• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GuardianE said:
Yeah, I guess my concern is that there won't be enough new characters to continue filling the hype for the release. Even if they'd been working non-stop, and they had work done on these new characters prior to KoFXII's release, I can't imagine the roster size will increase that much in such a short timeframe. I hope they prove me wrong.

Noooooooo!

Well... maybe.

I did like Kim's kids. Though since they've already drawn up a sprite for Kim, they wouldn't replace him... and there's pretty much zero chance they'd include all three.

I'm expecting 8-11 new chars: My guess roster: (GAF spam game)

Terry Andy Joe
Kyo Benimaru Daimon
Iori Vice Mature
Ralf Clark Leona
Mai King Elisabreasts
Ryo Robert Yuri
Kim Mary Rick (two FF chars of some sort)
Athena Kensou Chin
K' Maxima Kula
Geese Raiden Billy
New New New

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You forgot Ash, Duo Lon and Shen Woo.

Some of my picks: Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Vanessa, K' , Kula.
So many good characters to pick from.
A new New Face Team would rock.

Frankfurt

Banned
GuardianE said:
Yeah, I guess my concern is that there won't be enough new characters to continue filling the hype for the release. Even if they'd been working non-stop, and they had work done on these new characters prior to KoFXII's release, I can't imagine the roster size will increase that much in such a short timeframe. I hope they prove me wrong.

I'm betting 6-10 new characters (10 if we get a few headswaps).

Basically, i'm betting on the 360 list:

• Mai (new)
  • Yuri (new)
  • King (new)
  • Takuma (new)
  • Billy (new)
  • Boss (very few moves)
  • Vice (headswap)
  • Hwa-Jai (headswap)
  • Dark Ash (headswap)
  • Iori w/ fireball (headswap)

Would be perfectly fine with that list.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
You forgot Ash, Duo Lon and Shen Woo.

Some of my picks: Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Vanessa, K' , Kula.
So many good characters to pick from.
A new New Face Team would rock.

If Kula makes it in, I want her to be redesigned though gameplay at least.

Maybe give her the Kannagi look.

Swittcher

Banned
Happy Phantom said:
I think I'm more a fan of Fersis when he's in hype mode than I am of the things he's getting hyped over.

There should be a game where you control Fersis, and you just go around passionately hyping things.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mujun said:
You are all welcome guys...
Thanks !!!
You are going to have a lot of work to do this week. ;)

Fersis

Swittcher said:
There should be a game where you control Fersis, and you just go around passionately hyping things.
I cant wait for complains like : Fersis is broken , he hypes too much !!
;)

Fersis

mujun said:
Sorry to get all passive aggressive guys, just felt unloved, well more unloved than usual anyway :D
Pff come on!
We love ya'. Not as much as we love Vanessa or K' but we love you.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
What? Ogaru is still doing the artwork for KOF13? Damn it SNK, give me hiroaki!!!

Besides that, Blog = HYPE! Thanks for the translation! :D

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
What? Ogaru is still doing the artwork for KOF13? Damn it SNK, give me hiroaki!!!

Besides that, Blog = HYPE! Thanks for the translation! :D
Iori looks damn suave on that artwork so im cool with Ogura.
Having said that, Hiroaki is my favorite artist.

Ten characters I'd like to see come back:
Vanessa
Angel
Oswald
Yamazaki
B Jenet
Gato
Tizoc
Blue Mary
Ramon
Momoko (I like her moves)

I know it'll never happen but I have a fondness for the Sports team:lol

Fersis

I want lots of characters to return but to be honest i want new characters a little bit more.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
I want lots of characters to return but to be honest i want new characters a little bit more.

If you don't want KOF13 to fail, you must have the old characters come back. Still KOF has too many characters, so I prefer for old ones to come back.

My wishlist:
- K
- Kula
- Oswald
- Momoko
- Gato
- B. Jenet
- Vanessa
- King
- K9999 or Nameless, which ever they decide to keep.
- Rock Howard
- Yamazaki (EDIT: HOW THE FUCK I COULD FORGET ABOUT HIM!?!)

That is it, I will be happy with those characters.

mujun

robut said:
Ten characters I'd like to see come back:
Vanessa
Angel
Oswald
Yamazaki
B Jenet
Gato
Tizoc
Blue Mary
Ramon
Momoko (I like her moves)

I know it'll never happen but I have a fondness for the Sports team:lol

My list would be : Yama, Kensou (unraped from XII), Tizoc, NGBC Robert, NGBC Tung Fu, Sokaku, Malin, Choi, Geese and Eiji.

Swittcher

Banned
There's only one character that would make me buy KOFXIII, no questions asked, day 1:

kevin_rian_garou.jpg

Fersis

Since the reveal date was announced ive listened to KOF96,97,99,XI,XII and 02UM soundtracks every day.
(And even playing some on the guitar)
KOF has crazy good music, hope XIII gets the 02UM treatment.

Not only that,ive been doing KOF voice impersonations on the train on my way to work.
ARE YOU OK? GET SERIOUS! GENOCIDE CUTTER! and more!

OH IM HYPED! ·__.

Fersis

Swittcher said:
Er, I meant, what timeframe? If it's the 25th, is it likely we'll see some updates later tonight?

Come on dude, you should know this.
Dunno where you live but you can use this website to do the time conversion: Time Zone Converter
KOF reveal info : March 25th, at Belle Salle Hall in Akihabara, starting at 1pm.

Fersis said:
Dunno where you live but you can use this website to do the time conversion: Time Zone Converter
KOF reveal info : March 25th, at Belle Salle Hall in Akihabara, starting at 1pm.

mhmhm according to that website:

01:00:00 Thursday March 25, 2010 in Japan converts to
13:00:00 Wednesday March 24, 2010 in America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

OH SNAP!!

Omggeezz...when I get off work tonight I'll be so happy!

Mikhal

Where did you get the time from? Cyberfanatix reported it was at 6pm Japan time, which is like 5am in the morning for me. :(

Fersis

Mikhal said:
Where did you get the time from? Cyberfanatix reported it was at 6pm Japan time, which is like 5am in the morning for me. :(
I got it from Versus City. (Oichi's website)
The event should start at 1AM for me. (Sadly there's no stream)

Mikhal

That linked to the official announcement site which mentions 18:00 as the start time, so 6pm is probably correct. Maybe you got confused with the 100 people getting free swag as 1:00?

Fersis

Mikhal said:
That linked to the official announcement site which mentions 18:00 as the start time, so 6pm is probably correct. Maybe you got confused with the 100 people getting free swag as 1:00?
Could be, yeah.

CcrooK said:
Surely there will be someone blogging, right?
You mean in English? Dont know.

Mikhal said:

Awww, bummer. Guess I'll be waking up early! (if I can sleep!)

Finaika

I'm most probably going to the preview of KOFXIII at Akiba tomorrow, so I'll try to give my impressions on it if its possible.

Fersis

Finaika said:
I'm most probably going to the preview of KOFXIII at Akiba tomorrow, so I'll try to give my impressions on it if its possible.
@________________@

You are a good man my friend.

Finaika

Yeah I played KOF12, I'm actually a huge KOF / SNK fan haha. Despite what the majority thought of it as a major disappointment, to me it just lacked content. The foundation is already there.

Wasn't 12 planned to have dlc? Someone hacked a file and found names, right? I also remember fuzzy pics of different levels. My guess that's all been folded into 13. Anyone remember who the characters were (Mai and K' on there I'm sure).

Top Bottom