• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bed time for me,
A shame really because i wanted to see more Giovanni showing some true KOF gameplay but tomorrow is the first day at my new job so i cant be late!

Have fun guys and once again mad love to iPlaywinner.

N4Us

I really shouldn't have used Takuma on my first set. Forgot everything about his 13 gameplay.

But great ranbat all around, and major props to Haunts for streaming (and what a fuckin close match we had too)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
N4Us said:
I really shouldn't have used Takuma on my first set. Forgot everything about his 13 gameplay.

But great ranbat all around, and major props to Haunts for streaming (and what a fuckin close match we had too)

hah GGs man! You def. deserved to move on in the brackets.. I was just playing SF in the KOF universe.

Today was a blast, im actually mad hype about KOFXIII. I hope we can keep this scene going cuz Ill keep streaming it. Seeing some higher level gameplay later on was really inspiring.

anyway, huge thanks to GAF for tuning in. TBH I was surprised we got over 1k viewers for KOF but either way its really awesome. Makes me feel better about setting up and streaming if people are watching!

haunts said:
hah GGs man! You def. deserved to move on in the brackets.. I was just playing SF in the KOF universe.

Today was a blast, im actually mad hype about KOFXIII. I hope we can keep this scene going cuz Ill keep streaming it. Seeing some higher level gameplay later on was really inspiring.

anyway, huge thanks to GAF for tuning in. TBH I was surprised we got over 1k viewers for KOF but either way its really awesome. Makes me feel better about setting up and streaming if people are watching!

Thanks.

I'm interested in really digging into the series as well. I've always been a fan, but there hasn't been an active community here and we would tend to play it SF style as well. It's going to be interesting learning to play the game properly.

Assuming the online portion is indeed solid and Professor Fersis can school me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay Trailer

A few things you'll notice that might not mean anything:

Kim's doing his EX DM in the air. He couldn't do this in arcade; only the normal one worked in air.

Athena has a new voice sample during her neomax.

Terry's MAX Cancel from Buster Wold to NEOMAX took a total of 3 bars: 1 for the DM, 2 for the neomax. Is this a 1 VS 1 change, or a global change? (Or maybe just a glitch for showmanship purposes?)

Either way... GET HAIP BETTY LOVERS! (and Detractors...)

SAB CA said:

Kim's doing his EX DM in the air. He couldn't do this in arcade; only the normal one worked in air.

Terry's MAX Cancel from Buster Wold to NEOMAX took a total of 3 bars: 1 for the DM, 2 for the neomax. Is this a 1 VS 1 change, or a global change? (Or maybe just a glitch for showmanship purposes?)

*pants* Must. Have.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SAB CA said:

Kinda odd that they choose Single Mode to show the game.
But man if its not a beauty to look huh? I would even say thats its a 'bety' to look!! Get it?

I was kinda hoping the trailer would feature more new console stuff, but I suppose the general gaming populace hasn't followed the game as much as us, so the same old we've seen in the arcade release is new to them.

GrayFoxPL

I'm gonna try really hard to learn Iori in this. I like his new style, dm and 1/4 of second neomax. I saw sick combo vids.
I'll attempt to learn Duolon. I'll never work of course.
And together with Shen Woo I form with these my ultimate Team Asshole!

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
Actually it's more from Vice. Me and my friends always said that Vice and Shermie never took a shower and stank like crap.

Shermie don't need to take a bath , goddess don't need one.
She has to be my all time fav female char is KOF , man i am going to enjoy killing you guys that talking crap about betty .
I will bring my own female team yuri (angry meat bun) betty not certain about 3rd char yet to kill people.

SAB CA said:

Not a glitch, it might be a rebalance for HD combos if NeoMAXes only take 2 bars and full HD. It wouldn't make sense for Terry not to spend his last stock, because there's still one left.

EX Burn - 1
Rock You Buster - 1
Tri Geyser - 2

Note that the SDM start up flashes have a new sound effect, shame that they didn't edit it visually though but w/e.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd be happy with the change, if NM that are maxed cancelled into take 1 less stock than naked ones. For example, Leona ( who isn't the best mid-screen combo monster) could do double knee D, HD, Double knee D, Grand Saber, Super Cancel into Slash Saber DM, MAX Cancel into Leona Blade, mid screen, for 3 DM bars.

It'd be much more likely to see such a thing now, and would probably make her (and many other characters) much more viable to play as 2nds, or even first, since it means you'd be able to obtain HD mode + Max cancel combos off your first character now.

Save for the fact that 4 meter would now get you (HD mode -> EX Move -> DM -> NM), or (HD mode -> EXDM -> NM), I see no real negatives about this potential change.

I didn't notice a new sound effect, (hard to tell over the music?), but if so, great ^_^ Anything that adds more polish is very welcome.

Edgeward

Atlus should release a trailer of Raiden getting nerfed. That would be way more exciting than any gameplay vid at this point. I'm already hyped up as it is. ^_^

BTW good shit on the stream, Haunts. Nice to see kof on streams and people at the arcade actually hyped for it unlike the treatment it got at revelations.

SAB CA said:
I'd be happy with the change, if NM that are maxed cancelled into take 1 less stock than naked ones. For example, Leona ( who isn't the best mid-screen combo monster) could do double knee D, HD, Double knee D, Grand Saber, Super Cancel into Slash Saber DM, MAX Cancel into Leona Blade, mid screen, for 3 DM bars.

It'd be much more likely to see such a thing now, and would probably make her (and many other characters) much more viable to play as 2nds, or even first, since it means you'd be able to obtain HD mode + Max cancel combos off your first character now.

Save for the fact that 4 meter would now get you (HD mode -> EX Move -> DM -> NM), or (HD mode -> EXDM -> NM), I see no real negatives about this potential change.

I didn't notice a new sound effect, (hard to tell over the music?), but if so, great ^_^ Anything that adds more polish is very welcome.

...being someone that seems to always be on the receiving end of HD combos much more often than doing them I dunno how to feel about that change.

Such a change could actually be major imo, now not only the 3rd characters will be able to do touch of death combos that easily.

Tizoc

Guys, I think you should've made a new thread for the trailer, that way more people will know about it...instead of thinking that the XIII thread got updated with general discussion :V
Otherwise, slick trailer~

zlatko

Banned
Nothing is more sick than winning a fight with Robert's super where he straightens out his jacket before the last hit. Just makes me wish he would say, HOLD DAT, right when he hits 'em. So sick. :D

Is it October yet? :(

GrayFoxPL

One thing I don't get. In the mag interviews snkp were saying: "No no, no rebalancing!"

and then trollface: "Yea we're rebalancing!"

I'm happy as a whore on ship docking day but it's confusing like Ash'es relationship with Shen Woo.

alstein

GrayFoxPL said:
One thing I don't get. In the mag interviews snkp were saying: "No no, no rebalancing!"

and then trollface: "Yea we're rebalancing!"

I'm happy as a whore on ship docking day but it's confusing like Ash'es relationship with Shen Woo.

So rebalancing is confirmed? If so, I am truly happy. I think fixing Raiden at a minimum will be necessary for this game to have legs in the US.

alstein said:
So rebalancing is confirmed? If so, I am truly happy. I think fixing Raiden at a minimum will be necessary for this game to have legs in the US.
Well, Kim does something in the trailer that wasn't possible in arcade, so one thing has changed at the very least.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
First off, some translations on a Famitsu Interview on KoF-i:

Famitsu Link: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/14046776.html

Madman Cafe's Prof said:
Quick synopsis-

• The producer is Kei Yamamoto, same guy working on console ports.
  • Balancing was hard for the platform. Throws and GeeseCounters were too strong, vs CPU was too easy with simplified commands but too hard with manual commands.
  • Some arcade version staff were involved but the developmed team consisted of separate staff. Everything about the development was hard since it was a new platform. There were a lot of attacks that needed rebalancing because of that.
  • Billy was included because they thought his presence would bring a big impact and he's popular amongst players.
  • Wifi battle is something they can look into, but nothing under the hood right now.
  • A version update is slated for October. Also, additional stuff are under development and they want to add things in to the shop and whereever else that seems good.
  • If many people pick up KOFi and it gets good feedback, they might consider porting other titles as well. But first thing first is the update.

And here's three points that were interesting enough for a full translation.

Q: Personally, I feel unfortunate that Iori, who's usually in the series, isn't in this game. Are there plans to add him in?
A: "There may be people who are wondering why Iori isn't in the game while Kyo is. We can't reveal any plans yet, but please wait and see what characters will be coming out."

Q: We hear that there's going to be 6 additional characters by October. Can you tell us just a little bit on who'll be added in?
A: "Please look forward. They'll be solid, and worth the wait."

Q: Can you tell us secretly if there will be any new smartphone-exclusive characters?
A: "Sorry, it's a secret.!"

A Japanese Match Video, with some quality Gameplay (And no Raiden... but there is K'...)

A MAX cancel Combo Music Video:Stars with Shen Woo showing us the easiest (Meter Intensive) 100% Damage Combo EVER! :lol: This is fine though, since he invokes the power of Raoh to do it.

Oh, and KoF 95 came out on JP PSN/PSP NeoGeo Station today. So... err... enjoy!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
_dementia said:
smartphone exclusive characters would be a real tragedy.

I'd hope any "exclusives" would follow the same path Billy is blazing:

1. Preview On phone.
  2. Wait 3 months
  3. ......
  4. Character comes to console release!

It'd be a nice way to make some money while in the middle of content creation, as well as do some really lame beta testing to see how broken phone players can make the characters seem.

alstein

Geesecounters? Does that mean Geese is in the game?

I can see why Geesecounters with drive cancel system might lead to counter into DMs or worse.

Tizoc

alstein said:
Geesecounters? Does that mean Geese is in the game?

I can see why Geesecounters with drive cancel system might lead to counter into DMs or worse.
I'm more curious as to why it was translated as Geesecounters...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Just a heads up we will be broadcasting KOFXIII on July 24th live from Southtown Arcade. Special guests all the way from Southern California will be making the trek to NorCal to test their might so this should be a fuckin' awesome stream.

I am super hype that after just one stream it lit the competitive fire and is getting people to travel so far just to compete. :)

Also, I uploaded a handful of matches from the last stream to youtube. Im going to assume anyone reading this post already saw these matches, but if not you can check em out here: http://www.youtube.com/iplaywinner

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the Info update, o Bacon of Hope! Lookin forward to seeing how much you and your local crew improve; it's been great watching the "Alex Arcade" group grow in their ways, from the old AI tourneys. Stiff competetion awaits!

I think it's funny that I wanna imagine "Alex Arcade" as "AI-EX". I blade SF for that, but it IS kinda fitting...

haunts said:
Just a heads up we will be broadcasting KOFXIII on July 24th live from Southtown Arcade. Special guests all the way from Southern California will be making the trek to NorCal to test their might so this should be a fuckin' awesome stream.

I am super hype that after just one stream it lit the competitive fire and is getting people to travel so far just to compete. :)

Also, I uploaded a handful of matches from the last stream to youtube. Im going to assume anyone reading this post already saw these matches, but if not you can check em out here: http://www.youtube.com/iplaywinner
Nice. Looking forward to the stream!

CadetMahoney said:
knee slapper and fixed.
Why Betty too? Last I checked she was just A, you might as well nerf Kyo and the rest of the A tier :T

Anyways, thanks for the link haunts, I missed the stream so I‘ll be sure to check it.

Tizoc

General Shank-a-snatch said:
If Iori '98 will be reality, then he'll probably debut in the iPhone game instead of Ioriscratchy before people get their hands on the console game.
I wonder if anyone's 'hacked' the iPhone ver. to see if it has any data on the additional characters?

Top Bottom