• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
:lol

Wow !
You can see the future!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
akachan ningen said:
why do you rely on an importer instead of importing it yourself?
Dont have a credit card so no online buys for me.
I dont trust my self to have a credit card =/

ie:
1) Oh wow, Terry's Cap just for $199!! So bought!
2) Oh wow, a picture of Terry's Cap just for $199!! So bought!
3)Oh wow, a magazine with the picture of a tshirt with a drawing of Terry's Cap just for $199!! So bought!
4)etc

EDIT: The new Psycho soldier song is 100% different from the first one, so maybe there's character specific songs?

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Dont have a credit card so no online buys for me.
I dont trust my self to have a credit card =/

ie:
1) Oh wow, Terry's Cap just for $199!! So bought!
2) Oh wow, a picture of Terry's Cap just for $199!! So bought!
3)Oh wow, a magazine with the picture of a tshirt with a drawing of Terry's Cap just for $199!! So bought!
4)etc

Debit cards like visa electron do the trick.

Btw. Can I really buy Terry's Cap somewhere?

Fersis

GrayFoxPL said:
Debit cards like visa electron do the trick.

Btw. Can I really buy Terry's Cap somewhere?
My stupid bank doesnt allow me. =/
AOF song has a kickass new guitar solo!
Cool Saxophone solo in Yagami Team song confirmed!!
SHA-V IS IN DA HOUSE!!

jett

D-Member
Fersis said:
My stupid bank doesnt allow me. =/
AOF song has a kickass new guitar solo!

SHA-V IS IN DA HOUSE!!

Have you checked out entropay.com? It's what I use to buy crap off PSN.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Wow, that music sounds really improved.

Thanks for link.

I'd love char-specific themes for everyone- I felt that was the one thing missing from the UM games.

zlatko

Banned
Really digging these new stages. Vice looks great, Takuma is alright. :p

4 more characters left! I hope they give K' the respect he deserves by making him look bad to the ass! :D

Sapiens

Wow, Takuma looks great. I was worried he'd be a Ryo headswap (That honour goes to Vice, I guess).

All the sprite work is simple incredible.

They're really making us wait for K' team.

tzare

sprite_vice.gif
sprite_takuma.gif

(thanks to speksnk for the gifs )

i cannnnnnnnnn't wait to see the Shoran-kyaku ! Takuma looks soooooooo cool, old school karate fighting FTW!!!

Akainu

Frankfurt said:
You guys are going to love this:

Vice and Mature are dead. Their spirits came back to protect Orochi. :lol
...ok I guess...well...it's at least some explanation instead of what Street Fighter does.

Finaika

tzare said:
sprite_vice.gif
sprite_takuma.gif

(thanks to speksnk for the gifs )

i cannnnnnnnnn't wait to see the Shoran-kyaku ! Takuma looks soooooooo cool, old school karate fighting FTW!!!
Yarrr Vice looks hot, and Takuma just looks awesome.

kurahadol

I'm glad I now have no doubt in my mind that I'll be picking this game up on release. XII was just like a slap to the face which caused me to rent cautiously, this is already oozing with awesome. And as someone said earlier, Yamazaki plz.

Fersis

Frankfurt said:
1P mode will have "tasks" to complete, like NGBC and SVC.

Takuma stance's top is like Baki's Doppo (even the looking down). The bottom is the cat stance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D864Zd1vEVk
KyokugenRyu Cat Stance!

SephirothRK said:
Takuma looks fucked up and looks like he put on some weight.
I like how he looks like an old ,grumpy badass karate master.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
KyokugenRyu Cat Stance!

I like how he looks like an old ,grumpy badass karate master.

Hopefully Tak is pretty slow but hits like a truck- maybe even Silber-hard hitting.

I miss Silber.

arstal said:
Hopefully Tak is pretty slow but hits like a truck- maybe even Silber-hard hitting.

I miss Silber.

don't tell me. i don't demand him in current KoF, i know he's way down on the ladder when we're talking about popularity, it's unrealistic.

but damn, i had a blast playing him in XI, he was my most favorite pick.

Hunahan

Banned
New stage, new characters.....Takuma.....I really can't take it. This is easily my most anticipated game now.

I need a release date. Screw the arcades.

Fersis

henhowc said:
Is Vice just a head swap?
Yup.
Though she has different animations. (The stance animation is different from mature)
And her nails are purple instead of red!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Augemitbutter said:
don't tell me. i don't demand him in current KoF, i know he's way down on the ladder when we're talking about popularity, it's unrealistic.

but damn, i had a blast playing him in XI, he was my most favorite pick.

I tried gimmicking Justin Wong with Siliber- didn't work.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Frankfurt said:
You guys are going to love this:

Vice and Mature are dead. Their spirits came back to protect Orochi. :lol

Well that is expected, I mean, we have God like entities like Orochi in the game. I would prefer Yashiro to be with Iori, but what can you do?

Still sound possible in KOF storyline, so this could also explain the appearance of all this dead characters in the Dream Matches, making them CANON! lol

EDIT: Summary of the Blog:

i will sum all important things mentioned in the last blog:

1 - yuzuko asked yamaguchi "there is an unseen before character in the opening right? that silky long haired charcter , that was ash right? his hair got grown? "

yamaguchi "who knows? his nail and stuff is carefully trimmed too huh? you will know about it later".

2 - there is a mid-game demo, and will be shown in the next loketest which there will be a cabin for playing against the CPU only, and story characters will have special entries with each other (text messages, like it was in SvC).

3 - this time when you play single there will be some tasks you have to do in the game (like land an EX special on your opponent) and if you clear it all something good will occur (no idea what).

4 - additional moves (mentioned in a previous post but with few adds)

ralf: special move (gatling attack), DM (horse ride vulcan punch)

yuri: special move (yuri chou~ appaa~~).

king: her lean over(cross??) D is a special command move.

mai: special move (charged musasabi no mai).

ash: got back his (Sans cullote) mode back (no need to charge to pull special moves and can cancel moves) costs 2 bars, DM (Germinal)

shen: SSJ mode back (attack power increases) costs 2 bars.

andy: DM (zetsu - hishouken) a projectile DM?

chin: special move (gets drunk and then his attack power increases and his defense power decreases).

5 - the efficiency or performance of the EX specials changed (no explanation in here) .

6 - hyper drive mode got adjusted (some characters color variation got changed).

7 - enhanced graphics.

8 - gimmicks added to every stage and differs from a stage to another.

AAK

The only KOF I've really played was XI... and I mained Oswald, Gatou, and Vanessa. Especially enjoyed Oswald and Vanessa... hope they can make it for the console release. Never played with Vice or this Takuma guy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Finaika said:
Did Yuri just opened her eye?

That she did! Athena also changed her clothes to XI colors.

It's pretty cool that they're willing to mod and change things like this, along with the music changes. The "Unrefined" works already looked/sounded very good, so to see them constantly stepping up on the details... it's just great.

Neomax might be a BIT of a shortcut in the end (by using huge special effects but with limited character animation changes) but it's a stylish one! One could assume they'll only be usable for the final character (or maybe last 2) you set, if they can only be combo'd into, and take that many bars. This would be quite nice, since it really would emphasise their use as an "exclimation point!" and not just as normal supers.

It's cool to hear about Ash and SHen getting their buff supers back in working order, too. Return of Uber-spammy Ash, and Uber-powerful Shen?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
2 Yamagi Team Story summaries:

The scenario of the Yagami team is fantastic. Both secretaries are indeed dead, but they don't really care about such trivial concepts. They appears as shadows first before taking their usual shape, and offer Yagami their help, because they like him, and so they can go against the guys who want Orochi's power, while he can go hunt down Kyo. I especially like the part "Iori felt the 3 eyes staring at him". Since they are dead, Mature's eye patch doesn't make any sense, it's just a fashion statement. Which I think is even better, in a way. Vice just doesn't care about fashion.
Also, Chizuru is still depressed and takes xanax, or something.

By Iggy

Just to clarify curiousity for the non-readers, the novel for Iori's team says that the two secretaries are supposed to be dead, and also hints that they've returned through some unexplained force.

As his cigarette burned to its last ashes, Iori abruptly slurred. "You're nothing but the dead, what do you want after all this time?"

As Iori watched, the shadows squirmed and slowly started to take form, turning into two beautiful women.

The story goes on with the two secretaries telling him that they're not pissed off at him, and they're back because the Orochi powers are being stolen by the weird new fellows. The previous storylines on the site explained that the Orochi seal was once again broken with Chizuru and Iori losing their powers (though it'd still take a few hundred years before the Orochi himself can come back). So I guess that kind of explains how the two secretaries can come back.

As for Chizuru, she's just resting in her house all day and night, completely lifeless and depressed that she's lost her powers. And it gets her even more depressed with self pity when Iori makes a visit. Because he's doing just fine, and he just beated his way through the bodyguards all over her house without the need of any superpower (yes, Chizuru's a millionaire).

By Professor

They both make it sound a bit different, like in 1 Iori is almost like mocking them by saying they are dead. In the other interpretation looks like they are. But we will know the truth ones we see their ending in KOF13.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I must admit...I have a twinge of hype with that I'm seeing. Takuma's new stance is freaking sweet.

This game is looking pretty good! Looking forward to some nice hi-res vids to drool over. As it stands, for a fellow who hasn't played a fighting game in years, this could be the one to jump back in with.

So if the members of the Hakkesshu can "resurrect" themselves, or at least have their spirits take physical form, maybe we'll see CYS again.

I know I'd love to see Yashiro & Shermie back.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Gunloc said:
So if the members of the Hakkesshu can "resurrect" themselves, or at least have their spirits take physical form, maybe we'll see CYS again.

I know I'd love to see Yashiro & Shermie back.

I thought so too, but someone in another forum made a good point.

CYS team "Sacrifice" both body and spirit to Orochi for him to take a physical form, he used Chris as his host but absorbed Yashiro and Shermie. Yet Mature and Vice were killed by Iori, so both their bodies and their spirit are still on earth. So base on this we can assume New Face Team might not come back until a Dream Match or something.

I really would love if they change Shermi and Chris look a bit, because their design bothers be a bit, but besides that Yashiro is the shit. :D

Oh, BTW it just struck me to notice KOF13 has 31 characters so far, and that is not counting the boss or bosses. Also for some reason when you are looking at a team profile and you pick "CHARACTERS MENU" you can see there is a spot on the right side for another team. So if we fill all the possible slots including the empty slots below and above Ash... hmm... 36 characters. This is 1 more than SSF4 and man, I'm surprise SNK was able to pull this out!

-DarKaoZ- said:
I thought so too, but someone in another forum made a good point.

CYS team "Sacrifice" both body and spirit to Orochi for him to take a physical form, he used Chris as his host but absorbed Yashiro and Shermie. Yet Mature and Vice were killed by Iori, so both their bodies and their spirit are still on earth. So base on this we can assume New Face Team might not come back until a Dream Match or something.

I really would love if they change Shermi and Chris look a bit, because their design bothers be a bit, but besides that Yashiro is the s**t. :D
I can understand the thought behind that theory but I think since Orochi chose Chris's body, Yashiro & Shermie have a bit more credence to return. But really, this is a fighting game, being dead doesn't mean anything. They can always come up with a way to bring a character back.

As for their outfits, I like Shermie's look and it could still work since it's pretty iconic. Chris would need an update for sure though. And Yashiro is always amazing, he's one of the characters that got me interested in KoF in the first place.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Oh, BTW it just struck me to notice KOF13 has 31 characters so far, and that is not counting the boss or bosses. Also for some reason when you are looking at a team profile and you pick "CHARACTERS MENU" you can see there is a spot on the right side for another team. So if we fill all the possible slots including the empty slots below and above Ash... hmm... 36 characters. This is 1 more than SSF4 and man, I'm surprise SNK was able to pull this out!
That would be nice, but they might just stick the boss on the opposite side for balance. Though I would always welcome more characters, so who knows?

Top Bottom