• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
GuardianE said:
Is this a leaked file or a doctored image?

Leaked file, SNK took it down already, but I saw the original link to it and it was from SNK itself. I saved it but someone else uploaded it, so I decided just to use his link. :lol

But yeah, its real, no photoshoping. :lol
There is even one that says BOSS.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
-DarKaoZ- said:
Leaked file, SNK took it down already, but I saw the original link to it and it was from SNK itself. I saved it but someone else uploaded it, so I decided just to use his link. :lol

But yeah, its real, no photoshoping. :lol
There is even one that says BOSS.

Niiiiiiiice. :D

MrMephistoX

Fersis said:
Jungle (Brazil?),London,Japan,India + KOF12 Stadium,French Cafe,Egypt remixes.

Really so the stages from the original XII are in? I actually enjoyed all three of them but never bought the game so new to me. If SNK add at least two more unique stages I'm a day one purchase. As of now it's a definite purchase in reserve for when I need a break from SSFIV based on these 7 stages and Mai.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
MrMephistoX said:
Really so the stages from the original XII are in? I actually enjoyed all three of them but never bought the game so new to me. If SNK add at least two more unique stages I'm a day one purchase. As of now it's a definite purchase in reserve for when I need a break from SSFIV based on these 7 stages and Mai.

We have 8 stages confirmed, XII French, Stadium, Egypt and China remix stages, then the 4 new Jungle, London, Japan and India. And then SNK said there will be more, so I expect at least 3 more.

MrMephistoX

-DarKaoZ- said:
We have 8 stages confirmed, XII French, Stadium, Egypt and China remix stages, then the 4 new Jungle, London, Japan and India. And then SNK said there will be more, so I expect at least 3 more.

Lol the China stage is back in? My wife (who is of Chinese descent) walked in when I'd rented XII one time and was offended enough to start cursing Japan in her native tongue.

I found it amusing and therefore with 8 stages I'm a day one purchaser!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Will be K' Maxima and either Whip or Kula (most likely Kula, ESPECIALLY if Billy isn't with Kim and Raiden)

If a boss team is added- how about Ash/Billy/Eiji (who just want to kill Iori?)

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Frankfurt said:
Maxima, most likely.

Kula is way too popular to not be in if K' is. But K's worked with Lin, Vanessa and Ramon too before.

My bet is on Kula, Whip and/or Vanessa. Any of those will make it, I really don't want Maxima, I never liked him at all. :lol

jett

D-Member
holy crap it was a pain in the ass to make this:

5l3rb8.gif

LowParry

Frankfurt said:
Maxima, most likely.

Kula is way too popular to not be in if K' is. But K's worked with Lin, Vanessa and Ramon too before.

Hrm. Hrmmmm. As much as I would REALLY like to see Vanessa in, Maxima does seem like the proper choice. Guess we'll see. But I'm hoping for Vanessa.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
LOL at Fersis's twitter.

My twitter is nowhere near that focused (mix of economics, fighting games, and weather)

K' team doesn't really hype me either direction- though Maxima is one of my top picks- I didn't like 2k2UM Maxima. Still hyped though and on the train for this. Only worry is the online, and potential balance issues (no way of telling yet of course)

If Kula makes it, give her a real crouching C attack please, so she has two crouching punches and two crouching kicks?

Vanessa, I doubt she'll be the third- but it would be a counter to Kim (with a kicker you need a boxer)

Ash/Vanessa/Seth as an added team would work though as well. (Seth is more badass then Ramon)

Calcaneus

I played the KOF XII demo, it looked so amazing, I would bought the full game that day if I didn't know about all the problems it had.

If this has more characters and better online I would definitely go for it. I haven't played a new SNK game in years.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Calcaneus said:
I played the KOF XII demo, it looked so amazing, I would bought the full game that day if I didn't know about all the problems it had.

If this has more characters and better online I would definitely go for it. I haven't played a new SNK game in years.

I'm betting that current KOFXII probably has SF4 quality netcode, but the lack of players means you get Brazilians or Mexicans if you're in the US- which will lag even if it's GGPO.

Has anyone played America to America in current patch? In that, how does it compare to SF4 netcode.

Sapiens

arstal said:
I'm betting that current KOFXII probably has SF4 quality netcode, but the lack of players means you get Brazilians or Mexicans if you're in the US- which will lag even if it's GGPO.

Has anyone played America to America in current patch? In that, how does it compare to SF4 netcode.

Nope, not even close. I've played the same people on SFIV and KOFXII via PSN and SFIV netcode is LEAGUES better. SFIV approaches lag free matches frequently, whereas KOF XII is just terrible.

I really want to buy this, but I'll hold off preordering until I get word that the netcode is SFIV quality or better.

tzare

arstal said:

i have played with friends here in spain and it is playable but still irregular, sometimes lagfree, sometimes not.However, it is also much faster game than SFIV so it suffers more from lag than the slow paced capcom game.

btw, there is more lag if game rooms have more than 2 people or headset is used. There should be an option to set LIVE broadcast to OFF when more people playing. Yeh, it is boring to wait, but until netcode is good , i'd focus on gameplay rather than extras.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
valenti said:
How did you do that??
Google Flash decompiler. :3

arstal said:
LOL at Fersis's twitter.

My twitter is nowhere near that focused (mix of economics, fighting games, and weather)
What did i tweet? I didnt tweet anything funny or weird.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
storafötter said:
This is one of the smartest insightful posts I have read in a long time.

Thanks, I was almost expecting to wake up and see "How many racial references did you make in that last paragraph!" lines, heh. Nice when ones meaning is actually understood ^_^

----

Ok, I awoke today, and hoped for, say, a video... instead I get HD Direct feed (SHORT) Captures, and TEAM MUSIC?!?! WooT WOoT WoOT WooT! -ahem- Didn't expect it like this, and so fast! The Psycho Soldier team music reminds me of Megaman X themes! Elisabeth's team team music is great! Iori's team brings back the Sexy Sax! Team AoF invokes the feeling I get when listening to their "First stage VS Ryuhaku Todo!" fight! The Beginning of the Woman's team music sounds just like a certain Marvel VS Capcom 2 theme! It's like instant nostalgia.

SNKP proves it knows how to refresh something old into something new, but yet still respect the old. I already wanna hum these themes as if I've heard them for years. After one musical pass, it's like the next repeat, it's etched into my "hum" memory banks... That's a mark of good music.

However, it is all very different than KoF XII music. I can easily see why one would like that musical style more / those tracks, but this is quality stuff, regardless.

Note in Kim's movelist, it list "3" supers for him, BTW. I don't think I remember a double fireball motion one mentioned for him before.

King's sprite is pretty nice (love those mature eyes), and Yuri's face looks (expectedly) quite a bit better when you can see her little mouth. As pervy as this sounds, I love how loose the fabric looks on Mai's shirt :lol It helps so much that it doesn't look like bodypaint, it actually proves "Naaa, this crap doesn't offer ANY SUPPORT WHAT SO EVER!" with a whisper of something like "You can't hold THESE back! It's like blocking twin Tsunamis!"- In other words, very nice sprite detail. I'm also glad her winpose didn't go all "Gainix/Modern anime" on us.

Lastly, As much as I like Maxima (His "mature beyond his years" personality is such a nice contrast to all the "I wanna stay young and schoolboyish forever!" mentality going around), I'd actually prefer K', Kula, and Whip (Just no other K members, or SNKP might get in trouble...) Or maybe even Foxy... Hai, Hai, La Cachola! Hai Hai!

Decent Hype work so far, SNKP, follow those crappy Capcom-style SSFIV leak traditions! Great music (First Next-Gen fighter with non-stage-based themes?), what looks to be solid gameplay systems, gorgeous stages, loads of victory art, a story, returns of old supers, loads of new tactics thanks to EX... looking forward to this so badly!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
The animation is so great.

The retards that hated on KOF12's spritework need to go get assfucked.
You better buy KOF13 or ELSE.... OR ELSE!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If Kula makes it in, I don't want La Cachola, I don't want Freeze Execution as it is now.

I want Kula to fight without assists.

-DarKaoZ- said:

8 Stages!! DAMMMIT!! OHMMMYGOD!! If they get three more in and remix the old ones plus have the team-specific themes and three bosses, this game is definitely a 180.

Those Hyper combos seem difficult. I didn't play KOF2002 enough to really get a handle of the MAX combos.

Hey Fersis, is the 15MB file that is hosted on Z-Share the same as the one on Rapidshare?

Fersis

arstal said:
If Kula makes it in, I don't want La Cachola, I don't want Freeze Execution as it is now.

I think its a bad traduction of La Cachorra. At least thats how we call her in Latin America.

Urban Scholar said:
Oh sir, I just read your latest tweet and um...you do...wow.

I replied back to you and in awe
I love my KOF. (I also tried to convince my ex to dress like Leona, but what she asked in exchange was impossible to accept)

Spiderjericho said:
8 Stages!! DAMMMIT!! OHMMMYGOD!! If they get three more in and remix the old ones plus have the team-specific themes and three bosses, this game is definitely a 180.

Those Hyper combos seem difficult. I didn't play KOF2002 enough to really get a handle of the MAX combos.

Hey Fersis, is the 15MB file that is hosted on Z-Share the same as the one on Rapidshare?
SNKP Said there are more stages.

Yup the same file.

Fersis

Spiderjericho said:
Thanks. How come you don't hit accept on my PSN friend request, so we can be KOF battle buddies? krp1976
Did you put GAF on the subject? (Fersis is an old account that i dont use anymore).

So yeah guys, KOF13 is shaping up to be all kind of awesome. Everything KOF12 should have been and more!
-New Music. (Very good music)
-More characters.
-K' and Kula?
-Remixed and new stages.
-Story
-Nice gameplay mechanics.

CHOOOO CHOOOO!!

VP of KOF love and hype.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fersis said:
Did you put GAF on the subject? (Fersis is an old account that i dont use anymore).

So yeah guys, KOF13 is shaping up to be all kind of awesome. Everything KOF12 should have been and more!
-New Music. (Very good music)
-More characters.
-K' and Kula?
-Remixed and new stages.
-Story
-Nice gameplay mechanics.

CHOOOO CHOOOO!!

VP of KOF love and hype.

So far, I'm seeing everything KOF12 should have been.

In order for it to be more? Has to have solid netcode.

But I'm fine with buying "what KOF12 should have been" anyway.

Fersis

GuardianE said:
So far, I'm seeing everything KOF12 should have been.

In order for it to be more? Has to have solid netcode.

But I'm fine with buying "what KOF12 should have been" anyway.
Its all about the arcade now, we will have time to : 'No good netcode, no buy'.
I want a limited edition, i would buy 3 copies. <-- I know i know its not arcade talk.

Im really happy to see Cyberfanatix,Orochinagi,GAF and SRK saying good things about XIII.

Fersis said:
I want a limited edition, i would buy 3 copies. <-- I know i know its not arcade talk.

An artbook would be rather nice it would go well with the history of KOF one I got later year.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fersis said:

Im really happy to see Cyberfanatix,Orochinagi,GAF and SRK saying good things about XIII.

This is kinda why I want Atlus to pick the title up. They would most assuredly create an awesome Limited Edition.

Both Atlus and NISA have been publishing some recent SNKP stuff, haven't they?

Fersis

Urban Scholar said:
An artbook would be rather nice it would go well with the history of KOF one I got later year.
Even if the limited edition is a picture of an artbook i would totally buy it. :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
arstal said:

Oh, I don't care if she has that move or not, I just think it'd be nice if she can have some of her "family" in the game with her. It could provide some nice interaction, especially in a game that has story segements, endings, and the (small?) potential for chara-specific intros.

SNKP keeps stating that Foxy didn't die at the end of the NEST saga, right? She's be pretty unique to have in the game. Maybe even Diana (though I never thought Diana seemed too special VS Foxy, but they could suprse us!)

Fully expect Kula to have Candy-like Colors... but wouldn't expect Candy.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Loving the roster so far. I usually play with K', King and Terry, so this is shaping up nicely

kdash7

YESS!!!! K' is back!!!!

YES OMG!!!! Cant wait to see him in action!!!

And the OSTs are really good!! reminds me of Kof98. Thanks Fersis!!

Thanks Darkaoz n Rexx for the K' confirmation and those new gameplay mechanic vids!! Sweet!!

It is arcade right now. It'll be interesting to see player feedback come SBO time. But at least they've identified a few characters that are a bit overpowered. Hopefully, they rebalance it.

For console, just include the gallery, challenge (like KOFXI or 98UM) and good netcode (rip off Aksys implemenation from Blaz Blue). It'll be inexcusable to have poor netcode this time.

Speaking of backgrounds. I'd say KOF 95 was the best background wise. I say that because every team had their own background. KOF 96 had the best backgrounds, quality wise. Remember the doors opening on the Korean team's stage, plus the reflections in the puddles on the ground while that incredible rock music played in the background. And the Osaka background was boss with the cars, spectators, big screen. The Kyokugen and Garou team's backgrounds were eh. But all of the others were very good.

Top Bottom