• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

Ratrat

bone_and_sinew said:
I still wish they would've included the spider colossus that got cut. It looked sick.

SotC_spiderColossus.jpg
Should have been this instead of that horsey thing. 4? I think.

sublimit

Banned
Qatar said:
Awesome OT

I never got the chance to play these games, too bad I can't play them now as they need much time and I really don't have that much time these days.

Ico doesn't need that much time.

Danielsan

Qatar said:
Awesome OT

I never got the chance to play these games, too bad I can't play them now as they need much time and I really don't have that much time these days.
ICO is about 4-5 hours and Shadow of the Colossus 5-7.

Magnus

I think this was...the very first (?) HD collection there was a huge positive buzz about. Right? At least, it was the first one I personally had a huge attachment to, and I just plain can't wait, most particularly for Shadow of the Colossus in HD at a locked framerate, and ICO in widescreen. Outstanding!

Danielsan

alr1ghtstart said:
I envy all you lucky bastards that get to play these for the first time.
I would pay a lot of money to have my memory wiped so that I can play SotC again for the first time.

Magnus said:
I think this was...the very first (?) HD collection there was a huge positive buzz about. Right? At least, it was the first one I personally had a huge attachment to, and I just plain can't wait, most particularly for Shadow of the Colossus in HD at a locked framerate, and ICO in widescreen. Outstanding!

i think the only HD collections that don't have positive buzz are the Ubisoft ones

Can't wait to play them.

I want to see if they're overrated or genuinely great. I know people will quote this and say genuinely great, so don't bother :p I have my doubts and I want to try them for myself!

AEREC

Will be pre-ordering as soon as I get my $20 amazon credit from Gears3. Cant wait to play this as I have never finished either of them.

ICO: i got stuck at a point and never figured it out (i refuse to look it up online either)...hopefully that wont happen this time around.

SotC: I could never get very far in the game because the framerate was too unbearable.

anddo0

Two of the best ever in hd. :D Team ICO you have my money (again). I won't have my copy until the 28th. But it'll be worth it.

IrishNinja

TruePrime said:
It was an accident. I already Apologized to A1r, when I saw the reviews I thought he was going for a minimum type approach and letting the content speak for itself.

ah, good on you - its cool, i was just bustin' balls.

RedSwirl said:
Mind adding this into the OP for Colossus?

293kdqs.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VCI3165U

Contains:

Wallpapers
High Resolution images
Other Screenshots
Empty Press Kit
Art Book
Concepts of deleted bosses
Fan Art
Soundtrack
Speed Run Videos

nice. grabbing this now, thanks man!

HomerSimpson-Man said:
GT5 is 1280x1080. About 400,000 pixels above 720p.

Or 50% more pixels than 720p.

SotC's 1080p mode pushes 12.5% more pixels, although it seems it makes the framerate stutter from time to time. 720p mode is smooth.

bone_and_sinew said:
I still wish they would've included the spider colossus that got cut. It looked sick.

SotC_spiderColossus.jpg
If by "sick" you mean "SCARY AS FUCK KILL IT NOW!", then I agree. A lot of the colossi that they cut from the game have given me nightmares. Especially that worm one. (I think it's a worm?)

Have you guys ever had dreams based off of Wander and the Colossus? Good fucking night, they are scary as Hell.

Philanthropist said:
Or 50% more pixels than 720p.

SotC's 1080p mode pushes 12.5% more pixels, although it seems it makes the framerate stutter from time to time. 720p mode is smooth.
Fucking hell, it's ICO and SOTC, games with some of the most amazing art direction ever.

STOP TALKING ABOUT PIXELS!

toythatkills said:
Fucking hell, it's ICO and SOTC, games with some of the most amazing art direction ever.

STOP TALKING ABOUT PIXELS!
Some people care about this stuff a lot. If it's something you don't really care for, you should really keep your negative statements to yourself.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
If by "sick" you mean "SCARY AS FUCK KILL IT NOW!", then I agree. A lot of the colossi that they cut from the game have given me nightmares.
Well yeah, spiders scare the shit out of me too man. I like spiders as enemies in games since I get to kill them :p . Anytime an enemy is imposing/intimidating/scary in gaming, it makes that part of the game a lot better. I like being intimidated/scared by enemies, it adds a psychological layer to the challenge of beating them.

bone_and_sinew said:
Well yeah, spiders scare the shit out of me. I like spiders as enemies in games since I get to kill them :p Anytime an enemy is imposing/intimidating/scary in gaming, it makes that part of the game a lot better.
I'm not scared of spiders, but that colossi is creepy looking.

Some people care about this stuff a lot. If it's something you don't really care for, you should really keep your negative statements to yourself.
These games would look awesome if they re-released them on SNES. It's just not important. If you care about this stuff a lot, you're wrong to.

It's not even relevant. They are what they are. It's not like you have some other version to choose from. Just appreciate the games for what they are.

Top Bottom