• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hehe, sorry about that! :lol Seems to happen a lot around here...

We should be seeing more AI fights sometime soon, but not entirely sure which YT account to be watching for that... (AI's? Giby? Another?)

Man does it feel odd having this much story to watch from an aracde game! :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
*looks at Art of Fight ending*

Wait... what? Yuri has the hair THAT SHORT!? WTF? It doesn't look like that in the game or in the artwork. I'm so confused! :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
*looks at Art of Fight ending*

Wait... what? Yuri has the hair THAT SHORT!? WTF? It doesn't look like that in the game or in the artwork. I'm so confused! :lol

Takuma also looks different. Athena looks classically scrawny in her ending. Ryo has the orange hair, but looks too Bishonen. Kim's kids are freakin' young, yet Terry wore the bomber jacket in XI... so much confusion! :lol

It's best just not to concentrate on these things! :D

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Well having Ryo with Orange hair is a bit more original and interesting IMO. About Kims kid, they look like 10 or so, but that still means no Rock in a close KOF game. But well... what can we do?

But for some reason I feel there is a secret ending... but who could be the secret team?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
But for some reason I feel there is a secret ending... but who could be the secret team?

Yeah. Ryo's Orange hair is a strong Throwback to AoF 1 sprite, and it does help him stand out!

As far as the secret ending... Still haven't seen those cute "from the past" scenes of Young Ash in animated form.

But in this case, I'm in no rush! I'd love to earn all these endings for myself, and fill up the gallery-mode one window at a time... that stuff can wait.

I like the fact we got to see 2 out of 10 Alts for Andy (the first in slot one, and the one in slot 10.) 1 could have just been "Original color one... WITH A MASK!" but it's entirely different, removing his flame-top, and giving him very dark skin. This is seriously awesome; I'm almost as hyped to see the 20 colors some characters have, as I am to see the actual fights... really makes other sprite based colorwork look under-achieved in comparision.

Along with games like Oboro Muramasa and Catle Crashers, it just helps push forward the "Do you see how much MORE you developers could be doing with 2D?!?" agenda so well!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
Yeah. Ryo's Orange hair is a strong Throwback to AoF 1 sprite, and it does help him stand out!

As far as the secret ending... Still haven't seen those cute "from the past" scenes of Young Ash in animated form.

But in this case, I'm in no rush! I'd love to earn all these endings for myself, and fill up the gallery-mode one window at a time... that stuff can wait.

I like the fact we got to see 2 out of 10 Alts for Andy (the first in slot one, and the one in slot 10.) 1 could have just been "Original color one... WITH A MASK!" but it's entirely different, removing his flame-top, and giving him very dark skin. This is seriously awesome; I'm almost as hyped to see the 20 colors some characters have, as I am to see the actual fights... really makes other sprite based colorwork look under-achieved in comparision.

Indeed, what SNKP has done with the sprites is awesome, makes some characters look like they are wearing something different!

Although... with all this media... I really want to play the game right now. But it seems I will have to wait for the console release to play it. =(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's kinda sad; last year, when Blazblue came out, my general feelings were pretty much "Yeah... this is OK... I'd rather be playing KoF XII". Release time was at about a month apart in the US. It was a decent side dish, and it's netcode and lobby systems were fantastic, but that all doesn't matter if you're not playing the game you wanna play... :lol

So now THIS year, with a much more full, significant KoF, which now has no set console release even announced yet... yeah, this is even worse!

At least then I had the hook of the awesome, never-before-played Bang Shishigami to draw me in (with Galford Colors!), now... I'm not sure what's pulling me into CS. Last time I played CT a week or so ago, I was suprised at how samey and un-evolved the people I fought felt. (Suprising because it's been MONTHS since I've played it.) And similiar to how many feel about XII, reading the BBCT change list just gets thoughts of "well... shouldn't it have been that way in the FIRST game?" out of my head...

I'm sure it'll change once I actually PLAY CT; I know I'll learn to appreciate it! But for now, to be getting the game I have no pre-release hype for, in little more than a week... while having to wait an undefined amount of time for the game a select few are already playing, that's easily the most significant release from potentially my favorite developer...

...let's just say it's slightly annoying! :D

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Frankfurt said:
The Ash-as-a-kid ending must be Ash's? Or a specific Team Edit?

Most likely one involving Ash and Elizabeth, but nobody has talk about it.

Also I haven't seen or hear any place in which Saiki Dialog pictures have been used, I highly doubt SNKP just made them for the countdown.
This one:
99_66104_0dae703c26f5f22.png

And for what I know is that if you fight the Red Saiki you get obviously pictures of the Red Saiki talking not this one.

So I wonder... do you get to fight White Saiki too?

Also I'm curious to see if there's any hint if Chizuru got her powers back.

I don't know, so far the story seems to be a bit incomplete, I would kinda like if the console ver had a story mode like BlazBlue, but not to the extend in which you get all this crazy ending, but in one you play as a team and you get a story before every match.

Hopefully people find the secret ending of this game, if it has one (and I hope it's not the one with Lisa and Ash childhood, because I want one in which Ash is saved!).

mollipen

SAB CA said:
URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88NDYGZNgw"]The Queen of Corner Juggle 2010[/URL]

DAMN! This video made it look like Yuri had some super-huge gal-style loose socks going on through some crazy color choice, but looking at better shots that's not at all the case. Disappointment now sets in.

Frankfurt

Banned
I find hard to imagine the playable Saiki name we saw at SNKP's youtube account was for the red naked dude. He seemed like the typical limited-moveset, no-ducking boss, not a fully playable character. Wouldn't surprise me if White Saiki is in there somewhere (even if it's just in an unused dip switch).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Frankfurt said:
I find hard to imagine the playable Saiki name we saw at SNKP's youtube account was for the red naked dude. He seemed like the typical limited-moveset, no-ducking boss, not a fully playable character. Wouldn't surprise me if White Saiki is in there somewhere (even if it's just in an unused dip switch).

I have the feeling he will be the true final boss of the game and will only be possible if you pull out some stupid stuff with a certain team.

I don't know, I just feel he has to be there as a boss and we might see him as a secret character in the console ver or something. Because as you said, Red Saiki doesn't look like a fully playable character.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
"Normal" Saiki as a playable character, with his own ending, would be a pretty interesting prospect. Really wonder what they could do with him, to make him worth playing... "fireball-motion Ash" wouldn't really have a point in this game, All EX all the time Ash is already Dark Ash, animating new moves to be used for an Ash-a-like would be a nice time sink, adding another element to Ash, like Ice... now that could kinda work. Dark Ash already uses Tar..

O well, we'll learn eventually.

I'm suprised no one has linked the vids Kane has been uploading for the past hours XD They're very good for seeing Robert/Andy beasting!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
"Normal" Saiki as a playable character, with his own ending, would be a pretty interesting prospect. Really wonder what they could do with him, to make him worth playing... "fireball-motion Ash" wouldn't really have a point in this game, All EX all the time Ash is already Dark Ash, animating new moves to be used for an Ash-a-like would be a nice time sink, adding another element to Ash, like Ice... now that could kinda work. Dark Ash already uses Tar..

O well, we'll learn eventually.

I'm suprised no one has linked the vids Kane has been uploading for the past hours XD They're very good for seeing Robert/Andy beasting!

Well I was waiting for them to finish uploading, because I think they are still uploading. lol

Saiki can distortion Time, so most likely he will have some moves that will look like waves. Kinda like Ash stuff but will look like the image is been distortion when they are moving. That could be a cool effect.

And yeah, that Robert/Andy is Mr. KOF IIRC, he keeps winning all the time, let the other people learn the game dude! :lol

Oh well... Hopefully SNKP release some info this week regarding the Console ver or at least something else! :mad:

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
He's very much proving his name. In the latest vid (7) one of those guys sat on Maxima for like 10 seconds.... and then suddenly picked Kula. ARGH.

It must be pretty frustrating, when you're new to the game, and someone lands a neomax or 2 on ya... "farewell my credits, I couldn't even get at least get 3 minutes of gameplay!"

Characters with invincible EX Air moves would help alot VS his Robert... he's doing a good job at keeping battery characters from charging, though. After watching quick meter gains in JP and HK matches, I'm suprised how often I see his opponents barely even sitting on one good bar.

He's the kinda player that has me itching to play... I'd really love to see how far I could push him, with some proper meter building / usage...

Oh, and on the Saiki stuff, good point. Wonder if he'd be able to suck you dry, like he did Mukai, too? XD "Saiki wins...FATALITY!" (O.O) !

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
He's very much proving his name. In the latest vid (7) one of those guys sat on Maxima for like 10 seconds.... and then suddenly picked Kula. ARGH.

It must be pretty frustrating, when you're new to the game, and someone lands a neomax or 2 on ya... "farewell my credits, I couldn't even get at least get 3 minutes of gameplay!"

Characters with invincible EX Air moves would help alot VS his Robert... he's doing a good job at keeping battery characters from charging, though. After watching quick meter gains in JP and HK matches, I'm suprised how often I see his opponents barely even sitting on one good bar.

He's the kinda player that has me itching to play... I'd really love to see how far I could push him, with some proper meter building / usage...

Oh, and on the Saiki stuff, good point. Wonder if he'd be able to suck you dry, like he did Mukai, too? XD "Saiki wins...FATALITY!" (O.O) !

I was seen a lot of people doing unsafe stuff, but it was because they didn't know the characters and their new moveset. Like one Yuri who never did the Dive Kick, everytime he jump I was thinking "THERE! Do the Dive kick!" but never happen...

And I wonder, does someone know if it's possible to update the Taito TypeX2 board? Because it would be nice for SNKP to patch the Arcade ver before SBO, I mean... you don't want a glitch to happen during SBO, right? :lol

Oh, dunno if you notice the Kula in the Kane videos that someone used the WHITE Kula. Well that White Kula has transparency, to make her look like Ice! That was just awesome! :D

Also a small thing Cyberfanatix people were saying, in Elisabeth Ending Ash hair band in the end looks like the Japanese character "つ" , which is the first character of "つづく" which we all know means "to be continue". Now that I think of it, Iori ending has the moon showing, making it look like づ too... ok... time to see them again! :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
arstal said:
Let's put it this way: SNK has a perfectly good set of sprites- it's not going to waste.

If I were SNKP, I would make 1 or 2 guys to redraw all the sprites in higher resolutions starting now, because I doubt they will be able to use this sprites next gen. =/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, they have been known to Make moves that end up unused before... (These where only available through certain dipswitches, and don't appear to have correct damage set, as if they're unfinished)

But yeah, I think they have a plan for Saiki! Not worried about that at all, either already in the arcade, or planned for consoles.

I didn't notice the transparency on Kula (I keep watching the vids so fast, they're still at lowest res... a good way to promise to watch them again), but that's very cool as well. The Idea that White Kula is Mac, and Windows K' is PC, is pretty comical, as well.

It's said that the Taito board allows for USB Flash memory upgrades... hope that's correct. Sounds like a very easy, effective way to patch a games bugs and issues...

Oh, and as far as "つ"... :lol This aughta be fun.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
Well, they have been known to Make moves that end up unused before... (These where only available through certain dipswitches, and don't appear to have correct damage set, as if they're unfinished)

But yeah, I think they have a plan for Saiki! Not worried about that at all, either already in the arcade, or planned for consoles.

I didn't notice the transparency on Kula (I keep watching the vids so fast, they're still at lowest res... a good way to promise to watch them again), but that's very cool as well. The Idea that White Kula is Mac, and Windows K' is PC, is pretty comical, as well.

It's said that the Taito board allows for USB Flash memory upgrades... hope that's correct. Sounds like a very easy, effective way to patch a games bugs and issues...

Oh, and as far as "つ"... :lol This aughta be fun.

Wow, that video is awesome, midget Micky launcher is fucking hilarious! :lol

Well if it's true that the game can be updated using a USB Flash, then I hope SNKP is working on the fix right now, because they need to have a bugless game for SBO. At least the bug is not that frequent... I think.

Oh and about the letters, in Japan ending Kyo's arm looks like "く", but I'm just looking at stuff that it's not meant to be there. I'm just finding stuff to find and make my wait less painful! :lol

Stupid Aksys for not releasing BBCS on the 20...

BTW Kane 317 uploaded more videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kane317
Finally, some other players playing besides Mr.KOF vs the world marathon we got last time! (Well I think Mr.KOF is not playing, he might be picking different characters this time lol)

Frankfurt

Banned
Yeah, the つ comment from the other forum cracks me up. The guy sees Ash's hairband and he thinks it's "tsu" from tsuzuku?

He deserves an award for grasping the most straws. :lol

-DarKaoZ- said:
If I were SNKP, I would make 1 or 2 guys to redraw all the sprites in higher resolutions starting now, because I doubt they will be able to use this sprites next gen. =/

Two guys? If one 480p XII/XIII sprite took one person 16 months, we all would be dead before they had a decent cast in high-res. The only way to make those sprites is by having a buncha people for each character, or remove the deatil and animation (BB-style).

And using the NGBC filter would make those sprites uglier...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kane's vids bringing alot of interesting sights, as well as surely evolving gameplay! It's cool that at this level, you get to see some stuff that'll eventually be filtered out one people find their own Rhythm.

As far as these sprites being OK for the gen after this... I dunno. The way downloads and digital delivery is going now, I wouldn't be suprised if 2D games went full "digital retail" first, since they shouldn't be as memory intensive. I hope at least 1 big-time review notes the raise of overall lighting and animation quality in this game, VS it's biggest 2D competition, now that the "jaggies" are down. Many bandwagon'ers would just need a proper lead to head them in the right direction...

(Random: Awesome K' Neomax winpose is awesome)

I notice many people had problems with the hops in XII. Does what you see of the Hop game in XIII look better to you?

K' Hop normals seem fantastic to me, in this game. I've also heard other opinions that Takuma's look to be high class, too. I love some of the stuff I've seen, like properly used hops beating DP-style moves (novel idea, wow, no auto-correct!), and even proper weak attack hops giving enough hitstun to weak attack combos, which doesn't seem universal. I remember MMcafe's Professor noting that he has a hard time comboing Shen's jumping normals into standing C... so there might be some variations between characters here.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
SAB CA said:
Kane's vids bringing alot of interesting sights, as well as surely evolving gameplay! It's cool that at this level, you get to see some stuff that'll eventually be filtered out one people find their own Rhythm.

As far as these sprites being OK for the gen after this... I dunno. The way downloads and digital delivery is going now, I wouldn't be suprised if 2D games went full "digital retail" first, since they shouldn't be as memory intensive. I hope at least 1 big-time review notes the raise of overall lighting and animation quality in this game, VS it's biggest 2D competition, now that the "jaggies" are down. Many bandwagon'ers would just need a proper lead to head them in the right direction...

(Random: Awesome K' Neomax winpose is awesome)

I notice many people had problems with the hops in XII. Does what you see of the Hop game in XIII look better to you?

K' Hop normals seem fantastic to me, in this game. I've also heard other opinions that Takuma's look to be high class, too. I love some of the stuff I've seen, like properly used hops beating DP-style moves (novel idea, wow, no auto-correct!), and even proper weak attack hops giving enough hitstun to weak attack combos, which doesn't seem universal. I remember MMcafe's Professor noting that he has a hard time comboing Shen's jumping normals into standing C... so there might be some variations between characters here.

True, there usually is. The best hop counter is typically standing jabs though, which is hard for SF-grown players to adjust to. That said, given I've heard that Dps are used more now, that might have changed some.

KOFXI was the worst game for hop spam by far, espeically when you had chars like Gato who had frame adv on block with every single normal.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
arstal said:
True, there usually is. The best hop counter is typically standing jabs though, which is hard for SF-grown players to adjust to. That said, given I've heard that Dps are used more now, that might have changed some.

KOFXI was the worst game for hop spam by far, espeically when you had chars like Gato who had frame adv on block with every single normal.

Ahhh, is that what made Gato's hops so dangerous? I've always heard of the strengths of GKO in XI, but other than Kula's wonderful hop C, I never personally cared... plus I played more on arranged, anyway.

Proper EX invincibility VS hops should make the transition from SF a bit easier from some (new option!), but agreed on the A-as-anti-hop stuff. Hope Dandy J's KoF vids get a good amount of views from new players!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
The ending in which Elisabeth and Ash appear as childs is Kyo, Iori and Ash team.

It's basically a flashback of all the Ash Saga events so far + extra stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SyS5kLNHiw

Thnx to Sugarboy for this!

You see lots of scenes with Ash, then you see the same scenes again without Ash... confirming he is gone. This sucks. =(

SAB CA said:

I swear, everybody that bitches about these sprites is killing me. Personally. Idiotic poost by idiotic post.

The appreciation and love of gorgeous sprite work is lost in this era of hideous 3D models, garish lighting effects, and creepy skin textures!

Must be a consequence of the PSX/N64 generation. :mad:

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
You see lots of scenes with Ash, then you see the same scenes again without Ash... confirming he is gone. This sucks. =(

The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his heaven--
All's right with the world.

Well played, SNKP. Along with the music, it's all actually pretty sad. -insert crying emote here-

And blast it, the music reminds me of The Ending Theme to Laputa!

I personally get the feeling of "it's all right, everything is as it should be!" What a thing to say, as someone dissapears from existance! Of course, the actual poem has also be interpeted to talk of the fleeting nature of life, or some idea that greater forces are forcing things along a predetermined path, and you're powerless to stop it... so much possibility.

The Take Out Bandit said:
The appreciation and love of gorgeous sprite work is lost in this era of hideous 3D models, garish lighting effects, and creepy skin textures!

I don't understand it at times, either. Everytime someone tells me BB has better animation than this game, or XII, I seriously start to wonder about the perception of the generic modern day gamer...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SAB CA said:
The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his heaven--
All's right with the world.

Well played, SNKP. Along with the music, it's all actually pretty sad. -insert crying emote here-

And blast it, the music reminds me of The Ending Theme to Laputa!

I personally get the feeling of "it's all right, everything is as it should be!" What a thing to say, as someone dissapears from existance! Of course, the actual poem has also be interpeted to talk of the fleeting nature of life, or some idea that greater forces are forcing things along a predetermined path, and you're powerless to stop it... so much possibility.

I don't understand it at times, either. Everytime someone tells me BB has better animation than this game, or XII, I seriously start to wonder about the perception of the generic modern day gamer...
As a human being i think thats offensive. =/

GrayFoxPL said:
Kula Yagami representin'

Hunahan

Banned
Modern gamers grew up drowning in media that compared production values instead of graphics.

Anti-aliasing, screen tearing, resolution, polygon counts, HDR - these are the modern words that are used to differentiate the "good" from the "bad." Art styles, animations, character designs - most of these things have become extraordinarily secondary to the almighty pursuit of "bigger, better, badder" technical achievement.

In a world where Crysis is deemed by many to be the best looking video game ever created, it is quite simple to see how people become confused by something like SNK output. It works against everything the IGN and Gamespot hype-machines have ingrained in the vernacular as intrinsic to visual results.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hunahan said:
Modern gamers grew up drowning in media that compared production values instead of graphics.

Anti-aliasing, screen tearing, resolution, polygon counts, HDR - these are the modern words that are used to differentiate the "good" from the "bad." Art styles, animations, character designs - most of these things have become extraordinarily secondary to the almighty pursuit of "bigger, better, badder" technical achievement.

In a world where Crysis is deemed by many to be the best looking video game ever created, it is quite simple to see how people become confused by something like SNK output. It works against everything the IGN and Gamespot hype-machines have ingrained in the vernacular as intrinsic to visual results.
sdfwo6.gif

:lol

Agreed, kids these days love their rendering techniques like MLAA ,deferred rendering,SSAO and such.
Man, GAF loooooves their MLAA T________T
Im amazed by stuff like Raiden,Yuri and K' palette swap. :lol
I know that im being nostalgic but damn i love 2D pixel art.

Hunahan said:

Bravo sir, bravo!

anybody got a clear screenshot of takumas "winner"-screen?

Hunahan said:

i like your whole post, but this looks very familiar. i'm used to getting flak by crysis fanboys defending their sterile looks :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Augemitbutter said:
anybody got a clear screenshot of takumas "winner"-screen?

Can't remember seeing a single one yet. Everyone in the AI vids seem to use him as a first/battery, so he rarely seems to flat out win the matches... if I notice one, I'll remember to take a screenshot.

I personally liked this little line from K' though, to Kula. I think this is what he also thinks of Bao, Momoko, etc:

kdashsez.jpg

:lol

Fersis said:
As a human being i think thats offensive. =/

:lol :lol I must say, this was too perfect. :D

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Someone in Cyberfanatix found the poem that appears in Ash, Kyo and Iori ending, it's called Pippa Passes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pippa_Passes

Also 8ight translated the AOF Team ending:

After the tournament, the team gets interviewed. Interviewer starts with Yuri and inquires her views on the efforts put in by her teammates. Yuri replies that she feels everyone has truly put in their best in this tournament. The interviewer moves on to more private questions and asks Yuri about her ideal lover. Yuri thinks of an answer. Meanwhile, Takuma is wondering why Robert is so anxious and holding a ring. Then he realises with shock that Robert is planning to propose to Yuri and it quickly changes into anger...

Robert: Yu,Yuri Cha- !!!!!! (Gets stomped on foot by Takuma)
King: ?
Yuri: I guess, he should be a stronger man than my father?
Interviewer: I see. How about your ideal husband?
Yuri: Hmmm...
Takuma: Uh hum! Yuri, you are still too young for marriage..!!!! (Robert take revenge, stomping duel ensues)
Yuri: Mmmm this is difficult- he should be caring, a gentleman, neat... oh yea! Someone like King-san! (Gets slapped on head by King)
Ryo: If King is to become part of our family, I'll also be happy!
King: Eh? Er, no... (Blushes deep red)
Yuri: Mou-, King-san is so shy!
King: Yuri-san! Stop saying things that can cause a misunderstanding!
Ryo: King, you are welcome to stay at our dojo! That way you can also train anytime you want!
Yuri: So King-san, have you already made your decision?
King: TTThere is nothing to decide about! You seem to be trying to instigate something!
Takuma: (Smirks) What is it, Robert-kun... you seem to be in a very bad shape...
Robert: (Smirks) You too, dear father-in-law... are your old wounds hurting again...
Takuma: Ho-hohou, since when did I become your father-in-law, I wonder...
Robert: Hahaha,haha
Takuma: Fufu,fufufu
Ryo: Hahaha! Such teamwork is the secret to the success of the legendary Kyokugen Ryuu!

It's quite funny. :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
Someone in Cyberfanatix found the poem that appears in Ash, Kyo and Iori ending, it's called Pippa Passes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pippa_Passes

Oh c'mon, I quote'd you and pasted the relevant part of the poem right in the post! (TT_TT) -ahem- But yeah, that Wiki article did have an interesting aside...

Wouldn't it be amazing if some of what was hinted in the AoF ending actually works out in XIV... Characters with progressive relationships! What WILL they think of next.

BTW, anyone else buy me think the Purple + Green color for Maxima is an Eva 01 reference?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
Oh c'mon, I quote'd you and pasted the relevant part of the poem right in the post! (TT_TT) -ahem- But yeah, that Wiki article did have an interesting aside...

Wouldn't it be amazing if some of what was hinted in the AoF ending actually works out in XIV... Characters with progressive relationships! What WILL they think of next.

BTW, anyone else buy me think the Purple + Green color for Maxima is an Eva 01 reference?

But you just quoted me and posted the poem, I didn't know the name or what was the idea behind it. That wiki page explain that to me! :lol

And I haven't seen that Purple/Green Maxima, but then again Purple and Green could mean Joker too, or Kinect! Bah... Purple and Green combination sucks. (IMO)

AAK

I guess not. :lol

I just loved using it on my old roommate who (was beastly with Kyo) but spammed the position roll to get behind me. :D

An EX version of that would have surely made me smile.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
But you just quoted me and posted the poem, I didn't know the name or what was the idea behind it. That wiki page explain that to me! :lol

And I haven't seen that Purple/Green Maxima, but then again Purple and Green could mean Joker too, or Kinect! Bah... Purple and Green combination sucks. (IMO)

I'll give ya that one, lol. (Thought I linked something as reference. Doh.)

Anywho:

maximaeva01.jpg

Could use a few orange details, but otherwise... My bets on Eva, rather than Joker (Kinect? Really? :lol )

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
I'll give ya that one, lol. (Thought I linked something as reference. Doh.)

Anywho:
http://sabworks.com/mboard/maximaeva01.jpg

Could use a few orange details, but otherwise... My bets on Eva, rather than Joker (Kinect? Really? :lol )

Haven't you seen Kinect box? It's basically Purple and Green!! :lol

But yeah, now that I see it, it does look like Eva, because its a dark looking Purple unlike Jokers lighted color Purple.

AAK said:
I guess not. :lol

I just loved using it on my old roommate who (was beastly with Kyo) but spammed the position roll to get behind me. :D

An EX version of that would have surely made me smile.

Well his EX Lighting Strike is really annoying, the lighting falls exactly where you are at. He has enough tools to be annoying. :lol

Frankfurt

Banned
Anyone disturbed by the Iori-colored Kula? She looks like she's in diapers! Why the hell did they color her pants white? Should've been red like the chaps!

Top Bottom