• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
Ryo looks the best as always and Kyo is so hyped up he's drawing fire circles in the air with his finger!

If King's in then maybe they put back the cloth rip! More sexism SNK! More female abuse! :]

Ryo: HaoShokouKen!
Yuri: Iaaaa, Oni-chan! My clothes, what are you doing?!
Ryo: Yuri-chan, you've grown!
Yuri: Oh...Oni-chan.
:lol
Ive seen some fanfics about Ash and Shen. Yeah.
I think that they are a couple on the offical KOF story.

Frankfurt

Banned
Looks like the XBox 360 info from XII is going to be mostly it.

31 characters. Ash as single entry.

Ash
Kyo - Beni - Goro
Terry - Andy - Joe
Liz - Duo - Shen
Kim - Rayden - ??? (Billy or Hwa-Jai?)
King - Mai - Yuri
??? - ??? - ??? (Ran - Chat - Sai?)
Ryo - Robert - ??? (Takuma?)
Iori - Mature - ??? (Vice?)
Athena - Kensou - Chin
Ralf - Clark - Leona

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I really really want a new New Face Team.
Anyway just by seeing the character selection screen we can confirm that KOFXIII > KOFXII.

THE KING IS BACK, ALL HAIL THE KING!.

Fersis said:
Ive seen some fanfics about Ash and Shen. Yeah.
I think that they are a couple on the official KOF story.

Oh goodness....wasn't there art in XI that oh nevermind....

indeed I speak of the moped piece still makes me go, ok...

Fersis

24vjpu9.jpg

vglnir.jpg

10h7ey8.jpg

13z7i2x.jpg

Frankfurt

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Ryo looks the best as always and Kyo is so hyped up he's drawing fire circles in the air with his finger!

If King's in then maybe they put back the cloth rip! More sexism SNK! More female abuse! :]
:lol

One of the CX guys said there's a "special effect" when Yuri is defeated with a DM, so i assume that's what he meant.

mujun

・舞、ユリ、キング参戦

Mai, Yuri and King are in.

・舞の背中が丸見えでエロイ

You can see all of Mai's back, sexaaay!

・キングは上着なし

King isn't wearing her coat/jacket.

・テリーにバスターウルフあり

Terry has his Buster Wolf.

・EX必殺技EX超必殺技追加(例:ユリのらいおけんの弾が増える)

There are EX DMs and EX SDMs, for example you can get extra hits with Yuri's Raioken.

・ハイパードライブゲージでドライブキャンセルすると必殺技から必殺技or超必殺技につながる オリコンちっく

If you Drive Cancel your hyper drive gauge you can chain a DM into another DM or SDM. Like a create a combo system sort of.

・京に空中大蛇薙

Kyo can do his SDM?? (Don't play Kyo) in the air. The one where he slides forward with the massive flame in front of him. His standard one.

・アテナのグラ変わらず

Athena's "gura" is unchanged. Not sure what a "gura" is, assume it's a shortened name for one of her moves or describing her look...

・マチュアと庵と???でチーム

Mature and Iori are on a team with an unrevealed character.

・カラーエディットの数が最多

There are heaps of character colors.

・紅丸が裸

Benimaru is naked??!?!

・アルゼンチンバックブリーカーの間合いが相変わらず狭い

Argentine Backbreaker timing is strict as always.

・キャラセレの時間が長い

Character select time is long.

P.S, Cyberfanatix people please credit the translator. Pet peeve of mine :)

The Take Out Bandit said:
Athena and Friends is worth googling. :3
If you can find a good scanlation. Everytime Mai just has to end up getting into that "SAME SITUATION."

AND SEXY CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN IS SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuri = Mina???

LowParry

You think we'll see any of these previous concepts put in XIII?

xqibnc.jpg

Or a proper design of Athena? (which is probably doubtful).

27wvji1.jpg

Fersis

This is it, this is what KOF XII should have been.
Welcome to the new generation KOF.

THE KING IS BACK!!!!

BOUGHT!

Thanks man. :D
Looks like there's EX versions of some characters like Terry without jacket.

OH AND TERRY HAS HIS MOTHER EFFIN BUSTER WOLF!

GrayFoxPL

Frankfurt said:
One of the CX guys said there's a "special effect" when Yuri is defeated with a DM, so i assume that's what he meant.
Hold still my heart.

mujun said:
・舞、ユリ、キング参戦

Mai, Yuri and King are in.

・舞の背中が丸見えでエロイ

You can see all of Mai's back, sexaaay!

・キングは上着なし

King isn't wearing her coat/jacket.

・テリーにバスターウルフあり

Terry has his Buster Wolf.

・EX必殺技EX超必殺技追加(例:ユリのらいおけんの弾が増える)

There are EX DMs and EX SDMs, for example you can get extra hits with Yuri's Raioken.

・ハイパードライブゲージでドライブキャンセルすると必殺技から必殺技or超必殺技につながる オリコンちっく

If you Drive Cancel your hyper drive gauge you can chain a DM into another DM or SDM. Like a create a combo system sort of.

・京に空中大蛇薙

Kyo can do his SDM?? (Don't play Kyo) in the air. The one where he slides forward with the massive flame in front of him. His standard one.

・アテナのグラ変わらず

Athena's "gura" is unchanged. Not sure what a "gura" is, assume it's a shortened name for one of her moves or describing her look...

・マチュアと庵と???でチーム

Mature and Iori are on a team with an unrevealed character.

・カラーエディットの数が最多

There are heaps of character colors.

・紅丸が裸

Benimaru is naked??!?!

・アルゼンチンバックブリーカーの間合いが相変わらず狭い

Argentine Backbreaker timing is strict as always.

・キャラセレの時間が長い

Character select time is long.

P.S, Cyberfanatix people please credit the translator. Pet peeve of mine :)

Mujun ski desu! Ski! Ski! We rove you! :]

Fersis

White MoeThena isn't bad either. I blame Ricardo Montalban for setting that precedent though. :p
You better dont mess with Ricardo when latinos are present.... ;)

Fersis said:
You better dont mess with Ricardo when latinos are present.... ;)

I'm not joking.

I grew up with Fantasy Island and he fucked my shit up with Star Trek 2. I had to stop watching that as a kid when he busted out the earwig.

R.I.P. Ricardo!

ShinobiFist said:
YES! OMFG! This is it! Hail to the KING! Wait a sec........Netcode motherfuckers!

Why would arcade release event worry about console stuff? :|

Keep fingers crossed; but I'm not counting on it. ASW, HELP SNK PLEASE!

LowParry

ShinobiFist said:
YES! OMFG! This is it! Hail to the KING! Wait a sec........Netcode motherfuckers!

I think for now I rather see a more complete move list with each character. Character intro's, etc. Theeeeen we'll see about netcode.

Fersis

ShinobiFist said:
This is the arcade reveal, we will bitch about netcode when they announce the console version.

CcrooK said:
Gah! Need some footage already! Neeeeeeeed! I wanna see what King, Mai and Yuri look in motion!
Check NicoNico video, i dont know how to use it though. :lol

ShinobiFist said:

Let's not do that on the holy day. Let's revel in the HYPE and then we can deal with the real issues.

I don't think I have enough jizz available for today. SNK, KEEP BRINGING THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!

ShinAmano

Mai, Yuri and King huh...damn you KoF why must you lure me in to buy again?
12 was horrible

Anyhow...still waiting on Geese and Rock.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
New Pictures are purty! XD Farewell, zooming of KoF XII. Looks like it's far zoomed fixed views now. Meh. Oh well, zoomed out camera should make the spritework look sharper to most people by default, since now they won't see as many "Jaggies"!

If Yuri's clothes do explode, I hope we see things like Terry's hat fly off... Or maybe his jacket get destroyed, and maybe that's what the "Benimaru Naked" mention refered to: after-effects of DM KOs.

Would be so awesome if the AoF Team's last fighter wasn't Takuma, but Kushnood Butt! Terry DOES apparently have Buster Wolf... (Which should look SO AWESOME in this game.)

I would assume an EX DM would basically be an SDM, or will you be able to EX Both levels? Sounds flashy.

Can't wait to see some more gameplay!

Fersis

Im waiting for the gaffer who went to the event.

WE NEED MOAR INFO!

So thats motion blur on the Kim screenshots isnt?

Fo sho!

Although I've always been a fan of zooming since SamSho1. I just thought it added a dynamic feel to the action and in general changed the pace of an otherwise space restricted playing field.

It's just a little thing, and I won't miss it though. Especially if it will get the hatards to STFU about the visuals, which are gorgeous anyhow if you haven't forsaken sprites for brown haired white male Brotagonists! >:|

I think I'll listen to some past tunes of KOF games today at school and work to keep the good old hype strong throughout the day.

Fo sho!

Although I've always been a fan of zooming since SamSho1. I just thought it added a dynamic feel to the action and in general changed the pace of an otherwise space restricted playing field.

It's just a little thing, and I won't miss it though. Especially if it will get the hatards to STFU about the visuals, which are gorgeous anyhow if you haven't forsaken sprites for brown haired white male Brotagonists! >:|

Your input is always appreciated :lol

Reveals:
Well I'm loving the Yuri, King, and Mai artwork, the awesome character select screen, and the tidbits we are hearing about the gameplay system changes ^__^. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELING the hype. Hype GET! :lol

Roster Speculation:
Well using the character select screen and judging from the list of people reportedly found on the XII discs this is our roster for the game:

Japan Team
Kyo Kusanagi
Benimaru Nikaido
Goro Daimon

Elizabeth Team
Elisabeth Branctorche
Duo Lon
Shen Woo

Fatal Fury Team
Terry Bogard
Andy Bogard
Joe Higashi

Kim / Fatal Fury Team
Kim Kaphwan
*Hwa-Jai
Raiden

Women Fighters Team
King
Mai
Yuri

Ash Crimson

Mystery Team
???
???
???

Art of Fighting Team
Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
*Takuma Sakazaki

Psycho Soldier Team
Athena Asamiya
Sie Kensou
Chin Gentsai

'96 Team
Iori Yagami
Mature
*Vice

Ikari Team
Ralf Jones
Clark Still
Leona Heidern

There were 4 others on the list from XII:
A Boss Character
Dark Ash
Classic Iori
Billy Kane

If they were to be playable in the arcade version, Dark Ask and Classic Iori I could see being selectable by holding start over Ash and Iori respectively. The boss character will most likely not be playable in the arcade version or will be selectable off screen. That just leaves us with Billy. I have a feeling Billy won't make the cut and instead we will either get the Agents or K' Team considering they were working with Ikari Warriors and on the boat when all the craziness went down at the end of XI (this IS continuing the story right?). It would be nice as well if Adelheid and a Botan-controlled Rose were sub-bosses as well but I don't want to come off as asking for too much, lol. Either way, I'm excited ^__^.

Fersis

Frankfurt said:
Post the link, you can watch Nico videos through MMCafe's Nico script:

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html
Thats pretty cool.

Urban Scholar said:
I think I'll listen to some past tunes of KOF games today at school and work to keep the good old hype strong throughout the day.
Thats what i do, that and KOF voice impersonation.

Fersis said:
This is the arcade reveal, we will bitch about netcode when they announce the console version.

Check NicoNico video, i dont know how to use it though. :lol

I know that, just wanted to get that out of the way. The Netcode could be garbage for all I care, heck they don't even have to put one in there, I'm fortunate that I have scene out here in the capital of the universe.....New York City:p All jokes aside lets see if this KOF gets a story. I hope they Kill Ash.

Fersis

I want to say hello to all our friends at : Cyberfanatix and Orochinagi.
I love you guys!

I really hope Finaika get some pictures and stuff.

Fersis said:
I want to say hello to all our friends at : Cyberfanatix and Orochinagi.
I love you guys!

Orochinagi is still around...well color me surprised. At this point I DEMAND TRAILER NAO!!!!!!! I need some motion to all these pics.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The more I think about this, the more I feel like King of Fighters XII was one big marketing ploy.

After that, ANYthing they added into the game would have been like them shifting the world off its axis. They can announce every piece of a what KoF is supposed to be and it'll get us excited. They can't possibly disappoint.

Well played, SNK.

GrayFoxPL

"-New "drive cancel" system allows for players to cancel a special or super into another one. Requires the use of the drive meter. EX moves can be used.
-New "Hyper Drive" mode. When the drive meter is at MAX, you can go into the Hyper Drive mode which lets you do infinite drive cancels for a limited time."

K.O. combos incoming. I hope they're not going too far. I like cancelling, but too much freedom can make into some broken shit.

Fersis

GuardianE said:
The more I think about this, the more I feel like King of Fighters XII was one big marketing ploy.

After that, ANYthing they added into the game would have been like them shifting the world off its axis. They can announce every piece of a what KoF is supposed to be and it'll get us excited. They can't possibly disappoint.

Well played, SNK.
KOF XII is an unfinished KOFXIII.

GrayFoxPL said:
K.O. combos incoming. I hope they're not going too far. I like cancelling, but too much freedom can make into some broken shit.
I want my KO combos !!!!!11!!1! ;)

EDIT: Looks like i have work to do. See you later guys. :(

I still think that THIS should have been XII. I don't think people would have been as pissed about XII if it had just been called KoF Re-Birth.

No_Style

Mai and Terry's Buster Wolf are back? A very good start. I want to see more than that tiny video Kotaku posted though.

I still can't believe seeing the return of KOF basics is a big deal. Just shows how much of a disappointment XII was. :/

Fersis

Top Bottom