• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
test_test

JGAF could you translate that bit about the NeoMax mode?
When the website went online i found some pngs referencing NeoMax mode, no one cared... as you see NeoMax could be the gameplay mechanic they've been talking about on the Q&A session.

Well this was posted in Cyberfanatix (I view the forums for extra info in instances) and this is what they said about that picture:

Well, from a rough translation done by a friend, it say to perform a NeoMAX you need 3 stocks. Perhaps it's a new fancy name for a SDM or so?

also, part of the translation says that to connect a special attack and cancel into MAX or Neomax also requires to sacrifice lifebar AND the aforementioned 3 stocks.

It's still a bit confusing. Reverse HSDM?

The Neo name might be reference to KOF NW when you could press 5th button to burn lifebar and cause more damage? This might be useful as a last ditch attack when u have more energy and the opponent just a little bit or so.

Kinda reminds me to GGXX instant KO moves, but with out the instant KO part. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-DarKaoZ- said:
Well this was posted in Cyberfanatix (I view the forums for extra info in instances) and this is what they said about that picture:

Kinda reminds me to GGXX instant KO moves, but with out the instant KO part. :lol
Neat,it sounds like a true Desperation Move !!!

tzare

Fersis said:
test_test

JGAF could you translate that bit about the NeoMax mode?
When the website went online i found some pngs referencing NeoMax mode, no one cared... as you see NeoMax could be the gameplay mechanic they've been talking about on the Q&A session.

PSN Releases of XI,98UM,GAROU and 02UM would be the most awesome thing ever.

By the way that NeoMAX thing is not the awesome thingy im talkin' about.

we could make one of those online petitions to SNK to see those games released for PSN

Do we really have to wait until weekend for that info Fersis? :D You teaser!
Neat,it sounds like a true Desesperation Move !!!
i hope so, and difficult to pull off, ah those Fatal Fury 2 days

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
tzare said:
we could make one of those online petitions to SNK to see those games released for PSN

Do we really have to wait until weekend for that info Fersis? :D You teaser!
IIRC SNK did a exclusive deal with MS to just release their games in XBLA, which is kinda dumb because most of their fanbase in Japan have a PS3 instead of a 360. Can't say the same from North and South America, but it would be 50-50 now.

tzare said:
i hope so, and difficult to pull off, ah those Fatal Fury 2 days
In KOF2002 HSDM were really hard to pull off, also NGBC team up attacks are hard to pull off too and IMO they are annoying to pull off. Dunno if they are easier to pull off in KOF2002UM.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Yeah I know I could import it, but then I will have to buy a PS2 and mod it so I can play import games. =/

Right now money is tight, but I really which there was a PSN ver, that way I wouldn't have to deal with the 360 dpad.

But oh well, it seems I wasn't able to make you spill the beans. :lol

So much wrong with this post. :|

tzare

-DarKaoZ- said:
IIRC SNK did a exclusive deal with MS to just release their games in XBLA, which is kinda dumb because most of their fanbase in Japan have a PS3 instead of a 360. Can't say the same from North and South America, but it would be 50-50 now.

In KOF2002 HSDM were really hard to pull off, also NGBC team up attacks are hard to pull off too and IMO they are annoying to pull off. Dunno if they are easier to pull off in KOF2002UM.

Oh, i cannot say anything about KOF2002 because i 'quit' KOF after 99, when SNK was almost dead. But i remember those old times when in Fatal Fury 2, most secret specials were difficult (and secret) too pull off and they were really useful, not like today as they are a nice way to make two digit combos :D Geese one was really tough :lol

I also do not know what kind of agreement made MS and SNK for XBLA, but i guess there are still lots of games that can be released on PSN as they have not been released for XBLA: Neo Turf Masters, Baseball Stars 2, Windjammers, RealBout series (i looooooooooooove them above anything else :D ), some KOF, AOF series, Last resort, VIewpoint, Breakers, Metal Slug, Top Hunter..... oh, i would really spend a lot of euros if they start to publish those games on PSN .:D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SNKP did some kind of timed exclusivity deal with Microsoft.
I think it was for 6 months or something like that.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
I think it was for 6 months or something like that.

Well they should start announcing those games on PSN and release them, maybe fix the netcode on the way? I seriously would love to play Garou against my PSN friends and not get neg rep in XBLA for beating people in Garou. :lol

tzare

Fersis said:
that is very usual for XBLA releases as far as i know, and i think it is a 6 month deal. But FFS and Garou were released a long time ago, i guess Garou will be one year this June.

Well they should start announcing those games on PSN and release them, maybe fix the netcode on the way? I seriously would love to play Garou against my PSN friends and not get neg rep in XBLA for beating people in Garou.

i own FFS for XBLA, but to play friends it means both need to be gold. And i also my arcade stick is for PS3/PC and playing 2Dfighters with Xbox controller is ..... well .... you know :D

Fersis

deidos from Cyberfanatix.com translated this image
  • DRIVE CANCEL - Input commands of a SDM during certain DMs - Using Hyer Drive Gause besides the SDM, enables to link a DM to a SDM.
  • NEO MAX SDM - Input certain commands - A Super which is realized by using three power gauge.
  • MAX CANCEL - Input commands of a MEGA POWER MAX SDM during certain SDMs - Using the HD Gauge, enables to link a SDM to a NEO MAX SDM.

Just like XI Dream Cancel. Pretty boss.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Makes sense if it's a modified XI-like system, eh? I just wonder how unique these NMSDMS or... Whatever they end up being called, will be, animation wise.

DM -> HSDM -> NMXDM?

So with Terry, from what we know, that'd be something like Single Geyser, Double Geyser, and then (Mega Huge Geyser?) (3 more Geysers?) (Power Stream?) (EX Buster Wolf?) (Entire Fatal Fury Team jumping on screen at once to dole out some Southtown Justice?!?)

Sounds like they're really stretching their animators & animations!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I contemplated putting those here, but I figured it might make people get the wrong idea, 'OMG, OFFICIAL SPRITE IS AWESOME!" style...

I really am wanting to see how close those match the official works. These are easily the best Ko-Ki has done. Very nice adaptation of XII/XIII's style, not just spritework wise, but also in the method of updating and rounding out the character to a new level of detail.

Fersis

SAB CA said:
I contemplated putting those here, but I figured it might make people get the wrong idea, 'OMG, OFFICIAL SPRITE IS AWESOME!" style...

I really am wanting to see how close those match the official works. These are easily the best Ko-Ki has done. Very nice adaptation of XII/XIII's style, not just spritework wise, but also in the method of updating and rounding out the character to a new level of detail.
Yup i didnt post those for that sam reason.
* Remembers K' and Mai artwork near KOF12 release *

If people don't read the words I typed, not my problem. :p

Following links off his page, it looks like Ko-Ki is a pro in the industry. So I'm no longer worried about his talents going to waste. :D

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
What use is a fixed button stick? :|

Get an eight button stick. Map accordingly. Buying title specific sticks is a waste of space and money.

Tell that to MarkMan :lol

Anyways, the SNK layout works for many games besides NeoGeo ones, lots of arcade fighters use a layout really similar to that one. Capcom is one of the few that use the 6 button layout IIRC.

Sapiens

Ko-Ki updated his page with these awesome custom sprites:

[IMGhttp://i44.tinypic.com/208y1k1.png[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i44.tinypic.com/5n57io.png[/IMG]

I am recognizing skill presently.

Wow. Those are flawless. Great form and shading.

I would LOVE Kof98 on PSN. And 2k2 and Garou. That would be enough. Right now I have the PS2 version of 98um which I can do nothing with because my HRAP V3SA is not compatible with PS3 BC.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Tell that to MarkMan :lol

Anyways, the SNK layout works for many games besides NeoGeo ones, lots of arcade fighters use a layout really similar to that one. Capcom is one of the few that use the 6 button layout IIRC.

Markman is insane.

I appreciate his fanaticism. For the longest time GAFletes here were content to play with pads, doing retarded shit like arguing which pad was best for fighting games; but I chalk that up to ten years passing and said maggots finally getting jobs and now being able to afford fighting sticks. :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I must say, while reading the parts of Ash's story... I'd love it if KoF included these stories in-game, with much the same way that Lost Odyssey included it's "Thousand Years of Dreams" stories.

They contained sketchy pieces of artwork, only slightly above concept sketches, yet, with minimal animations included, they added nice impact to the well-written chronicles. It was a great way to flesh out the characters, letting us see so many tales, in such a nice, painless way.

Come to think of it, Tekken 6 did something similiar to this, with it's black and white intro, but I kinda think they over-did it. The mesh of sketches, more solid art, voices, stills, flash-like animation... LO's were simplier, yet stronger.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Google Translate does a good job of telling the Loketest Info:

第二回ロケテスト開催のお知らせ Ask a second location test
『THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII』第二回ロケテストの開催が決定! [THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII 』will be held the second location test!
果たして今回はどのような追加要素が…! This additional element is what really ...! ? ?

開催日程:2010年4月24日(土), 25日(日) Dates: April 24, 2010 (Sat) 25 (Sun)
開催店舗: クラブセガ 新宿西口店 (東京都新宿区西新宿1-12-5) Conference store: Store Club Sega Shinjuku West Exit (Nishi-Shinjuku 1-12-5, Shinjuku, Tokyo)

Looks like we've got ourselves a Loke text, right before SSFIV comes out...

Fersis

YESSSSS !!!
Theyre going to show the NeoMAX mode and some of the unannounced characters!

GET HYPE!!!!!!!

s3fscj.jpg

I hope the dialogues are as funny as in SvC. (SvC > CvS)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Markman is insane.

I appreciate his fanaticism. For the longest time GAFletes here were content to play with pads, doing retarded shit like arguing which pad was best for fighting games; but I chalk that up to ten years passing and said maggots finally getting jobs and now being able to afford fighting sticks. :p

I still need a pad for KOF I think. I'll try stick first, but if I'm having trouble- I'll get one of those hori pads. It's mostly the hopping I have trouble with on stick, and hcb, f motions.

Fersis said:
YESSSSS !!!
Theyre going to show the NeoMAX mode and some of the unannounced characters!

GET HYPE!!!!!!!

s3fscj.jpg

I hope the dialogues are as funny as in SvC. (SvC > CvS)

Fantastic. Was this the news you alluded to, or was yours something else entirely?

Fersis

Master Thespian said:
Fantastic. Was this the news you alluded to, or was yours something else entirely?
Something else.

arstal said:
I still need a pad for KOF I think. I'll try stick first, but if I'm having trouble- I'll get one of those hori pads. It's mostly the hopping I have trouble with on stick, and hcb, f motions.

You'll never learn to walk if you keep crawling.

Fersis

Do you guys really want to know what im talkin' about ?
I mean its not that im teasing to be awesome, its just that im hyped and ready to be disappointed when i get a NO as answer.

Fersis

Ok, here it goes:
Im in talks with SNKP to do a kickass interview with the KOFXIII dev team.
SNKP USA is ok with the idea (They aware of 12 fiasco and 13 hype), im now waiting SNKP JP answer.
(The interview would be done after they reveal everything)
But think about it, a SNKP Interview for the fans by a crazy fan. Lots of potential.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
I mean its not that im teasing to be awesome, its just that im hyped and ready to be disappointed when i get a NO as answer.

Well if a credible information that can happen this weekend if not later? Or is a totally unrealistic thing? I mean if its possible that is something that can be in the game, then throw it, SNKP buyers are use to delays in stuff. :lol

At least the teasing will stop bothering us, I won't blame you if it doesn't end up true, I will just say "buh... sucks it didn't happen". Well that is me, dunno if the rest will be the same.

Fersis said:
Ok, here it goes:
SNKP USA is ok with the idea, im now waiting SNKP JP answer.
But think about it, a SNKP Interview for the fans by a crazy fan. Lots of potential.

Oh snap, well you managed to do it last time with KOF12. That would be awesome if you manage it this time around too! Besides SNKPJ want all the advertisement they can atm, so I think it will be possible.

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
Well if a credible information that can happen this weekend if not later? Or is a totally unrealistic thing? I mean if its possible that is something that can be in the game, then throw it, SNKP buyers are use to delays in stuff. :lol

At least the teasing will stop bothering us, I won't blame you if it doesn't end up true, I will just say "buh... sucks it didn't happen". Well that is me, dunno if the rest will be the same.
Check my last pot. T__T

tzare

Fersis said:
Ok, here it goes:
SNKP USA is ok with the idea (They aware of 12 fiasco and 13 hype), im now waiting SNKP JP answer.

i hope they answer 'yes'!!!

Then you could give us the chance to propose some 'extra' questions besides yours if possible.

Fersis said:
Ok, here it goes:
Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
I did, but you posted when I was writing a response, not my fault you edit your post and I responded to it!

Anyways, I responded in a edit, happy? =P
Yup. ;)

tzare said:
i hope they answer 'yes'!!!

Then you could give us the chance to propose some 'extra' questions besides yours if possible.
If this happens, my idea is to get questions from cyberfanatix,orochinagi,SRK? and GAF.

-DarKaoZ- said:

Oh snap, well you managed to do it last time with KOF12. That would be awesome if you manage it this time around too! Besides SNKPJ want all the advertisement they can atm, so I think it will be possible.
SNKP USA is well aware.

By the way, having SNKP mails on my inbox is awesome. @__@

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:

Bah, we'd always hold you in a respectful light for trying, no matter what happens ^_^

And if anyone gives you grief... the power of Hyp-no-Mai could always lure your enemies into forgetting... and if that doesn't work, you always have thigh-high wearing, bikini-bottomed Yuri to make your enemies feel a odd mix of unclear emotions!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
Ok, here it goes:

Ok, I will have tons of technical questions/explanations. That said, be sure not to let them weasel on netcode.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
SNKP USA is well aware.

By the way, having SNKP mails on my inbox is awesome. @__@

Yes it is! *jelaous*

But I hope if you have the chance to ask about what they plan to do with their netcode and if they have tried to use GGPO or not. Because their main market (South America and China) use GGPO regularly to play their games in GGPO. So it would be awesome if they do that.

I would also love to see if any developer does what Emulators have done all this time, use the "chat room" system to get in to a fight, I find that more interesting when you get into a server, see a bunch of people on your right and all of them chatting before a match. I kinda miss that sometimes.

Top Bottom