• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

alstein

I'd say the only nerfs needed would be turning Drop Kick into Ralf Kick (charge move, beats fireballs), and a 5-10% nerf to K's damage. Then you buff the low tier. If that was gone I think the game would be really well balanced. I don't think any drastic changes are needed outside of Raiden drop kick (and Raiden would be solid even without the move)

Dandy J

k' problem isnt really his damage, i mean its good but the two biggest problems are 1. his jump D on laggy arcade monitors is annoying to block (not a problem on the home port im assuming) and has a pretty retarded hitbox, and 2. his flame is 0 on block whereas in past games it was always a pretty significant disadvantage. thats what allows him to lockdown in the corner so well.

LegatoB

Dandy J said:
k' problem isnt really his damage, i mean its good but the two biggest problems are 1. his jump D on laggy arcade monitors is annoying to block (not a problem on the home port im assuming) and has a pretty retarded hitbox, and 2. his flame is 0 on block whereas in past games it was always a pretty significant disadvantage. thats what allows him to lockdown in the corner so well.
That is magnificently terrible. I can't wait to get my K' on all day.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dandy J said:
Raiden Drop kick looks pretty safe too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So.. wheres Atlus?
Werent they to answer stuff on Dreamcancel? What about a trailer showing the console features? Wheres the confirmation of the 'no blur filter' option huh?

shidoshi said:
Pocchari Athena is Best Athena. Those skinny bitch versions are just impostors!
I just googled Pocchari. Thats a funny word.

Fersis said:
So.. wheres Atlus?
Werent they to answer stuff on Dreamcancel? What about a trailer showing the console features? Wheres the confirmation of the 'no blur filter' option huh?

They're probably waiting for the KOFi wind to die down a little. Late August would be a good time for plenty of info.

Fersis

Dandy J said:
ive never tested but i assume the longest charge versions are + on block
WTF

It would be nice if KOFXIII on consoles have an optional arrange mode like KOFXI had.

rvy

Banned
shidoshi said:
Pocchari Athena is Best Athena. Those skinny bitch versions are just impostors!
YnY9q.gif

Tizoc

Fersis said:
WTF

It would be nice if KOFXIII on consoles have an optional arrange mode like KOFXI had.
Wait I thought nobody bothered playing the arrange mode of XI? It wasn't even used in tournies.

_dementia said:
Pocchari Athena would be fine if her face wasn't fucked up moeshit
It's not fucked up: OG Athena from the 80s' looked moe too.

GrayFoxPL

General Shank-a-snatch said:
I agree with the rest of the cast getting a buff: Hit Taunt to kill K' and Raiden instantly.

To score a taunt first you must get out of hit stun. So they win again.

Edgeward said:
OMG Do not google image search Pocchari. Can't unsee.

Why is that. I don't see what's the big

AH MY EYES.

King looks so solid. I'm curious on the properties on that neomax though. Sometimes, it does insane damage, and in other match vids, it hits 2-3 times.

Fersis said:
Raiden Drop kick looks pretty safe too.

Raiden's fully charged drop kick is EASILY the most retarded move in the game. Fast as hell? Check. Safe on block? Check. BIG damage? Check. Leads to EVEN MORE big damage? Check. Can hold two at a time? Check.

It's honestly the only thing I'd love for them to change from the arcade version. The requirements for it seem like a huge hindrance (not being able to use kicks for 30 seconds and all techniques that need them), but in practice they're not (hell, I hear there are ways he can use them AND keep the charge). Every battle with Raiden is a battle in fear of that fucking kick and in a way a race against time.

Also, this is just personal preference, but nerf Kyo's freaking air Orochinagi, it should not be so easy to combo into AND out of >.> Yes I'm salty if that's what you want to call it.

Off-topic: My arcade now pretty much has every KoF ever worth playing except XI and maybe MIRA. It's glorious. Just felt like sharing >.>

SolarKnight said:
Raiden's fully charged drop kick is EASILY the most retarded move in the game. Fast as hell? Check. Safe on block? Check. BIG damage? Check. Leads to EVEN MORE big damage? Check. Can hold two at a time? Check.

It's honestly the only thing I'd love for them to change from the arcade version. The requirements for it seem like a huge hindrance (not being able to use kicks for 30 seconds and all techniques that need them), but in practice they're not (hell, I hear there are ways he can use them AND keep the charge). Every battle with Raiden is a battle in fear of that fucking kick and in a way a race against time.

Also, this is just personal preference, but nerf Kyo's freaking air Orochinagi, it should not be so easy to combo into AND out of >.> Yes I'm salty if that's what you want to call it.

Off-topic: My arcade now pretty much has every KoF ever worth playing except XI and maybe MIRA. It's glorious. Just felt like sharing >.>

This is so fucking true, that move is so fucking broken lol .
I mean i play raiden but that move needs to been tone down 1 drop it is death and also it takes off of ton of your guard bar if you block.

Kyo air Orochinagi is okay since he get nerf to only 1 super .
If he had his QCF x 2 from 98 he would be super crazy good.

K needs a little bit of a nerf also .

Fersis

Heads up

iPlaywinner said:
Southtown Arcade Summer Ranbat Stream Will be Up in about 30-45 Min with KOFXIII

EDIT: Its live.

Fersis

More players for KOF than Mahvel.

OH GOD YES!
UH OH HAUNTS gonna play KOFXIII.

Fersis

Phoenixazure said:
commentary on this stream is hype. Loving this.
The KOF love is sicking . SICKENINGLY DELICIOUS.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Watching KoF With so many full-height jumps and Fireball / DP game is... (o_O)

Still great to see it streamed, of course. But I'm always suprised with how different the pacing of the game looks when people don't take advantage of the hops.

Ah, and if I were Andy, I woulda ended that last round with Neomax! XD Got the meters, Kyo is whiffing everywhere, you basically have a full screen punish... just go hop crazy to bait, and then MURDER, lol. :(

That Maxima HD combo early on was pretty nice though, even if it felt it ended early. You never see Maxima HD, and he even fit in the air EX Vapor KANNUNNNN for creepy slow knockdown!

On Iori: "He doesn't need flames! As long as he can still play saxaphone, it's all good!" :)

TreIII

SAB CA said:
Still great to see it streamed, of course. But I'm always suprised with how different the pacing of the game looks when people don't take advantage of the hops.

Everyone/everything's gotta start from somewhere.

Lite-Brite Athena = ROFL

mollipen

Fersis said:
I just googled Pocchari. Thats a funny word.

Sometimes its use can mean "fat", but typically I go with the other usage of just being more "rounded" in terms of body style.

But to be fair, yeah, her new face does kind of ruin things. But that body! UNF. And original Athena had a body like that, so again, skinny Athena isn't real Athena.

Fersis

Even MadMan Cafe's TheProfessor is on the stream chat.
So hype right now.

SAB CA said:
Watching KoF With so many full-height jumps and Fireball / DP game is... (o_O)

So true lol
If it's one thing i tell people that now learning how to play KOF is learn how to jump .
If you don't you will never be able to take advantage when people mess up.

Fersis

gundamkyoukai said:
So true lol
If it's one thing i tell people that now learning how to play KOF is learn how to jump .
If you don't you will never be able to take advantage when people mess up.
Dood.
The first time i saw japanese and korean footage of KOF my mind melt.
We didnt play anything like that here in Argentina. ;____; I felt as such a scrub that i almost cried.

Fersis

haunts said:
this game is godlike, wish i knew how to play it. hope you guys are enjoying the stream!
Thanks to you man. (And all the SouthTown Arcade and iPW staff)

So far Giovanni was the best. True KOF rushdown.

EDIT: Damn gotta go due some family issues. =/

Fersis

Props to Haunts for not using the S Tier Team: K',Raiden,Elisabeth

Top Bottom