• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

LowParry

robut said:
Wasn't 12 planned to have dlc? Someone hacked a file and found names, right? I also remember fuzzy pics of different levels. My guess that's all been folded into 13. Anyone remember who the characters were (Mai and K' on there I'm sure).

At this point, whatever it was that was to be planned DLC should just go into 13. Tonight's going to be fun though! Hope we get some good info and maybe a reveal trailer. Maaaaybe.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
CcrooK said:
At this point, whatever it was that was to be planned DLC should just go into 13. Tonight's going to be fun though! Hope we get some good info and maybe a reveal trailer. Maaaaybe.

I don't think tonight's going to be fun at all. Tonight's going to be filled with breathless anticipation with little chance of release.

Mikhal

robut said:
Wasn't 12 planned to have dlc? Someone hacked a file and found names, right? I also remember fuzzy pics of different levels. My guess that's all been folded into 13. Anyone remember who the characters were (Mai and K' on there I'm sure).

It did have some DLC. Some stupid alternative BGM remixes... :lol

Frankfurt

Banned
robut said:

Here:

Frankfurt said:
  • Mai
  • Yuri
  • King
  • Takuma
  • Billy
  • Boss
  • Vice
  • Hwa-Jai
  • Dark Ash
  • Iori w/ fireball

There was also that green background, which was never used:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/extra-stage-in-kof-xii/326329

Augemitbutter said:
another hot candidate:

1564n46.jpg

young geese.

Supposedly, Geese was originally going to be revealed as Andy's dad. Then... they changed their minds. I say supposedly, because the interview i recall reading there is nowhere to be found, so let me cover my ass.

Geese does look a lot like Andy in that pic. That's a cool list of characters too, some obvious and some surprises. Though, I wish they'd put in fireball Iori and replace the 12 version with Freeman.

TreIII

Frankfurt said:
Supposedly, Geese was originally going to be revealed as Andy's dad. Then... they changed their minds. I say supposedly, because the interview i recall reading there is nowhere to be found, so let me cover my ass.

I remember. A bunch of this stuff was found translated on snk-capcom.com's forums (before it crashed). Maybe archive.org could be useful for getting at some of that stuff.

But yeah, I still think it was a missed opportunity. Andy would have gotten another dimension to his character that would have kept things interesting, and there's nothing that could have stopped them from still doing what they wanted to do with MOTW, just with Andy instead of Rock. Andy as the main character, for once, would have been just as feasible as Robert being more or less the "main character" in AOF3.

Would have been more appealing to me, at least, especially since I don't care for Rock Howard that much. Besides, without something to keep him interesting, it's no wonder Andy fell out of fan favor in Japan, and was excluded from a few of the last games. Beyond the shenanigans with Mai, there's little else about the guy. :lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Been playing a ton of XI lately. I only played a bit of XII but passed on buying it for obvious reasons. The hate is definitely justified and it should never have been released as it was, but what was there was really damn good. If they can pump out enough new characters, clean out the bugs and add more modes and features, this could easily be the best KOF yet. I have faith in SNK. Hype!

If that image is to be believed I'm glad Kula is back, but I really want to see Angel again. <3 unchain circle.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Will there really be info in the morning? I thought we weren't expecting any news in the West until the afternoon?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
uh, no, I'm in Osaka and the press conference and location test are in Tokyo :X

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Oh yes, the return of overblown fanservice! I like her look, though, She's cute and unique, not as sharp and mature as... well, Mature, not as young as Athena. Really interested in seeing how her moveset turns out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
SAB CA said:
Oh yes, the return of overblown fanservice! I like her look, though, She's cute and unique, not as sharp and mature as... well, Mature, not as young as Athena. Really interested in seeing how her moveset turns out.

Not necessarily. If they do with her like they did with everyone else, this version of Mai could be closer to the Fatal Fury version-- that didn't have the tits bouncing all over the place. That's what they did to the character in KOF '94, and subsequent 2D Fatal Fury games did not do the same.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Lyte Edge said:
Not necessarily. If they do with her like they did with everyone else, this version of Mai could be closer to the Fatal Fury version-- that didn't have the tits bouncing all over the place. That's what they did to the character in KOF '94, and subsequent 2D Fatal Fury games did not do the same.

Yeah, KoF XII itself was probably the least fanservice in a 2D fighter in years... I hope they put as much work into her animation as they did Ash; his personality REALLY came out through his expressions and body language, if Mai sells her sexyness in a similiar way, it'd be much more impressive than "Me Bouncy!"

The last Mai I enjoyed really playing is probably Neo Geo Battle Colloseium / KOF XI, followed by various segements of her real bout appearances.

GrayFoxPL

I'm maining Fersis.

That Mai looks shitty. I'm sorry, but it's too sterile and souless. Plus man-legs.
I don't want Mai to look like a whore like in kofs but here she looks asexual. Mai had the best design in FF2, Special and 3.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:
I'm maining Fersis.

That Mai looks shitty. I'm sorry, but it's too sterile and souless. Plus man-legs.
I don't want Mai to look like a whore like in kofs but here she looks asexual. Mai had the best design in FF2, Special and 3.

My fave Mai was RB1 Mai. For some reason I prefer Mai with clothes on not off.

Frankfurt

Banned
The rumored info so far is:

Mai
King
Yuri
Kim
Raiden
Iori
Mature
Ash
Dark Ash
Elisabeth
Possibly some 2001 chars (rumored to be Ron, Misty, and Angel)
Kyo
Athena

EX moves are in. More moves, 12's team system, Hyperdrive mode (looks like max combos 02um)

GrayFoxPL said:
I'm maining Fersis.

Come on, man. Real Bout Mai looks damn cool. And she had the most fun gameplay style, too.

Lyte Edge

I saw something about Duo Lon being in the game. King is supposed to have a new outfit. Elisabeth got new moves. It's a pretty safe bet to assume that most of, if not every character from XII will return in XIII. They're not about to ditch those sprites after just one game!

GrayFoxPL

arstal said:
My fave Mai was RB1 Mai. For some reason I prefer Mai with clothes on not off.

Frankfurt said:
Come on, man. Real Bout Mai looks damn cool. And she had the most fun gameplay style, too.

You guys act lke you don't know that all Real Bouts come from Fatal Fury 3, sprites included. :eek:

I need old d,u+P flaming Mai.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:
You guys act lke you don't know that all Real Bouts come from Fatal Fury 3, sprites included. :eek:

FF3 was the weakest FF game in the series to me. Not pretend it doesn't exist bad, but still the weakest.

RB1 is my all-time favorite, so I'm biased.

Kagero no Mai does appear in some later non-FF games, so it might be in XIII.

98UM Ex Mai (my fav gameplay Mai is EX 98), KOF2k3, and NGBC all had it.

Lyte Edge

GrayFoxPL said:

RBFF used the FF3 sprites. RBS and RB2 used redrawn sprites for everyone who wasn't new in RBFF, with Geese being the exception.

GrayFoxPL

Lyte Edge said:
RBFF used the FF3 sprites. RBS and RB2 used redrawn sprites for everyone who wasn't new in RBFF, with Geese being the exception.

Didn't realise it. Maybe because it looks like retouch.

Still I think FF3 Mai looked the best:
gfs_45444_2_6_mid.jpg

gfs_45444_2_12_mid.jpg

gfs_45444_2_5_mid.jpg

FF3 is so beautiful.

KAL2006

Banned
The only way this game will make up for KOFXII, is if there were 10 new characters added, and the online was fixed. But I doubt this will happen prove me wrong SNK.

Top Bottom