• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

kokujin

Banned
Dandy J said:
You're right about VF though. It's impossible to take Tekken seriously if you played VF at even an intermediate level with good players and have a technical understanding of the system.

Smart man

RSLYG said:
????? So random, well I play along with you guys

f2556d.jpg

I'd kill to have Oswald in XIII, an HD Oswald sprite would be amazing.

N4Us

I'd like to see in HD:

Heidern
B Mary
B Jenet
Oswald
Malin
Moe (needs to be in a main KOF game damnit)
Chang
Angel
Mr Big
Shermie

Atolm

Choppasmith said:
What? How would one go about playing it? Is the Taito Type X emulatable already?

They're pretty much standard PC's with a very weak (it seems) protection scheme to make the games unplayable on your regular desktop PC. I say very weak because other games like Blaz Blue CS or Battle Fantasia were dumped months ago, too...

Tizoc

Atolm said:
The dump from the arcade version has been leaked ;(, what a stab in the heart for SNKP.
>_> <_<
Mind hooking a brutha up plz? I wanna prepare myself for the console version.
...and so what if the game is on the net? BBCS was on the net and it still sold well.

zlatko

Banned
Fuck Atlus forums. I tried for 5 minutes straight to register on there, but I don't know wtf the answer to "where does vincent from catherine spend most of his time when he isn't climbing a tower?" I put in bar, drinking, at a bar, home, sleeping, eating pizza, and i don't know atlus stfu and leave me alone.

I tried to google it and no answer. Seriously, in what parallel douche bag universe do you make a fucking forum registration be based on a question odds are 99% of people don't know the fucking answer to?

I just wanted to post in their shit turd online net code thread to use GGPO because I didn't see a SOUL mention it in the entire first page gauntlet of posts. Confidence levels down the drain if Atlus can't even make forums in the year 2011.

Tizoc

zlatko said:
Fuck Atlus forums. I tried for 5 minutes straight to register on there, but I don't know wtf the answer to "where does vincent from catherine spend most of his time when he isn't climbing a tower?" I put in bar, drinking, at a bar, home, sleeping, eating pizza, and i don't know atlus stfu and leave me alone.

I tried to google it and no answer. Seriously, in what parallel douche bag universe do you make a fucking forum registration be based on a question odds are 99% of people don't know the fucking answer to?

I just wanted to post in their shit turd online net code thread to use GGPO because I didn't see a SOUL mention it in the entire first page gauntlet of posts. Confidence levels down the drain if Atlus can't even make forums in the year 2011.
I managed to make my Atlus account with ease =P
They also check the DreamCancel forums, so you can post there as well if you want.

Tizoc

zlatko said:
Well wtf is the answer to the question?
The question is always random, I did not get that question you posted when I made my account a few days ago. Keep refreshing the page until u get an question that is easy to answer.

zlatko

Banned
Tizoc said:
The question is always random, I did not get that question you posted when I made my account a few days ago. Keep refreshing the page until u get an question that is easy to answer.

Refreshed 10 times and used a different browser. Same question every time. Went to dreamcancel, registered, checked my email/junk mail still no activate email.

:/ Just go on their forums for me and tell them to use GGPO please on the Atlus ones. As long as someone puts it out there, then mission accomplished.

Edit: Aside from my frustration with the series of tubes that is the internet I am really excited for this game and I can't wait to buy it later in the year. Shitty net code or not I've just wanted to play the crap out of it and even if I can get 1 good game out of every 10 I think I'll manage lol. :( My expectations are that low.

Tizoc

zlatko said:
Refreshed 10 times and used a different browser. Same question every time. Went to dreamcancel, registered, checked my email/junk mail still no activate email.
I think they change the question in the Atlus registration everyday, sorry about that ^_^;
As for DC, I got my activation e-mail a few mins after I registered ^_^;
Just wait mate.

:/ Just go on their forums for me and tell them to use GGPO please on the Atlus ones. As long as someone puts it out there, then mission accomplished.
I'm pretty sure there were other members on the Atlus forums that brought up using GGPO for the game but I've also mentioned it as well in a previous post there =)

zlatko

Banned
Tizoc said:
I think they change the question in the Atlus registration everyday, sorry about that ^_^;
As for DC, I got my activation e-mail a few mins after I registered ^_^;
Just wait mate.

I'm pretty sure there were other members on the Atlus forums that brought up using GGPO for the game but I've also mentioned it as well in a previous post there =)

As long as the good deed has been done then I can rest easy. What Atlus does now know that GGPO > all is up to them. I just know if they come out with anything less than SSF4 netcode they are dead in the water.

alstein

Who I'd like to see added, but know it won't happen

Billy
Eiji
Mary
Duck
Rock
Malin
Oswald
Yamazaki

Also would like to see the Orochi NFT come back as bosses.

Pureauthor said:
Want more Goenitz.

Why would you even want him in the game , he's a broken char no one should be able to play him.
Make no sense wasting time on chars like that .

Any way i would like
Yashiro Nanakase
Shermie
Chris
Evil and normal

Vanessa
Blue Mary
Shingo Yabuki
Geese
Krauser

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
ARE YOU OKEY?!?! Terry Combo Video from Don'tDropThatCombo

14 Videos From Revelations Tournament uploaded by Emperor Paine!

Oy, Might as well join in on the 10 Chara parade:

• Blue Mary (Memories of Stay Wolves design, 2nd Palette removes Jacket for updates classic look)
  • Xiangfei (Really love her playstyle. And her personality.)
  • Tung Fu Rue (Master Roshi Colors + Glasses as 2nd alt! SF with Yun's frickin dash punch makes me wanna play Tung!)
  • Jubei Yamada (A Charge motion grappler, and cookie tossing... in HD!)
  • Heavy D! (His Self Buff system + EX moves would be awesome!)
  • Whip (Redesigned to fit the other Ikari's, make her more HD mode friendly with some new moves)
  • Shermie! (Too fun a grappler. O Shermie would be a bonus, but I prefer original!)
  • Nagase (From MI2... I'm the only person who cares, lol. But redesign her outfit a bit, and it'd be great to have a cocky female Hattori Hanzo Megane Gamer join the cast!)
  • Momoko / Angel (Prefer Angel, but their combo style would be fantastic in XIII.)
  • Adelheid (We need Rugal's Son! Rugal IS KoF.)

Honorable Mentions:

Botan (As a Puppetmaster, She could either be really fun to play Quan Chi-like, or making other characters to her bidding, kinda like KoF XI style mixed with Kula's calling of Foxy / Diana).

Chizuru (noone else plays like her! I wanna see a new take on the Yatta mirrors powers.)

Hon Fu! (Would play him with Kim for team JUSTICE! I wanna see him escape the Real Bout series.)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tizoc said:
>_> <_<
Mind hooking a brutha up plz? I wanna prepare myself for the console version.
...and so what if the game is on the net? BBCS was on the net and it still sold well.
Get the hell out of this thread.

My 10 characters:
  1. Yamazaki
  2. Blue Mary
  3. Yashiro Nanakase
  4. Shermie
  5. Chris
  6. Adelheid Bernstein (I friggin' love Adel!)
  7. Gai Tendo (One of my favorite characters ever)
  8. Heidern
  9. Silber
  10. Jhun Hoon (I like his stance mechanic)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I was gonna mention Silber (and Kushnood/Marco) too... but I figure they're both made somewhat redundant by the new Takuma....

Augemitbutter said:
i want Silber to kick people against the walls. he was a blast to play in XI. so much power behind his moves.....

Took ages to beat him in challenge mode. He damage output was insane though, it was only offset by his turtle like speed.

AAK

My top 10 list:

1. Blue Mary
2. Oswald
3. Ramon
4. Vanessa
5. Billy Kane
6. Chae Lim
7. Yamazaki
8. Gato
9. B. Jenet
10. Shermie

But it looks unlikely we'll get Ramon, Vanessa, B. Jenet, or Shermie considering they're already in the backgrounds.

TreIII

Since everyone else is doing it:

1) Heidern
2) Billy
3) Yamazaki
4) Eiji
5) Tizoc (need a good "face" to oppose Raiden's "heel"! :lol)
6) Hon Fu
7) Geese
8) Shingo
9) B. Jenet
10) Adelheid

Tizoc

Goenitz's movelist is pretty dull...unless you make him play something like Wesker in MvC3 then his Koku desu-ka will be the least of your worries >=)
...and come on guys 10 characters?
That's 3 teams and 1 single character.
My vote for 3 teams would be (i.e. 9 characters)-
Team Geese: Geese+Billy+Yamazaki
Team Martial Law: Kevin+Mary+HonFu
Team Badass: Silber+Grant+Any big muscular badass from SNK

alstein

I'm not worried about the arcade dump being released. I can wait four months, and if Atlus delivers on the netcode, people aren't going to worry about the dump.

My char choices weren't necessarily who I personally wanted, though I like most of them, but was trying to make teams that could be tacked onto XIII, like Yama/Billy/Eiji , Mary/Duck/Rock, and then to throw in chars unique to XI that deserve to be back like Malin and Oswald (I forgot about Momoko)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:
Gai Tendo needs more love.
Easily my favorite KOFXI character and XI has lots of cool characters.

A few words on ReveLAtions 2011 from THE ANSWER

Ahhh, Gai. He's pretty much Baki the Grappler... which means he'd fit right in the game, with Takuma pretty much being Doppo (or their inspiration, Mas Oyama). It would be nice to see a rather skinny MMA male grappler like him in the game. He's very unique with his Buriki-one inspired directional fighting style. Frog Uppercut would be a great coner juggle in HD mode, too! :lol:

I do wonder how he'd fit in though, with the fact that XII-onwards seems to be trying to have 1 unique seiyuu per character. Gai is voiced by Noboyuki Hiyama, who also voices Joe Higashi (and Zelda's Link!). So I guess he'd get a new VA? -shrug-

That makes me wonder, did they REALLY get a new guy to voice Kim in KoF XII/XIII? He's normally voiced by Terry's VA (Satoshi Hashimoto), but they claim it suppose to be someone new in the latest games. (Sounds like classic Kim to me, though!)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Would rather see a new Garou(densetsu) than continually adding all these characters to KOF.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
General Shank-a-snatch said:
It's a new guy, watch the credits and check snk wikia.

Ahhh, they had his VA listed as "unknown" in some places, but yup, SNK Wikia list Kim's new VA as Kazuhiko Nagata.

He does a great job, I was never really thrown off by the change in actors at all, in this case.

Now if someone can just tell me what happened to Harumi Ikoma's VA work for Blue Mary in KoF XI... She still sounds great for King in XIII! I guess Mary would need a new VA too... would be interesting to see how that would turn out...

Lyte Edge said:
Would rather see a new Garou(densetsu) than continually adding all these characters to KOF.

I'd like to think the 2 series could help each other. Make a few in the shade-heavy detailed style of KoF XIII, and then take away some of the shades, and add more animation for the actual Garou game, and create seperate characters for that games cast.

It's much more likely to see 1 or 2 faces pop up in a KoF, than for current SNKP to make a 20+
(Because any less character than that makes a SMALL cast now days, right?) *sigh*
character cast for another series... :(

KoF XIII DLC + New games from SNKP would be a great thing to see after console release, however...

tzare

i don't think the arcade dump will affect sales, unless it could be played online. In fact most people i know that have tried the game say it is awesome and that will purchase day one.

it will actually help purchases because ppl will train up and think they can win easy money at local day-1 release tournaments (imo) because they assume they have the upper hand from ppl with low-end pc's who can't run the game (and practice on it).

Completely unrelated to these recent developments, and entirely due to a local arcade, where would someone go to figure out how to play this game?

Like, how the drive stuff works, and the big combos with it that people who know what they're doing do.

I'm already aware of DandyJ's KOF basics guide, looking for 13 specific info.

_dementia said:
I want Iori and Leona to get thier old costumes back
Iori has one of his colors that's close.

Personally I think Leona's 12/13 design is leagues better than her old one, but whatever.

TreIII

Lyte Edge said:

I'd love it too, but I'd bet with the way that KOFXII/XIII took as much effort and money to make as it did, SNK can't hope to bang out so many different fighters as they used to. Not unless this new publishing deal with Atlus implies that the partnership will be extended to other avenues.

For example, Atlus still has Noise (Sengoku 3, Rage of the Dragons, Matrimelee and its sequel) at their disposal, right? I wonder what would happen if SNKP and Noise got together again...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Slamtastic said:
Like, how the drive stuff works, and the big combos with it that people who know what they're doing do.

I'm already aware of DandyJ's KOF basics guide, looking for 13 specific info.

Dreamcancel.com Wiki and Forums - Most exaustive conversations on characters in the Character sections. Wikis are good too, a few of them go into extra detail on a character. System Mechanics / Gameplay Thread also does a great job going over things.

SNKHK Youtube: Good for Combos for each member of each team.

SNKPlaymore's Youtube: The Tech references are the best breakdown for each characters moves / EX move properties. They miss a couple things, but overall, are really in depth.

Top Bottom