• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

I forgot there were parries in this game. I think they should've developed the systems more (especially revising the criticial counters). The game is gorgeous.

The achievements/trophies are retarded in this game. Seriously, finish trial using one character.

Augemitbutter said:
uh....don't take fighting games serious.

everything looks ridiculous.

patrickthehedgehog said:
They pretty much look like the people in the Japan level. So far all the background characters have been in that style.

Perhaps I seemed angry in my post. (Not sure why)

But I'm not angry, upset nor do I think that it's trying to be racist. However, I just wouldn't feel right supporting this game with gaming dollars or by word of mouth. It's not a case of me taking the game seriously, Im not gonna get on some soapbox or anything, but I feel it's a bit ridiculous.

Lol, as a side note, I just thinking about my favorite KoF (the one for Dreamcast), of the 2 black dudes on there one was a boxer (that's cool) and the other fought his enemies using jumpshots and throwing basketballs(lolol...oh how I luv you SNK!)

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Dark Machine said:
I take it the PSN netcode didn't improve then? Since I only had it a week and before the patch I never found out.

It did improve, but nothing on SF4 level. I still had some lagless matches with people, but most of them were laggy.

mujun

Barry Lightning said:
holy shit that background!

japan, japan, japan...

They just don't understand. There seems to be absolutely no malicious intent behind it but I do wish they'd "grow up" with that kind of stuff sometimes.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bay Maximus said:
Perhaps I seemed angry in my post. (Not sure why)

But I'm not angry, upset nor do I think that it's trying to be racist. However, I just wouldn't feel right supporting this game with gaming dollars or by word of mouth. It's not a case of me taking the game seriously, Im not gonna get on some soapbox or anything, but I feel it's a bit ridiculous.

Lol, as a side note, I just thinking about my favorite KoF (the one for Dreamcast), of the 2 black dudes on there one was a boxer (that's cool) and the other fought his enemies using jumpshots and throwing basketballs(lolol...oh how I luv you SNK!)

You know, to a degree, Geese Howard always reminded me of a Rush Hour quote (paraphrased) "When something bad is happening, follow the rich white man! It's always his fault!"

There are some qualities, traits, and ideals that each race and nation carries with them. Considering how tough it is in hollywood for asians, I always grin when Japanese game creators place asians in martial arts roles all the time. Or when every European is a refined jerk. Or how chinese people are normally similiar to Japanese, but often a bit more uncooth. Or how African-Americans always like sports, or are always either large and intimidating, or smaller and comic relief.

But that's just how character design is. You take familiar qualities, and place them with a look that relates to those things. The balance isn't trying to avoid those qualities all together, but instead, in trying to give some of that to be familiar, and then depart from making it too overbearing.

I do hope we get some more "Cool Black people" in KoF XIII to balance out the "Dumpy Background Black People" a bit, but I don't think it's offensive, either way.

Now if they where chuckin' spears left and right, wearing dimwitted looks with HUGE lips, frying some chicken, eating watermellons, sitting on poarches besides monkeys, and commiting some ride-by arrow-shooting over plant-made drugs, then I'd be offended too!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
You know, to a degree, Geese Howard always reminded me of a Rush Hour quote (paraphrased) "When something bad is happening, follow the rich white man! It's always his fault!"

There are some qualities, traits, and ideals that each race and nation carries with them. Considering how tough it is in hollywood for asians, I always grin when Japanese game creators place asians in martial arts roles all the time. Or when every European is a refined jerk. Or how chinese people are normally similiar to Japanese, but often a bit more uncooth. Or how African-Americans always like sports, or are always either large and intimidating, or smaller and comic relief.

But that's just how character design is. You take familiar qualities, and place them with a look that relates to those things. The balance isn't trying to avoid those qualities all together, but instead, in trying to give some of that to be familiar, and then depart from making it too overbearing.

I do hope we get some more "Cool Black people" in KoF XIII to balance out the "Dumpy Background Black People" a bit, but I don't think it's offensive, either way.

Now if they where chuckin' spears left and right, wearing dimwitted looks with HUGE lips, frying some chicken, eating watermellons, sitting on poarches besides monkeys, and commiting some ride-by arrow-shooting over plant-made drugs, then I'd be offended too!

:lol QFT

People need to chill, its a damn background. Is like saying that SF4 and SSF4 Africa Backgrounds clearly show how Africa really is. Full of crazy people shooting their guns to the air and constant eclipses happening with animals all around. :lol

- And in the section where they asked what characters you wanted to see, I said K', Kula, Yamazaki and Vanessa (in that order). I chose them partly based I see them requested by fans more than most other characters. Since I know a lot of KOF fans outside of Japan can't go to the location test, I did my best to make sure your requests were (indirectly) heard.

Good choices. I most definitely approve, major props to this guy. I hope we get some Nests-era characters at the very least. I mean we've got the veteran FF and AoF characters, the Orochi saga characters and the Ash saga characters, I'm really puzzled at the complete lack of Nests characters. If this really is a last ditch effort for KoF it would seem odd to ignore such a significant pillar of KoF history. I mean I know there are some people who could care less about the Nests games whether it was for the characters, the plot, or the gameplay. But not having K' (not the biggest fan here, I'm more for Kula <3)at the very least would be like not having Terry or Ryo.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Dark Machine said:
I take it the PSN netcode didn't improve then? Since I only had it a week and before the patch I never found out.

Barely. Last time I was online, it was dead. One person online.

Projectjustice said:
Rapid, KOF12 is only worth it on 360 for $25. The netcode patch did wonders but it was just a bit too late. The community is dead. I still own it on 360, im always up for some games. Hit me up anyone, gamertag: projectjustice.

SAB CA said:
Surely. Especially if you have a local friend to play it with. If you like Leona, she's awesome in the game, too ^_^ Moon Slasher, when it hits at the right points, is stupid strong.

I should also add that I'm up for KoF XII play on 360, whenever I'm there.
Gamertag is SAB CA - but friendlist is quite full -_-; So just drop a message. Location: East Coast NC.

Thanks, I'll def let you two know if I do. I think the last kof I've played was 98. $25 seems cheap enough to where I might not care even if I don't like it :lol

Man, I played single player KOFXII for probably an hour and a half. I don't understand how they would "entice" the player to replay single player 20 somewhat times to unlock those achievements/trophies. It's insane. And that beat the game in less than 3:30 is ridiculous unless you pick a character with a good three-hit combo like Leona or Big Bear.

But the graphics are sooo gorgeous. The only thing it was missing was more backgrounds and introductions.

I'd say KOFXII was probably a 7/10 (mostly for the gorgeous graphics and solid gameplay but O' course the net code sucked and the game was bare bones). If you can find it for cheap, definitely get it...especially if you have people to play. Having said that, KOF98UM and KOF2002UM are better purchases (and cheaper).

KOFXIII, especially for console, should get bumped up to a 8.5 to 9/10 depending on the game balance, netcode and fleshing the story, backgrounds, extras.

Spiderjericho said:
Having said that, KOF98UM and KOF2002UM are better purchases (and cheaper).

THIS! I have been going back and forth between 02UM and XI (my two fav KoF games) all weekend since these the vids started popping up. I love 02UM so damn much, I was very happy when I read reports saying 13 feels a lot like 2002.

LOVING the site design and the team music played when picking them. Only thing that would have made the character info even more awesome was if they included the alt colors to scroll through, :lol .

Not to sound demanding, but hopefully someone can translate the info on the site (im really interested in what it says for the story and system sections).

HYPE GET! FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELING IT SNK! I NEED THIS GAME!

Alright, so the new web site just went up and now people are already finding secret stuff. The identity of the 10th team may have been inadvertently spoiled by the web site. A posters over on Cyberfanatix (link contains spoilers) found a link to the banner for the final team plus some other stuff.

I'll spoiler it just in case, but I expect this to get around pretty fast.
The final banner said Team K', plus there are three boss logos. (One of the boss logos is Ash's "Edit" logo, read into that what you will.)

FYI, The Team K' banner has since been removed and I did not personally see it, but others are already going on about it so it seems to be true.

Now whether this is true or not, or these were just place holders remains to be seen.

Frankfurt

Banned
Argh!!! I missed whatever was showing the last team on the official site... :lol

Still, two bosses confirmed is a good thing.

EDIT: Oh, it was just a reference to.. that dude. I guess that should nail the choices of teammates down.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn, the music is crazy good.
Love the website.

The King is Back bitches!
^___^

Gunloc said:
The final banner said K' Team, plus there are three boss logos. FYI, The K' team banner has since been removed and I did not personally see it, but others are already going on about it so it seems to be true.

Now whether this is true or not, or these were just place holders remains to be seen.

A hearty yes is in order.

edit: Ramon? I enjoy playing with him due to his over exuberance going hand to hand with his lucha libre fighting style.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
K' Team? More bosses?
Game of the forever!!!!
Oh wow!!!!

Please be K' and Kula! Please be K' and Kula!
Wow you can download each team song. @____@
The music is like the best on the series!!

p_rose_stadium_100329.jpg

Check the image file name.

Fersis said:
Check the image file name.
Well, there are roses in the center of the stage, but I see what you are insinuating. Rose is obviously involved in the story, whether of not she's a boss or is just the host of the tournament like before (if either) is another story.

Though I would love to see Rose fight, she does specialize in fencing after all.

I love Team Elisabeth's theme.

Fersis

Ive uploaded the sountrack files in one handy .zip
DONT THINK FEEEL IT!!!

zlatko

Banned
I'm not even a fan of the Art of Fighting team characters, but I love their theme music.

I hope that K' confirmation/leak is legit, because my team of K', King, and Joe is the stuff of legends. :lol

All that remains in the next few months is the net code being put to rest and we'll have the best KoF game in who knows how long to play for a few years. :D

Fersis said:
KOF13_OST_Clips.zip - 15.63MB
ZShare upload.

Damn im so hyped about this music that i want to troll Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack on the official thread!!!! 11!!

I want to marry a girl named Elizabeth :3

Fersis beat me to my little gift to the thread but Fersis is HYPE VP so it's good.

Now there are 2 vids on the site about Hyper Drive Mode and EX Attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9FcZCIzYg -Hyper Drive Mode vid. Look at the info box for the actual combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUlJa3nyy-M -EX Attack Demo with Athena's Psycho Ball

And did I mention it's in HD.

Enjoy.

Fersis

ReXXXSoprano delivering the goods once again.
OP updated with:
-Those 2 videos
-Link to the Zshare upload of the OST.
-Loketest video.

Fersis

Spiderjericho said:
So, how many backgrounds do we have now?
Jungle (Brazil?),London,Japan,India + KOF12 Stadium,French Cafe,Egypt remixes.

Reading Fersis' tweets on his thoughts on KOF 13 updates is rather amusing.

didn't know you felt that way about Mai but I can concur as well.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Onemise said:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/img/bg_img/p_rose_stadium_100329.jpg

looks too simple & boring. nothing beats the arena stages of 96 Boss Team & Chizuru Stages.

For what I can see its just a revamp of KOF12 Stadium Stage, and that stage is just gorgeous. But yes, KOF 96 stages are the shit, but no stages have gone to that level of awesome and detail yet ever since.

EDIT: Oh fuck... I forgot to copy paste this into the edit of the other post I did, sorry. :lol

RainbowByte said:
music is awesome.
I want to believe the game will make up for XII
Good grief look at those Mai sprite boobs animate :lol

I knew I couldn't have been the only one staring at her animation :lol

Fersis said:
Ive uploaded the sountrack files in one handy .zip
DONT THINK FEEEL IT!!!

Many thanks for that!

Fersis

Are you hype? ARE YOU HYPE? * With Gladiator voice *

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
Are you hype? ARE YOU HYPE? * With Gladiator voice *

FUCK YEAH! :D

Man I can't wait! I just want to see K sprite already!

Music still could be better thought... =/

And we need someone to translate the stories, specially Ash.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Sir Garbageman said:
Mai's standing animation is absurd and awesome.

Best animated Boobs ever? :lol

I must say, this is the first time I like Mai sprite, i always thought it look like crap, even in CvsSNK series.

SAB CA said:

There are some qualities, traits...

This is one of the smartest insightful posts I have read in a long time.

I really look forward to this game, but i just hope K' is around this time. I remember after just playing KOF 94 in the arcades and KOF 98 through emulation back in the day it was very intimidating to pick between the gazillion new characters with later installments. However K' was one of these characters that stood out to me and was enjoyable to play.

Does anyone know when Kof 2002:Unlimited Match for ps2 will be out in Europe?

*edit*
Holy shit K' is back? niice :D

rvy

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

UNVEIL IT ALREADY, YOU SNK FUCKHEADS!

Top Bottom