, No Man's Sky. At least in NMS, everything in the system took less than 40 seconds to get to. Meanwhile in Elite, some far off planets and stations could take around 10 minutes. 15 at the most from the arrival point. Getting Atmos entries right was a pain in the fucking ass to where if you didn't get it right, it was a long way down from your emergency descent. Thank you for this, Bethesda.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It would be badass if there was a super massive Black Hole in the center of the Galaxy.

The trailers have already hinted at some cosmic level shit, we're probably gonna get some of ancient space race stuff for sure, maybe black hole energy stuff as well.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Waiting for those reviews to determine if I’m playing September 1st or waiting till gamepass version.

In an interview at Gamescon yesterday, Phil said that Starfield felt more Oblivion than Skyrim.

I find it funny that he said that, as Starfield is the most hyped game for me, since Oblivion. And I’ve stated this numerous times.

What does that statement mean to you guys? More Oblivion than Skyrim.

Oblivion felt a little more....explaratory for me? Maybe that's what he means.

This is the option Elite Dangerous sorely needed and to a lesser extent, No Man's Sky. At least in NMS, everything in the system took less than 40 seconds to get to. Meanwhile in Elite, some far off planets and stations could take around 10 minutes. 15 at the most from the arrival point. Getting Atmos entries right was a pain in the fucking ass to where if you didn't get it right, it was a long way down from your emergency descent. Thank you for this, Bethesda.
Me installing an auto landing module on every ship I ever owned in Elite Dangerous knowing it triggers the fuck out of the 'real ED gamers'.

Deal Reaction GIF

I haven't been following the game super close. Doubt my pc can run it. Plan on upgrading in the somewhat near future. Watched only few trailers.

What's the basis of the story? Have they announced much?
I plan on running it on Ultra on my piece of shit PC until it’s a pile of molten copper then I’ll look at my wife and say welp, time for that upgrade!

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Might be right about the words.

It’s a weird benchmark to be sure, a line can be a single word like: “Sure!”, or an entire monologue like that priest everyone hates from Skyrim does.
When you are comparing nearly apples for apples, in a sense of the type and style of dialog, you can gain context about the breadth and variety of interaction in the world.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Oblivion felt a little more....explaratory for me? Maybe that's what he means.

it felt more exploratory until you accidentally went too far in the main quest and the damn oblivion gates started showing up

that was annoying, just taking in the beauty and a little shit spitting fireballs starts lighting you up out of nowhere

DaGwaphics

They have really started to run a lot of YT adds now, at least on gaming related videos and things like that. At least in my geographic location.

Top Bottom