• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

robut said:
I've worked at Gamestop for a few years now and ONLY Latinos ever ask for KOF.
heh XBLA 2k2um should deliver the goods. With the lack of info on that though, i'm guessing it's gonna be delayed till next year or something. Can't find any update on this title ever since initial xbla reports/

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, the lack of SNK classics on PSN really sticks in my craw.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd be totally cool if Backbone ported them with the netcode they cooked up for SF2HDR.

That would be awesome and another reason for me to re-PS3.

The sad thing is Backbone would be an improvement over the mainland Chinese teams that did the XBLA ports, and Backbone is a shovelware company in my eyes.

The Samsho 2 port was done by SNK I believe (maybe a port of the old SNK PC port?) , and was fine. Garou and 98UM. I was pissed.

Best bet would be emulation and someone hooking up GGPO to it. Preferably the Hero edition since I've heard it tweaked Krauser down a tad.

And yeah, the KOF rooms online- very few Americans, and most of them sucked on top of it. I was asked repeatedly where I was from because I actually knew how to play.

arstal said:
The sad thing is Backbone would be an improvement over the mainland Chinese teams that did the XBLA ports, and Backbone is a shovelware company in my eyes.

The Samsho 2 port was done by SNK I believe (maybe a port of the old SNK PC port?) , and was fine. Garou and 98UM. I was pissed.

I just toss Backbone out there because regardless of your opinion of them, they're nothing if not consistent; and ignoring general animosity for them, they delivered one of the better online fighting experiences on the market. :\

Would love to keep rambling on, but I'd be in violation of the ToS with the line of thought presently on my mind. :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I just toss Backbone out there because regardless of your opinion of them, they're nothing if not consistent; and ignoring general animosity for them, they delivered one of the better online fighting experiences on the market. :\

Would love to keep rambling on, but I'd be in violation of the ToS with the line of thought presently on my mind. :)

In the case of Backbone, the online experience from what I've heard was more in spite of Backbone then because of them.

Coeliacus

Blazblue regarding balance:

Reno's been mentioning character balances in this edition are even more fucked up than the original release. Which is unfortunate, because I really want to love the game, but ASW isn't making it easy.

Currently one character is completely useless (Rachel), but all of the other characters including the two new ones are competitive, certainly more so than bottom tier in CT. Top is also not nearly as stupid as CT top 3. Continuum Shift is a much better game.

Regarding KOF, we got enough requests for a KOF tournament for our annual event last year, but every request seemed to be for a completely different game. While I'm not really into this series, if KOF could reunite it's fanbase like SF4 did, that would make me extremely happy.

Zanken said:
Regarding KOF, we got enough requests for a KOF tournament for our annual event last year, but every request seemed to be for a completely different game. While I'm not really into this series, if KOF could reunite it's fanbase like SF4 did, that would make me extremely happy.
2k2um would get the lions share of ppl atm. If 13 does wonders having both games would suit both camps for an even bigger head count, but right now 2k2um is very popular in Japan with alot of traditional 98/um players whilst 12 is nowhere to be seen.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CadetMahoney said:
2k2um would get the lions share of ppl atm. If 13 does wonders having both games would suit both camps for an even bigger head count, but right now 2k2um is very popular in Japan with alot of traditional 98/um players whilst 12 is nowhere to be seen.

2k2UM is the best one to use- just go with that until XIII comes out, then see what people think of that.

Frankfurt

Banned
No KOF will ever replace 2002 and 98. XI is respected, but it never came close to replacing those. The fanbase is stuck and won't ever accept anything else.

Fersis said:
Duo Lon is the best character by Falcoon.
(Though i love Ash and Shen)

Warning - rant coming!

Falcoon didn't create any 2D KOF character. People blame him for Ash, Momoko, Malin, Shen, Duo... He didn't design a single one of those. Come on, Fersis, you should know this stuff.

It's like Ono. Before, nobody blamed anyone specifically. Now that the fans know two names, everything wrong with SF and KOF is their fault. CCs? Falcoon's idea! Mature's back? Blame Falcoon!

And no, it wasn't Hiroaki or Shinkiro or Nona that designed them either. Don't confuse illustrators with designers.

Falcoon is working for Namco, BTW. Don't know if freelance or what.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Frankfurt said:
No KOF will ever replace 2002 and 98. XI is respected, but it never came close to replacing those. The fanbase is stuck and won't ever accept anything else.

Warning - rant coming!

Falcoon didn't create any 2D KOF character. People blame him for Ash, Momoko, Malin, Shen, Duo... He didn't design a single one of those. Come on, Fersis, you should know this stuff.

It's like Ono. Before, nobody blamed anyone specifically. Now that the fans know two names, everything wrong with SF and KOF is their fault. CCs? Falcoon's idea! Mature's back? Blame Falcoon!

And no, it wasn't Hiroaki or Shinkiro or Nona that designed them either. Don't confuse illustrators with designers.

Falcoon is working for Namco, BTW. Don't know if freelance or what.

Falcoon was believe responsible for the original chars in the MI series. He even designed himself as a girl (Nagase) He has more then art responsibility on that.

I'd love to see the MI series re-envisioned as a Southtown game, KOF needs to give FF/AOF more love.

Zanken said:
Currently one character is completely useless (Rachel), but all of the other characters including the two new ones are competitive, certainly more so than bottom tier in CT. Top is also not nearly as stupid as CT top 3. Continuum Shift is a much better game.

What of all the bad things I hear about Tager v. Hakumen?

That's gonna be a real problem for me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
arstal said:
I'd love to see the MI series re-envisioned as a Southtown game, KOF needs to give FF/AOF more love.

Screw that; there's enough KOF as it is. New FF and AOF games instead.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
N4Us said:
Supposedly it's going to be out by May/June.

A preview video was released just the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HdmRybE1kM

Oh, what the fuck SNK? What the fuck? :lol

This game should have gotten the same treatment that NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is getting. Instead, it's like '98 UM XBLA-- 4:3 aspect ratio and 2D backgrounds (the original game has 3D backgrounds, BTW). At least the music seems to be the same, just at worse quality.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

This game should have gotten the same treatment that NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is getting. Instead, it's like '98 UM XBLA-- 4:3 aspect ratio and 2D backgrounds (the original game has 3D backgrounds, BTW). At least the music seems to be the same, just at worse quality.

Yeah! Wtf?! I was expecting 2k2UM to get NGBC treatment, this is bullshit.

Not buying it now.

Shikashi said:
KOF is a religion in any Latin country. We're awesome like that.
So THAT is why I always preferred SNK / NeoGeo fighters to Capcom fighters! Even though I live in the US apparently it's in my blood (PR).

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Loving SNK must be like being a woman in an abusive relationship. Sure he hits you, but you love him, and he didn't mean to, it was maybe even called for. Plus he could change, right? He'll change. Surely he will.

:'(

NeonZ

SnakeXs said:
Loving SNK must be like being a woman in an abusive relationship. Sure he hits you, but you love him, and he didn't mean to, it was maybe even called for. Plus he could change, right? He'll change. Surely he will.

SNK isn't Sonic team (yet). KoFXII is bad and their recent ports for the downloadable services had some problems, but that doesn't mean they can't do anything right.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SnakeXs said:

Yeah, exactly like that.
I keep saying, they wont hit me again... and then BAM!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
NeonZ said:
SNK isn't Sonic team (yet). KoFXII is bad and their recent ports for the downloadable services had some problems, but that doesn't mean they can't do anything right.

SNKP got the UMs right. Best remixes this gen.

KOFXII was unfinished. The core game was more sound then SF4.

Lyte Edge said:

98UM on PS2 had the option of 3D or 2D backgrounds as well as a ton of other options. Just because you can't see it in that video I wouldn't assume it isn't there. Does the PS2 version have a widescreen mode?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AdawgDaFAB said:
So THAT is why I always preferred SNK / NeoGeo fighters to Capcom fighters! Even though I like in the US apparently it's in my blood (PR).

Sometimes my preferences in SNK and wrestling make me wonder if I was switched with a Mexican baby at Birth. Sometime in Juarez there are Mexican parents wondering why their kid loves John Cena and Street Fighter. ^_^

zlatko

Banned
So no chance you think SNK might show this game off at GDC next week? I'd be pretty pleased if they did so we can get a bigger glimpse of what we are holding our breath for. The new snazzy logo is a great start though. :lol

I really hope this time we get K and if they could somehow put in Rock Howard I'd be insanely stoked.

Heezzi

Banned
KoF12 visuals are a fine evolution of sprite work, even if it is carefully manipulated polygon models, it looks amazing.

So stop being a jackanape and comparing apples to oranges. All you're demonstrating is an acute lack of appreciation for sprite art.

To be fair, neither does Capcom. Which is why they hired Dimps to make SF4 for them. :p

That's why SNK should hire Dimps to do KOF XIII or XIV.

It will make it easier to do Capcom vs SNK 3.. haha.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So who will publish it? Ignition ? Atlus?

If anyone from Ignition or Atlus wanna PM ... i promise to keep the secret! :D

Swittcher

Banned
Don't see the point of anyone bumping this until there's like, something to talk about other than how many balls XII sucked.

Fersis

Swittcher said:
Don't see the point of anyone bumping this until there's like, something to talk about other than how many balls XII sucked.

Today i woke up with KOFXIII hype, sorry. V__V
EDIT: I updated the OP with a link to a bigger logo picture. (My current desktop wallpaper at work and home)

tzare

p_kofxiii_preview02.jpg

old?

Ooh just updated!

King of Fighters XIII Location Test Kicks Off Next Week
SNK Playmore wastes no time testing out new fighter following announcement.
Posted Mar 18, 2010 at 23:38, By Anoop Gantayat

SNK Playmore is set to formally unveil The King of Fighters XIII on the 25th. It looks like they'll be doing more than just showing some footage of the newly announced title, though, as a location test is scheduled for the following day!

As previously detailed, The King of Fighters XIII Official Preview event will take place at Bellesalle Akihabara on March 25 from 18:00 to 19:30. Admission is free.

Today, the company openedan event info page. According to the page, the first 100 who arrive will walk home with a special KOF XIII tumbler. The event will be hosted by personalities Mitsuhiro Ichiki and Haruna Ikezawa, with Sayuki Matsumoto appearing as a special guest. What they'll all be talking about is a mystery.

Also at the event info page is a time schedule for the first location test. This will be held from March 26 through March 28 at the Hey arcade in Akihabara.

No details on the location test have been announced at present. Of course, this shouldn't come as a surprise given that SNK Playmore has yet to say anything about the sequel.

:D

Fersis

OP updated with the new info.

GET HYPE !!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

(SNKP is hyping XIII even more than XII, i like that)

Fersis, VP of KOF Hype.

mujun

WTF, why aren't they loke testing this in Chateau EX in Kyobashi?!? I live right round the corner now... grrr.

TreIII

GhaleonQ said:
1 week until I decide how I feel about SNK for the next 1 1/2 years!

Indeed.

I'm hoping for the best, but personally, what I'm REALLY waiting for? The culmination on what they were talking about when they finished the Garou/Fatal Fury anniversary few years back.

KOF is fine, but Fatal Fury is still where my heart is. And the fact that we were just a few points shy of getting a MOTW2 way back when still hurts... ToT

Fersis

tzare said:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/event/kof-xiii/index.html

calentando motores /spanish mode off :D

ia am a FF guy too (and AOf, and samurai :D ), but i'd love to see an updated realBout, Rb2 and RBS are fucking awesome
Yup, next week dood. Gonna be awesome!.
Garou 2 would be nice. But if SNKP only wants one fighting franchise ... for the love of god be KOF!

Mi Kofecito querido de mi corazon! <3 KOF <3

Here we call KOF : Dekino or Kino.
So if you hear some Argentinean dood saying: 'Hey lets play some Dekino' he is talking about KOF.

Fersis said:
OP updated with the new info.

GET HYPE !!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

(SNKP is hyping XIII even more than XII, i like that)

Fersis, VP of KOF Hype.

If Fersis is the VP then I'm the CEO!!!

I wonder are they gonna stream this like they did when they announced all that shit last time or what?

And I'm wondering what Sayuki Matsumoto is gonna be there for? Everybody in this this thread needs to Google Dat Shit Down. I'd say NSFW so be cautious. She's sexy as fuck. More likely than not she's just a seiyuu for a character new or old.

BUT EITHER FUCKING WAY SHIT'S GONNA BE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TreIII said:
Indeed.

I'm hoping for the best, but personally, what I'm REALLY waiting for? The culmination on what they were talking about when they finished the Garou/Fatal Fury anniversary few years back.

KOF is fine, but Fatal Fury is still where my heart is. And the fact that we were just a few points shy of getting a MOTW2 way back when still hurts... ToT

Same here. Hon-Fu Defense Force.

Top Bottom