• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

rhino4evr

So not to nitpick,.but what does the Dynamic theme of Shadow of the Collssus have anything to do with the game? I mean a deer? Really? I really wanted a giant colossi walking across my screen. Not this.

Is the Uncharted 3 theme from Subway any better?

Angry Fork

I love Ico but damn I fucking hate the stupid black ghost things. They're so damn annoying.

Does anyone know if you can absolutely take them all out? Most of the area's if you hacked away at them eventually they went away, but there's been a couple so far where they would just keep coming back over and over and over. I hate having to be forced to run around and quickly do things so I prefer to kill them all, but do they just keep repeating in certain areas?

Ocaso

rhino4evr said:
So not to nitpick,.but what does the Dynamic theme of Shadow of the Collssus have anything to do with the game? I mean a deer? Really? I really wanted a giant colossi walking across my screen. Not this.

Well it does have to do with the game
the ending specifically
, but I too think they could have gone with a more appropriate image. A colossus (or several colossi) would have been better, but I'd have settled for Agro frolicking around one of the altars.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Angry Fork said:
but do they just keep repeating in certain areas?
I've killed them all. I never ran away from any shadow.

What can happen is that there is one shadow hole and it takes up to 10 seconds for a new one to spawn. Or a shadow is stuck on the geometry somewhere. (That happened to me once, he got himself unstuck though.)

StuBurns

Banned
It's insane.

"Europe are only getting two of the five videos"
"Ummm, okay, I guess"
"They're not on the disc like the US version, you get a voucher"
"Well, I guess that's not too bad, I feel a little put out though"
"You have to wait two weeks"
"Fucking hell man"
"We've delayed it"
"Fuck you"

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
StuBurns said:
It's insane.

"Europe are only getting two of the five videos"
"Ummm, okay, I guess"
"They're not on the disc like the US version, you get a voucher"
"Well, I guess that's not too bad, I feel a little put out though"
"You have to wait two weeks"
"Fucking hell man"
"We've delayed it"
"Fuck you"

We aren't even getting all of the content, do they even have an excuse for it or have they said nothing?

Curufinwe said:
And it gets bigger when you're attached to Yorda.

ಠ_ಠ

ScOULaris

I'm so glad I don't live in Europe. How can you guys stand it? You always get games late, and SCEE among other European divisions are always screwing you over as well.

The only thing that a European gaming division ever got right over there was Nintendo releasing Xenoblade despite giving us the middle finger over here in the States.

Saroyan

I got this from BB last week and played Ico for the first time over the weekend, and finished my second play through yesterday, this is a really great game, so glad I bought it.

I have every trophy except for the clear in under 2 hours one, I have no idea how I'm gonna pull that off, I was rushing the second play through and barely got under 3 hours.

I also started playing SoTC, I've taken down 5, pretty epic so far.

edeo

This one is better than the Uncharted 3 theme.

At least the deer and animals are moving around. Drake is just standing still in his.

sublimit

Banned
ScOULaris said:
I'm so glad I don't live in Europe. How can you guys stand it? You always get games late, and SCEE among other European divisions are always screwing you over as well.

The only thing that a European gaming division ever got right over there was Nintendo releasing Xenoblade despite giving us the middle finger over here in the States.
We get better covers than you though.:p

ScOULaris

sublimit said:
We get better covers than you though.:p
You really wanna go there?

998181_179688_front.jpg

*shudders*

sublimit

Banned
ScOULaris said:
You really wanna go there?

http://videogam.in/pages/files/The_Ico_and_Shadow_of_the_Colossus_Collection/998181_179688_front.jpg[/IMG

*shudders*[/QUOTE]
It's much better than the NA version of the original Ico.;)Also it's reversible.:p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
rhino4evr said:

Is the Uncharted 3 theme from Subway any better?
Worse still, both themes flicker as hell! It's really tiring to look at them for more than a few seconds, what the hell were they thinking with that effect, seriously. I like how the look, but the flicker makes it so that I'll never use them

edeo said:
This one is better than the Uncharted 3 theme.

At least the deer and animals are moving around. Drake is just standing still in his.
Huh? The dynamic theme for UC3 has the fire/smoke coming out of the airplane, and drake looking around and gesturing with his arms etc. It's pretty damn great compared to these flickery abortions.

ScOULaris

The better question is: Why don't any of these themes being mentioned (Ico, SotC, and Uncharted 3) fill the screen in 1080p? Doesn't make any sense to me.

ScOULaris

_dementia said:
For real.

SotC Wiki page doesn't count.

Hell, in the game the on-screen prompts refer to Agro as "Him" and "his"
Yeah. That confirms he is a male. Someone said that Ueda referred to Agro as a female in some interview? I want to see it. Maybe he just slipped up?

Erigu

ScOULaris said:
Will someone please point me to the source where Agro is said to be a female?
Page 202.

_dementia said:
Hell, in the game the on-screen prompts refer to Agro as "Him" and "his"
I'd trust Ueda over the US translators.

ScOULaris said:
Someone said that Ueda referred to Agro as a female in some interview? I want to see it. Maybe he just slipped up?
No, he didn't. They actually discuss and react to that revelation (seems that the others didn't know).

StuBurns

Banned
I love the SotC wallpaper. The videos are bizarre, the pack contains several languages, but there are two of each which aren't labelled, I can't see why they'd both be English, a bit confusing.

I think I'm about halfway through Ico now. I've just unlocked half of the gate if ya catch my drift.

I'm really like it. So charming. I still don't understand the claims I've heard about it, but at least the hype isn't ruining the experience for me.

Carl

Struggling to get into ICO to be honest. Just passed
the windmill
and not finding it all that engrossing or interesting :(

StuBurns said:
I've been waiting for your impressions. It'll be interesting to see how you feel when it's over.
My only complaint would be the combat, which I posted about on the last page.

Everything else I love. Not to the extent of some, but it is a great little game.

StuBurns

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
My only complaint would be the combat, which I posted about on the last page.

Everything else I love. Not to the extent of some, but it is a great little game.
I don't want to spike it with hype or anything, so please bare that in mind, but where you are I felt pretty much the same, the best is certainly to come.

EDIT: Just started installing the videos, yep, installing, it's an app for some reason.

SoulClap

Finished SOTC. Still as good as I remember. Popped in ICO as well and I gotta say at first glance it looks better than SOTC. The higher resolution makes a big different on my display.

Grisby

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
I dunno why, I'm saving SotC in the event that I have a bad day. (I've beaten it 5 times on PS2) :D

I beat ICO in the collection consdering I had only finished it once. I've beaten SOTC like 3 times before so I'm saving it too.

Probably for December or January when things wind down a bit.

Sinthetic

I'm really loving SotC, not keen on the fiddly camera or sometimes awkward controls... But I was playing with my headphones on (for the 1st time) and taking down Colossus #3 was one of the best experiences I've had in gaming for a really long time. A 20 minute intense battle, it felt like I was right in the middle of it, until my mum came and made me crap myself by giving me a cup of tea.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
kazuma_pt said:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjfXaMVbhuM

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmYMFult1U

i've only found these two on youtube, aren't we supposed to get nico concept footage and the last guardian preview?

The new Last Guardian footage is maybe 10 seconds total and it's interspersed with interview footage and Ico and SotC footage. Definitely not a preview in any sense. That footage was posted a bunch of pages ago, I think, so it's on youtube somewhere.

StuBurns

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjfXaMVbhuM

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmYMFult1U

i've only found these two on youtube, aren't we supposed to get nico concept footage and the last guardian preview?
Thanks, I found them after making that post. Really cool video, I'm not sure why SCEE deemed it unfitting their constitutes.

As for the videos, the US one has five, concept videos of Ico/Nico/Sotc, this round table thing, and a behind the scenes short documentary, of those five Europe get the last one, and Nico video.

Hey can anyone tell me what the name of the song is that plays while the XMB is on the disc icon? Looking to get the OST but I want to listen to this in the mean time.

Ridley327

So, the recommended time to start climbing the temple to reach the garden is after you max out your grip. I got bored and decided to try it just before fighting 14 on my third playthrough, which is right about the point where you can see the lower right hand side of the circle disappear from the screen.

Made it with grip to spare.

Top Bottom