• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Grzi

Damn, Takuma's sprite looks so amazing. Makes me want to play him (didn't like him very much before).
Too bad everyone's forgetting about KOFXIII because of SSFIV and MvC3 :(
Still, I'm hoping for the best with this game, my hype level is really high.

Grzi said:
Damn, Takuma's sprite looks so amazing. Makes me want to play him (didn't like him very much before).
Too bad everyone's forgetting about KOFXIII because of SSFIV and MvC3 :(
Still, I'm hoping for the best with this game, my hype level is really high.

It's easy to get excited looking at the game, but SNK has nobody to blame but themselves.

Ignition promoted the hell out of KoF12 in the States; but the online play was shit. You need solid online play, or passable if you're Capcom
nobody will take them to task so they can coast on HYPE
, to be relevant in markets outside of Japan and South America when it comes to KoF.

I really, really hope they get the netcode sorted out because I don't want SNK to die. :(

Frankfurt

Banned
The lokes in HK have Hwa-Jai in the stickers (he has his version of Tiger Kick, drinking, and two DMs so far, one being Tiger Kick based), but it seems only Vice and Takuma are playable. Maybe they're saving him for tomorrow, along with Japan?

Nirvana Kuanglong overnight: 623B / D (air too)
Binge drinking: 214A / C

Super nirvana Kuanglong Flurry: 236236B / D
Long fractures: 2363214A / C

Neo Max
Perak force Kuanglong overnight: 2363214B + D

Akainu said:
They really don't.

Yeah, i can't stand those either. Even if they were original characters they still would look bad.

-DarKaoZ- said:
I have a feeling it might look like Makoto or something. Dunno why.

Yeah, stances where you stay on the balls of your feet have very deliberate steps, one foot sliding in front of the next. If he simply relaxed to the heels and walked normally it would be kinda dissapointing. I wouldn't put it past them, thought.

SAM_0370.jpg

Hwa-Jai. I'm really looking forward to how they differentiate him from both Joe *and* Chin.

Credit goes to fiol @ SRK. Here are the rest of the movelists.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DrFunk said:
HOT

but be careful, I thought scans weren't allowed
Its not a magazine. (Its one of those free command list given in loketests)

DrFunk said:
Well then carry on
Thanks for the concern though.

EDIT: Ralf got his gatling punch back. (Charge back,forward + P)

1608var.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Looking at the rest of those movelists, it looks like a lot of the neomaxs are from earlier SNK games.

Athena has Psychic 13. Probably a costume change super.

Takuma's in-close bust you up move is his neomax. I hope all chars end up with at least 2 supers and 1 neomax though.

I hope Hwa Jai has one more special- KOF chars with 3 specials tend to be pretty plain- Ash being the exception. If someone's at the loketest this weekend- could they test if Ash has his hcf+P grab back from 03/XI?

I think that's possible though- as Vice's Neomax is something new.

I think if KOFXIII is good, the hardcores will get into it here. It needs the netcode to get casuals playing- at least at playable levels. Tekken 6 postpatch good should be good enough, GGPO of course would be much , much better.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So Hwai also has a drinking mechanic? (Like Chin)
A W E S O M E

DrFunk said:
HOT

but be careful, I thought scans weren't allowed
As Fersis stated this one *shouldn't* get me a ban, but it's always good to have people on the lookout. :D

EDIT: Supposedly Hwa is on the selection screen in the HK loketest. I hope that those movelists are incomplete, personally. I just started getting into KOF and I already am missing moves the characters used to have. :p

Fersis

Master Thespian said:
As Fersis stated this one *shouldn't* get me a ban, but it's always good to have people on the lookout. :D

EDIT: Supposedly Hwa is on the selection screen in the HK loketest. I hope that those movelists are incomplete, personally. I just started getting into KOF and I already am missing moves the characters used to have. :p
Yup movelists are incomplete.
Even in the last loketest characters had more moves than listed.

GET HYPE!!!
:3

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, its the hype!!
EDIT 2: KOF Union has videos!

Orochinagi user Hwa Jai impressions said:
ust came out from loketest. Hwa Jai confirmed, yeah.

But he very much plays like Joe. I used him in one match to get pwned.
Dp+k is his Tiger Knee variant, if done in air he slashes down instead.
Qcb+k is like Joe's qcb+k. But higher arc I think.
Qcb+a is his drinking move where he jumps vertically to grab some booze, drink when he lands, and glows purple for a while. Whether it does more damage I don't see yet, but the moves are the same.
He also has hcf+p which is like Joe's tnt punch, but lacks range and pushes the opponent away.

His DM is qcfx2+k which is like Joe's slash kick...not particularly fast actually.

I took some hopefully non-blurry vids which I will upload later today, including some Neomax sightings and Takuma and Mature pwnage.

And a movelist with Neomax inputs too.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Vice seems to have Mature same grab and same HK (which sucks).

Didn't knew Iori had the moon shape in his outfit. Or maybe its special for that color pallet?

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
Since nobody is posting I will have to do a double post:

VIDEO 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgg2wbbPAG0

VIDEO 2 (VICE): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GPMl42S9u-I
Nice. (Im at work ,but right now is lunch time!!!)
So there's two loketest almost at the same time, double the footage!

-DarKaoZ- said:
Vice seems to have Mature same grab and same HK (which sucks).

Didn't knew Iori had the moon shape in his outfit. Or maybe its special for that color pallet?
SNK Color pallette art FTMW!!

Fersis

I bought something to eat ar the office so i can watch all the videos. :3

EDIT: We should make somekind of MSN Group, so we cant talk about KOF all day long! :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Not worried at all about shared moves yet. Different properties, didn't see Hwa take a swig yet, incomplete game, etc...

Hwa Jai looks extra ripped VS Joe, maybe? His Tiger Kick has a different effect on it, and his golden heel might also have unique angles to it.

Saw a lot of modified/new moves, new techniques, normals, and background details in the 3 vids so far. And first full screen fireball from Mature!

Also note the new announcer. Male, seems to speak clearer english than XII's (I prefer XII's, because SNKP+Engrish is awesome, but y'know...)

Fersis

mhmhmh Hwa Jai is kind of a Joe 'headswap'.
It does make sense why he is on KOFXIII.

tzare

SAB CA said:
Not worried at all about shared moves yet. Different properties, didn't see Hwa take a swig yet, incomplete game, etc...

Hwa Jai looks extra ripped VS Joe, maybe? His Tiger Kick has a different effect on it, and his golden heel might also have unique angles to it.

Saw a lot of modified/new moves, new techniques, normals, and background details in the 3 vids so far. And first full screen fireball from Mature!

Also note the new announcer. Male, seems to speak clearer english than XII's (I prefer XII's, because SNKP+Engrish is awesome, but y'know...)

i am not worried, but being all characters so well 'drawn' and cool i expected something like takuma , different from ryo. Now Hwa looks like Ryu/ken from SF :D

Fersis said:
I bought something to eat ar the office so i can watch all the videos. :3

EDIT: We should make somekind of MSN Group, so we cant talk about KOF all day long! :lol

No way. We gotta try to keep the presence strong so we don't get /completely/ crushed by the SSFIV hype train.

Fersis

Master Thespian said:
No way. We gotta try to keep the presence strong so we don't get /completely/ crushed by the SSFIV hype train.
Ok.... fair enough.
Im a passenger of that train ^__^

Fersis

Master Thespian said:
Me too. But I like this one better AND it needs more help. :p
I ride the other train....
I drive this one.

I love both series, but KOF... oh boy. KOF is pure passion. Its in my latin blood!!!

>8(

EDIT: It seems that getting hit doesnt cancel Hyper Drive Cancel Mode anymore.

Hunahan

Banned
I was alright with the headpaste on Vice/Mature, but Hwa Jai just feels sloppy and lazy.

Yeah, they needed more characters, but not like this....

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hunahan said:
I was alright with the headpaste on Vice/Mature, but Hwa Jai just feels sloppy and lazy.

We haven't seen everything yet, and they might give him stuff like how Yuri, Mai, and King got new stuff between the loketests.

Gotta stay hopeful.

BTW you don't need to be Latin to be on KOF hype. I'm about as whiteboy as you can get.

tzare

Hunahan said:

well, Vice and mature are similar but they have enough differences , but that is not the case with Hwa. They can still change things though, if feedback is enough.

btw. spanish are we considered latin too? i guess so XD because i'm white as milk :D

tzare

bloodforge said:
I don't see the point of having Hwa when we already have Joe.

Glad to see Yuri has her uppercut back though.

well, it is an easy character to make i guess. So they can have +30 characters in time.

Tu101uk

bloodforge said:
You got that right... ^_^

According to the movelist scans, it seems like Yuri's NEOMAX is called Haou Raiou Ken. Someone from SRK said that it may be like one of her MIRA DMs.

Vice is looking decent, and I expected the Hwa Jai criticisms. I'm gonna hold out on judgment until the next loketest. After all, there have been quite a few changes since the last one was held, so I expect SNKP to branch out Vice and Hwa Jai a bit more next time.

O-O~

Fersis

bloodforge said:
I don't see the point of having Hwa when we already have Joe.

Its easy to make Hwa Jai's character from Joe sprites. :3
If they put some new moves and different properties i really dont care about head swapping.
Take Vice for instance, she plays different from Mature.

NeonZ

Two head swap characters in this game? I guess that shows they're really dedicated to increasing the roster in spite of their time/resources. I like that attitude, even if it results in things like this. Just hope he gets more original attacks than what has been shown so far.

Fersis

I guess that there will be one more loketest... and K' Team reveal.
Thats going to be crrrrrazy!

Fersis

Urban Scholar said:
chain spike in HD will be nothing short of glorious.
Kula to be K' head swap confirmed. :lol

Top Bottom