• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

GrayFoxPL

Guys, I didn't mean "fat" as in Bob/Rufus "fat". It's just simplification I used.

He reminds me of older shorter "fatter" Karate masters. Oyama even! It's clearly a throwback to them, I love it!

GrayFoxPL said:
Guys, I didn't mean "fat" as in Bob/Rufus "fat". It's just simplification I used.

He reminds me of older shorter "fatter" Karate masters. Oyama even! It's clearly a throwback to them, I love it!
I figured as much, he's still clearly ripped as hell as his art shows. I still think his gi is too big though, they could have made it more fitted. But I like his stance, it fits his intense attitude.

I'm liking the tanned skin for Vice too, it makes her red hair pop more. Though I'm surprised she doesn't have some sort of disfigurement like Mature. (At least that we can see.)

Kai Ozu

2s92c21.jpg

The backgrounds are looking really nice.

Looks awesome!

BTW, am i the only one who thinks Ryo's mouth animation could do with a bit of work? It just stands out as a flicker of no significance compared to everything else which is sublime.

NeonZ

Gunloc said:
Some of the team themes on the web site are different now and they've changed the color of Athena's default outfit. (Art too.)

I like it. Even if they can't waste time redrawing Athena's sprite completely, there was no reason to keep the same colors from last game.

GrayFoxPL

-DarKaoZ- said:
100422_K08.jpg

NEW STAGE!

That one looks awesome!

Fuck! Briliant! SNK is back!

I love it.

I don't like Takuma Kabuki stance. First they gave shitty stance to Ryo in KOF 96. They fixed it back in XII and now Takuma's stance got fucked instead.

Vice looks like a headswap. If she has new animation then no biggie.

Neo Max looks like it needs to be dreamcanceled in hyperdrive.

Hyperdrive
dm
Neo Max

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ok Fersis, if you ever get the chance to ask SNK stuff, here's a couple of things I want to now know.

Why is it a couple of chars, such as Vice, only got one super while the rest of the cast got two?

Secondly, why was Tak's Zanretsuken f,b,f+P instead of HCB+p like it was in KOF95? Would have avoided a move overlap with Haohshoken.

That first one is a strong nitpick- the second not so much- especially if Tak has his autoguard punch in the game as an unlisted move.

I do like how Takuma's sprite looks old and different from Ryo/Robert.

Vice's sprite- eh. BTW I think Mature's eyepatch is just a fashion accessory- doubt she actually needs it- it's a Japanese fetish. At least Vice doesn't look like a loli/moeblob/fetish char.

As for Neomax, it seems to be 3 stocks and dream-cancellable. Hopefully the motions aren't stupid.

As for bringing back dead chars- Takuma never died.

Mature and Vice supposedly did- but never was 100% confirmed. The only 100% dead chars are I think CYS, and Rugal. Which is a shame because Orochi CYS team were a really neat concept (not a fan of regular CYS)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So far, stance wise, the only thing Vice shares with Mature are her legs. And even then, the legs have new shading drawn on them, further seperating her from Mature. I bet she'll share some similar normals with Mature, but doesn't really matter, they seem to have unique specials and stances so far.

Going by Takuma's look, there isn't a thing on him that could he shared from Ryo. Not even animations; this is pretty cool. Like a nice Mix of Takuma classic with a bit of Marco/Kushnood. Can't wait to see him in action.

Chin being able to get Drunk, and Yuri getting her Chou Reppa back... Ash got his Chizuru-like Super back from XI, as well.

Notice that Ash's NeoMax is him tapping into Iori's flames, and basically a rip of Iori's old LDM from XI if I remember right.

Vice has a nice tan. Would love it if she still walked with a hunch.

Psycho Soldier team on the main site is a very fresh, new mix. Athena has recolored outfit, and Yuri now has a wink. Other tracks have gotten extended, as well, love the newness in the AoF track.

Very happy with all we've seen this far, tAkuma's new sprite makes him look fierce and unique, Vice is psychotic and hot, as she should be, new stages, fresh music, new moves, new mechanics... it all seems great!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Also noticing one other thing on Neomax- it requires hyperdrive move to perform, in addition to the 3 stocks. Unsure if it requires full hyperdrive to perform.

Ash's only did about 40% off his super. 3 stocks and using your DC for 40% doesn't sound all that good right now. Then again, I'd rather SNK err on the side of caution with these, so I don't mind too much.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
THE KING IS BACK BITCHESSSS !!!!!

Also :Remember that the movesets on the website are incomplete!.
HAOH!!! KNUCKLE!!!
100422_K06.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GAME OF THE FREAKING FOREVER BITCHESSSS!!!!

GrayFoxPL

SAB CA said:
So far, stance wise, the only thing Vice shares with Mature are her legs. And even then, the legs have new shading drawn on them, further seperating her from Mature.

I was staring at the gifs for awhile and I don't see anything new drawn on Vices legs. Unless you mean that pseudo self shadowing thing they do. I don't see any new pixels. The top looks samey too. Breasts, cleavage. It's Mature + different stance. I was hoping they'll give Vice a skirt or something to show she isn't a headswap, but oh well.

Fersis

By the way, in the scans you can see Takuma fighting in the new stadium stage.
Damn we have tonz of stages now!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

@___@ at Kyo's NeoMAX!

GhaleonQ

Fersis said:
By the way, in the scans you can see Takuma fighting in the new stadium stage.
Damn we have tonz of stages now!

Any (estimated) idea on how difficult this has been for them? It still takes a long time to do all of this, right, even if the technology's in place? So, are they worked to the bone trying to save The King Of Fighters' good name?

Fersis

GhaleonQ said:
Any (estimated) idea on how difficult this has been for them? It still takes a long time to do all of this, right, even if the technology's in place? So, are they worked to the bone trying to save The King Of Fighters' good name?
Yup, this is what KOF12 should have been.
They run out of time and money so they had to release 12 to try to recover some of the funds. (And respect some distribution contracts.)

Now.. SNK its the videogaming branch of Playmore, if XIII fails we wont see anymore big titles coming from them. (Playmore big income comes from pachislots and panchinkos)

That being said: GET HYPE!!!! What a crazy weekend is going to be!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
GrayFoxPL said:
I was staring at the gifs for awhile and I don't see anything new drawn on Vices legs. Unless you mean that pseudo self shadowing thing they do. I don't see any new pixels. The top looks samey too. Breasts, cleavage. It's Mature + different stance. I was hoping they'll give Vice a skirt or something to show she isn't a headswap, but oh well.

Yeah, I mean the self-shadowing. Still much more advanced swaps than say... any form of Ryu and Ken in any non-3D Street Fighter.

Nice tricks for 2D. 2onder what they'll come up with with her pallette... Vice-like Mature and Mature-like Vice have got to be guarenteed... now need a Marco-like Takuma, too...

GrayFoxPL

SAB CA said:
Yeah, I mean the self-shadowing. Still much more advanced swaps than say... any form of Ryu and Ken in any non-3D Street Fighter.

Nice tricks for 2D. 2onder what they'll come up with with her pallette... Vice-like Mature and Mature-like Vice have got to be guarenteed... now need a Marco-like Takuma, too...

I'd love Tengu mask on Takuma. Mr. Karate is the best boss character ever.

Too much to draw sadly.

Wonder if Takuma has Ryo's super chest punch.

New music rocks. I didn't want to say it earlier but I only liked the Art of Fighting team music when the site went up. Other felt weak in comparsion. Now the shit is much better! Seems like SNKP read my mind.

Fersis

jett said:
hadn't noticed before how awesome the team music is. hope and hype rising!
Check the .zip i made with all the team songs. (Though it looks like they uploaded new re arranged versions)

Top Bottom