• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
arstal said:
Ok, I will have tons of technical questions/explanations. That said, be sure not to let them weasel on netcode.
As a game programmer i have tonz! As a crazy fan millions! (But they dont talk about tech, legal stuff about licesing.)

Dont hate me if SNKP JP says no!!

-DarKaoZ- said:
Yes it is! *jelaous*

But I hope if you have the chance to ask about what they plan to do with their netcode and if they have tried to use GGPO or not. Because their main market (South America and China) use GGPO regularly to play their games in GGPO. So it would be awesome if they do that.

I would also love to see if any developer does what Emulators have done all this time, use the "chat room" system to get in to a fight, I find that more interesting when you get into a server, see a bunch of people on your right and all of them chatting before a match. I kinda miss that sometimes.
Only arcade talk allowed.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
As a game programmer i have tonz! As a crazy fan millions! (But they dont talk about tech, legal stuff about licesing.)

Its obvious they will try to avoid questions that might make them look bad, but sometimes its for the best. I do hope they did hear most of the complains that ignition send them.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Technically... KoF XII DID have chatroom lobbies. I tried to use them all the time to tell people "I'm sorry, but if your connection is bad, please leave!!"

.... most just ignored it, went right into the room, and pounded on the "READY!" button....

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:

My suggested asks "The biggest knock on KOFXII over in the West was the quality of the netcode. Many western fans want GGPO, or a Blazblue-quality netcode. What are you guys planning on doing in terms of the netplay? Given how spread out the SNK community is , oftentimes netplay is the only game to get games in."

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
Technically... KoF XII DID have chatroom lobbies. I tried to use them all the time to tell people "I'm sorry, but if your connection is bad, please leave!!"

.... most just ignored it, went right into the room, and pounded on the "READY!" button....

Yeah, but that is a different system to the one I'm talking.

KOF12 = Server with Player Game list -> Another player enters the "Game" room -> People enter Chat Room Area -> Go to READY Area -> Play Game

GGPO or any other Emulator online system:
Enter Server which directly sends you to a Chat room -> Pick a name from a list of names and ping # -> Enter their room with a small chat -> Play Game

Dunno if I explain myself correctly, but if not, let me do it a simpler way:

12= Server -> Player List/Matchmaking -> Players/Chat room -> Ready Screen -> Play Game

GGPO = Server List -> Chat Room -> Players Room/Ready Screen/Chat Room 2 -> Play Game

I like GGPO style more.

Fersis said:

Well, if HWA gets reveal by that time, I would ask "Why the F did HWA get in and not Yamazaki!?" :lol

tzare

Fersis said:
Yup. ;)

If this happens, my idea is to get questions from cyberfanatix,orochinagi,SRK? and GAF.

SNKP USA is well aware.

By the way, having SNKP mails on my inbox is awesome. @__@

Great :)

SNK should put you name/nick in the credits for KOFXIII

Only arcade questions? well, that is a bit limited as most of us will only enjoy console versions but i am sure you can ask them interesing stuff :)

Like other arcade projects (samurai/last blade/RealBout/Garou), future characters adn zoom returning to KOF :D

My suggested asks "The biggest knock on KOFXII over in the West was the quality of the netcode. Many western fans want GGPO, or a Blazblue-quality netcode. What are you guys planning on doing in terms of the netplay? Given how spread out the SNK community is , oftentimes netplay is the only game to get games in."
it is strange, because last time i played BB it was a lagfest, and when i played KOF last week it was lag free and a blast to play.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
tzare said:
Great :)

SNK should put you name/nick in the credits for KOFXIII

Only arcade questions? well, that is a bit limited as most of us will only enjoy console versions but i am sure you can ask them interesing stuff :)

Like other arcade projects (samurai/last blade/RealBout/Garou), future characters adn zoom returning to KOF :D

it is strange, because last time i played BB it was a lagfest, and when i played KOF last week it was lag free and a blast to play.

Blazblue has so few players now that half the time you're playing someone from Asia or Europe. Hard to find Americans playing it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey, dont get too hype yet!!!

( Im the last one who should be saying that =/ )

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
Hey, dont get too hype yet!!!

( Im the last one who should be saying that =/ )

Too late. :lol

Anyways, this will keep the topic active for a bit. We need translation from the Blog and the story!

tzare

arstal said:
Blazblue has so few players now that half the time you're playing someone from Asia or Europe. Hard to find Americans playing it.

oh, i was playing the same PSN friends on both games , that is the weird thing.

I'm from spain though :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
Yeah, but that is a different system to the one I'm talking.

KOF12 = Server with Player Game list -> Another player enters the "Game" room -> People enter Chat Room Area -> Go to READY Area -> Play Game

GGPO or any other Emulator online system:
Enter Server which directly sends you to a Chat room -> Pick a name from a list of names and ping # -> Enter their room with a small chat -> Play Game

Dunno if I explain myself correctly, but if not, let me do it a simpler way:

12= Server -> Player List/Matchmaking -> Players/Chat room -> Ready Screen -> Play Game

GGPO = Server List -> Chat Room -> Players Room/Ready Screen/Chat Room 2 -> Play Game

I like GGPO style more.

Ahhh, the fine line between games feeling like easy access console games, and clunkier computer games! But yeah, I understand what you mean. It'd definately be a worthwhile mode, though I wouldn't want it all to be like that. Would easily help the community feel more... community like. Would be great for getting a geneal idea for how many people are online, too, which would easily make the game appear much more lively, and would help make the games the "community meeting spot", since it's not like SNKP has a capcom-unity or anything.

I must admit, I'd love it if KoF XIII had an intereactive hub built in that was similiar to the Halo Waypoint.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
tzare said:
oh, i was playing the same PSN friends on both games , that is the weird thing.

I'm from spain though :p

Well, in Spain you guys might play more KOF then BB, which wasn't released officially in Europe until a few weeks ago.

Frankfurt

Banned
Toxico from MMCafe, about the storyline interview:

Things that I cared.... And I think I got right, har har. I'm completely skipping parts that didn't get. Needs a grain of salt

They promised a surprise ending that you won't be seeing coming, and that would more or less could be open to each individual interpretation (I think)

They won't talk about Ash true goals just yet.

Ash won't have a team and will remain an edit character.

When speaking about KoF'ISM' they tried to select the cast thinking on both, popular preference and visual impact; and try will try to work on the characters so that they feel as unique as they can.

.... I think he was speaking about liking the idea of doing a suiken character that would turn more and more red the more he drinks... Yeah, that's we know who. I wonder if they'll go for it.

Character text interaction is there to take character representation as further. Working in representing 4 languages or so in the game would have been just too tough, but they are at least trying to carefully work as much as possible in each character identity portrayal (For example, Ash being almost french, Liz being a neesama, etc). The pics are there showing how they didn't choose the most simple keigo structure for the character explained there.

There would be some text interactions that would be something to look forward to, specially those between characters that go a long way story wise. They would also like further explaining some 'unspoken relationships' between some characters (the imaginary example they give would be something like "the conversation between Kanedanagi & Kyo would be something special).

Suiken = Drunken Boxing

5 bucks a main character will die.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Frankfurt said:

Suiken = Drunken Boxing

For the translation so far (story translation), I think Ash will turn out to be the one who finally destroys Orochi. That will be a "WTF?" moment too.

Fersis

Frankfurt said:

Suiken = Drunken Boxing

If Iori dies ill become a BlazBlue player. And by that i mean ill quit gaming.

IORI IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. >8/

tzare

arstal said:
Well, in Spain you guys might play more KOF then BB, which wasn't released officially in Europe until a few weeks ago.
well, my friends and myself we all play US versions of both KOF and BB, those that were released almost a year ago. We couldn't wait for those games to be released here (like happened with demon's souls too)

Great new vids BTW:)

zlatko

Banned
Fersis if you do get your interview just make sure to not let them give you some PR BS answer on net code. Even if it is arcade only talk they want to do, just twist some nipples to get the idea to them that the game will bomb without GGPO or BB like net code. :lol

As for other questions worth asking I'd probably ask about things like design choices this time around.(Such as King not having her jacket)

Really the meat of the questions I have are not for the arcade version but for the console version. Things like how many stages will they go with, how many online game types, what all can we do offline this time other than a story mode, and a replay channel, etc.

I'd love it to death if for the console version they add a 3vs3 online team mode. Where everyone on your team is controlled by someone. I tend to have a really mean Joe or King game, but my other 2 characters tend to lack, so it'd be fun having 2 other people playing that one character they excel with. It'd be awesome if they did this to say the least. :D

Fersis

If they give me PR answers there's nothing i can do.
'Dont hate the player hate the game' kind of thing.

Last time i got the email on sunday so... maybe tomorrow we will have an answer.
* Crosses fingers *

EDIT: Mad props to ReXXXsoprano.
EDIT2: Im having some family issues so i wont post too much this weekend but if i have new info ill try to make some time to inform you guys.

tzare

i would also like to know it they will allow online classic 1vs1 battles,not only team battles. but that is not arcade related XD

You could also ask about returning characters from Garou and realBout series. :D Or the series coming back too :D

Fersis

tzare said:
i would also like to know it they will allow online classic 1vs1 battles,not only team battles. but that is not arcade related XD

You could also ask about returning characters from Garou and realBout series. :D Or the series coming back too :D
You can bet your doggie tail that im going to ask about Garou 2!!!!
(Remember that info that Garou 2 was 70% completed when they cancelled it?)

arstal said:
Hopefully 13 won't end up like bb and more like SF4 in terms of longevity.

tzare

rick-stroud-wind.gif

i have been playing RB2 this week, i'd love to see Rick and xiangfei in KOFXIII :D

Frankfurt

Banned
Newest Famitsu has a KOF XIII feature. One guy at SRK says Vice and Takuma are in it. It wouldn't be the 1st time characters were announced in Famitsu right before a loke.

But we can't be sure until scans are provided (not guaranteed they'll show up - it's easy to find 50 different scans of MGS, but KOF scans? good luck!).

Fersis

Frankfurt said:
Newest Famitsu has a KOF XIII feature. One guy at SRK says Vice and Takuma are in it. It wouldn't be the 1st time characters were announced in Famitsu right before a loke.

But we can't be sure until scans are provided (not guaranteed they'll show up - it's easy to find 50 different scans of MGS, but KOF scans? good luck!).
Someone in the Famitsu thread confirmed : Vice and Takuma.

GET HYPE!!!!
So this next loketest will have Vice,Takuma and NeoMax mode!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
K' is still coming, so be happy.

I'm a grumpy bear over no Billy. I could have had my all-time favorite team in a game other then 2k3.

Let's not forget about this game though with all the SSFIV hype. I'll be watching those loketest streams/vids at work next weekend hopefully.

I'm really hoping for a surprise addition of Whip (my favourite character), might not pick this up at full price if she's not included (I skipped last year's version since it was incomplete). I cannot wait for dreammatch KOF done in the new HD engine (though I understand this won't happen unless this game sells well... so I might have to pick it up afterall :lol).

GrayFoxPL

SCANS are out!

Takuma looks fat as fuck but I like it! :lol It's no Ryo headswap.

Kyo's NEO MAX is a flame explosion that go 70% of the screen!

I wouldn't say fat, more stocky/burly. It's hard to tell though since they didn't show his neutral stance. I wish they would have when with his AoF2 look, I think it's the gi that's making him look bigger than he is.

Vice is in the black pants suit as expected. She looks even crazier than usual.

Top Bottom