• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shadow780 said:
MAI OR DIE!!!!

Hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Boothisman.jpg

I only want one thing: KOFXI Quick Shift System.
HELL YEAH!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Augemitbutter said:
what a sexy logo.

SNKP can't afford to fuck this up, they'll deliver.
Check the OP, i confirmed KOFXIII logo as the best logo ever. (Also theres a link to a bigger version)

Swittcher

Banned
Boo people who want Mai all you want. They're right.

Sadly, it's the only thing that'll move copies. Especially after XII "Rebirth/Abortion"

this guy has to be in this round.

5504mc.jpg

Fersis

Swittcher said:
Boo people who want Mai all you want. They're right.

Sadly, it's the only thing that'll move copies. Especially after XII "Rebirth/Abortion"
My guess is that KOFXIII will be great but the online will suck.
There's no chance that SNKP made big (Huge) changes to KOFXII online code.
(I hope to eat crow though)

Anyway,this is just the arcade release. (I really want to see KOFXIII on Arcadia's Top 10)

-DarKaoZ- said:
Nah, with mask, with mask he is more original, with out it... he looks just like a normal Kyokugenryu student.
Fixed.
I want K' too!

Swittcher

Banned
Fersis said:

Anyway,this is just the arcade release. (I really want to see KOFXIII on Arcadia's Top 10)

Fixed.
I want K' too!

SNK has to know the online was garbage, and they have to know they need to fix it. Dealing with Ignition, I'm sure Shane told them how important online is to Americans.

But yeah, Mai needs to be in there, and she needs to bounce ALOT.

KOF Maxium Impact was SNK's biggest success in NA for a reason, and it sure as hell wasn't the gameplay.

tzare

-DarKaoZ- said:
Nah, with mask, with mask he is more original, with out it... he looks just like a normal shoto.
he has no shoryuken!!!!

Well, mask then, but i'd love to see the possibility of breaking it, just like AoF style :D
just licensing GGPO should work, i hope they can afford it.
My fears are that the game may not be published overseas after KOFXII performance

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Swittcher said:
I'm sure it will release here, by Atlus most likely. Don't think Ignition is touching it.

Hopefully, Ignition was great in advertising, but they suck at making a "package", at least Atlus might throw a art book or something extra for sure. :D

tzare

mr_boo said:
This thread makes me sad...I really hope they pull it off this time...KOFXII was such a disappointment.
KOFXII is a good game, only needs more cooking :p
That will be XIII, just hope they don't burn it now :D
I'm sure it will release here, by Atlus most likely. Don't think Ignition is touching it.

here is the US? what about poor europeans? :D

Fersis

The latest we know about Ignition and SNKP was that they were on 'bad terms'.
After BB success i guess that Ignition could force SNKP into talking online as something important.
Atlus published Metal Slug on the PSP, lets see who publishes KOFXIII.

Anyway next week is all about the arcade.

-DarKaoZ- said:
:lol @ Fix

Anyways, yeah, K and Kula MUST BE IN THE GAME!! :mad:

Well I can only wait, I already want to see the classic characters with their new looks/artstyle. :D
Yeah, La Cachorra needs to be in!

Swittcher said:
The last thing MadMax from Ignition forums said was that they were having meetings with SNKP to see if they continued with the partnership.

Swittcher

Banned
Fersis said:
The latest we know about Ignition and SNKP was that they were on 'bad terms'.
After BB success i guess that Ignition could force SNKP into talking online as something important.
Atlus published Metal Slug on the PSP, lets see who publishes KOFXIII.

Anyway next week is all about the arcade.

Well, it's good we'll see some stuff. But the likelihood of anyone ever playing the arcade who lives outside Japan is zilch.

Edit: Call me a heathen, but I would be tickled pink if they ditched all the Art of Fighting and other micellaneous characters, and went with only Fatal Fury characters, since the Fatal Furies started as the main KOF tournaments to begin with.

Cheng Sinzan >>>>>>>>>> Kyo, Iori, K, Ryu, Robert, etc.

Fersis

Swittcher said:
Well, it's good we'll see some stuff. But the likelihood of anyone ever playing the arcade who lives outside Japan is zilch.

Edit: Call me a heathen, but I would be tickled pink if they ditched all the Art of Fighting and other micellaneous characters, and went with only Fatal Fury characters, since the Fatal Furies started as the main KOF tournaments to begin with.

True.
But i dont control the hype..... the hype controls me.

So.. you want Mai in but no Kyo,Iori,K ? Ok that would be a fanboy storm. And let me tell you something i would rage. :D

Swittcher said:

Or you know, make another Fatal Fury. Garou MOW2! Have it feature the super fat love child of Cheng and Chang.

TreIII

robut said:
Or you know, make another Fatal Fury. Garou MOW2!

This. The "Southtown" Crew will always be secondary in KOF, where pretty boys like Kyo, K' and Ash rule the roost. No big deal, just give me another Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury game so that I can be happy too! :D

I'd also like to see what they were talking about when it comes to that "SS vs. LB" crossover that was discussed around snk-capcom.com about a year or so ago...

Edit:

Swittcher said:

Actually, that's not entirely true.

The AOF part of the "Southtown Storyline" was what laid a lot of the ground work that other games in the plot line used.

For example, Mr. Big, and then later, Geese Howard, especially, were doing a lot of the behind the scenes operations that led up to Geese controlling Southtown.

Without AOF, you miss out on a lot of what happened to make it so Geese had the opportunity to kill Jeff Bogard, thus allowing him to take control of the underground fighting tournament in Southtown that would eventually be known as "King of Fighters".

For what it's worth, the Southtown Plotline was a fairly interesting narrative. That's another reason why I'd love another game that continues it. It'd be a nice change from all of the overpowered deities with attitudes, corrupt organizations and "international pretty boys of mystery!" that permeate KOF now. :lol

Frankfurt

Banned
Mad Max, the Ignition mod, also said that KOFXII originally wasn't going to have lifebars at all. :lol

I don't see them wanting to continue the partnership. They seem to be really pissed off at SNK.

Bebpo

Banned
Swittcher said:
KOF Maxium Impact was SNK's biggest success in NA for a reason, and it sure as hell wasn't the gameplay.

I don't think making kofxiii 3D will make a lot of fans happy ;)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there any word of what to expect from the preview on the 25th? Any reveals at all or will it just be a very simple, anticlimactic flash of the title like the teaser for KoFXII?

KaYotiX

Banned
i see this game failing like 12 did and i was hyped for it.....ill just stick with SSF4. KoF hasnt been good since '98

Frankfurt

Banned
GuardianE said:
Is there any word of what to expect from the preview on the 25th? Any reveals at all or will it just be a very simple, anticlimactic flash of the title like the teaser for KoFXII?

The loketests start the next day, so even if the event is only a video (unlikely), the game will be playable the following day.

KaYotiX said:
KoF hasnt been good since '98

2002 is still played to this day, and for good reason. XI was great, too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I would absolutely love to see Hon Fu back. His remixed music in the Real Bout CD releases are some of my fav. fighting game music, and it's great to see a character who does such a solid job being Jackie Chan. I'd prefer the RBS version of his Seikuu Rekka Kon, though.

Reguardless of what others say of XII, I loved the fact that they didn't just play it safe, and release a cast of ALL fan favs (we have SFIV for that). It's much more interesting to see underappreciated characters get a chance at a redesign (Kensou and Chin where remade fantastically), than to just see every character pulled into a game for nothing more than facetime.

The fact that we're having a playtest so swiftly, even before screenshots, or teaser art, is kinda worrysome, though. As time-intensive as it is for them to make sprites, it makes me wonder how they could have anything worth seeing already. Less detailed sprite work? Different style? 3D?!? Less than a week to find out...

TreIII

SAB CA said:
The fact that we're having a playtest so swiftly, even before screenshots, or teaser art, is kinda worrysome, though. As time-intensive as it is for them to make sprites, it makes me wonder how they could have anything worth seeing already. Less detailed sprite work? Different style? 3D?!? Less than a week to find out...

Well, as has been the story thus far, KOFXII was release as it was, because they simply did more to run out of time, and needed to start making an attempt at making some money. It's highly likely that the team NEVER stopped working, even as XII went ":lol, gold".

For their sake, I'm hoping that they were able to do something that they could see being a means to start being able to really "mass-produce" characters ASAP. Even if it does mean utilizing 3D graphics (though hopefully in a better format than how it was done in MI).

Like it or lump it, KOF, as a series, has done a lot to paint itself into a corner, because people have come to expect rosters of like 40-50 per game. That's probably why I think KOF should have likely been the LAST series that SNK should have thought about trying to take into the HD generation.

I mean, seriously. You see how peeps are still (HAPPILY!) playing both the vanilla and UM versions of 98 and 02. For all that trouble that went into making XII, they could have invested such resources into making a Garou MOTW2 look like a true work of art, and nobody would have balked from a smaller roster for a game like that! :lol

Grzi

Can't wait for this, hope it's good.
I want to see K', Kula, Heidern, Jhun, Adelheid, Gato, Vanessa, Oswald and maybe even Rock in it. Those would be my top picks, hopefully some of them will make it.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GuardianE said:

supposed to be a loketest there.

THey should have made Real Bout 3 with those sprrtes instead- 20 chars would have been welcomed (RB1 Cast+ Rick+ Xiangfei+ Raiden + Krauser + boss (Mr.Karate))

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
so wait is there actually a possibility that mai will be in or not? do we not know? when will we know?

Someone clear the confusion for me.

TreIII

Elan tedronai said:
wrong! kof 2000 was the best post kof 98

Zapages said:
KOF 2003 was a lot of fun as well. :)

notsureifserious.gif

I mean, c'mon even as much I liked 96, even I'm willing to admit that game was BUSTED. And the same applies for 2K3 and 2K, as well.

For example, 2K was just a showcase on how Strikers was a TERRIBLE idea. Namely, Joe as Striker = ANY BODY has an infinite. :lol

Meanwhile, 2K3 had its own problems, among them being Duo Lon. If you really liked 2K3's style of play, you might as well just "graduate" to XI, which was the better constructed game.

Thanks to the bad reviews, I apparently dodged a bullet with XII. But damnit, I got that feeling in my bones; if this reveal is how I think It will be, this may be a Day 1 for me.

Don't let me down SNK

Fersis

Ive asked MadMax (Ignition Forum Administrator)
Fersis said:
Are you guys going to publish it? Or is it Atlus this time?

His reply:
MadMax said:
It's depending on whether they're willing to address certain quality concerns, such as the netcode and the like. A lot of aspects that exist on paper remain to be seen so it should be interesting.

Fersis, VP of KOF XIII Hype.

hipgnosis

SNK has been garbage lately so my expectations for this one are very low. KoF XI was a great game, but after that they haven't done anything decent.

Fersis

hipgnosis said:
SNK has been garbage lately so my expectations for this one are very low. KoF XI was a great game, but after that they haven't done anything decent.
KOF98UM and KOF02UM were released after XI.

hipgnosis said:
Oh yeah sorry forgot about those, they were good indeed, although the net code for 98' sucked. Truth is, they have been putting out a lot of crap and made me lose interest.
True true, hard times to be a crazy pathetic SNKP fan.

hipgnosis

Fersis said:
KOF98UM and KOF02UM were released after XI.
Oh yeah sorry forgot about those, they were good indeed, although the net code for 98' sucked. Truth is, they have been putting out a lot of crap and made me lose interest.

Top Bottom